Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971397 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:28am On Sep 26, 2016
Adminisher:

There are still unknown things about what the US calls stealth . I think it a careful mix of many technologies working simultaneously and controlled by computers. It is not just passive coating and masking of IR emissions alone. It is a soup with many ingredients
There's nothing special about US stealth except their method/technology applied. The technology behind their materials is just what is unknown. The principles are known but American technology behind the principles are classified.
Just like you said it's a mix of technology. It's Physics lol.
We all know Usain bolt and others run with legs but the secret behind bolt success is what we do not know.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:40am On Sep 26, 2016
tdayof:
I'll go got the F35 instead just that it won't be sold to an African country.
Gripen is overrated. It's sure a good aircraft but the price tag is too high.

You say it's over-rated...

Yet air forces keep buying it.

Why would poor countries keep paying soo much for an over-rated platform?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:07am On Sep 26, 2016
patches689:

You say it's over-rated...

Yet air forces keep buying it.

Why would poor countries keep paying soo much for an over-rated platform?
Because they have got no choice.
[img]http://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0e677c21fc60e1a6bec3b06c0b3241d5?convert_to_webp=true[/img]

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:07am On Sep 26, 2016
tdayof:
The F35 has issues but still remain capable. The F22 is my favorite and I still consider it the best. If Nigeria operates the F35, we will consider the problem as minor but for the American they need something perfect.

currenty the f35 cant use a helmet mount site, cant recive data from other sensors, run more than one of it's sensor at a time and can carry only 2 bombs and 2 missiles
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2016
tdayof:
[img]http://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0e677c21fc60e1a6bec3b06c0b3241d5?convert_to_webp=true[/img]

they got lots of choices. The gripen overs things the J10 can only dream of like a very effect EW suit, support programme a very cheap to maintain and fly aircraft. That where the real cost is by the way. in cost per flight noy unit cost
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 26, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:11am On Sep 26, 2016
Henry240:

No chief. All sources i've seen quote the Gripen at 65million a unit doesn't include spares/accessories. The Gripen C/D costs more than the MIG-35, a fighter that comes with AESA, advanced Data-link, more powerful engines, lot more hard-points. I feel for a light fighter, the Gripen should be at most $30 million a unit.

The Namibians haven't signed a contract for the J-10 yet, so we cannot say for sure.

Henry240, all the information you have about the Gripen is publicly available information. Classified systems that you and I know are not aware of are also part of the bill. Henry240, just because you have certain Googled info about a product then you think you're the expect.

Your views and feelings about the Gripen won't change the prices. If your military can't afford a $65 million machine then don't go bitching about it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:41am On Sep 26, 2016
patches689:

Brazil's deal is expensive because it is for the latest Gripen which is a whole generation ahead.

It also includes funds for the development of the "sea-gripen" for their carrier.

The fact that people are willing to pay so much for the Gripen shows that it is not over-rated.
and wots ur excuse for d Botswanan price.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Henry240, all the information you have about the Gripen is publicly available information. Classified systems that you and I know are not aware of are also part of the bill. Henry240, just because you have certain Googled info about a product then you think you're the expect.

Your views and feelings about the Gripen won't change the prices. If your military can't afford a $65 million machine then don't go bitching about it.

Ok, cool. Now post on topic or go to the available discussion thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 26, 2016
giles14:
and wots ur excuse for d Botswanan price.

Ask this question in the equipment technical discussion thread. The link has been provided.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:32am On Sep 26, 2016
Henry240:

Ask this question in the equipment technical discussion thread. The link has been provided.
copy that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 26, 2016
tdayof:
Please don't post junk from other threads here...the fact that you said the Gripen can't fly inverted means that you shouldn't even be discussing this topic.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2016
kenyan soldier

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2016
Jordan president king abdulla II in the country to (among other things around military and bilateral,economic coperation) witness a joint military excersize wich I posted a few days ago, between KDF and JArmedForces

jordan president recieved by kenyan president... I've never seen presidents meet in uniform b4

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2016
3 Japan Naval Ships docked at Mombasa Port this morning

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:46am On Sep 26, 2016
denisfidha:
Jordan president king abdulla II in the country to (among other things around military and bilateral,economic coperation) witness a joint military excersize wich I posted a few days ago, between KDF and JArmedForces

jordan president recieved by kenyan president... I've never seen presidents meet in uniform b4

Samora Machel liked wearing military uniform even when at head-of-states meetings. So if Samora Machel and Idi Amin once met (probably discussing how to attack Pretoria) they'd be both wearing them and of course Idi would be more decorated grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2016
SANDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2016
tdayof:

You mean Russia told Brazil, Thailand, Hungary and Botswana they would not sell to them?

Also, don't post that nonsense from the Swiss air trails.Who compares a single engine swing-role against dual engine air superiority fighters?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Samora Machel liked wearing military uniform even when at head-of-states meetings. So if Samora Machel and Idi Amin once met (probably discussing how to attack Pretoria) they'd be both wearing them and of course Idi would be more decorated grin
Thats not the same thing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2016
Henry240:

Gotcha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2016
denisfidha:
3 Japan Naval Ships docked at Mombasa Port this morning
is this a sign that japan is also challenging china growing influence in the Indian ocean !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
patches689:

You mean Russia told Brazil, Thailand, Hungary and Botswana they would not sell to them?

Also, don't post that nonsense from the Swiss air trails.Who compares a single engine swing-role against dual engine air superiority fighters?
and your point is?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
jln115:

Please don't post junk from other threads here...the fact that you said the Gripen can't fly inverted means that you shouldn't even be discussing this topic.
The fact that you can't differentiate between an inverted negative G and a double barrel video caption means you shouldn't be here too. Show me a Video of a Gripen doing an Inverted negative G and not a picture taken during a double barrel roll which an Alpha Jet will also do.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
Just to crorrect some misconceptions here:

1) All Project Biro vessels will be built in South Africa;

2) Foreign companies wishing to participate must team up with a local company;

3) Denel tying up with the Chinese does not automatically mean they'll get the contract - Denel has lost out on major SANDF contracts before;

Personally I think Denel has made a mistake, judging by the private comments about Chinese products made by senior SANDF officers at ADD when this was announced.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
africaken254:
is this a sign that japan is also challenging china growing influence in the Indian ocean !
the Airforce base in Djibouti was first phase, but they also need to match it with economic/development along indian ocean countries if they want a sustainable foothold with african countries
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
denisfidha:
the Airforce base in Djibouti was first phase, but they also need to match it with economic/development along indian ocean countries if they want a sustainable foothold with african countries
i believe the recent TICAD summit first time to be held in africa and japan $ 30 billion pledge for infrastructural development in Africa.clearly shows japan is serious

Sudan army technical land cruiser pick up

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
denisfidha:

clearer pictures from president media unit

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
denisfidha:
clearer pictures from president media unit

The Pictures are quite beautiful and both leaders look fit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
denisfidha:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
tdayof:
The fact that you can't differentiate between an inverted negative G and a double barrel video caption means you shouldn't be here too. Show me a Video of a Gripen doing an Inverted negative G and not a picture taken during a double barrel roll which an Alpha Jet will also do.
Skip to 3:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4tRMvDGi1Y

SAAF Gripen Inverted Flypast 1:24-1:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thUaVt5hcA8

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
@tdayof

As I said before even third gen aircraft can fly inverted, which includes the F7....inverted flight is nothing special and all 3gen(and up)fighter aircraft can preform it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXX00x41qg

Mig21
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
Ok, maybe I should have waited till the end of the day to post the highlights instead of posting as I get them

1st pic. Are those cowboy boots? or is there a military version cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: jteku(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.