Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5975213 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 1:07am On Dec 22, 2016
DaV8King:
NTA reporters need to go and learn proper defence coverage from their colleagues at TVC, as evidenced by Oga Fynline's post. angry angry undecided

Not singing kumbaya here, because even TVC can improve more but dem try abeg! cool grin

ok I was not the only one, this is what a military news look like !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:03am On Dec 22, 2016

(Mubi)L-R: A MOWAG Grizzly APC,a Vickers Mk.3 Eagle tank & a MT-LB multipurpose armored vehicle of the Nigerian Army
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 22, 2016
AMISOM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2016
Kenya, Pakistan joint training exercise

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Henry240:

Ma mehn!!!

These are my type of vehicles. You seem to know so much about us, i don't think you can handle our food though, they aren't exactly noodles!! gringringrin

The Polaris vehicles at $150k are quite expensive, but it's polaris. The world's top ATV maker.

It's beautiful too. Nice vehicle.

Took a while to persuade you to dispense with that lack of protection argument and appreciate these vehicles for their role in SF. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2016
frumentius:

Took a while to persuade you to dispense with that lack of protection argument and appreciate these vehicles for their role in SF. cheesy
I saw a pic of the gecko in CAR
was any units sold there?
well this lads where conducting a patrol or lemme say a checkpoint patrol in one (couldn't help but pity them when I thought of skin perforation)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2016
Updates on Operation Rescue By- Gen. Irabor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN8HYOLDgmk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2016
frumentius:

Speed and firepower compliments the lack of protection as long as you don't employ it in a direct fire support role. If Armies, when i say armies, i mean African armies use them in the suppose Recon and Unconventional role.

For now, only South-Africa, Zambia and Namibia, possibly Egypt use them. The Nigerian Air Force also uses them, but for Base defence only, hopefully this would change in the future.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
The keel of Nigeria's 3rd Seaward defence boat III, I'm going with NNS Andoni III.

Length - 50 meters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
For littoral and EEZ protection, the Nigerian navy now has 5 OPVs, 33 IPVs/MPVs, 750+ Inshore patrol crafts. If we add the 3 combattante class vessels which are currently undergoing a face-lift, that number rises to 36, if then add SDB III we get a total of 37 vessels. 5 OPVs, 37 MPV/IPV and 750+ Onshore Patrol Crafts, 5 A109e helicopters, 2 AW-139 and 4 Bell helicopters, 11 in all.

The number of assets available is enough to patrol Nigeria's 5,000 creeks and Exclusive Economic Zone.

We need to refocus our efforts in rebuilding our combat fleet. We should add 4 Fast Attack Crafts, 3 Landing Crafts, 2 Corvettes, 2 Frigates, a Hydrographic Ship, 2 ASW/mine counter measure helicopters. Possibly retool navy AW-139s to ASW.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
Henry240:
The keel of Nigeria's 3rd Seaward defence boat III, I'm going with NNS Andoni III.

Length - 50 meters
BADDES !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
Henry240:
For littoral and EEZ protection, the Nigerian navy now has 5 OPVs, 33 IPVs/MPVs, 750+ Inshore patrol crafts. If we add the 3 combattante class vessels which are currently undergoing a face-lift, that number rises to 36, if then add SDB III we get a total of 37 vessels. 5 OPVs, 37 MPV/IPV and 750+ Onshore Patrol Crafts, 5 A109e helicopters, 2 AW-139 and 4 Bell helicopters, 11 in all.

The number of assets available is enough to patrol Nigeria's 5,000 creeks and Exclusive Economic Zone.

We need to refocus our efforts in rebuilding our combat fleet. We should add 4 Fast Attack Crafts, 3 Landing Crafts, 2 Corvettes, 2 Frigates, a Hydrographic Ship, 2 ASW/mine counter measure helicopters. Possibly retool navy AW-139s to ASW.

More Combat Ships, more water tanker ships will be needed and Replenishment oiler. and if a President buy one of my favourite ship Electronic surveillance ship he can add a Yatch for him lol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
off topic:ISIS claimed it has captured a Turkish Leopard 2A4 main battle tank during ongoing clashes with turkey army in Syria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Egyptian S-300VM Air Defense Systems during Manufacturing in russia,now in service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vPHkBB7vTM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
Henry240:

Speed and firepower compliments the lack of protection as long as you don't employ it in a direct fire support role. If Armies, when i say armies, i mean African armies use them in the suppose Recon and Unconventional role.

For now, only South-Africa, Zambia and Namibia, possibly Egypt use them. The Nigerian Air Force also uses them, but for Base defence only, hopefully this would change in the future.
Botswana etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
africaken254:
off topic:ISIS claimed it has captured a Turkish Leopard 2A4 main battle tank during ongoing clashes with turkey army in Syria
its no longer a claim they did capture a turkish Leopard 2A4 main battle tank ,i just saw the picture
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Henry240:
750+ Inshore patrol crafts

bruh
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
africaken254:
its no longer a claim they did capture a turkish Leopard 2A4 main battle tank ,i just saw the picture

Turks are re.tards.

We have known this for a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPksQgaPonU

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
patches689:

bruh

What are you "bruhing" for?

This year alone, the Nigerian navy has taken delivery of almost 150 armoured patrol crafts. Between 2006 - 2010, the Nigerian navy took delivery of more than 500 units.

How is 750+ a surprise to you?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
b
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
patches689:

Turks are re.tards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPksQgaPonU

That's what happen if u r not always on guard/vigilant on hostile region.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nok234:
I said ones I will say it againe no more Imam or Priest in Nigeria without the gouverment approval ! countries like France Marocco and other even Saudi have an agency who monitor this !

Government also needs to invest in the North. E mak sense sy u comot dat link, u 4 don fall our hand scatter. Abeg mk u no open our ynash like that again. Na dat thin wey dem dey discuss inside room, no b wetin dem dey bring come parlour we visitors siddon.

You get my point bro?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nok234:

More Combat Ships, more water tanker ships will be needed and Replenishment oiler. and if a President buy one of my favourite ship Electronic surveillance ship he can add a Yatch for him lol
The Yatch would be a generous gift from you?

In my opinion, we don't need that (water tankers and Replenishment oiler). We are mostly only going to operate in our EEZ, Gulf of Guinea and West-Africa.

We desperately need, again in my opinion, 2 Makassar type LPDs. The Makassars would play a dual role of replenishment and Landing ship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
patches689:

Turks are re.tards.
https://wwwtch?v=WPksQgaPonU
So now Turks are retarrds, Patches!!! gringrin

Anyway, ISIS is now a proud owner of a Leo2. Fantastic!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
bidexiii:

That's what happen if u r not always on guard/vigilant on hostile region.

Yes, you are correct, but finally, soldiers are humans just like us.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
africaken254:

Henry240:

So now Turks are retarrds, Patches!!! gringrin

Anyway, ISIS is now a proud owner of a Leo2. Fantastic!

By the looks of things its two Leo 2's, an ACV-15, an armored bulldozer and a small mountain of BPV's, webbing, helmets and other assorted sundries.

The faggits just left it all and ran away.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Henry240:

Yes, you are correct, but finally, soldiers are humans just like us.

That's the more reason they need to stay alert. If orders are resting or off duty some need to be on guard and scan the whole area. Those are normally military procedures. I saw one of them being hit and went down immediately.

Those bastards has being there spying and watching them for God knows how long, then what happens if it is night in an hostile region.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
Make we dey yan this thing soffery soffery no be like say our own mata beta pass dem tuki own.

bidexiii:

That's the more reason they need to stay alert. If orders are resting or off duty some need to be on guard and scan the whole area. Those are normally military procedures. I saw one of them being hit and went down immediately.

Those bastards has being there spying and watching them for God knows how long, then what happens if it is night in an hostile region.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Deway75:
Make we dey yan this thing soffery soffery no be like say our own mata beta pass dem tuki own.

grin grin grin, lik sy u knoe Wetin I bin wan yan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Inside Nigerian navy nns centenary.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: mekussa(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.