Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5974613 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
Henry240:

Kenyan Air Force needs proper attack Helos like the MI-35, your MDs are too light and cannot provide the required support vis-a-vis the intensity of the combat in Somalia.

Infact the AU mission in somalia is in dire need of attack helos, had Ugandan MI-35s not crash into mountains, who knows.
there was an article about drone war in somalia and yemen and it was found that most of the time which a drone should be doing intelligence,surveillance and reconnaissance.was used flying from djibouti or ethiopia base to the intent area of surveillance thus becoming ineffective . Kenya army was using its MD500 to carry out air support but as we expanded our area of operation i believe that coverage was no longer available. considering the limited range of MD500 helicopters .where this attack happened its deep in middle somalia and far from kismayo,we seriously need to look at how we are going to give troops in somalia air support if we are hoping to degrade alshabaab
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
south sudan MI-171

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
A visual from the "stand off" earlier today...Civil unrest undecided

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:
Hmm....didn't know you guys still had the same emergency/Police number as us!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
jln115:

Hmm....didn't know you guys still had the same emergency/Police number as us!!
We're like an external province*Insert laughing emoji*
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day photos

- President Buhari

- Vice President Yemi Osibanjo

- Senate President Bukola Saraki

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

We're like an external province*Insert laughing emoji*
Hahaha true!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nigerian Service Chiefs and the Inspector General of Police

Nigerian Defence Spokesman Colonel Abubakar Rabe

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
africaken:
kenya MD 500 attack helicopter in somalia

we seriously need to upgrade our MD500's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2DRGGg8QD4

like this MD53O give to Afghanistan mounted with 12.7 mm machine guns

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
Facebook Post made by a Nigerian Soldier serving in the N.E this remembrance day.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
Henry240:

Kenyan Air Force needs proper attack Helos like the MI-35, your MDs are too light and cannot provide the required support vis-a-vis the intensity of the combat in Somalia.

Infact the AU mission in somalia is in dire need of attack helos, had Ugandan MI-35s not crash into mountains, who knows.
when i was browsing through twitter, thats what i was thinking about the whole time, thr MD's dont really carry the punch that will knock off a large decentralised force to dust..... I wish we had the Mi-28 which were roumered to have been eying .

Uganda still has attack hellos though, i dont know why they dont ever deploy them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
check out this stupid ISIS try to shot a MI-28(you can see the flashes)then the MI-28 sends him a direct hit missile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VOPv9Y_lSY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
denisfidha:
when i was browsing through twitter, thats what i was thinking about the whole time, thr MD's dont really carry the punch that will knock off a large decentralised force ..... I wish we had the Mi-28 which were roumered to have been eying .

Uganda still has attack helos though, i dont know why they dont ever deploy them
may be as things settle down in south sudan they will send them to somalia. i always wondered what a difference those Hinds which crushed in kenya,would have done.recently when ethiopia sent its Hinds to somalia twitter supporters of alshabaab started complaining(they are targeting civilians) .because they brought results
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
denisfidha:
when i was browsing through twitter, thats what i was thinking about the whole time, thr MD's dont really carry the punch that will knock off a large decentralised force to dust..... I wish we had the Mi-28 which were roumered to have been eying .

Uganda still has attack hellos though, i dont know why they dont ever deploy them
or we allow americans to station one of this near our border

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVXBHNvpTcg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
.....The Battle of Brakwater shocked
@ViceAdmiral
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=ViceAdmiral post=42006973][/quote]
Guess we both hit the submit button the same timegrin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Guess we both hit the submit button the same timegrin grin grin
Yeah grin Keep yours up
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

Yeah grin Keep yours up
Looks like the SRF was dressed for both crowd-control and possibly some running battle Seeing the reputation for violence those 'exile kidds' have earned themselves...First time seeing the SRF in Combat helmets

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Looks like the SRF was dressed for both crowd-control and possibly some running battle Seeing the reputation for violence those 'exile kidds' have earned themselves
In their defense..."The kids" are armed and dangerous...Their also serving as a buffer between the group and the residents of Brakwater who are also armed and not very happy...I predict more violence and unrest to come...and the gunfire last night war very close to where I reside...No taking chances...Will sleep like this tonight sad

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
africaken:
we seriously need to upgrade our MD500's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2DRGGg8QD4

like this MD53O give to Afghanistan mounted with 12.7 mm machine guns

Kenya doesn't have spare M39 cannons?

A simple solution can be like us, Portugal and the then Rhodesia which used these types of cannons on helicopters supporting quick reaction forces. Popular was the Rhodesian fire force tactic.

The last time a South African Oryx gunship armed with a 20mm cannon was used was in Lesotho, during the skirmish at the Katse dam.

High explosive rounds are effective in hard surfaces as they spread splinters unlike in soft surfaces where the blast is absorbed.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
most african countries are facing insurgencies but this is an aircraft most wont be bothered to buying, even thou they can afford to buy.america has bought for afgan and is training afganistan pilots for counter-insurgency with this plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z49NVpZvv-E
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

In their defense..."The kids" are armed and dangerous...Their also serving as a buffer between the group and the residents of Brakwater who are also armed and not very happy...I predict more violence and unrest to come...and the gunfire last night war very close to where I reside...No taking chances...Will sleep like this tonight sad
Bwahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

Lol!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

Look mate I know some association which collects old army vehicles.

During these times aren't you interest in an MRAP? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
MikeCZAR:
Look mate I know some association which collects old army vehicles.

During these times aren't you interest in an MRAP? grin grin grin
Get me a quotation for a NYALA grin To accommodate my comrades wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

Get me a quotation for a NYALA grin To accommodate my comrades wink
Comrades? shocked shocked

You want to get me arrested "for supporting a rebel group in a neighbouring country"? grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
MikeCZAR:
Comrades? shocked shocked

You want to get me arrested "for supporting a rebel group in a neighbouring country"? grin grin grin
Okay fine then:-/ grin
We'll fight the good fight without the support of SA grin...Just hope this racial skirmishes don't spill over down south
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
gottfried21:

Okay fine then:-/ grin
We'll fight the good fight without the support of SA grin...Just hope this racial skirmishes don't spill over down south

Are the protests racial?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
sudan SU-24 Bomber

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
africaken:
most african countries are facing insurgencies but this is an aircraft most wont be bothered to buying, even thou they can afford to buy.america has bought for afgan and is training afganistan pilots for counter-insurgency with this plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z49NVpZvv-E
Think the AHRLAC would be an even better choice when it comes into production:

25 hardpoints....yes 25!!
2000+km range(internal fuel)
10 hour endurance
8/-4 G-Force load.
Max speed: 272kn
Empty weight: 2000kg
Max takeoff weight: 4400kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R5y5EmCapE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoW1bCHB8-o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.