Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,259 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistrate For Food - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistrate For Food (631 Views)

Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) / DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court / Drama As Tambuwal Joins Federal Republic Of Nigeria Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistrate For Food by abproffy: 2:11am On Aug 07, 2013
The magistrate’s court sitting in Yaba, Lagos, yesterday, witnessed a mild drama following an outburst by one of the arraigned suspects.

The incident occurred during the hearing of a two-count felony charge brought against the suspect, Tunde Balogun (21), who instead of pleading to the charges, brought out some drugs from his pocket as he cried to the magistrate: “Please Ma, I have been on these drugs since Saturday. I am not feeling okay. I have not had anything to eat since morning. Please Ma, if you can help me, just give me something so that I can swallow these drugs.”

This prompted the magistrate to halt the session for some minutes to ascertain the health condition of the accused from the Prosecuting Officer who brought him to
court. It was then revealed that it was a strategy to distract the court session.

http://ogamayor..nl/2013/08/drama-as-21-yr-old-accused-asks.html
Re: Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistrate For Food by Swot26(m): 3:34am On Aug 07, 2013
Democracy.....lolololololooo
Re: Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistrate For Food by Omexonomy: 3:59am On Aug 07, 2013
Tunde balogun i hope you are not the son of that mumu masqurade
Re: Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistrate For Food by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 07, 2013
it's unfair when suspects are starved, tho this dude wanted to be smart

1 Like

Re: Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistrate For Food by egift(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2013
Did anyone expect the Police to agree the poor boy have not eaten. It had nothing to do with his case the magistrate should have ordered for the food and continue the session. If na politician now, he would have gotten the "Cicilia Ibru" treatment. God punish poverty.

(1) (Reply)

Africa’s Youngest Billionaire Says Nigeria Conducive For Investments / Cbn Governor, Others Pays Condolence Visit To Gov. Fashola. Pics / Nigerians Must Go To Hellfire For Saying We've Never Had A True Leader -obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.