Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! (67959 Views)

Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) / Please My Mum Needs Your Help! / Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by r231(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,

Once again, this is to reintroduce the Nairaland E-Helpers network, a voluntary group (of ourselves) with the stated objective of facilitating and providing succor as we are able.

With your help, we have been able to provide logistics, medical help, feeding and empowerment to our fellow Nigerians.

See thread for more information on previous outreaches:
https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread

We want to use this opportunity to thank you all, especially those who supported us in cash and kind. Our prayer is that God will continue to bless you and yours.

We received a report from one of us EMIYE, about a lady suffering from Goitre.

We have performed preliminary due diligence with our dedicated case officers by physically visiting and verifying the woman and the case.

Tgirl4real and Mynd44 visited the woman on 30th June while chaircover accompanied her to UCH on the 19th July to run the preliminary tests.

Below is the case report:

Mrs Folake Ademola of Eleyele, Ibadan, first experienced the swelling of the goitre in 1996. After trying several options, she was taken to the University College Teaching Hospital, Ibadan in 2005, where she was seen and given a quote of 140,000 for surgery to remove the goitre. Her husband is a mechanic with financial challenges that has made them unable to have the operation and now the goitre has worsened as well as life threatening.

Until recently, she was working as a cleaner earning 9,000 monthly, but was made redundant and is now jobless in addition to her current health challenges.

Due to her present unemployed state, we would like to empower her financially to start her own small scale business on successful completion of the surgery.

Attached is the image of the woman with copies of documents.

After running the preliminary tests, she has been referred to the Surgery unit. We spoke to the doctor and got a tentative cost estimate of the surgery.

Time is of essence, as the doctor has warned that the growth is approaching a critical mass which could affect her speech and breathing. Untreated goitre can also lead to mental health and heart problems.

We have managed to accomplish the following tasks:

Preliminary Tests:
Xray : N9000
Blood tests: N2700
Initial Consultation: N1,500
She is required to more tests before a final date of surgery will be issued.

We estimate that she will need about N400,000 to be fully rehabilitated.

Below is the tentative breakdown:

Card, initial Consultation and subsequent consultations: N15, 000
Test (“Further Tests”): N50,000
Surgical Fee: N150,000
Admission fee/Feeding: N 25,000
Drugs and other consumables: N25,000
Total: N265,000

Logistics: N35,000

Post surgery Rehabilitation: N100,000 (Start a small business)

Grand Total: N400,000.00

Please If you want to donate money for this cause and future TeHN projects, kindly leave your email address OR mail: nairalandcharity@gmail.com if you don’t want to post your email here and we will send you the account details.

Account details will be sent only from nairalandcharity@gmail.com

Please disregard any other account information from any other email address.

The E-Helpers Network (TeHN)

+++++++++++++++++++

24 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by r231(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
TeHN's Action Plan

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Noted!
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
God bless you Maria C kiss

We received a donation of $80 Canadian Dollars which converts to 48.23 GBP.

Thank you so much for giving the first donation to Folake. May God remember you and meet you at your points of need.

On behalf of Folake, we all say thank you

8 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by biolabee(m): 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
This is splendid.... Where is ID Marcos the tehn towncrier grin tongue
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Mynd44: 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
**passes bag around**

oya make una start to dey donate na. In the spirit of the lesser sallah.......

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
biolabee: This is splendid.... Where is ID Marcos the tehn towncrier grin tongue
Alariwo in da house! Yoh Yoh! cheesy cheesy

Campaign Mode activated#### cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
berem: Noted!
Noted? Drop bar joor! angry tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Mynd44: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
berem: Noted!
Sebi that your husband dey give you money for soup....oya prove to sexkillz that he is a big man,

shake böbby sorry, shake body

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by deols(f): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
Just registering my support
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by biolabee(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Alariwo in da house! Yoh Yoh! cheesy cheesy

Campaign Mode activated#### cool cool cool

Carry gooo..omo olope
Nothing do you
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Mynd44: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
deols: Just registering my support
That's not all ooooo
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by phaya(f): 9:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
Awwww I feel so touched. You guys have my moral support :-)
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by r231(m): 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
phaya: Awwww I feel so touched. You guys have my moral support :-)

Thank you ma
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by yemi2plus(m): 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Move to Front page

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
I hope she survives
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
ibkaye: I hope she survives
With ur help, she can!!

IBK, postpone ya facials and spa treatment o!

Every little counts...

Thanks bebe! kiss

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
Idowuogbo:
With ur help, she can!!

IBK, postpone ya facials and spa treatment o!

Every little counts...

Thanks bebe! kiss
LOOL cheesy
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by r231(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
ibkaye: I hope she survives

Thank you so much

God Bless
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dolly thank you sooooooo much. God bless you real good.

£20 received with thanks via paypal
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 08, 2013
Any particular reason why this isn't on the front page?
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by r231(m): 12:07am On Aug 08, 2013
ibkaye: Any particular reason why this isn't on the front page?

Working on it
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 08, 2013
r231:

Working on it
God bless you guys
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Mynd44: 12:14am On Aug 08, 2013
ibkaye: Any particular reason why this isn't on the front page?
In the pipes
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Mynd44: 12:14am On Aug 08, 2013
ibkaye:
God bless you guys
and you too ma'am
Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by coogar: 12:28am On Aug 08, 2013
how can i drop my token? why don't we have threads like this on the front page and yet we get to read about the colour of tonto dikeh's lacy bra?

but for madam CC, i would never have known about this....

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 08, 2013
My best wishes to Folake! Thanks to the E-Helpers for your efforts so far. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About / HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Doctor Claims Pregnant 15-year-old Teen Is Still A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.