Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . (1222 Views)

Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . by Truckpusher(m): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe blasted Nelson Mandela as a “coward” and “idiot” during a rally today to celebrate Mugabe’s record seventh term in office following his victory in the country’s disputed elections last week.

In one of his trademark fiery speeches, the 89-year-old Mugabe — who has led the southern African country since 1980 — claimed that he should be hailed as an African hero instead of Mandela, the anti-apartheid icon and former president of neighboring South Africa.

“My huge victory in these elections prove I am the greatest leader in the history of Africa,” Mugabe told supporters in Zimbabwe’s capital, Harare. “I have spent my whole life fighting for the Zimbabwean people and they continue to elect me.”

Mugabe tightened his iron grip on power in last week’s elections after he received 61 percent of the vote while his ZANU-PF party won a two-thirds majority in parliament, though there are allegations of widespread fraud and violence against the opposition.

“I am the greatest African who has ever lived,” Mugabe said. “The world should love me more than the idiot Nelson Mandela. F**k Nelson Mandela. As I waged war against colonialism, that coward sat on his ass in prison for 27 years. He’s a coward.

“I have been leader for 33 years. Mandela was president for five years. What kind of idiot gives up political power? Great leaders like me know how to stay in power.

“While Mandela sits comfortably in a hospital, I stand before you fit and healthy, ready to lead this country and the Zimbabwean people for at least another 25 years,” Mugabe added, referring to the 95-year-old Mandela’s ongoing treatment for a lung condition.

Mugabe also mocked South Africa’s multicultural “rainbow nation” in his speech, claiming that Mandela didn’t care about the interests of black Africans.

“There is only one color allowed in Zimbabwe, and it is black,” he said. “I banned the color white in my country. Nelson Mandela told all the white people to stay in his ridiculous rainbow nation. He should have thrown all of the whites and homosexuals out of his country like I did. South Africa would be so much better off.”

The Lord of Misrule

Mandela served as South Africa’s president from 1994 to 1999 and is highly regarded at home and worldwide for his role in ending apartheid and becoming the country’s first democratically elected leader.

Similar to Mandela, Mugabe played a pivotal role in the struggle for black-majority rule against the white minority-controlled Rhodesia, which became Zimbabwe.

In recent years, however, Mugabe and his government have plunged the country into diplomatic and economic isolation due to corruption, authoritarian rule, political violence and human rights abuses. Mugabe drew international condemnation in particular over his land redistribution policies, in which prosperous commercial farmers were chased off their land by violent mobs.

South Africa, which borders Zimbabwe, has pursued a policy of silent diplomacy with Mugabe, appeasing him in public while supposedly criticizing him in private.

South Africa’s President Jacob Zuma, who congratulated Mugabe on his presidential victory, said he would review Mugabe’s remarks before making an official statement.

SOURCE: dailycurrant
- See more at: http://www.ukzambians.co.uk/home/2013/08/06/robert-mugabe-blasts-nelson-mandela-as-a-coward-and-idiot/#sthash.i6WI5Hru.dpuf

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . by magnetik(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
I think he 'Mugabe' get braintouch
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . by DanAnyiam: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
magnetik: I think he 'Mugabe' get braintouch
Over to you Jacob Zuma. This is the fool you had been supporting his evil rule.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . by 14(m): 1:57am On Aug 07, 2013
This old man, what did mandela do to him? He is forgetting that Zim depends on SA in everything, if zuma close the Tap, people are gonna turn against him. He first blast Zuma's adviser.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . by panafrican(m): 5:29am On Aug 07, 2013
Show the tape on youtube. Other than that, this is nothing but propaganda meant to isolate Mugabe on purpose to attack his country with foreign troops.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . by musweraf7: 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
panafrican: Show the tape on youtube. Other than that, this is nothing but propaganda meant to isolate Mugabe on purpose to attack his country with foreign troops.

Thank you for showing some astuteness here,im buffled some people have elected to believe this as real,in Zimbabwe rallies are conducted prior to elections during the campaign period,ONLY.Mugabe has never addressed crowds since we voted him back in power.
I am Zimbabwean myself and i can confirm Mandela at one time was pressured to attack Mugabe's policies and he did,Mugabe never set himself to fight back,the only negative comment that Mugabe ever made about Mandela was when being interviewd by Dali Tambo inthe documentary PEOPLE OF THE SOUTH,he(Mugabe)said Mandela was too soft on whites and i think its true since there are still places in SA where dark skinned are not allowed anywhere nearer.
The white press talk of Mandela as a hero because he did not dare upset their apple-cart after the official end of apartheid era. During apartheid, he was a terrorist but now all of a sudden he is their blue eyed boy?
They hate Mugabe because he brooks no nonsense from them and he is determined to place black people above anyone else in their own homeland.

Hear no lies,our family together with 29 other families are beneficiaries of the land grabs or whatever you may want to call it,these we call A1 farms which every family was allocated 50-60 hectares on what used to be one white family property,tooth and nail we are ready to defend our heritage once stolen and denied by useless laws..Hail Bob our hero,we will outlive the sanctions but when the dust settles we are gonna be masters of our resources,thank God no one can call me a monkey in my father's land..

Hey black people wake up,how many of you own free farms in Europe?

(1) (Reply)

Two American Ladies Go Nude To Protest Against Donald Trumps Election Victory / Kanye West Threatens The Democratic Party's Hold On Black Americans / Taliban Of Islamic State Of Afganistan Now Have These Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.