Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5963096 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
Henry240:
You Fvckers should stop derailing this thread with your irrelevant top 10's and off-topic postings. Every Top 10 has to be Africa centered...... Any other Top 10, you create a thread for that. I'll be forced to call in the mods to deal with blatant off-topic posting.
Chill the Fvck bro!! It makes the thread more interesting and everybody enjoys it(South Africans and Nigerians alike)....besides out of the 10 fighters I named, no less than 7 are in service with African militaries, its also MILITARY related, there have been a lot worse deraling, that you didn't even bat an eye to, in fact you participate in a lot of them!

If you are going to lose your sh1t, lose it with the guy posting fashion videos on your thread.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2016

Gor hennry. Inside a SAAF dakota MPA

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Patchesagain:

Ill give you a clue:

1. T72 plus something eastern European

2. T72 + curry

3. The gun is fake... why would a tank have a fake gun? grin

4. Think watches and chocolate

3 o that missile launcher israle kept secret for years. Thats not a tank
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
andrewza:

3 o that missile launcher israle kept secret for years. Thats not a tank

All part of the fun
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
Patchesagain:

calm down

its the christmass/new year period so there isnt much news coming out

So because it is slow we are messing about and keeping the thread alive.

But fine... if you insist

You in particular have a nack for off-topic postings. We should all try to tailor the postings accordingly, be self-regulatory.

Other military photos are welcome, but it possibly could also lead to a state of total non-conformity.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
jln115:

Chill the Fvck bro!! It makes the thread more interesting and everybody enjoys it(South Africans and Nigerians alike)....besides out of the 10 fighters I named, no less than 7 are in service with African militaries, its also MILITARY related, there have been a lot worse deraling, that you didn't even bat an eye to, in fact you participate in a lot of them!

If you are going to lose your sh1t, lose it with the guy posting fashion videos on your thread.

You should have picked the 7 in African military colours.

Nobody owns the internet, i certainly do not, and this is not my thread! It surely won't be 300+ if it were...... Probably 1 or 2 pages.

I am cool.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
Senegalese Troops in the CAR

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
Brazilian Navy - Niterio Class Frigate

Nigeria Navy - Meko - NNS Aradu

South-African Navy - Valour Class

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nigerian Navy SBS commandos (in black) school U.S marines on small boat tactics/littoral warfare.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
Henry240:

You should have picked the 7 in African military colours.

Nobody owns the internet, i certainly do not, and this is not my thread! It surely won't be 300+ if it were...... Probably 1 or 2 pages.

I am cool.
Let me just emphasise that I(As well as Patches689 and the rest) will always post photos of African militaries (mostly SANDF of course) above non African militaries!! I mean as you know, we are just as patriotic as you lot.

Unfortunately new photos of African militaries aren't readily available, and honestly I don't like reposting old photos again and again as what happens on a regular basis on this thread, I feel it degrades this thread, and plainly makes it more boring!

Bringing something different to the thread(Which is still military related), I feel made it more exciting, its also just temporary, something to pass the time, untill new photos emerge.

I feel @Lionel4power and the rest of the guys will agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
Henry240:

Wow!! When was this photo taken?

Pretty fvcking epic!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
jln115:
Wow!! When was this photo taken?
Pretty fvcking epic!
Around 2008 or 2009 not really sure.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
This photo proves Vladimir Putin is "Immortal".

Putin during the Russian civil war - 1920's

Putin in WWII - 1940's

Putin - 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nigerian built Mid-Shore Patrol Vessel

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nigerian navy cadets about to jump with their kits.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
Recommended read. This is a very enjoyable read, check it out.

defencyclopedia.com/2016/01/02/top-10-most-powerful-frigates-in-the-world/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
Henry240:
Recommended read. This is a very enjoyable read, check it out.

defencyclopedia.com/2016/01/02/top-10-most-powerful-frigates-in-the-world/
Pfft!! no meko200?

1x 127mm/ 76mm oto melara
16x yes 16!!!!! SAAB RBS or Exocet anti ship missiles
32x VLS umkhonto SAMs
2x Mu90 torpedo launchers
2x 30 MSI guns or 2X 20mm oerlikon guns
1x Denel 35mm duel porpous gun
2x remotely operated 12,7mm guns.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 05, 2016
Henry240:
This photo proves Vladimir Putin is "Immortal".

Putin during the Russian civil war - 1920's

Putin in WWII - 1940's

Putin - 2015

That was his grandfather,
His father in 1940
And him
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 05, 2016
Posidonius:

That was his grandfather, His father in 1940 And him
They sure do look a lot alike.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adelz(m): 8:29am On Jan 05, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian navy commandos about to jump with their kits.
I think those are naval cadets of NDA, notice the NDA symbol on the parachute.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 05, 2016
#Nigeria COIN

- Nigerian soldier sizing up his L129A1 Sharpshooter DMR

- Nigerian air force Alpha Jet

- Nigeria Air Force QRF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 05, 2016
Adelz:
I think those are naval cadets of NDA, notice the NDA symbol on the parachute.

Edited accordingly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

Well i noticed that one of the subs is missing.

The old Daphne Class is on the slips, two Heroine are in the water and the third is unaccounted for.

you guys better find ur sub and better keep your subs in check because the NN has 5 shaldag ASW patrol poats with itching trigger fingers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2016
lionel4power:
you guys better find ur sub and better keep your subs in check because the NN has 5 shaldag ASW patrol poats with itching trigger fingers.

Mate, Shaldag is not Asw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:28am On Jan 05, 2016
Henry240:

ahhh see the Aradu standing proud. @Henry240 why do you think we bought only 1 meko 360? How i wish we bought at least FOUR... Who buys only one frigate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2016
jln115:

Let me just emphasise that I(As well as Patches689 and the rest) will always post photos of African militaries (mostly SANDF of course) above non African militaries!! I mean as you know, we are just as patriotic as you lot.

Unfortunately new photos of African militaries aren't readily available, and honestly I don't like reposting old photos again and again as what happens on a regular basis on this thread, I feel it degrades this thread, and plainly makes it more boring!

Bringing something different to the thread(Which is still military related), I feel made it more exciting, its also just temporary, something to pass the time, untill new photos emerge.

I feel @Lionel4power and the rest of the guys will agree with me.
lol jln hope you didnt mention me just to spite my countryman henry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian navy cadets about to jump with their kits.
wow what is all those bags they are carrying hope its not to cushing their landing lol...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 05, 2016
lionel4power:
lol jln hope you didnt mention me just to spite my countryman henry

That's why he did.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2016
lionel4power:
wow what is all those bags they are carrying hope its not to cushing their landing lol...

Lol.... That's where they put their kits (Rifles, ammo, medical supplies, essentials).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:51am On Jan 05, 2016
The dearth of the Nigerian Air Force
combatforces..co.id/2016/01/the-dearth-of-nigerian-air-force.html?m=1

[url]combatforces..co.id/2016/01/the-dearth-of-nigerian-air-force.html?m=1[/url]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2016
lionel4power:
ahhh see the Aradu standing proud. @Henry240 why do you think we bought only 1 meko 360? How i wish we bought at least FOUR... Who buys only one frigate

We got 1 Meko Frigate, 4 Corvettes and 6 missile boats. That's more than enough deterrent.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2016
Henry240:

We got 1 Meko Frigate, 4 Corvettes and 6 missile boats. That's more than enough deterrent.
These ships
usually form the numerical bulk of a the naval fleet as they are relatively cheaper than destroyers and large frigates true only for Blue water navies or countries that does not need to guard and patrol their homeland. For other navies that need to guard their homeland use large number
of Corvettes instead of Frigates and Destroyers. As for example Indonesia, India, Israel, Malayasia and others.
As the NAF policy seems to prefer light combat aircraft so i think the NN is following suit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oyinpr(m), mekussa(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.