Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5949046 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:57am On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=giles14 post=28309640][/quote]
if its was 9 initially,
1 down due to crash,
and 6 in full service now,
what is 3-4 unit in faded camouflage colours doing at the airforce wing of MMIA,
your calculation must be wrong.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
ehemwhy:

Oga Henry can one of these be retrofitted into Bombers ?

At this point we need more transport planes, but the Colombians have a gunship similar in operations as the AC-130. We could do something like that with the DO-228.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
# CONFIRMED

N.A BMP-2 is on scene.

I'm waiting to get a "clear photo evidence".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
Henry120:
# CONFIRMED

N.A BMP-2 is on scene.

ok pls any show frm Oga Sirius
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
giles14:
ok pls any show frm Oga Sirius

Not yet. He's waiting to get a full view. As soon as I get the image, i'll post it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
Henry120:

Not yet. He's waiting to get a full view. As soon as I get the image, i'll post it.

I can't wait to lay my eyes on dat beast !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Henry120:
# CONFIRMED

N.A BMP-2 is on scene.

100% correct
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 26, 2014
bidexiii:

In my opinion, we could have gone for additional BTR-3U's when we had the chance. The BMP-2 is still an important force multiplier for our troops though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 26, 2014
NAF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 3:43am On Nov 26, 2014
Henry120:

In my opinion, we could have gone for additional BTR-3U's when we had the chance. The BMP-2 is still an important force multiplier for our troops though.

Chief, The BTR-3U Nigeria has now, are not able to engage Boko Haram 23mm cannon Toyotas, they will tear our BTR-3U into pieces.

BMP-2 IFV has 3km max range 30mm cannon, Nigeria will now have firepower equal to Boko Haram's 23mm and 14.5mm guns.

Balance of power will change if Nigerian army buys 200 units of cheap BMP-2 IFVs cheap second hand from Russia that has thousands in storage reserves. Price for upgraded/modernized second hand should be around $1.5 million per unit.

BTR-3U has tyres/wheels and will get stuck like Cobra in the muddy areas close to Sambisa forest, BMP-2 will use tracks to navigate the heavy muddy terrain.

Worse for Boko Haram is if Nigerian BMP-2 all come upgraded with night vision equipment and anti-tank missiles, they will change the balance of power in this war, even if NAF is not working. T-84 Oplot-M or T-90SM main battle tanks will be the expensive high tech weapons to wipe out Boko Haram from Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:16am On Nov 26, 2014
agaugust:

Chief, The BTR-3U Nigeria has now, are not able to engage Boko Haram 23mm cannon Toyotas, they will tear our BTR-3U into pieces.

BMP-2 IFV has 3km max range 30mm cannon, Nigeria will now have firepower equal to Boko Haram's 23mm and 14.5mm guns.

Balance of power will change if Nigerian army buys 200 units of cheap BMP-2 IFVs cheap second hand from Russia that has thousands in storage reserves. Price for upgraded/modernized second hand should be around $1.5 million per unit.

BTR-3U has tyres/wheels and will get stuck like Cobra in the muddy areas close to Sambisa forest, BMP-2 will use tracks to navigate the heavy muddy terrain.

Worse for Boko Haram is if Nigerian BMP-2 all come upgraded with night vision equipment and anti-tank missiles, they will change the balance of power in this war, even if NAF is not working. T-84 Oplot-M or T-90SM main battle tanks will be the expensive high tech weapons to wipe out Boko Haram from Nigeria

The BTR3 beats the BMP in maintance, troop transport, speed. They match each other in armour and fire power. They use the same 30mm in both IFV. Since you all ready have BTR3s more would of been a better opstion. A mixed force is wors than a uniformed one.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:04am On Nov 26, 2014
Henry120:

yeap you are right cheaper to maintain and it carries more advanced than the bmp-2. But its better cos for me the earlier we buy these hardware, if delayed we might not hear anything again the money will be squandered,we've heard a lot of rumours concerning procurement and yet no evidence to show for it !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:18am On Nov 26, 2014
Henry120:

Secondly @ henry, please what as happened to the (47)BTR -3, NA but frm ukraine (30-Btr -3U,6-Btr-3UK,4-Btr-3Ur,7-BTr-3E/14.5) I don't think av seing any pictures of them ever, no no except one I saw on beeglesblog,where some SF with NVG posed in front of, but I'll be glad if u av some and u can post some operational ones on the north-east front !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2014
bidexiii:

Secondly @ henry, please what as happened to the (47)BTR -3, NA but frm ukraine (30-Btr -3U,6-Btr-3UK,4-Btr-3Ur,7-BTr-3E/14.5) I don't think av seing any pictures of them ever, no no except one I saw on beeglesblog,where some SF with NVG posed in front of, but I'll be glad if u av some and u can post some operational ones on the north-east front !

All N.A BTR's, including the BTR-3U's are in action. You've seen them in black's, COIN thread. You probably don't remember.

I don't have any at this time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 11:27am On Nov 26, 2014
Henry120:

All N.A BTR's, including the BTR-3U's are in action. You've seen them in black's, COIN thread. You probably don't remember.

I don't have any at this time.
Sorry to poke pls..any news on the BMPs? Have they been confirmed? also, will BMP-2s be effective against highly mobile 23mm BH technicals?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
celeron40:
Sorry to poke pls..any news on the BMPs? Have they been confirmed? also, will BMP-2s be effective against highly mobile 23mm BH technicals?

Yes, they have been Confirmed. I'm only waiting for a clear Photo evidence. They have a 30mm cannon, enough fire power to tear apart BH technicals.

#also confirmed by @deathmachine, who's a soldier.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
bidexiii:

N.A BTR-3U

https://www.nairaland.com/1801690/photos-nigerian-armys-campaign-north/34
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
celeron40:

A 23mm round will rip through a BMP2. But a BMP2 can accuritly hit a techincal from 4KMs away. Personaly I don't like the BMP2. They to small and cramped inside and not built for people my hight (1.8ms tall). Of course if you want a tracked IFV for cheap there are only so many opstions. You all so got to pray no one hits you with a RPG. Because the RPG is so small the chance of hitting the fuel or ammo is high and they not stored in armoured lockers. Basicaly a RPG or even a 23mm round could cause the BMP2 to either explod or burn. Either way bad for those inside.

But if Nigeria uses them right and gives them proper infantry support the BMP2 will be deadly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
AAD 2014

SAAF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
Henry120:

N.A BTR-3U

Hmmmmnnn....? I can't say its not a btr but it dosen't looks much like a infantry fighting vechicle because its a kind of pully on the top-head,makes it looks more of an engineering corp's vechicle .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Henry120:

N.A BTR-3U

Hmmmmnnn....? I can't say its not a btr but it dosen't looks much like a infantry fighting vechicle because its a kind of pully on the top-head,makes it looks more of an engineering corp's vechicle,used in draging/pulling damaged military vechicles/armored cars.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 27, 2014
Nigeria

Random

Nigerian navy OPV F-91 is a really big, beautiful boat.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2014
AAD 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2014
Henry120:

Yes, they have been Confirmed. I'm only waiting for a clear Photo evidence. They have a 30mm cannon, enough fire power to tear apart BH technicals.

#also confirmed by @deathmachine, who's a soldier.
Nice to know...30mm supressive fire and ATGM capability in one package with a beautiful ribbon(capacity to carry 7fully armed troops) on the box!..But surplus stocks mean trouble; basic level armour and no upgrades..just shipped from warehouses...If its Ukranian, its crap..If its Russisan, it been upgraded at least once...The question now is, how well will it be utilized? The most significant advantage over BH technicals is Night fighting capability..Night attcks with BMP-2s leading will rout entire BH convoys from 3km away..As for our BTR-3us, one word, clumsy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2014
NAF and SAAF A109 LUH

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2014
NAF random pictures!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2014
bidexiii:
NAF random pictures!
Buying these VIP helicopters at this time is just wrong really wrong.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:43am On Nov 27, 2014
Random NA pictures !

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
andrewza:
NAF and SAAF A109 LUH

The Augusta LUH has to be the world's most useless helicopter. To think this helicopter sold many units is all the more shocking.

Generally, LUH's have lost their relevance in the military. They are an utter waste of resources.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
The picture below the alpha jet is one of the many units of Mi 34 Hermit that were sold off to a private SA company after they couldn't fix a fault with their gear systems. Didn't see a lot of service hours before sold off.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
BlackBaron:
The picture below the alpha jet is one of the many units of Mi 34 Hermit that were sold off to a private SA company after they couldn't fix a fault with their gear systems. Didn't see a lot of service hours before sold off.

Sold to a private company in New-Zealand, not SA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)