Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5965864 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:
REVA FAV (Fast Attack Vehicle)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3918297_fav20desert_jpeg5c3c2d4f4a2c43d3c5e2385ddcebc85d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3918295_fav2022020behind_jpeg375a50b1a3be0cfb676c50c0b964f4a2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3918296_fav2042020side20l_jpeg869eee68185ba5393d854b9ff69f39c7

Having looked at the REVA FAV, i truly think it's a very decent vehicle providing Speed, low observerability, decent situational awareness, protection and Air Transportability that would suit today's modern day Commando.

I mean, if we look at the way the French operated in Mali, Special Forces Vehicles such as the Panhard SPV proved how efficient they(SPVs) are in quick deployment.

The Reva FAV is built on a Ford chassis, it provides good protection, and is air-transportable my only issue with it is, it doesn't have a gun(MG) mount for the commander.

It's a decent vehicle that should be marketered to Nigerian procurement teams. Just like the REVA III, REVA V and REVA Ambulance in Nigerian military service, the FAV could be a fantastic addition.

It looks the same size of BJ80J that I guess Innoson has the capability to produce.A commander side MG is not a big problem.Maybe already undergoing testings and make some modifications.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nigerian army officer undertaking platoon commander battle course in brecon, wales

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
Found this quote from an AFSF operative online and thought I should share

"What they think they can do, we do it best..... And what they believe they can't do, we do with ease..... Counting two years in North east.... No defeats.... All operations successful... God gives victories, skill saves your a5s, equipments gives you courage!."

Nigerian navy sbs

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
pacretus:
lol..oga everybody want make our country fit manufacture her own weapons.my post was just to calm the guy before starts telling everyone how bad naija is.
But again that we want to make our own weapons doesn't mean we shouldn't buy what others have.BTW how are we sure the airforce isn't working something out for gulma or amebo uav. Is only now we are starting to have a military.hopefully w'll get to that level we all so much want.

Yeah i know, i guess my response to you wasn't properly structured. That was my initial grouse with the guy, the sudden need to talk down on your country beats my imagination, that was why i responded to him quite swiftly.

Yeah.... Who knows, i just feel that projects undertaken by the military usually takes time to deliver, i mean look at NNS Andoni II. 4years on, and it still hasn't been commissioned.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
TrueHeart365:

"What they think they can do, we do it best..... And what they believe they can't do, we do with ease..... Counting two years in North east.... No defeats.... All operations successful... God gives victories, skill saves your a5s, equipments gives you courage!."

Nigerian navy sbs

Nice quote mate..... wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
chinese8107:

It looks the same size of BJ80J that I guess Innoson has the capability to produce.A commander side MG is not a big problem.Maybe already undergoing testings and make some modifications.

Wow, you damn Chinese, there seems to be an unending supply of military hardware from you guys.

Yes, Innoson motors produces a jeep that's quite similar to the BJ80J, which can be easily converted to a FAV.

From the Nigerian market, we have a somewhat similar vehicle already available for Low Intensity Combat Operations.

It's a modified and armoured Toyota hilux. Here it is, the vehicle also provides an armoured capsule which completely protects the gunner.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
TrueHeart365:

Nigerian navy sbs

All of us Nigerians who post photos online are doing a great job in celebrating the military, however the onus is on the military it self to properly document and share these inspiring stories . Sadly they are only doing 10%, which is very unfortunate.

Great quote.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

Wow, you damn Chinese, there seems to be an unending supply of military hardware from you guys.

Yes, Innoson motors produces a jeep that's quite similar to the BJ80J, which can be easily converted to a FAV.

From the Nigerian market, we have a somewhat similar vehicle already available for Low Intensity Combat Operations.

It's a modified and armoured Toyota hilux. Here it is, the vehicle also provides an armoured capsule which completely protects the gunner.
Toyota hilux is good civilian pick-up but not specially designed for militray use.

why I never see any pics of armoured toyota spotted in battle field picture with armoued capsule with complete protection ? but mostly no protection .If you add armour to Toyota don't use enough composite material , it could get over weighted and thus low mobility.And composite material armour is not cheap. Also the power of engine may not enough of a FAV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
chinese8107:

Toyota hilux is good civilian pick-up but not specially designed for militray use.

why I never see any pics of armoured toyota spotted in battle field picture with armoued capsule with complete protection ? but mostly no protection .If you add armour to Toyota don't use enough composite material , it could get over weighted and thus low mobility.And composite material armour is not cheap. Also the power of engine may not enough of a FAV.

I do agree, same as the Ford chassis. However, i can list literally hundreds of armoured vehicles built on the Ford chassis.

-The armour around the gunner is made from composite material, not steel. Suspension would go, to give way for the extra weight it's about to carry.

-Diesel engine and not petrol.

-Run-flat inserts.

So lots of changes have been carried to provide for it's added responsibility. Quick fact, the Sreit group Cougar and Cobra are built on Toyota chassis.

Same as IAG groups LMVs. In essence this is charted territory.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
giles14:
wots wrong with dis govt, were is amebo,gulma etc,even at the unveiling of the gulma d design said something of scaling up the UAV if need b.dis is really shameful.

Please get it straight. Amebo and Gulma are very good attempts and commendable tech. demonstrators but Nigeria has still some work to do before perfecting technologies and definitely not in the MALE class yet in terms of UAV tech.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henry240:

All of us Nigerians who post photos online are doing a great job in celebrating the military, however the onus is on the military it self to properly document and share these inspiring stories . Sadly they are only doing 10%, which is very unfortunate.

Great quote.
hopefully they will share
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Navy Commando

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:10am On Jul 04, 2016
Henry240:

I do agree, same as the Ford chassis. However, i can list literally hundreds of armoured vehicles built on the Ford chassis.

-The armour around the gunner is made from composite material, not steel. Suspension would go, to give way for the extra weight it's about to carry.

-Diesel engine and not petrol.

-Run-flat inserts.

So lots of changes have been carried to provide for it's added responsibility. Quick fact, the Sreit group Cougar and Cobra are built on Toyota chassis.

Same as IAG groups LMVs. In essence this is charted territory.

Gatling . M2 Browning ,german MG3 are prefered for a FAV as they have high rate of fire more possibilites to hit targets.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 9:58am On Jul 04, 2016
africaken254:
i was shocked to read an article about china armoured vehicles and realise that most of them are partially or completely russian copies.most of our abroad procurement are driven by kick backs and under the table deals.like the recent bought VN-4 APC by kenya police could have easily being made or assembled in kenya,what made me mad was our president had in the past visisted ethiopia where he saw them building an indigenous APC's and still went ahead and bought china made VN-4 APC ! with a growing population we need to increase our manufacturing ,also the threat of alshabaab is still growing.recently a police light skin land cruiser was hit with a RPG-7 killing 5 policemen,who were escourting a bus in madera.this deaths could have being prevented if the government and security agencies start a project to even upgrade indigenous armoured land cruisers .like the british did armouring land rovers during the northern Ireland troubles

Sudan made Safat 03 light aircraft trainer

ethopia's denfence industry was built under asistanse of the Soviet .

It's understandable all coutries want to boost local manufacturing industry by buying home-made militray equipment.But it doesn't mean local made can meet their requirments and pass tough test. Even USA.Russia.China buy foreign weapons sometimes.

I think Aviation Industry China( AVIC )is helping Kenya in aviation industry by setting up offices in Nairobi and taining mechanic... ect.
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Technical-students-enter-competition/-/1248928/2350672/-/9llpfr/-/index.html

No county will automaticlly transfer some technology to another country for no reason or completely free. If you simply see something then you can copy,you probably have the same techlology and no need to buy from others .Copying some weapons is not evil unforgiveable.It's a way to develop home-grown indusrty in case other coutries don't sale or put embargo .It is also called reverse engineering.

How Japan build their indutry before or after WWII ? It's by copying Western made goods but making them more affordable. It‘s usually not a simple copy but also make modifications or improvments.The same thing happening in China

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2016
South African Navy has issued a naval missile/torpedo firing warning for the 8th of July.
Guess what's about to happen. Pics by Doug Drysdale

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
paratrooper commandos training - Algerian army

start the video from 1mn 29 s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMt3kkSmOos?t=1m28s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
ssaengine:
South African Navy has issued a naval missile/torpedo firing warning for the 8th of July.
Guess what's about to happen. Pics by Doug Drysdale

Fireworks grin. BOOM!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
another TV report : inside the 3rd air defense squadron Mig29 - algerian air force

Mig 29

start video from 1m30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvTOFxjpQMI
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gasha91: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
The fact that the pilots faces are not blurred shows the air force does not face imminent risk. Russian hand gloves and g-suits except for one of the pilots in the MIG-29UB who was wearing a French style g-suit.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Namibian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
Namibian Marine in the new "Desert" Cammo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Namibian Air Force F-7s and K-8s

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
Namibian Navy Haixun Class OPV "The Elephant"

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
I can bet, this is the best security related photo anyone has seen through out this 2016.

President Buhari looking on as his Police CSO marches past.

This is going to be the best photo of 2016, by a mile, love it!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
Henry240:
I can bet, this is the best security related photo anyone has seen through out this 2016.

if only the officer didn't have a pot bellygrin.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Henry240:

you love it and so do I. but you are pushing it too far by rating it the best for 2016. the picture is deep with meaning but we also have 100s of pics that can challenge it.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
TrueHeart365:

if only the officer didn't have a pot bellygrin.

On the contrary, i like the fact he has that potbelly. It's unique, it's not large, just shows he's experienced and dependable.

The way Buhari is seated, the look on his face, the way the office looks, i mean, everything just gives.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
Former Namibian president with Police Air Wing Pilots

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 05, 2016
UPDF’s Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Edward Katumba Wamala, has said the country’s air force will be tasked in guarding the oil sector from any aggression.
According to Gen. Katumba, Uganda has learnt a lesson from some African oil producing countries that have had violence emanating from oil resources.
Uganda resolve to deploy its air force to guard the oil resources saying once oil starts oozing from the oil fields, it will attract many interests that are both good and bad to the country.
Gen. Wamala said for Uganda to harness oil resource without any uproar, there is need to maximize the security capacity and training of armed forces.
Gen Wamala was speaking at the pass out ceremony of 20 jet pilots and 50 technicians at Gulu Airbase last Friday.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2016
Nigeria Random

-Nigerian Air Force Honker

- 2 Nigerian Air Force Fennecs, one almost totally obscured

- Nigerian Air personnel

- Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 05, 2016
Nigerian AFSF Commando

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)