Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (964) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5949056 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
Oldies... Rare pic of nigerian Mig-15 UTI photographed during Biafra war. cool

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I assume so, the screenshot is taken from the army innovation summit.

I have mixed feeling, wonder how such can be applied.

In all, I love it. I'll say 85%, as there is room for further improvement, but I'm impressed. Apart from this ATV, okay, the commanders gun needs to be shorter also.

Apart from this ATV, we need a good solid LAV, a vehicle in the class of a Nimr, Cobra II, Plasan Sandcat, Gaz Tigr etc etc ......... Something of that class, but locally built.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
Henry240:

The South-Africans, Patches689, Frumentius and Activatekruger have become complete and utter nonentities to this thread.

It would be a major relieve for the vast majority of us if they can do us a favour and totally quite posting in this thread.

Why, cos I pointed out to you that you can't brag about derailing and then expect to be taken seriously when calling for order?

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 11:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
@africaken254: [quote]
CDF Gen. Katumba greets a soldier manning his post inside AMISOM defence combat outpost . the Soldier turns 60 this year[\quote]

In a profession where men die young fear the old man.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
Henry240:

Could you post the entire video here?

No mixed feelings for me, rather we've always had a requirement for vehicles like this. The problem we would have us, if we start to see these vehicles applied with the rest of the Infantry, as in, Direct Action.

It's a Recon, purely Recon and nothing else. The guns are there as a defensive weapon, not offensive. We might also use them to conduct surprise raids or ambushes, but as a last option.

The front of the vehicle should have armoured collapsable windscreens.

I like the gunshield, but I don't like the shape, I also don't like the main gunners seat. I doubt if they would be comfortable when worn out.

This along with the bikes is the sort of thing NAF FAC, and Navy, Army Recon teams need.
If they are made in lager numbers I guess they can also be used by the Nigerian immigration service, for border patrol.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
Henry240:

Could you post the entire video here?

Seened:

***Grabs Jakeporeshenko and shakes him violently***
Was this built in Nigeria? Speak Jake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdAua9uaQJ0

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NA indigenous ATV.
*chokes on sapele water*

come again?

made here??

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
*chokes on sapele water*

come again?

made here??

Hehe you're legit going to kill me one of these days with laugh.

Watch the NTA video, was reluctant to post it at first. *NTA get PHD in falling hand*

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
Henry240:

The South-Africans, Patches689, Frumentius and Activatekruger have become complete and utter nonentities to this thread.

It would be a major relieve for the vast majority of us if they can do us a favour and totally quite posting in this thread.

"Guys, stop derailing the thread!"

"Guys, please post on topic"

"Guys, fvck South Africans!"

You have a problem, mate. Seek help.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:05am On Feb 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

wait I see an unmanned turret
can sm1 confirm or I begin to curse my eyes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:07am On Feb 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Watch the NTA video, was reluctant to post it at first. *NTA get PHD in falling hand*
I don tire for NTA walahi

but nice find
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Katyusha(m): 12:17am On Feb 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

NTA....used the whole video on interviews and shenanigans but less than 10 secs on exhibiting the so-called "innovation"...what do you expect from a channel whose "Defence corespondent" wears full length kaftan to make reports from the frontlines of the N.E. The N.A desperately needs its own media wing. The ATV though! Who saw that coming? A GPMG (FN MAG) would have been a better option than that Browning .50 cal...That thing will wreck the chassis in no time.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 1:11am On Feb 15, 2017
chkil:
Oldies... Rare pic of nigerian Mig-15 UTI photographed during Biafra war. cool

Now that's a rare picture. I noticed the similarities in decals between the Nigerian migs and that of the Royal Egyptian Airforce.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 1:33am On Feb 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

L
Our people are so smart,they only need the support !!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 2:58am On Feb 15, 2017
AML-90 Lynx in Burundi.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

If they are made in lager numbers I guess they can also be used by the Nigerian immigration service, for border patrol.

Yeah, that's another area, border patrol. I hope the vehicle gets mass produced, there is so much to gain.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
Henry240:

I have become a complete and utter nonentity to this thread.

It would be a major relief for the vast majority of us if I can do us all a favour and totally quite posting in this thread.
After silently following this thread the last few days...my conclusion!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 15, 2017
Odunayaw:
wait
I see an unmanned turret

can sm1 confirm or I begin to curse my eyes

Yeah, I also saw, I liked it. It's armed with a 12.7mm machine gun.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 15, 2017
Katyusha:
A GPMG (FN MAG) would have been a better option than that Browning .50 cal...That thing will wreck the chassis in no time.

I agree. Possibly the commanders gun port isn't necessary. I guess it must have been tested, we'll have to wait and see if changes are made.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 15, 2017
Odunayaw:
I don tire for NTA walahi

but nice find

I can see TV360 there, Deji Badmus should have a significantly better report.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 15, 2017
jln115:

My comment is pretty clear, I stand by it. I'm not going to have a back and forth discussion on this.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2017
Seened:

Now that's a rare picture. I noticed the similarities in decals between the Nigerian migs and that of the Royal Egyptian Airforce.

yes egypt change many times its flag, the Flag of the Kingdom of Egypt (1922–1953) was the only all green , they changed it in 1958 following the Revolution and the falling of the monarchy

but nigerian decals look more large and small and have the registration number NF , from wiki from 1967 initially two MiG-15UTIs (NAF601 and NAF 602), and eight MiG-17s (NAF603 to NAF610) were supplied to Nigeria. some was sent from egypt , and Egyptian and Czech pilots work for nigeria in the beginning

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 15, 2017
jln115:

That's just the thing. One moment proudly puffing his chest out to derail, and the next presuming to still have the credibility to call out others for derailing. Not sure to call it dissonance or hypocrisy.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 9:09am On Feb 15, 2017
women at the front

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2017
Impressive bringing another concept to reality, Despite limiting factors. Looks really suited for its role perhaps with little to nought additions.

Meanwhile, I had been looking up the concept of tanks especially the Merkeva Mark 4 of how it was built with feedback from tank crews from past engagements.

Subtle additions like 2-3 hmg for infantry engagement or suppression, sloped turret and ability to increase or decrease suspension is what they came up with.

If say Proforce are apparently building a tank, are they using a rigid design or is it also based on input from our tank crews in the North East?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 15, 2017
The Namibian Defence Force (NDF) and Zimbabwe Defence Force (ZDF) Officers strengthening military cooperation during the bilateral meetings held on 08 February 2017 at the NDF Headquarters

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 15, 2017
Namibia
Hon. Penda Ya Ndakolo, Minister of Defence addressing MOD Staff members during his New Year's Greeting on 13 February 2017 at Defence Headquarters

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:33am On Feb 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NA indigenous ATV.
that's good,na so e suppose be.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2017
61Mech, your old unit entering Durban for Armed Forces Week.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2017

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2017
.... women in the military... I cringe every-time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: ClearDway4me and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.