Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969494 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
frumentius:

You can go back to your play station because there's not going to be a war. Jammeh and his gang - not Gambia - are the target here, and all they know is oppressing the civilian population of Gambia.

Jammeh and his Gang control large swathes of the Gambian Military not to mention the institutions rife with corruption there. We will see cool if he doesn't step down, there's going to be violence, start packing your Bags, your are being deployed to Gambia shortly cool

Your Trigger fingers seem to type fast, I wonder if they are that efficient when paired with rifles. cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
Henry240:
The attention of the Nigerian Army has been drawn to a publication by Premium Times online news medium titled "EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria raises troops for Gambia, ready to remove Yahya Jammeh".
This is not true.

Consequently, Nigerian Army wishes to disassociate itself from such false information that exists only in the figment of the imagination of the medium. There was no time or place Nigerian Army disclosed such information to the medium. If there is any, we challenge them to name the officer or soldier that gave them such information and when.

tdayof:
Henry lol.. I never called for war in Gambia. As we can see, ECOWAS insists on diplomatic solution and the previous military intervention we've been hearing about was to be headed by Senegal.

I can't refer to premium times news about we deploying military to Gambia as a tangible source.
On my own, Gambia is the last thing on my mind not to talk of war.

I said it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
And the unambiguous joint statement by ECOWAS, the AU and the UN:

The ECOWAS Commission, the African Union Commission and the United Nations Office for West Africa and the Sahel (UNOWAS) have received information that the Gambian incumbent President Yahya Jammeh has rejected the results of the Gambian presidential election of 1 December 2016 that have been officially announced by the country’s Independent Electoral Commission.

The President of the ECOWAS Commission, the Chairperson of the AU Commission and the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General to West Africa and the Sahel are deeply concerned by these developments. They call on the government of The Gambia to abide by its constitutional responsibilities and international obligations. It is fundamental that the verdict of the ballots should be respected, and that the security of the president -elect Adama Barrow, and that of all Gambian citizen be fully ensured.

ECOWAS, the AU and the UN strongly support the stand of the Senegalese Government on the issue with regards to calling an emergency meeting of the UNSC and urge relevant Gambian stakeholders to contribute to a peaceful transition and orderly handing over of power from the outgoing administration to the President-elect within constitutional deadlines, in accordance with the Gambian electoral laws.

ECOWAS, the AU and the UN urge all Gambian stakeholders including the elected leadership, the armed forces, political parties and Civil Society Organisations to reject violence and peacefully uphold the will of the people as clearly expressed through the ballot box. They also call upon the Gambian Defence and Security forces to live up to their republican duties.

ECOWAS, the AU and the UN stand in solidarity with the people of The Gambia whom they once again commend for the maturity demonstrated throughout the electoral process and commit to continue monitoring developments in The Gambia.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
frumentius:

Henry, mate, are you playing devil's advocate? It's a woeful attempt.

Guy, i'm not playing devil's advocate. Right from the start of this Gambian crisis i have been against military intervention in Gambia, my position hasn't changed.

We need to, as Africans, tow a different path to law enforcement. The use of military option should be an absolute last resort. Military actions in Africa simply don't end, every where you look their a soldiers fighting for a range of issues which could have been settled diplomatically or politically without the use of force.

We have to develop our democratic, law enforcement and judicial institutions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
Henry240:

Guy, i'm not playing devil's advocate. Right from the start of this Gambian crisis i have been against military intervention in Gambia, my position hasn't changed.

We need to, as Africans, tow a different path to law enforcement. The use of military option should be an absolute last resort. Military actions in Africa simply don't end, every where you look their a soldiers fighting for a range of issues which could have been settled diplomatically or politically without the use of force.

well put Henry, so lemme ask this question.

if all other options fail (including sanctions) and he goes further to forcefuly put down any opposition, what next?

this is not about fighting the gambian people, it's about removing one man who refuses to respect the will of his people

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Special Forces already in Southern Kaduna – Buratai

The Nigerian Army says it will extend its military exercise, tagged “Operation Harbin Kunama 2’’, to Southern Kaduna, parts of Plateau and Kano states as part of efforts to maintain peace and stability in the country.
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, who made this known to State House correspondents after a security meeting in the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said the exercise would cover only the Falgore forest in Kano state.
According to him, Special Forces of the Nigerian Army and other security agencies had already been deployed to Southern Kaduna to restore peace and order.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Henry240:

03 December 2016 to 19 January 2017. Ample time for all diplomatic measures to be exhausted, for one outcome only - respect for the democratic wishes of the Gambian population. No appeasement of dictators.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
TrueHeart365:

if all other options fail (including sanctions) and he goes further to forcefuly put down any opposition, what next?

this is not about fighting the gambian people, it's about removing one man who refuses to respect the will of his people

If all else fails, then we can have military intervention.

It's not just about removing one man, it's all about ensuring that institutions are allowed to function.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
frumentius:

03 December 2016 to 19 January 2017. Ample time for all diplomatic measures to be exhausted, for one outcome only - respect for the democratic wishes of the Gambian population. No appeasement of dictators.

Up to 20,000 Gambians were disenfranchised from exercising their constitutional rights to vote. What about those people?

Are they not Gambians, do they not deserve democratic wishes?

Let's wait for the suite filed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by solbil: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
the house of reps wanting Jammeh to have a haven here in Nigeria is a wrong move in my opinion. You are right when you said we should allow institutions to function in Africa. But how can institutions function when the very first one to function, the electoral commission, is being undermined by someone who thinks he is too big?

Also, who would the house of reps want to give him asylum? Won't that be sending a wrong message to the rest of the continent, that you can take govt by force, be a sit tight leader, lose elections after about 30 years, and in order to get away with all your looting and brutality, you cause some commotion between the time you lost the election and when you are to hand over hoping that you will be granted asylum and you can go on ahead to enjoy your loot?

When you give him, asylum, won't that be a sort of injustice to the likes of Gbagbo? Won't we make the likes of Abdullahi Wade et al regret why they didn't cause commotion between when they lost power to when they handed over peacefully? Won't Nigeria be tainting her moral stance, credibility and reputation as a strong supporter of democracy and respect for institutions and peace?

According to Newton's first law, nothing moves until you make it move. In the same way, nothing will change in Africa, including the sit tight syndrome, unless we say NO to it!

If Nigeria can stand her ground and make sure this man leaves, that would spark the same consciousness across the whole of Africa and at this time in our history when we have more elections in a year in the whole of Africa than we have in anyother continent the world over, we can be rest assured that the sit tight syndrome will be put to an end in a matter of 5 years or there about.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
Henry240:
Rugged7, M14A1, Tdayof, Odunayaw and all the war mongers in this thread not duly mentioned, I completely disagree with a military intervention in Gambia.

for the records..I don't support a military intervention at all
If sh1t is to go down...I prefer covert banquets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
rugged7:
Yea, seems so.
I'm not so sure the people in defence headquarters have thought this one through.
Shouldn't they start with a Naval blockade 1st while they muster forces.
2 weeks crash course on invading a country might not be sufficient for a stretched NA
Most importantly, how do u raise funds in this recession?
The cheapest way probably would be to pay Jammeh's immediate bodyguards or army chief to neutralize him
It doesn't make sense and it doesn't work that way. You don't want any Libya to repeat itself in WA. There are always staunch loyalists in every government which can't bend to any pressure. You neutralize him? So what else? The military take over and presumably install the president-elect? Don't think it will ever work the Egyptian's way. Killing the President will only bring chaos that won't leave Nigeria out of the crisis that would follow.
and hand over to civilians.
That will save everyone all this angst

Better said than done. The crisis will only worsen the already tense and fluid situation. Jammeh is already preparing for war with ECOWAS...if we dare interfere(which is certain ecowas will intervene)... I fear we are looking at another somalia cum rwanda.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
Here's what I think
wait till the end of the deadline, if he's stupid enough to not rethink and rescind, we roll in West Africas finest pipe hitters into his capital and offer him a crash course on modern day democracy right at his front porch.

Oh I forgot to add we turn everything and everyone opposing into and obstacle course(smash, burn, ram, bomb, shoot) whatever it takes to save a democracy

Then again this is my opinion grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
M14A1:
Here's what I think
wait till the end of the deadline, if he's stupid enough to not rethink and rescind, we roll in West Africas finest pipe hitters into his capital and offer him a crash course on modern day democracy right at his front porch.

Oh I forgot to add we turn everything and everyone opposing into and obstacle course

I see you fancy conflicts baba jeje o grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
Brightwood:
I want a war for 3 reasons.

1. There's money to be made.

2. When you have dictators like Jammeh, Force is all they acknowledge.

3. This thread will be filled with pictures of all those fancy Machinery in action.
These are irresponsible comments. You guys are nothing but hypocrites. How on earth do you want to invade a sovereign contry simply because of an excuse of "Democracy"...indeed Demon is crazy....
Forcefully wanting to remove a sitting president? Are we(Nigeria and Ecowas in general) then better than NATO in Libya? We are still "chewing" the bubble gum of BokoHaram thrown our way by the "Forceful" extermination/neutralization of Gaddafi. We all know Africa won't be in this chaos if that guy is still alive.
Why then do we condemned NATO and US over the destruction ongoing in Libya, Syria and Iraq? Are we not hypocritical and unlearned?
Should we because of upholding what they called Democracy then, put citizens into problem and starvation?
Are we just "slaverious mentalically"(if there's any word like that) that we must follow every things the europeans are doing?
We are all angry when detachments of US troops were stationed in Ghana during Nigeria Presidential election in 2015, yet we are happy and want to invade another country because someone refused to step down.
And to even imagine you put up what i quoted, shows how callous, inhumane,demonic and pharisitic you are.
You want war for another country just to see 'FANCY' Machines pasted on this thread and make more money(MMM) I can't wish you less bro. I won't mince word with you, You deserved to be commited to a gaol Mr man.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
M14A1:
Here's what I think
. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
"They say on this day only AFSF can tell you what truly happened"

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Vikkie14:
Good points, so what other non-violent options do you suggest we explore, if Jammeh decides to stay put after the deadline.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
TrueHeart365:

Just like they removed 'one man' in Libya and we are still grapling with the effect of "the one man removal" in Nigeria, Chad,Niger and Cameroon right?

I'm against dictatorship but that doesn't mean someone should be trampled on. He didn't say he won't step down(going by the congratulatory call he accorded the winner), he was emphatical about "interference".
I can see that Ecowas is 'their' pawn this time around.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
M14A1:
Here's what I think

Oh I forgot to add we turn everything and everyone opposing into and obstacle course(smash, burn, ram, bomb, shoot) whatever it takes to save a democracy

African "Mad dog Mattis". gringrin

"Be polite, be professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet,”
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
M14A1:

Good points, so what other non-violent options do you suggest we explore, if Jammeh decides to stay put after the deadline.
send him a bunny and make him say awww till his sanity returns ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Odunayaw:
send him a bunny and make him say awww till his sanity returns ?
Best plan yet grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
Vikkie14:
Just like they removed 'one man' in Libya and we are still grapling with t

You're speaking exactly my language.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Henry240:

African "Mad dog Mattis". gringrin

"Be polite, be professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet,”
Someone has to grind the meat grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
Thank you'll for your valuable contributions. Can we now, go on to posting on-topic.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
MINUSCA Central African Republic

Burundi Troops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 13, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 1:22am On Jan 13, 2017
Israeli Jets Target Munitions Depot in Damascus - Reports

https://sputniknews.com/news/201701131049544022-israel-jets-depot-damascus-report/

And this in Syria under the nose of Putin.
Only Israel and the US can do this with unmatchable stealthiness. I am sure they used F35s for this or maybe some advanced high tech evasion skills with F15Is.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:42am On Jan 13, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:44am On Jan 13, 2017
Brightwood:
I want a war for 3 reasons.

1. There's money to be made.

2. When you have dictators like Jammeh, Force is all they acknowledge.

3. This thread will be filled with pictures of all those fancy Machinery in action.

Im not ok with you but number 2 will be on my list

1. Nigeria is taking here place as the real GIANT OF AFRICA
2. No french or western countries in African affairs
3. we are taking our futur in our hands
4. Jammeh is single minded and Gambia deserv to go forward

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:52am On Jan 13, 2017
Nok234:

Im ok with you but this is down on my list

1. Nigeria is taking here place as the real GIANT OF AFRICA
2. No french or western countries in African affairs
3. we are taking our futur in our hands
4. Jammeh is single minded and Gambia deserv to go forward

Jesus christ

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: jl115 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.