Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967112 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
Daverytimes:

Absolutely amazing, this is how a special force should look. Hopefully Nigeria learns a thing or two from its neighbors.
Well dude honestly that's mostly for Show hey, when you look at most special forces they don't wear all they're equipment like that, its more about training and skill then the amount of gear you have on you, when you look at the S.A.S the Seals etc... They hardy ever where identical gear, every guy dresses in the way he's most comfortable in, you find differences in weapons, battle vests some prefer armour and some don't.
Most S.Fs prefer to travel light preferring to carry more ammo the armour, and give up protection for better manoeuvrability.

But those dudes surely do look pretty sick.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Centrifude:
Well dude honestly that's mostly for Show hey, when you look at most special forces they don't wear all they're equipment like that, its more about training and skill then the amount of gear you have on you, when you look at the S.A.S the Seals etc... They hardy ever where identical gear, every guy dresses in the way he's most comfortable in, you find differences in weapons, battle vests some prefer armour and some don't.
Most S.Fs prefer to travel light preferring to carry more ammo the armour, and give up protection for better manoeuvrability.

But those dudes surely do look pretty sick.

Every thing that the ivorian have on is functional and while they might not have the training of the S.A.S or the Seals they got the functional kit down. Training is indeed good and it is indeed a major part of any Special Force, but if your SF are not properly kitted, if they don't have the proper food rations or the proper amount of ammo how are they going to survive. I have seen our soldiers in Nigeria fighting with flip flops, some of them wearing t-shirts with a vest on top. That is the height of negligence, there is nothing wrong with wearing different gear but there is a difference between different gear and no gear.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
Daverytimes:

Every thing that the ivorian have on is functional and while they might not have the training of the S.A.S or the Seals they got the functional kit down. Training is indeed good and it is indeed a major part of any Special Force, but if your SF are not properly kitted, if they don't have the proper food rations or the proper amount of ammo how are they going to survive. I have seen our soldiers in Nigeria fighting with flip flops, some of them wearing t-shirts with a vest on top. That is the height of negligence, there is nothing wrong with wearing different gear but there is a difference between different gear and no gear.

Nah dude I was talking about the overall gear that they have on, not food and all that ish. And I was just saying that, it was basically for a parade, and you should check out Nigeria's SBS they also have good gear.

Plus don't forget those guys on that pic are S.F so get get special privileges but the average soldier might be a lot worse than what Nigerians have.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
"Oga" Henry I think,you should encourage "passive patriotism". If I can use that phrase.

Unlike what we are seeing now,where other "African brothers" are bashed and forced into some "dic..k measuring contest".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
MikeZA: "Oga" Henry I think,you should encourage "passive patriotism". If I can use that phrase.

Unlike what we are seeing now,where other "African brothers" are bashed and forced into some "dic..k measuring contest".

It depends on the individual poster to determine what he wants to post. Although I agree with your comment, it is always very frustrating the constant banter. However , the love to hate relationship between us(south-africa and nigeria especially) has kept that thread going.

This is, if I understand what you mean by "passive patriotism".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Centrifude:
I guess what you're saying is very true I just hope that we don't get caught in the middle of all this B.S, we all have enough ish to deal with, but with everything that's been happening, U.S blocking Nigeria from buying weapons, it seems as if the more nigeria makes progress in fighting B.h the U.S do something to slow down that process, while on the other hand S.A politicians are bending over to Chinas will, and we're still waiting to see how the west is going to respond to this unexpected R.S.A & Russian Nuclear Power deal.

Contrary to the reports, the U.S blocked the deal for the sale of EX- Israeli Airforce AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters to Nigeria and not the Chinook.

Nigeria has always been a hotbed for islamic extremism, we've always had and would continue to have extremists to deal with in the north. Right from Usman don fodio in the 1800's - maitastine in the 1980's - mohammed yusuf and shekau today. We've learnt to manage them, but it has always been a delicate balancing act for our politicians, taking into account religious and ethnic considerations. In nigeria, nothing is straight forward or black and white.

Ultimately politicians politicising issues of national security are ultimately to blame. They are only just waking up.

As long as it's meant for peaceful purposes, I don't see the U.S making a lot of noise, as for China, even our politicians in Abuja would bend over. The chinese have invested more in Infrastructure/ commerce in Africa, over the last 40 years than the west in 400.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PatriotZAR: 7:12am On Sep 26, 2014
"We fear naught but God"

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2014
PatriotZAR: "We fear naught but God"

Where do get these from? is it an exercise or real operation?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2014
AAD 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2014
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
South Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
GreenandGold:

Where do get these from? is it an exercise or real operation?

Lol Nah I highly doubt that its a real operation our guys don't actually use the Uzzi they only train with them, kinda like that whole thing of learning how to use different weapons just incase you encounter them during operations.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
Centrifude:

Lol Nah I highly doubt that its a real operation our guys don't actually use the Uzzi they only train with them, kinda like that whole thing of learning how to use different weapons just incase you encounter them during operations.

Nah that looks like the Milkor 9mm BXP
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Henry120: AAD 2014

What MRAP is on the second picture?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Centrifude:

They use anything. They have massive stocks assault rifles captured from naval raids.

I think those images came from the special forces exercise in Angola.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
Live training...KE

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Transport and heavy liftig- KAF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
denisfidha: Transport and heavy liftig- KAF
Nice pictures mate.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
GreenandGold:

That's a Streit typhoon.

From the Streit Group, Nigeria are possibly looking to acquire the TYPHOON MRAP.

http://www.janes.com/article/43448/aad-streit-outlines-key-customers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
GreenandGold:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Centrifude: SANDF PREPERS FOR WAR

www.sabreakingnews.co.za/2014/09/26/sandf-prepares-for-war/

What I haven't been able to figure out is with Africa Stand by force and with the Intervention force Brigade, how exactly will they be able to be deployed? Because basically the Intervention force is a rapid deployment force deployed to avert a major crisis.... So what will be the threshold for there deployment? Every country in Africa has its own army that can atleast try fight its own enemies. I don't see a place in time where the AU or UN reacts quickly to a crisis with all its politics and bureaucracy . Eg. is South Sudan, even after more than 10,000 civilians are killed, no intervention has been deployed to date, even after the UN camps in S.Sudan were attacked by rebels, the two waring sides are still setting the conditions for dialogue.....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2014
NA para troopers

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sister ship of F-91(the F-92) under construction.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tz F7s

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
Unganda Urban Anti Terrorism Campaign-they use everything they got.... but if it keeps people safe, what the hell!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
SAAF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
NAF Alpha jet

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
AAD 2014
Not sure if these are South Africa Special Forces or what.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
denisfidha:

What I haven't been able to figure out is with Africa Stand by force and with the Intervention force Brigade, how exactly will they be able to be deployed? Because basically the Intervention force is a rapid deployment force deployed to avert a major crisis.... So what will be the threshold for there deployment? Every country in Africa has its own army that can atleast try fight its own enemies. I don't see a place in time where the AU or UN reacts quickly to a crisis with all its politics and bureaucracy . Eg. is South Sudan, even after more than 10,000 civilians are killed, no intervention has been deployed to date, even after the UN camps in S.Sudan were attacked by rebels, the two waring sides are still setting the conditions for dialogue.....

Dude when it comes to the matter of how they are going to be deployed I'd be lying to you if I told that I knew how's that's going to workout.

Most African Countries have serious issues when it comes to rapid deployment, we don't have those major heavy lift capabilities. And let's be honest what good or right thing has the U.N ever done, they deploy late and they just watch as civilians get killed.

The way I understand it is that ACIRC is going to be a South African led force which includes Countries like ude Algeria, Liberia, Sudan and Uganda. Its said that these Countries have invested a lot of money into training the troops they are going to be contributing to the force, With South Africa being said to have spent over R4 billion rands which is around $363 million. So I don't think they'd spend that much money on training troops without coming up with a serious plan to help them deploy those guys.

But all we can do right now is just speculate to how things are going to go down, until the actual thing happens, because no one is releasing any kind of substantial information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.