Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ (5542 Views)

Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by OkwaIfugo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe blasted Nelson Mandela as a “coward” and “idiot” during a rally today to celebrate Mugabe’s record seventh term in office following his victory in the country’s disputed elections last week.

In one of his trademark fiery speeches, the 89-year-old Mugabe — who has led the southern African country since 1980 — claimed that he should be hailed as an African hero instead of Mandela, the anti-apartheid icon and former president of neighboring South Africa.

“My huge victory in these elections prove I am the greatest leader in the history of Africa,” Mugabe told supporters in Zimbabwe’s capital, Harare. “I have spent my whole life fighting for the Zimbabwean people and they continue to elect me.”

Mugabe tightened his iron grip on power in last week’s elections after he received 61 percent of the vote while his ZANU-PF party won a two-thirds majority in parliament, though there are allegations of widespread fraud and violence against the opposition.

“I am the greatest African who has ever lived,” Mugabe said. “The world should love me more than the idiot Nelson Mandela. F**k Nelson Mandela. As I waged war against colonialism, that coward sat on his ass in prison for 27 years. He’s a coward.

“I have been leader for 33 years. Mandela was president for five years. What kind of idiot gives up political power? Great leaders like me know how to stay in power.

“While Mandela sits comfortably in a hospital, I stand before you fit and healthy, ready to lead this country and the Zimbabwean people for at least another 25 years,” Mugabe added, referring to the 95-year-old Mandela’s ongoing treatment for a lung condition.

more at: http://www.ukzambians.co.uk/home/2013/08/06/robert-mugabe-blasts-nelson-mandela-as-a-coward-and-idiot/#sthash.U5AD56lF.dpuf
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by OkwaIfugo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
Now i know and guess this Mugabe of a man is really intoxicated with POWER.

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by mankand(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mugabe is going too far with this. In as much as I respect him he should not intoxicate himself with power. I respect all his works and fighting for the people of Zimbabwe.

Long live Mugabe
Long live Ghadaffi
Long live the people of Zimbabwe

#Respect
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Asoozy: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
I hope he is aware of the likely repercussion of his infantile utterance against Zimbabweans outside the country.

He who the god will kill, will firstly go mad.

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lead them to where
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by sambos994(m): 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
I bet this story is false. Even a ret@rd wouldn't say that. He already tarnished his internationally already. Though what he is saying is true. However, he shouldn't take anything away from Mandela.

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Enegod(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by OkwaIfugo(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
MOD please frontpage.
Lets see the reactions of Nigerians towards this.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by moscobabs(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
God save him Gaddaffi is no more he would have reply that arongant and selfish man.How many international recognition does he have

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by OkwaIfugo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
moscobabs: God save him Gaddaffi is no more he would have reply that arongant and selfish man.How many international recognition does he have

hahahah am just wondering why the old man is still talking. wonders really .. cry
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by dasparrow: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
@Post

President Mugabe has good genes though. The man does not even look like he is 89 years old.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by iamswizz(m): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
he's coming down soon.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Abagworo(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
mankand: Mugabe is going too far with this. In as much as I respect him he should not intoxicate himself with power. I respect all his works and fighting for the people of Zimbabwe.

Long live Mugabe
Long live Ghadaffi
Long live the people of Zimbabwe

#Respect

Idi Amin, Ghaddafi, Mugabe were and. are hated by whites but they seem to love Mandela. Why?
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Richie01: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Errrm... Mr Mugabe! I'm so sure he was imprisoned for fighting against the colonial parasites.

If he hadn't stood up against em, he would have had his freedom all through. And his refusal to compromise landed him in prison.

However, how are we sure that your entire freedom was not as a result of your compromise in order to buy yourself freedom? Just a question though. smiley
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by adeswagsdmj(m): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Abagworo:

Idi Amin, Ghaddafi, Mugabe were and. are hated by whites but they seem to love Mandela. Why?
dey hated mandela 4rm d beginin they even labelled him a terorist bt d truth wil always set u free
gadafi was hated bkus of d bombin of a U.S.A plane*deir revenge is always silent*
nd he wanted 2 rule afrika dat was y he was nt suported
Mugabe his loved by his ppl bt hated by d westerners bt his time his coming U.S.A are veri good in waiting 4 d rite time
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by bionicdude(m): 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
if dis is actually true then I will say am really disappointed.How can mugabe of all pple have d guts to ridicule mandela.Mugabe has made life harder for his country men and is there dissing sumone who brought liberation
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Things just ain't the same for gangstas.
Times is changing, young niggas is aging,
Becoming old gees in the game and changing,
To make way for these new names and faces, but
The strangest things can happen from rappin, when
Niggas get wrapped up in image and acting,
Niggas get capped up and wrapped in plastic,
Zipped up in bags when it happens, that's it.
I've seen 'em come; I've watched 'em go,
Watched 'em rise, witnessed it and watched 'em blow.
Watched 'em all blossom and watched 'em grow.
Watched the lawsuits when they lost the dough.
Best friends and money: I lost them both.
Went, visited niggas in the hospital.
It's all the same shit all across the globe.
I just sit back and watch the show.

Mugabe...The last of the African Dictators

Charles Taylor, Sani Abacha, Laurent Kabila, Mobutu Sese Seko, Moammar Ghaddafi, Idi Amin Dada....all gone

But Mugabe still stands gidigba

Robert Mugabe is a true OG

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by 100Zimbabwe: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Please note that the remarks
attributed to President Robert
Mugabe in this article are entirely
false and malicious.
The President has not addressed any
public gathering since the eve of the
election when he held a press
conference.
We regret the distress these
dishonest reports have caused the
Mandela family as well as South
Africans in genera

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by sammyzacks(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
If he continues like this, his end won't be good
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by princesammmy: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
my full respect for this man. but I knw dis report is fake
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by juju2008(f): 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mugabe is so pathetic in his assumptions and poor understanding of greatness.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by omenka(m): 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
I can bet my life this isn't true!!! Come on guys, it just can't be. It can't be!
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
That is gross. "coward?"
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by sweetcheecks(f): 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
100%Zimbabwe:
Please note that the remarks
attributed to President Robert
Mugabe in this article are entirely
false and malicious.
The President has not addressed any
public gathering since the eve of the
election when he held a press
conference.
We regret the distress these
dishonest reports have caused the
Mandela family as well as South
Africans in genera

cheesy cheesy cheesy Could not stop laughing this is very funny. I cannot believe people could fall for this, its wrongly worded to be a statement by Mugabe.

Mugabe is an educated man, as a president he would never use such words as f**k especially adressing a crowd. He is quite polished.

This is just a wake up call that the mad angry white racists are on a mission to cause conflict in the SADEC region so we could nullify the Zim elections.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by sweetcheecks(f): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
juju2008:
You are wrong. Mandela has got great wisdom which unfortunately evades most African leaders.

Forgive him, he got caught up in the lie. That is why people need read and digest before commenting. Now he and not Mugabe insulted Mandela calling him a fraud. undecided
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by babsjnr(m): 1:20am On Aug 07, 2013
iamswizz: he's coming down soon.
mugabe is untouchable nigga
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by ofala(m): 5:19am On Aug 07, 2013
I remember my doctor telling me that: "....stay away from drug and alcohol especially when one nears 70 years".....I am going to remind him that power is also an intoxicant that equally blindfolds and is more poisonous than drugs and alcohol
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Rossikk(m): 6:36am On Aug 07, 2013
juju2008: Mugabe is so pathetic in his assumptions and poor understanding of greatness.

He is 10,000 times more knowledgeable and greater than YOU.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border / B. / Thousands In Senegal Protest As Court Grant Wade Right To Seek 3rd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.