Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** (26464 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / Car Logos And Their Manufacturing Countries. / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
Have you ever wondered what a car’s logo means? Here are some of the more colourful stories behind today’s iconic auto emblems:

Audi
The four rings represent each of the four manufacturers who merged in 1932, banding together to better battle the Great Depression.

BMW
Some believe the blue and white circle is a nod to the automaker’s military aircraft origins, but that’s a myth. Its colours are the same as the Bavarian flag, where the automaker was founded in 1917, but at that time it was prohibited to use national symbols in commercial logos, so this was a subtle way of working in some nationalism. Even still, the propeller myth kept cropping up, so 12 years later the marketing department adopted and ran with it.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
Buick
A nod to the founder ’s Scottish roots, the three shields also represent the first vehicles the automaker built — the LeSabre, the Invicta, and the Electra.

Ford
Taking the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach, the Ford font you see today has been the same since its introduction in 1912, and the blue oval behind it has been around since 1927.

Mazda
Derived from the Iranian religion Zoroastrianism, Ahura Mazda was the god of wisdom, which is also close in sound to the company founder’s last name, Matsuda. The stylized M seen today was introduced in 1998.

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
Mercedes
Founder Gottlieb Daimler mailed his wife a postcard with the 3-point star atop his new factory’s location, which symbolized his desire to build transportation methods for land, air and sea.

Subaru
The six stars within the blue oval are a reference to the constellation of Taurus, which is pronounced Subaru in Japanese.

Toyota
The three intersecting ovals have a dual meaning. They create a stylized “T,” and symbolize the customer’s trust, the product, and the future of automotive technology the company continually strives to create.

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
VW
The result of an office logo design competition in the 1930s, the winner was engineer Franz Reimspiess, and the prize was 50 marks (about $35 today).

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Damojo: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Informative!
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Henrypraise: 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
Trully informative, m gradually getting set for who wants to be a millionaire. BTW does made in Nija products have Logos? N do the logos carry a story?

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
Henry praise: Trully informative, m gradually getting set for who wants to be a millionaire. BTW does made in Nija products have Logos? N do the logos carry a story?

I am sure they come with logo, like the Innoson (Not sure if that is the right spelling oh)motors, but the story behind it, i have no clue however, google could leak all that

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by bellong: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Good info... am too lazy to be searching meaning of car logos... Thanks for the education.
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
bellong: Good info... am too lazy to be searching meaning of car logos... Thanks for the education.

Lol . . .
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by kunlesehan(m): 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
hmmmm.... thanks bro now I know my cars better.
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Temismith(f): 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Am coming, lemme go and check d logo on my car first, brb! gringrin
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
kunlesehan: hmmmm.... thanks bro now I know my cars better.

That was how i felt too oh

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
Temismith: Am coming, lemme go and check d logo on my car first, brb! gringrin

Lol . . .
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
Barka De Sallah to all our Muslim Brothers and Sisters . . . God Bless!

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by ucheosoka(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
REBRANDING, thought i could make it better, so i made it better. Innoson motors rebranded logo #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira #Art #Cars #Automobile #Logos #Nigeria #Ivm #Innoson #InnosonMotors #MadeInNigeria #Nnewi

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
ucheosoka:
REBRANDING, thought i could make it better, so i made it better. Innoson motors rebranded logo #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira #Art #Cars #Automobile #Logos #Nigeria #Ivm #Innoson #InnosonMotors #MadeInNigeria #Nnewi

Thanks for adding this one . . .

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Motherfucker2: 6:33am On Aug 17, 2016
I don't know anything about car logos
I love them Nissans, Infiniti and Range Rover evoque

I just love to buy them, driving them is just like having sex

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by dipopooo(m): 6:34am On Aug 17, 2016
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Motherfucker2: 6:35am On Aug 17, 2016
Damojo:
Informative!

Informational
In formative is wrong
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Proffdada: 6:35am On Aug 17, 2016
ucheosoka:
e no sendundecided
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by DjAndroid: 6:36am On Aug 17, 2016
This is the 3rd time I'm seeing this on the front page in four years.

Anyhow, we no go carry last!

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Araoluwa005(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2016
if you love your car show your logo like I show my

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Taeewo(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2016
Good
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by DJBIGGY(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2016
DjAndroid:
This is the 3rd time I'm seeing this on the front page in four years.

Kai u Na old man for NL ooo cheesy

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Lovexme(m): 6:39am On Aug 17, 2016
This has been on the front page before. Nevertheless, it'll be useful to those who didn't know about the logos.
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by mcayomind: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2016
that was why I'm called.

Show logo!

Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Exponental(m): 6:48am On Aug 17, 2016
3yrs after, making FP! Who is the new Mod here?
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by DjAndroid: 6:51am On Aug 17, 2016
DJBIGGY:

Kai u Na old man for NL ooo cheesy

Since 2009, no be beans!
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by Samtoby(m): 7:10am On Aug 17, 2016
What of Lamborghini and Ferrari smiley

Though the logos are more of Metaphor
Re: The History Of Car Logos *** Have You Ever Wondered What A Car’s Logo Means?*** by HtwoOw: 7:11am On Aug 17, 2016
Mods remember you since August 7

Nna , your soap odikwa powerful eeeh

Kia Owners Forum / Driver Flees With Employer’s SUV 2 Weeks After Employment (photos) / Lagos To Impose New Taxi Rules To Clamp Down On Services Like Uber