Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! (67931 Views)

Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) / Please My Mum Needs Your Help! / Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
WOW!!!

I am proud to be associated with TEHN.. Thanks guys..

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by r231(m): 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okija_juju: WOW!!!

I am proud to be associated with TEHN.. Thanks guys..

Thank you for your support!!

Thank you all for supporting Folake

God Bless
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by cumpaddre(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
I bet yuzedo's secretary hasn't informed him abt dis yet.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by importexpert(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by rhythyson: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
For all the people who made these possible...may almighty Allah be with you in terms of your need and by his grace you will never lack...Thank you and thank you...I love you all.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by brownlord: 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
phaya: Awwww I feel so touched. You guys have my moral support :-)

Abeg carry your moral support go that side, na moral support u fit give when your mate dey contribute money. smh for you
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by pickabeau1: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
hahaha..

All support is welcome...

Prayers are also welcome smiley

Let us all remember Folake in our prayers...

brownlord:

Abeg carry your moral support go that side, na moral support u fit give when your mate dey contribute money. smh for you
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by yodiyokun(f): 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
I just saw this case now. How do I contribute my 2 cents in cash? ETA: Seen Paypal account.
My 2 cents in kind:

We need to keep this lady in our prayers so that there are no complications from the surgery. This stuff is not moi- moi. I just had a goiter removed myself a few weeks ago and my voice and breathing were affected and I am still not recovered. I had this goiter for 15 years, if I had known then what I know now - I would have removed it immediately I got to oyinboland. I was fortunate that the complications were only voice related and that at least I can still breath without a tube. Mind you, my goiter was not as half as big as this woman's. Things to watch out for:

1. Calcium complications from a thyroid surgery can lead to the organs seizing including the heart even days after the surgery has been completed.

2. The lump must be sent for pathology testing to check whether its a benign lump or it is cancerous. If its is cancerous,she needs to under go further treatment. Fingers crossed it is benign.

3.. She will be placed on supplements to do what the Thyroid does in the body, without supplements to replace thyroid function, lethargy , depression and eventually death could occur.

Please someone that is on ground should discuss the risks of the surgery with her surgical team so that she is monitored like a hawk. Please make sure that the surgeon has done this procedure before many times. This goitre cannot be less than 20cm across so its a major surgery.
Also if she can be referred to an endocrinologist to help her stabilize the hormones for the first few months.

I don't mean to sound gloomy but I have found that people tend to trivalize goiters that its not a major issue...it can be.

Now I have said all these to indicate that we may need to contribute more than the initial surgery cost so the organizers of this rescue effort can bear this in mind.

I really wish her the best and I'll send my kobo kobo as soon as I know where to send it.

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by pickabeau1: 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thanks yodi

You have raised serious concerns in your post and the prayer is really that all goes well to plan

I hope you are feeling much better and your healing will be made perfect by God's grace
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by pickabeau1: 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
yodiyokun: I just saw this case now. How do I contribute my 2 cents in cash? ETA: Seen Paypal account.
My 2 cents in kind:

We need to keep this lady in our prayers so that there are no complications from the surgery. This stuff is not moi- moi. I just had a goiter removed myself a few weeks ago and my voice and breathing were affected and I am still not recovered. I had this goiter for 15 years, if I had known then what I know now - I would have removed it immediately I got to oyinboland. I was fortunate that the complications were only voice related and that at least I can still breath without a tube. Mind you, my goiter was not as half as big as this woman's. Things to watch out for:

1. Calcium complications from a thyroid surgery can lead to the organs seizing including the heart even days after the surgery has been completed.

2. The lump must be sent for pathology testing to check whether its a benign lump or it is cancerous. If its is cancerous,she needs to under go further treatment. Fingers crossed it is benign.

3.. She will be placed on supplements to do what the Thyroid does in the body, without supplements to replace thyroid function, lethargy , depression and eventually death could occur.

Please someone that is on ground should discuss the risks of the surgery with her surgical team so that she is monitored like a hawk. Please make sure that the surgeon has done this procedure before many times. This goitre cannot be less than 20cm across so its a major surgery.
Also if she can be referred to an endocrinologist to help her stabilize the hormones for the first few months.

I don't mean to sound gloomy but I have found that people tend to trivalize goiters that its not a major issue...it can be.

Now I have said all these to indicate that we may need to contribute more than the initial surgery cost so the organizers of this rescue effort can bear this in mind.

I really wish her the best and I'll send my kobo kobo as soon as I know where to send it.

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
God bless you M****e Ol*****ye for your donation of 100 Canadian dollars.

@yodiyokun thank you so much for your comments. Wishing you a speedy recovery. God bless you
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wow ! So proud and happy.. Together really we can do more.
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by femigeisha: 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
Tonight, am so proud to b a nigerian, so underneath our HARSH nature lies tenderness and love? I joined NL in 2010 and I rearly sign-in, but I visit d site daily as a guest (infact i only sign-in and giv comments twice a year) But tonight i feel lyk a pat of the Transformed Nigeria I've always hoped for. God bless evry soul dat is taking pat in reshapin Folake's destiny...Awesome!!! wud luv 2 b a pat of dis (hop its not 2 late)...femigeisha@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Damysa(f): 12:38am On Sep 26, 2013
Just seeing this for d first time. Am also being investigated for Goitre and i can say it's not easy. Yodi's suggestions should be followed to the later as they are so true. Kindly send account details to judithokoh@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by basty: 6:43am On Sep 26, 2013
I pray for you guys that, God will meet you all at the point of your needs.
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Eneze1(f): 7:38am On Sep 26, 2013
may the Almighty God heal her, kindly send the account details to Princessvicky47@yahoo.com, hope it's not too late
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by sextail(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2013
To the whole Team

Thank you very much
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by confetti(f): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2013
Please do post the account details here. May be my two cents would help.
Thanks
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2013
TEHN EXECS:: Are donations for this case still open?! Or have we reached our limit?!

ALthough, a second years rent for her shop wouldnt be bad at all... 1 Year flies by so quickly..
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by jaybee3(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2013
Okija_juju: TEHN EXECS:: Are donations for this case still open?! Or have we reached our limit?!

ALthough, a second years rent for her shop wouldnt be bad at all... 1 Year flies by so quickly..

We believe we already have enough to complete this project but you are very much welcomed to keep supporting TeHN's work.

We can always look into advance payment of land rent so long as it's feasible.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Emary(f): 9:37am On Sep 26, 2013
I really want to commend your efforts and say God bless you. It is wonderful and refreshing to see Nigerians reaching out a hand in a constructive manner to help someone in need not only get better but improve her life. Thank you.
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by prettynurse: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2013
Am just seeing this for the first time,pls how can I send my contribution.
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by KA24DETT(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2013
Okija_juju: TEHN EXECS:: Are donations for this case still open?! Or have we reached our limit?!

That would be a good idea Cus one year definitely goes by so fast and moreover we have to give her a learning curve and to create a customer base.
2 years would be great and in the future , we should be striving for 2 years .
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by r231(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2013
prettynurse: Am just seeing this for the first time,pls how can I send my contribution.

Thank you!

send an email to nairalandcharity@gmail.com
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2013
r231:

Thank you!

send an email to nairalandcharity@gmail.com

DO we have any new or on-going cases still?!
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by jaybee3(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

DO we have any new or on-going cases still?!

No new cases at the moment.
As a group, we are looking to be in the position of proactively seeking for cases where success can be easily measured.

We currently work in a reactive capacity, having adequate resources in place will help us achieve our ultimate goal of being able to provide effective early intervention when cases such as poor health and or poverty are spotted.
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 26, 2013
WoW! Very wonderful Guys!!
As I read through the thread from page 10, I was moved to tears as to what Nigerians could do, and when my heart could not take it, I broke down and shed some. Funny me, I thought I was hard-hearted.
This is a good platform to be, not those many political and tribal fights...
Kindly send me d acct details for regular financial contributions... I'm IN big time.
May God Almighty heal Folake and others, as well as Bless everyone who has contributed to this in any form of support.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by telexfree1: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2013
May God bless all the founders of this wonderful project (nairaland charity or e-helpers/TEHN). It's nice to know that despite the regular distractions I have come to associate Nairaland with e.g tribal wars , abuses etc, we can still come together like this on compassionate grounds.
Please permit me to make a suggestion or a request.

Can the initiators of this project explore options for sustainability of this program ?
Maybe after Folake's case is settled, they can actively look for next similar case to tackle. Believe me, a lot of people need help in this country.

My heart bleeds to think that this woman could have had the surgery way back in 2005 but for N140,000 (one hundred and forty thousand naira only shocked shocked) . Sometimes I get so mad at our health institutions in this country and why saving lives has to be all about money. Anyway let me not digress lest I derail and draw the ire of some doctors in the house.

What I am asking is , can we make this program sustainable ? You do not need any recognition from any body or govt to do good to your fellow man. I have always maintained that the greatest givers are those silent givers because they give out of personal conviction and that is why I disagree with Pastors who announce on the pulpit and ask members to come forward with their tithes for a special prayer. (I digress again)

The e-helpers network is a very apt name. Or maybe Nairaland Foundation. I don't know. But I do know that there are more cases like Folake's out there. Imagine living with this condition for the past 8 years because of not having N140,000. Holy Smokes . I really need to make my earthly sojourn count for something.
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by jaybee3(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2013
@telexfree1

We appreciate your concern and can assure you that we are already thinking/working along the lines you highlighted in your post.
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2013
telexfree1: May God bless all the founders of this wonderful project (nairaland charity or e-helpers/TEHN). It's nice to know that despite the regular distractions I have come to associate Nairaland with e.g tribal wars , abuses etc, we can still come together like this on compassionate grounds.
Please permit me to make a suggestion or a request.

Can the initiators of this project explore options for sustainability of this program ?
Maybe after Folake's case is settled, they can actively look for next similar case to tackle. Believe me, a lot of people need help in this country.

My heart bleeds to think that this woman could have had the surgery way back in 2005 but for N140,000 (one hundred and forty thousand naira only shocked shocked) . Sometimes I get so mad at our health institutions in this country and why saving lives has to be all about money. Anyway let me not digress lest I derail and draw the ire of some doctors in the house.

What I am asking is , can we make this program sustainable ? You do not need any recognition from any body or govt to do good to your fellow man. I have always maintained that the greatest givers are those silent givers because they give out of personal conviction and that is why I disagree with Pastors who announce on the pulpit and ask members to come forward with their tithes for a special prayer. (I digress again)

The e-helpers network is a very apt name. Or maybe Nairaland Foundation. I don't know. But I do know that there are more cases like Folake's out there. Imagine living with this condition for the past 8 years because of not having N140,000. Holy Smokes . I really need to make my earthly sojourn count for something.

[b]Your concerns have been well and duly noted..

The general idea behind this E-Helpers Network is to avail Nairalanders who have the passsion for Charity but lack the opportunity|time|& the the chance to actualize that desire. Just incase you are not aware, this is not the first case that TEHN has handled.. You may wanna search Nairaland and find others.

The Group is still very much in its infancy and has only worked out so far because of the dedication of a few people here. We even have a Yearly event where we try to visit a few Charity homes and make donations to them.. We did the same thing last years ending. Folakes case seems to be one of the biggest we have done with regards to money raised. It is our hope and dream that oneday, we would grow to start handling Million Naira cases.

Monies for TEHN is only requested per case. If there is no case, we dont solicit contributions.
More physical helpers are needed.. Honest and straight forward peoples who wouldnt use this as an opportunity to make cash for themselves.
More Financial helpers are needed as well as the bigger the cases, the more money would be required.

If you have seen any case that you feel we would be able to assist in, Please call the Attention of r231, Jay Bee, Mynd, T-Girl and co to it and it would be investogated and acted upon.

Note that all cases we handle must first be verified by a Trusted nairalander and a first hand situation report would be posted on Nairaland, for a strategy to be adopted and acted upon.

With each case we treat, the bigger we shall become.. This was an Idea, today its a reality..

Stay with TEHN... Soon enough, we would be needing our own independent website.. [/b]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About / HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Doctor Claims Pregnant 15-year-old Teen Is Still A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.