Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966495 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:03am On Nov 10, 2016
Vikkie14:
Two type security vehicles built by two guys from Ekiti, Nigeria..

Vehicles name unknown. Protection levels unknown. Specification unknown as well.
Pix 1, 2 and 3: 1st variant
Pix 4: 2nd variant

Not bad for a start. Am sure with time competition will make them do better.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2016
iblawi:

Not bad for a start. Am sure with time competition will make them do better.

No offence, but it's a bad start. However, those guys aren't new, i've known them since President Yara'Adua's time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 10, 2016
Screen-shots of Nigerian navy's NNS Karaduwa and Tug Ugwu.

Karaduwa looks good and large, hopefully the vessel would participate in the year's "Treasure Guard Exercise" .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2016
Henry240:

No offence, but it's a bad start. However, those guys aren't new, i've known them since President Yara'Adua's time.
really bad start.Nigerian banks can't buy this,talk less of the military
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 8:08am On Nov 10, 2016
Vikkie14:

Vehicles name unknown. Protection levels unknown. Specification unknown as well.
IF looks could kill
This is by far the most ugliest piece of shyt to grace this thread.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:18am On Nov 10, 2016
Vikkie14:

For the sake of time spent on this, I hope it performs better than it looks, and I also hope they are not nursing the thought of going commercial with this fugly design.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 10, 2016
jteku:
And more more

Pic 4: was the only tragedy and lost of life witnessed

i suspect foul play grin

looks like the bodies were positioned deliberately after they had been killed else where grin

its plain deliberate cold blooded murder of an entire family grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2016
giles14:
really bad start.Nigerian banks can't buy this,talk less of the military

It's quite terrible. It's impossible for any bank to look their way. The vehicles looks like it came straight of the garage of the 'Adams family '.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2016
sczeska:

IF looks could kill

I agree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 10, 2016
NNS Karaduwa as shared by the navy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2016
sczeska:

IF looks could kill
The problem i personally have with those vehicles is the Design and the wheel...too civilian. Looking like a vehicle meant for museum.
Can't say about its protection/security level, might not be compromised though.
Vintage vehicles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2016
Beautiful navy video from TV360, with Navy SBS fast-roping from a Navy Helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHE9vcWQsPA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2016
Another video, this time from CCTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NimkVPKVwAM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:31am On Nov 10, 2016
Henry240:

It's quite terrible. It's impossible for any bank to look their way. The vehicles looks like it came straight of the garage of the 'Adams family '.
dey need to go back and return with a more tangible design
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
alittlebit old photos, Kahawa Baracks inhouse Garage

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
Henry240:
Beautiful navy video from TV360, with Navy SBS fast-roping from a Navy Helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHE9vcWQsPA
good to see them together.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
jteku:
EXERCISE THUNDER BOLT

WARNING: Some animals were harmed during the making of this commercial!
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
Ah, training never stops grin.

Pics: Doug Drysdale, courtesy of www.saairforce.co.za/forum/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
Fidha254:
alittlebit old photos, Kahawa Baracks inhouse Garage

Kenyan mechanics perform such sensitive work their identities cannot be revealed. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2016
Nigerian naval personnel prepare to head out on training.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
I spotted these today, two examples, both in black . Really cool LAPVs! grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
frumentius:

Kenyan mechanics perform such sensitive work their identities cannot be revealed. grin grin grin

Nah, from where I got them and how I got them, I wasn't sure if express permission was obtained... I can afford to be accused of a few copyright violations but revealing faces/identities of soldiers inside a barracks(where there are warning signs not to take photographs) without permission...that sounds more serious

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
Henry240:
I spotted these today, two examples, both in black . Really cool LAPVs! grin cheesy cheesy
They are all over Abuja CBD. I'm guessing you saw the black ones in PH ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
frumentius:

WARNING: Some animals were harmed during the making of this commercial!
grin grin grin

It was sad, using a military jeep for family Transport.... May there soul rest in peace.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

They are all over Abuja CBD. I'm guessing you saw the black ones in PH ?

Actually in Uyo, i spotted them when i visited there. They look very nice. What colour do they use in Abj and which agency uses them?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Henry240:

Actually in Uyo, i spotted them when i visited there. They look very nice. What colour do they use in Abj and which agency uses them?

The units I see in Abuja are all dark blue and are operated by the police.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

The units I see in Abuja are all dark blue and are operated by the police.

Nice.

I wish they would also consider using the Ford F-150 chassis for their APCs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
Sudan acquires 6 units of FTC-2000, with Nigeria also considering the FTC-2000 as a lead-in fighter trainer.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:46am On Nov 11, 2016
https://twitter.com/DefenceInfoNG/status/796769835699027969
Ukraine has had a dubious past dealing with Nigeria, however this is the first time their No.1 Citizen in Nigeria ( The Ambassador) would submit a Business plan of what exactly they want to do though the details are unknown at this point, however the Ambassador stressed that the business plan could include Technology transfer.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:32am On Nov 11, 2016
Henry240:

Not heard much about Ingirigi APC any longer, did they halt production

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Floky215

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.