Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5978413 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2016
andrewza:

Your airforce is here and i have seen nigerians do our courses and i think we send officers to each other.

All ways seemed strage we did not do a exersize with your OPV when it was enroute to Nigeria or train with you when you when going to Aussie fleet review. Waisted optunties.

But in general we should look at getting a good coms sytem for the African stand By force. South Africa and Namibia both make great radio's and i am sure we could modfie Link ZA to make a Link AU with a ops center in each regional block.

In one of the reports i read from the US and SA war games the Op For guys where able to exploit the poor coms between the US and SA forces. In the end a US captain joined the SA side so that the two groups could work together. The coms was a biger issue than the diffrince in training, doctrine and gear.

It would be a clusterfuck trying to organize the random assortment of comms equipment

A better solution would be something like the French-German Brigade that exists.

A standing brigade of mixed nationality and standardized equipment - with nations rotating battalions in and out and a permanent C&C element

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2016
frumentius:

Let's lay out the facts first of all: you talking about this?
Yes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2016
frumentius:

Let's lay out the facts first of all: you talking about this?
Yes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2016
patches689:

It would be a clusterfuck trying to organize the random assortment of comms equipment

A better solution would be something like the French-German Brigade that exists.

A standing brigade of mixed nationality and standardized equipment - with nations rotating battalions in and out and a permanent C&C element

I was actualy think of something like this
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
pacretus:
me....me uncle me.i remember the super man dude.lol was one of the best pics then until the arrival of the AFSF.@rawswag
Lol d medal goes to this man ..,......
1st pic d airborne special forces symbol
2nd d rigger symbol
3rd no explanation needed

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nigerian navy NNS Sagbama, 42 meters IPV

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian navy NNS Sagbama, 42 meters IPV
wat a beautiful vessel
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
rawswag:
wat a beautiful vessel

It is a beautiful vessel, also adequately armed. It carries a 30 mm RWS main gun, and 3x 12.7mm secondary armament.

We need like 5 more new vessels in this class. The navy already operates Andoni, Karaduwa, Brass, Yola, Zaria, Burutu, Damisa, 5 units of Shaldag MK2, 3 units of 32 meters Manta class, in addition to Sagbama. So five(5) more vessels, a mix of missile vessels would give us a pretty 21 Inshore Patrol Vessels for Inshore and Mid-shore patrols .

While we invest in atleast 2 more OPVs. So, we would know for patrol vessels we are covered, while we try to build up proper battleships ( Corvettes & Frigates)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

It is a beautiful vessel, also adequately armed. It carries a 30 mm RWS main gun, and 3x 12.7mm secondary armament.

We need like 5 more new vessels in this class. The navy already operates Andoni, Karaduwa, Brass, Yola, Zaria, Burutu, Damisa, 5 units of Shaldag MK2, 3 units of 32 meters Manta class, in addition to Sagbama. So five(5) more vessels, a mix of missile vessels would give us a pretty 21 Inshore Patrol Vessels for Inshore and Mid-shore patrols vessels.

While we invest in atleast 2 more OPVs. So, we would know for patrol vessels we are covered, while we try to build up proper battleships ( Corvettes & Frigates)
I couldn't agree less we really need to start building our vessels but the problem is that they waste unnecessary amount of time and just imagine us building let's say three corvettes and frigates for the mean time the time to build it would b long I'd advise d navy to recruit more enginneers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2016
rawswag:
I couldn't agree less we really need to start building our vessels but the problem is that they waste unnecessary amount of time and just imagine us building let's say three corvettes and frigates for the mean time the time to build it would b long I'd advise d navy to recruit more enginneers

We don't have the expertise to build more complex sized ships such as Corvettes and Frigates. At the moment we can build vessels between 10 - 60 meters. Vessels in the class, can be built and armed with whatever armament we can afford.

Although, Damen group, the Dutch shipbuilder offers to build Sigma class Corvettes and Frigates in the countries of it's customers if they so desire. Indonesia has it's Sigma class corvettes built right there in Indonesia. If we can put in alittle bit more money into dockyrd modernisation, we could follow the Indonesia route.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

We don't have the expertise to build more complex sized ships such as Corvettes and Frigates. At the moment we can build vessels between 10 - 60 meters. Vessels in the class, can be built and armed with whatever armament we can afford.

Although, Damen group, the Dutch shipbuilder offers to build Sigma class Corvettes and Frigates in the countries of it's customers if they so desire. Indonesia has it's Sigma class corvettes built right there in Indonesia. If we can put in alittle bit more money into dockyrd modernisation, we could follow the Indonesia route.

I support contacting those kind of groups like the Damien group but our economy isn't smiling at all
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
[b]is it only me dat notices dis guys blood type on his vest ?™[b/]

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
rawswag:
I support contacting those kind of groups like the Damien group but our economy isn't smiling at all

Obviously not now, we cant afford Frigates and Corvettes now. We've always bought what we need, and not what we want. There's no requirement for a Frigate or Corvette.

Our requirements are,

- OPV

- Midshore/Inshore patrol vessels

- Hydrographic ship

- at-least 2 landing crafts

- Inshore patrol crafts

- Helicopters

- Logistics vessel

- Network centric/ Surveillance equipment.

You can see that all Navy Procurements have been along this line, OPV( Centenary, Unity, Okpabana, Thunder), IPV (Sagbama, Andoni, Karaduwa, Burutu, Dorina etc etc), Surveillance/ Network Centric (Falcon eye, RMAC), we budgeted for a Hydrographic ship in this years budget, Inshore patrol crafts ( 80 boats from Epenal, more from Al-marine).

Our budgets for the time being would follow this path.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
dats nice and I want the Government would allocate 38% budget to the military
Henry240:

Obviously not now, we cant afford Frigates and Corvettes now. We've always bought what we need, and not what we want. There's no requirement for a Frigate or Corvette.

Our requirements are,

- OPV

- Hydrographic ship

- Inshore patrol crafts

- Helicopters

- Logistics vessel

You can see that all Navy Procurements have been along this line, OPV( Centenary, Unity, Okpabana, Thunder), IPV (Sagbama, Andoni, Karaduwa, Burutu, Dorina etc etc), Surveillance/ Network Centric (Falcon eye, RMAC), we budgeted for a Hydrographic ship in this years budget, Inshore patrol crafts ( 80 boats from Epenal, more from Al-marine).

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
dats nice and I wish the Government would allocate 38% budget to the military for research and procurement when we are stable
Henry240:

Our requirements are,

- OPV

- Hydrographic ship

- Inshore patrol crafts

- Helicopters

- Logistics vessel

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:
the 1st vehicle hits a bump in the road while speeding and seems to me it lost its axle.
The 2nd vehicle was following too closely and at high speed rear so ends up ramming the 1st vehicle.

from the video it seems 2 tires on the right side of the 2nd vehicle got bust or may be jammed, however this should not have rendered it immobile .

people in the 1st vehicle surely got injured , with the driver surely being out of action.

later in the video the people in the 2nd vehicle seems active because the turret seems to have been rotated plus a open hatch is visible from which a person ran out to be killed later.

the 3rd vehicle humvee? though looks like HUMMER to me does not stop and speeds on to escape.

1. it might have been an planned ambush , but chances r slim
2. if it was an ambush than the first vehicle must have ran over some chained spikes , still with run flat tires it would have escaped , also no immobilizing ditch/trench is visible. this scenario does not explain how the axle broke .

the hauthis must have been there already , guarding the road and they jumped at the opportunity.

also what sort of combination is this a wheeled IFV , a hummer and a light vehicle ?

even with 90mm gun 50 cal machine gun plus personal weapons they should have put up a fight , most importantly they completely lost their situational awareness and failed to locate the enemy . they were inside the vehicle for too long. They were completely buttoned up.

if vehicles r disable first thing is u should dismount after taking stock of the situation from inside as quickly as possible. move to a defensible position and keep the enemy at bay while planning exit by any means possible.
it least they would have a fighting chance and not end up killed like rats.

combination of cowardice, zero situational awareness and poor training

also fancy , shiny equipment's don't win wars .
saudis never hold technical and user trials before selecting a weapon system. they just buy it and u see the result now
nice observation. I don't think the hummer was trying to escape, as you can see it only was trying to run out of the kill zone that saw two vehicles immobilized. it actually made a U-turn and came back to the immobilized vehicles before speeding off again, but I doubt they put up a fight. Nobody was shooting from the Humvee because they could have taken out some of the rebels that went to check out the dead soldier. Cowardice is all I personally could deduced from this video. The soldier that ran out of the IFV carries no personal weapon as well and had no armor on. The way the soldier dress show something about their laxity easy military lifestyle. Anyway, I think those in the Humvee survived the onslaught.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2016
Vikkie14:
nice observation. I don't think the hummer was trying to escape, as you can see it only was trying to run out of the kill zone that saw two vehicles immobilized. it actually made a U-turn and came back to the immobilized vehicles before speeding off again, but I doubt they put up a fight. Nobody was shooting from the Humvee because they could have taken out some of the rebels that went to check out the dead soldier. Cowardice is all I personally could deduced from this video. The soldier that ran out of the IFV carries no personal weapon as well and had no armor on. The way the soldier dress show something about their laxity easy military lifestyle. Anyway, I think those in the Humvee survived the onslaught.

thanks for the correction , the video i saw did not show the humvee returning thats why i goofed up. grin

just saying the Saudis should contact the Israelis for the heavy NAMER apc , this will surely save them from similar debacles most of the time.
on second thought i am not too sure about this also, given the piss poor training and zero motivation of the Saudi soldiers.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

thanks for the correction , the video i saw did not show the humvee returning thats why i goofed up. grin

just saying the Saudis should contact the Israelis for the heavy NAMER apc , this will surely save them from similar debacles most of the time.
on second thought i am not too sure about this also, given the piss poor training and zero motivation of the Saudi soldiers.
grin grin grin

No, you did not goof anywhere.

In 1.5 years of Saudi war in Yemen, the Coalition has lost over 330 known armour. The Saudis alone have lost 150 known. The figure for unknown could be much, much higher. Why do you think the Emaratis are now sitting pretty at home?

The Namer's invincibility would go up in flames in Yemen if they are given to Saudi. Even Alien tech would be lost by the Saudis in Yemen. In a single ambush, Saudis lost 6 Tanks.

How is this level of incompetence even this possible?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

The Namer's invincibility would go up in flames in Yemen if they are given to Saudi. Even Alien tech would be lost by the Saudis in Yemen. In a single ambush, Saudis lost 6 Tanks.

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
frumentius:

Don't go there Mike. Did you see the latest over at DefenceWeb?
Asked my one boss (who's fought in the Ratel-90 in Angola, involved in the "bush break" etc trials of the Badger, and now a very senior Reserve officer concerned with Planning and Doctrine), and he was very dismissive. In fact, he would take the 30mm cam over the 90 any day.

To the more important subject: Rooikat never replaced the Eland, except on paper. The proper replacement for the Noddy would've been the MC-90. Lots more to say but alas, not the discussion thread.
Yes, I did.

The 30mm due to it's high velocity on paper can out perform the 90mm. Penetration.

Our industry seems more focused on upgrading the Rooikat instead of looking into replacement.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nigerian Air Force Regiment soldier with his Honker

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

grin grin grin
you didn't goofed anywhere,you only react to the first video link.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
SAAF
The ORYX on a U.S carrier really took me by surprise

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
Namibian Marines

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2016
Throw back saturday........ I guess? undecidedundecided

Frontal view of Nigerian navy's newest addition, NNS Karaduwa when it was still being built.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ghana navy Patrol vessels

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
Currently watching Nigeria Army Rules of Engagement On NTA. I think NA has turned our detention centre to a FIVE STAR HOTEL for BHT mofos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
SAAF Gripen

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
Senegal

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 27, 2016
UPDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
Amisom

Nigeria Police

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.