Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966692 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
Henry240:

Nice pictures man.

So it snows in Algeria, i never knew that. I always picture the North of Africa as very hot with low rainfall and lots and lots of desert.

for snow in algeria and africa , check this topic :https://www.nairaland.com/2947415/snow-africa-pic

pic algerian army patrol and helping to open blocked road by snow

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 6:09am On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

Unfortunately, one of the APCs produced by the Abu-Dhabi based company failed a ballistics test when policemen came in contact with armed robbers in Nigeria's South-East in 2013. The vehicle got penetrated by 7.62mm rounds.

UAE 's denfence industry should not have this quality control problem as they are one of the strongest in middle east.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2016
patches689:
south Africa's indigenously designed frigate

They were already cutting the steel in durban when the project was cancelled in 1989
Such a shame.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2016
FLASH

According to unconfirmed reports, the Nigeran Air Force would soon take delivery of Yahbon Flash-20 UAV. The source claims a deal has already been negotiated.

Let's keep and eye on this space.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:09am On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:
FLASH

According to unconfirmed reports, the Nigeran Air Force would soon take delivery of Yahbon Flash-20 UAV. The source claims a deal has already been negotiated.

wots wrong with dis govt, were is amebo,gulma etc,even at the unveiling of the gulma d design said something of scaling up the UAV if need b.dis is really shameful.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:
wots wrong with dis govt, were is amebo,gulma etc,even at the unveiling of the gulma d design said something of scaling up the UAV if need b.dis is really shameful.

True yarn @ giles14. But something is better than nothing........ . .... grin shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:

Private sector led defence production is the only answer to our unending conundrum.

bidexiii:

True yarn @ giles14. But something is better than nothing........ . .... grin shocked

Unconfirmed, it all just be hot air, well have to wait and see what the next 12 months bring.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Nigeran Navy's domestically built Tug Boat.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

Private sector led defence production is the only answer to our unending conundrum.

Unconfirmed, it all just be hot air, well have to wait and see what the next 12 months bring.
I govt can do PPP or still do d work alone.

@bidexii I pray it don't go tru.
let's invest in the gulma,scale it up to our spec.
NAF-aerial surveillance

Nscdc-pipeline n critical infrastructure surveillance

Ncs n Nis -border surveillance.

so all dis security needs will be out sourced to foreign countries dere by increasing unemployment.
we hav d tech

we hav d brains

we hav d manpower

so y give it out.
Nigeria with close to 200million pple wot can we say is our national pride nothing.

we kip on shouting "giant of Africa" pls giant in wot?

pls I will like an answer to dat.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:

NAF-aerial surveillance

so all dis security needs will be out sourced to foreign countries dere by increasing unemployment.
we hav d tech

we hav d brains

we hav d manpower

so y give it out.
Nigeria with close to 200million pple wot can we say is our national pride nothing.

GIANT OF AFRICA ni. It's well.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:56am On Jul 03, 2016
In an ideal world all that would be true.Nigeria technology-wise is not there yet. Amebo's loitering time is not advanced enough. Nigeria needs surveillance UAVs with more advanced surveillance capabilities now.
The issues surrounding distant places like Gamboru-Ngala , Doran-Bama, and the Niger Delta will not be solved by the current UAV Amenities without enhanced surveillance assets.
The N.N. which technology wise is at the forefront of the Armed Forces recognized this,it is this belief that led to the procurement of the Falcon surveillance system .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:

NAF-aerial surveillance

Oga stop foaming in the mouth. There are literally hundreds of things i can mention, don't let emotions guide your comments.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

Oga stop foaming in the mouth. There literally hundreds of things i can mention, don't let emotions guide your comments.
if I dey foam 4 mouth,u Na blood u dey vomit.

pls I will to know of hundreds of things u want to mention.

pls don't name dangote glo etc or abi na proforce.

I dey want o.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2016
LTGEN:
In an ideal world all that would be true.Nigeria technology-wise is not there yet. Amebo's loitering time is not advanced enough. Nigeria needs surveillance UAVs with more advanced surveillance capabilities now.
The issues surrounding distant places like Gamboru-Ngala , Doran-Bama, and the Niger Delta will not be solved by the current UAV Amenities without enhanced surveillance assets.
The N.N. which technology wise is at the forefront of the Armed Forces recognized this,it is this belief that led to the procurement of the Falcon surveillance system .
God bless u, we can still go for ToT N den improve our indeginious design.

no b dat other abusive commentor

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 11:10am On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:
It is extremely important that Nigeria acquires these UAVs for the NAF now.
This is not a question of National pride but one of National pragmatism.
Currently Nigeria as advanced as her surveillance assets are relative to Africa needs them to be enhanced as an immediate priority .
The Minister of communication it appears has good intentions but time is not on Nigeria 's side.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:
FLASH

There may well be substance to the rumour:

To man these platforms, we have sent over 500 personnel to different parts of the world for training. Thirty five pilots are currently undergoing ab-initio and basic training, 10 each of these pilots are undergoing training in South Africa and Britain while 15 will commence training in International flying School, Illorin.

“Four other pilots will soon depart for Egypt to train with Egyptian Air Force and to support our BDC of securing the bases, we have trained about 200 Regiment personnel in Nigeria and another batch of 30 are in China and 15 in Pakistani.

“OnTo man these platforms, we have sent over 500 personnel to different parts of the world for training. Thirty five pilots are currently undergoing ab-initio and basic training, 10 each of these pilots are undergoing training in South Africa and Britain while 15 will commence training in International flying School, Illorin.

“Four other pilots will soon depart for Egypt to train with Egyptian Air Force and to support our BDC of securing the bases, we have trained about 200 Regiment personnel in Nigeria and another batch of 30 are in China and 15 in Pakistani.

On the Unmanned Ariel Vehicle (UAV) operations training, 30 personnel will soon leave for training in the United Arab Emirate (UAE) and we have increased recruits training from 1000 recruits annually to 2500 recruits annually.”

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/no-group-can-undermine-nigeria-s-sovereignty-air-chief/153553.html#HyxOEpYHeHGl56JS.99 the Unmanned Ariel Vehicle (UAV) operations training, 30 personnel will soon leave for training in the United Arab Emirate (UAE) and we have increased recruits training from 1000 recruits annually to 2500 recruits annually.”

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/no-group-can-undermine-nigeria-s-sovereignty-air-chief/153553.html#HyxOEpYHeHGl56JS.99
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
Make I take stance de look like beans wey no gree don lipsrsealed

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
sudan air force SU-25

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Tunisian L-59T Albatros

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
Coming to the Nigerian Air Force, New orders of Yabhon Flash-20 MALE UAVs.

Overview

Yabhon Flash-20 is a Medium Altitude Long Endurance
(MALE) UAV, desinged and manufactured by ADCOM Systems
for strategic missions including:
• Near real time (NRT) combat assessment
• Battle damage assessment (BDA)
• Intelligence preparation of the battlefield
• Special operations, reconnaissance operations and
humanitarian aid
• Border surveillance and communications relay.
The ultra-long endurance of the Yabhon Flash-20 comes
from its glider-like, high aspect ratio wings. It can carry a
gimbaled camera platforms.

Specifications Version A:

Wingspan 12 m
Length 8.9 m
Height 2.6 m
Total wing area 18.5 m2
Empty weight 1100 kg
Max. take-off weight 1600 kg
Max Payload weight 300 kg
Max Fuel capacity (wing tanks) 700 liters
Minimum speed 62 kh
Cruising speed 65-110 kh
Maximum horizontal speed 130 kh
Limit speed VNE 155 kh
Initial vertical speed 1000 f/min
Operating ceiling 26,000 feet
Take-off run distance 450 m
Landing run distance 350 m
Maximum cross wind component 15 kh
Max operating endurance 40 h
Endurance with max payload 22 h
Operating range 260 km
Operating temperature range -45 + 60

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
rka1:

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/no-group-can-undermine-nigeria-s-sovereignty-air-chief/153553.html#HyxOEpYHeHGl56JS.99

My source was right after all. Additional surveillance assets are more than welcome. Although, my initial sentiment was we were going to go for the CH-4s instead.

Long endurance flights by the UAVs, target identification followed by bombings by JF-17s make sense to me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:

NAF-aerial surveillance

we hav d tech

we hav d brains

we hav d manpower

so y give it out.

@giles14 u r 100% right about developing indigenous technology, but it takes years to perfect them so what happens to the immediate need/national securities.

Lives and government infrastructures are at stake... cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:

NAF-aerial surveillance

we hav d tech

we hav d brains

we hav d manpower

so y give it out.

who cares about home made when your airforce don't even have the ones made by/in other countries.
It's a step at a time.let them acquire uavs or any weapon from benin/togo i don't care. as long as they serve the purpose for which they were bought and are protecting the nation,no quams.
The day our leaders know how to build a nation and protect the citizens,that is the day w'll see made in Nigeria nigerian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

My source was right after all. Additional surveillance assets are more than welcome. Although, my initial sentiment was we were going to go for the CH-4s instead.

Long endurance flights by the UAVs, target identification followed by bombings by JF-17s make sense to me.

It's all beginning to come together, hopefully. But as you know, with naija, who knows where the path will lead.

I am also a bit curious about the 4 pilots going to Egypt. Is it to train on a more advanced platform?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
pacretus:
who cares about home made when your airforce don't even have the ones made by/in other countries.
It's a step at a time.let them acquire uavs or any weapon from benin/togo i don't care. as long as they serve the purpose for which they were bought and are protecting the nation,no quams.
The day our leaders know how to build a nation and protect the citizens,that is the day w'll see made in Nigeria nigerian.

I do care deeply about home-made, however i do not believe we should sacrifice security just for home-made. My assessment is we require a minimum of 5 UAVs per region. Infact in regions such as the North-East and South-South a minimum of 10 MALE UAVs are required.

In defence manufacturing, the military is trying to invent the wheel, that's something the private sector would not do. I'm pretty optimistic that before the year runs out, we would all see good quality land based systems( APCs and FAVs) from the private sector.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

I do care about home-made, however i do not believe we should sacrifice security just for home-made. We require a minimum of 5 UAVs per region. Infact in regions such as the North-East and South-South minimum of 10 MALE UAVs are required.

In defence manufacturing, the military is trying to invent the wheel, that's something the private sector would not do. I'm pretty optimistic that before the year runs out, we would all see good quality land based systems( APCs and FAVs) from the private sector.
supported

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
rka1:

It's all beginning to come together, hopefully. But as you know, with naija, who knows where the path will lead.

I have faith in our CAS S.B Abubakar delivering. He walks the walks, from his current antecedents as the CAS it's obvious that he knows his onions unlike the non-entity and complete scalawag Alex Badeh, who could not even safe-guard his village and was more interested in the NAF floating an airline.

The only issue we would have with S.B Abubakar is if funds aren't released to him, i have a strong conviction to be hopeful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
rka1:

I am also a bit curious about the 4 pilots going to Egypt. Is it to train on a more advanced platform?

Egypt flies F-7s, if we actually want to train pilots on an advanced platform, only 4 pilots seems like a waste of money. I believe the 4 pilots going to Egypt are F-7 pilots.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
SAAF Gripen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

Egypt flies F-7s, if we actually want to train pilots on an advanced platform, only 4 pilots seems like a waste of money. I believe the 4 pilots going to Egypt are F-7 pilots.

You may well have a point, although one would have thought Pakistan would be a more logical choice with the current collaboration. Anyway, mek I no derail the thread. Good work.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

Nice pictures man.

So it snows in Algeria, i never knew that. I always picture the North of Africa as very hot with low rainfall and lots and lots of desert.
kenya is 70% semi-desert and there aee some parts in the 30% during the cold season where hailstorm doesnt melt and end up looking as if its snow

last pic is KAF flying over snow capped mount kenya

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

I do care deeply about home-made, however i do not believe we should sacrifice security just for home-made. My assessment is we require a minimum of 5 UAVs per region. Infact in regions such as the North-East and South-South a minimum of 10 MALE UAVs are required.
lol..oga everybody want make our country fit manufacture her own weapons.my post was just to calm the guy before starts telling everyone how bad naija is.
But again that we want to make our own weapons doesn't mean we shouldn't buy what others have.BTW how are we sure the airforce isn't working something out for gulma or amebo uav. Is only now we are starting to have a military.hopefully w'll get to that level we all so much want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58