Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5968729 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
africaken254:
the design of the body work,painting e.t.c is what makes it unique,if we could harness and fund those talented individual.one day we could have own brand made in kenya
Speaking of design and owning a brand... Watch this guy's unique wheelchair prototype that auto-balances - I have looked online for all-terrain wheelchairs that can climb stairs, this guy use of tri-wheels that interchange is a unique take (Ok i saw one that uses tri-wheel but on the rear side, and its a completely different design)......... Even beyond helping people with disability, I can see plenty of military applications, especially on robots that handle explosives or hazardous chemical materials.... I likes it... Even the Mars Rover would turn its head grin grin

The volume is low, you have to turn it up to he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGr6RIiDIf4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
There are bold soldiers, and there are old soldiers. But there are no old bold soldiers.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
Rooty tooty point n shootie

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
Rifle grenades, because nothing says "fvck you" like shooting a hand-grenade at someone.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
Everybody loves a parade....

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
Helping out with the last congolese election

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
fin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
NafeesaAA:
Can anyone tell me where exactly are Nigeria 6 Gazelle Helicopters. They seem to just vanish into the air. All NAF aerial bombing in the NE and SS are undertaken by NAF MI-35 and to some extent Augusta helicopter
Henry240:

Only an Airman or a personnel based in Yola can actually confirm the status of the Gazelles. I don't want to speculate.

In my opinion, the Gazelle isn't the type of helicopter the military needs.

The gazelles are gone for now, just like this Huey that operated with the 72 mobile strike force. Maybe they never belonged to NAF, CAS never speaks of those assets either.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
Some interesting things to come out of the border war:

1. Spinnekop (Spider) mine-clearance vehicle

4. FT-5 AT weapon, indigenous design derived from the French LRAC F1
5. Tactical Nuclear missile (RSA-5, copy of Isrealy Jericho missile)

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
UN RELATED
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/india-import-11m-mt-crude-oil-nigeria-2017/
India is going to be very important to Nigeria' s security Finance wise.
Mr HENRY t hank you for the pictures.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
The KenyaNavy Trooping The Colour at Nyayo National Stadium during Chief of the Defence Forces' rehearsal for Jamhuri Day 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
uganda air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
X
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
Deway75:
Any point in posting these pictures?

Can you ask your question again. ??.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
sudan air force SU-24

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
Proforce defence LAV deployed in Rivers state, Nigeria.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
patches689:

R.igid-hulled
I.nflatable
B.oat

R.I.B

Learn your naval nomenclature and perhaps people will start to take you seriously.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
patches689:

R.igid-hulled
I.nflatable
B.oat

R.I.B

Learn your naval nomenclature and perhaps people will start to take you seriously.

Hear,hear! Its disconcerting calling Harbour security vessels patrol boats! Or referring to RHIB carriers as fast attack craft.
An OPV means offshore patrol vessel. Usually its bigger than the IPV to enable it patrol further out to sea from 80-105 m and retain handling in heavier seas.
Its a cheaper option for third world countries to buy corvette size hulls at lower prices since often OPVs are built to civilian not navy standard. eg Saryu,Spanish BAM etc etc.
In future can we at least try to follow nomenclature?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nok234:

OFF TOPIC :

you are mistaken Nigeria, first which country of the Arab league are you talking about ? First Marocco ... Nigeria recogniz Western Sahara this is not love a tell you ... second if you are talking about Pakistan so you have 0 in geography and geopolitics Pakistan is not in the Arab league, its not even an Arab country ... third anti-colonial role in Africa, Nigeria was already standing when Kenya was still in the coma ... and more thank God that Nigeria is investing in your country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5XJz71-55o

We all need investment. Frankly Naij biz here isn't that much compared to others. Dangote took one look at our cement industry and went to Ethiopia and TZ. Why should we be thanking God for it?
Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
nemesis2u:

i dont know what ur trying to say here
but let me clarify the big picture which u clearly have no idea about

NAF operates Chinese aircraft's and other western aircraft's which India does not operate and therefor cannot support , similarly cant even supply the ammo for it .

same goes for NA and NAF equipment's

and Nigerian govt (especially civilian ones) never approached India for weapons .

and not say anything about the lackluster fuccking indian defense export , u guys must have exported more weapons than Indians themselves.

what India could help and did help was with training and dissemination of CT tactics (before BH happened it was conventional warfare training). also do u know the shear number of army navy airforce soldiers sailors pilots who were trained . try asking around and u will be surprised

india made many offers of weapons from trainer aircrafts (HP 34 Hindustan Aeronautic Trainer) to other weapons in the 80s , nigeria refused to buy .

do u know India devised and conducted two specialized counter-insurgency programs on Nigeria's request during the height of boko haram insurgency which i know of.
also do u know CT specialized Indian military trainers were especially sent to nigeria for in-situ training so that more soldiers could be taught at same time.

India for past years has been continuously providing training both in Nigeria and in Indian training centers, point is nobody in the public knows the extent of it . India keeps quite because it fears backlash on its citizens in Africa from terror groups. also if u help ur friends do u shout it out loud ? yes if u have exterior motives

also do u know the level of cooperation in intelligence sharing and training . no country will share its intelligence gathering tools , methodology , analytical software , profiling software etc , do u know what price we had to pay to get it from the Israelis.

all these still continues

i am not even mentioning the economical aspect , oil and everything

lastly India was not doing any favors . there is no such thing as favors among nations it is simply mutual interest and mutual understanding

also what u dont understand is no country is replaceable in international politics , every country has its own role.

i replied because i wanted to open ur eyes.
as far as nigerian government is concerned they fortunately have no views like yours because they know the truth .

there r so many things that we dont know so it is best not to make sweeping and assumptive statements

also dont connect this rely of mine with pak**** because it is not my concern in any way.

As always,the detailed info we've come to expect from you. Most here are unaware of secret Naij Kenya cooperation. In 012 after Kismayu fell their brass visited the KDF for COIN ideas and actual spec ops boys help for the Mali mission.
They accordingly did a two week survey on site and said HELL NO!! There were too many local and int'l players making a complete mess of an already complex situation. Much happens behind the scenes we never even imagine.
c
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nigeria COIN/CTCOIN

RM-70

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 09, 2016
patches689:
Before and After

Pic 1: SADF 1973
Pic 2: SANDF 1983

Fvck helmets!! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:28am On Dec 09, 2016
patches689:
Before and After

First picture: Parabats prepping to counter the coming armoured Cuban unit during the battle of Cassinga.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 6:54am On Dec 09, 2016
Henry240:

This doesn't make any sense, no offence.
i get the point . Its 4th gen . Coded with c++ and has a much better combat radius than the j 10. Pardon my ignorance
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:54am On Dec 09, 2016
kikuyu1:

Hear,hear! Its disconcerting calling Harbour security vessels patrol boats! Or referring to RHIB carriers as fast attack craft.
An OPV means offshore patrol vessel. Usually its bigger than the IPV to enable it patrol further out to sea from 80-105 m and retain handling in heavier seas.
Its a cheaper option for third world countries to buy corvette size hulls at lower prices since often OPVs are built to civilian not navy standard. eg Saryu,Spanish BAM etc etc.
In future can we at least try to follow nomenclature?

Tell me about it.

The names certain people around here give certain vessels always causes me to raise an eyebrow

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:57am On Dec 09, 2016
MikeCZA:
First picture: Parabats prepping to counter the coming armoured Cuban unit during the battle of Cassinga.

Correction: Parabats prepping to ass-fvck the coming Cuban armoured unit.

They knocked out 5 armoured vehicles and killed over 100 men with two land mines and an obsolete recoilless rifle... And as I recall it was only a platoon who ambushed the entire Cuban company
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:02am On Dec 09, 2016
Cannonleo:
i get the point . Its 4th gen . Coded with c++ and has a much better combat radius than the j 10. Pardon my ignorance

Baseline is 3rd gen, latest itinerant is 3.5

Even the Pakistanis on defence.pk don't dispute this
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2016
DaV8King:

Commander has to keep up with Africa Magic and NTA 9 0 clock news na grin grin grin
not forgetting the premiership and bbc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 7:21am On Dec 09, 2016
Henry240:
In other COIN/CT-COIN news grin grin

Nigerian troops have taken delivery of a fresh new LMG. Shorter, lighter, with a fore-grip and chambered in the usual 7.62mm

-Beryl assault rifle
beautiful but i still ask when this will trickle down to general infantry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2016
Cannonleo:

Basically this and more.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rayray74: 7:30am On Dec 09, 2016
patches689:
Before and After

Pic 2: Still SADF. SANDF only formed in 1994.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 09, 2016
Cannonleo:
beautiful but i still ask when this will trickle down to general infantry

Those are regular Infantry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.