Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972904 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2015
Rifle championships to improve marksmanship skills, revived after being abandoned in early 2000s, even the generals of Amy,Airforce,Navy took there shots

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Is their no Angolan posters here? I dont think anyone ever posted anything from the Angolans before, maybe they think they are Portuguese and don't like talking to real Africans.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Kafrican:
Rifle championships to improve marksmanship skills, revived after being abandoned in early 2000s, even the generals of Amy,Airforce,Navy took there shots
I remember watching it From the news and seeing that snipper in the last pic. What type of snipper rifle is He holding?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exjoker(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
Henry120:

This is great news. You can absolutely confirm this?
Back it up with pics is a no. Because when you least expect them, that's when their will show up. And there is this fear in me that they won't be happy seeing me taking their pics. Though not mostly reported sometimes but Villages in the southern part of Taraba is currently witnessing attacks from the Fulanis militias. Nigeria army is over stretched.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
Exjoker:
Back it up with pics is a no. Because when you least expect them, that's when their will show up. And there is this fear in me that they won't be happy seeing me taking their pics. Though not mostly reported sometimes but Villages in the southern part of Taraba is currently witnessing attacks from the Fulanis militias. Nigeria army is over stretched.

No actually. I just wanted you to re-confirm that you actually saw it operationally. I'm a little more obsessive with Nigerian made products.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
patches689:

Professionalism compensates for battle hardened any day of the week

here we go again.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
ChukwuCantDie:
Is their no Angolan posters here? I dont think anyone ever posted anything from the Angolans before, maybe they think they are Portuguese and don't like talking to real Africans.
Language barrier.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
NighttWalker:
Pic of NA SF para jump (DEATHMACHINEs profile pic) cheesy
you go pay money ooooo.....make una take this wan sha

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

you go pay money ooooo.....make una take this wan sha
The second pic don't look like it was the Nigerian military or skydivers ( that's if we have any home based one)

I wanna ask you some question since you are in the NA SF, Is it soldiers that that apply to be in the SF or civilians apply for it just like people apply for the Army, Navy and Air force? Or is it the military that selecte soldiers they feel are extra gallant or way too skillful to be in the normal foot soldiers?

And finally can a civilian hired a personal military trainer to train him as a badass Mercenary or one can get into one of those companies who specializes in training Mercenaries? And do one have to have a military experience or just have to get in?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
NighttWalker:
The second pic don't look like it was the Nigerian military or skydivers ( that's if we have any home based one)

I wanna ask you some question since you are in the NA SF, Is it soldiers that that apply to be in the SF or civilians apply for it just like people apply for the Army, Navy and Air force? Or is it the military that selecte soldiers they feel are extra gallant or way too skillful to be in the normal foot soldiers?

And finally can a civilian hired a personal military trainer to train him as a badass Mercenary or one can get into one of those companies who specializes in training Mercenaries? And do one have to have a military experience or just have to get in?

It is in nigeria ,application is for service personnel ,usually through Airbourne and Coin training then futher special training if you pass the selection.some unit send soldiers for training too depending if they pass.you have to undergo special courses such as tracker,airbourne,ranger,counter- terrorist etc to be SF.not for the faint hearted
PMC's have civilian staffs too but prefer ex service guys for combat role.
mind my english,my phone has a mind of its own
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 21, 2015
Henry120:
Nigeria COIN
how do I get the apc pic lost my copy

Lot of good military hardwares are in Abuja,
Kennels inspection

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 21, 2015
Sf

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 21, 2015
Hw

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2015
IbnSultaan:
how do I get the apc pic lost my copy

Lot of good military hardwares are in Abuja,
Kennels inspection

What APC photo?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 21, 2015
Nigerian Police

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2015
denisfidha:
I remember watching it From the news and seeing that snipper in the last pic. What type of snipper rifle is He holding?

Looks like the Truvelo Counter measure sniper (CMS) Rifle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
Joluwadamisi:
An international reputable company is sourcing for Trucks: 15, 17.5, 20, & 30 Tons to enable her meet the demands of her supply-chain to her numerous customers and her warehouses within 27 States in Nigeria.
We seek individual Truck Owners And Truck Companies' Partnership.

Product: Beverages, Biscuits, Diapers, e.t.c

For more Details:

pastor cyrus
+234803 054 6462

Cyrusjesunifemi@gmail.com
Hey voetsek man. Go post this somewhere.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
Malian Soldier and 2 Dutch peace enforcers in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exjoker(m): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Henry120:

No actually. I just wanted you to re-confirm that you actually saw it operationally. I'm a little more obsessive with Nigerian made products.
Sure the vehicles are already with NA.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
Henry120:
Repost

COIN Option for the military. This vehicle is already in use with the Nigerian Police.

Nigeria's, Proforce LAPV.

Since we seem to love the hilux so much. This vehicle is based on the chassis of the rugged hilux.

It can withstand 2 simultaneous grenade blast detonated underneath it, and provides adequate protection against 7.62 rounds.

In Ukraine, a Ukrainian Army Streit cougar involved in ATO, a vehicle similar to this (leopard LAPV) got hit by mine, the soldier escaped largely un-hurt bar a few bruises.

With 3 Gun stations ( 50 CAL and GPMG x2), it sure can bite.

Added armor will reduce mobility and off-road

You guys should develop something like pic related - it can easily be done by simply removing the body of a light truck or 4x4 attaching roll bars and weapons mounts - suspension may be stiffened if HMG's are planned

Fast, epic off-road capabilities, and not difficult to manufacture

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
patches689:

You guys should develop something like pic related - it can easily be done by simply removing the body of a light truck or 4x4 attaching roll bars and weapons mounts - suspension may be stiffened if HMG's are planned

only thing is "no protection". that's why the latter is designated LAV. that's what we need to beat ambushes that's very common in COIN
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
Exjoker:
Sure the vehicles are already with NA.

Great news, again.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
patches689:

This is the OTT Puma LSV. I love the vehicle, and it well looks like a ridiculously easy vehicle to manufacture.

However, i'm talking about a Light Armoured vehicle, and the OTT LSV clearly has no armour. The Proforce LAPV clearly fits into that niche, and having spotted this LAPV with the Nigerian Police force, i'm more than convinced it is a suitable vehicle for the military.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nigeria Random

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
Angolan GAE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 11:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Henry120:
Nigeria Random
Oga Henry...that first pic....hehehehehe...make we lave am
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
kenpaul0:

Oga Henry...that first pic....hehehehehe...make we lave am

Don't worry, we are getting there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
Nigeria Random

Photo Credit: Nigerian military History

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
No offense. Just wanted to show d house
Custom AKS w/PBS-4 suppressor spliced with AR components i.e. stock, barrel and magpul pmag.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faculty14(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
weldone guys
ds 1 hell of a thread..so amazing
keep up d good work
pls.does ani 1 has d link to d recent bh video wea shekau displaced weapons captured frm baga??
pls hlp share..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
Faculty14:
weldone guys
ds 1 hell of a thread..so amazing
keep up d good work
pls.does ani 1 has d link to d recent bh video wea shekau displaced weapons captured frm baga??
pls hlp share..
Terrorist propaganda isn't shared here.

I'd advice you not to watch it.

But you can find it at the other thread.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.