Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? (42944 Views)

Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! / An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals / Boy Who Slept With A Girl He Met For The First Time Now Finds It Hard To Urinate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Funjosh(m): 4:31am On Jan 19, 2015
OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by drisatasarr: 4:36am On Jan 19, 2015
A good history and physica exam to include a DRE in men over ager 50 or younger men with strong family history of prostate cancer is the current recommendation. Doing a PSA blood test is now discourage as a screening test. The PSA is still used in high risk groups and to monitor the effectiveness of prostate cancer treatment.
The best guidance to Nigeria men is to :
1. Eat healthy - Mediterranean diet
2. Exercise
3. Do not smoke cigarettes
4. Do your physical exam and discuss your risk with your doctor.

ryom:
Every Nigerian man above the age of 40 years should have their prostate health checked yearly. This consists of a digital rectal examination (DRE) carried out by a doctor and a blood test called PSA. You can optionally add ultrasound scan of the prostate (KUB USS). Our people are so poor at checking their health. People will service their cars but not their bodies. There are other health checks to do once you are 40 (this includes women too). Do not wait for symptoms to develop. Be proactive. That way we will blame the next door neighbour or some old witch in the village less for untimely deaths. I am more than happy to advice further if you have any specific concerns.

1 Like

Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 19, 2015
ireneony:
too much sex causes prostrate cancer in men..

Says who¿
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 19, 2015
coobboy:
Being old is scary man

Being old is cool,imagine @ 70+ & u've succeeded in building a great future for your children & playing with your grandchildren?

1 Like

Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by lumeneng22: 5:07am On Jan 19, 2015
Alubosa:
Enightening.......
.Where are u from? Urhobo?
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by hardbody: 5:13am On Jan 19, 2015
engrken2:
pls can any norologist give me an analytical symptom of postrate....

Google can tell u almost anything u need to know. Anything
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by gabriel212: 5:39am On Jan 19, 2015
ryom:
Every Nigerian man above the age of 40 years should have their prostate health checked yearly. This consists of a digital rectal examination (DRE) carried out by a doctor and a blood test called PSA. You can optionally add ultrasound scan of the prostate (KUB USS). Our people are so poor at checking their health. People will service their cars but not their bodies. There are other health checks to do once you are 40 (this includes women too). Do not wait for symptoms to develop. Be proactive. That way we will blame the next door neighbour or some old witch in the village less for untimely deaths. I am more than happy to advice further if you have any specific concerns.
good morning.
Thanks for your advice but do u have an hospital around ikeja?
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 19, 2015
R u sure on this?
kayciano:
Ok...
FREQUENT SEXX without measure...
Is another RISK FACTOR.
BECAUSE with frequent sex, one exposes his prostate to untoward challenges and pressures of producing seminal fluid, thereby leading to enlargement.
Just like (HOOK'S LAW).
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by moderatorr1: 5:50am On Jan 19, 2015
I just hope buhari does not have prorate. PDP should leave him alone and concentrate on getting re elected.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by bjt(m): 6:42am On Jan 19, 2015
I don't think this is correct

kayciano:
Ok...
Is another RISK FACTOR.
BECAUSE with frequent sex, one exposes his prostate to untoward challenges and pressures of producing seminal fluid, thereby leading to enlargement.
Just like (HOOK'S LAW).
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Adex097: 7:04am On Jan 19, 2015
oboy na to go bleach o shocked
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 19, 2015
One less issue for me to worry about. Nice piece Op.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by martineverest(m): 7:25am On Jan 19, 2015
Desmond tutu once had it.....its killed 2face 's father.....beware of this cancer.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by cardoso111(m): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2015
kayciano:
Ok...
Is another RISK FACTOR.
Just like (HOOK'S LAW).
Hooke,s Law you mean?
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Muh(m): 9:09am On Jan 19, 2015
ryom:

Please I'm over 40 will llke to have an idea of how much it cost to carryout these test please.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:13am On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=engrken2 post=29191366pls can any norologist give me an analytical symptom of postrate....[/quote] a dey fear o!
I wake @ midnight to urinate o
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 19, 2015
ireneony:
There is no scientific evidence to support your hypothesis
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 19, 2015
engrken2:
...www.vantagemedicalcentre.com
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by crackhouse(m): 10:17am On Jan 19, 2015
ireneony:
i guess that's why Buhari have it cos i heard he don't joke with women's punny.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
There's vaccine for it now. Make enquiries. Not sure if it's in Nigeria yet. Any lead of where to get immunised against it should indicate pls. Help our Nigerian men(the most vibrant African men).
The vaccine is for treatment not prevention. And the treatment costs $120,000 to $150,000. Go figure.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 19, 2015
Muh:

Please I'm over 40 will llke to have an idea of how much it cost to carryout these test please.
pathcare vi...01 461 6311.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Youceemeri: 10:48am On Jan 19, 2015
Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to paid for a room for me and my son(Shelter). They have served us quit notice.. There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am on street now running up and down to make our end for food, am not lazy i can do any work but not into robbery pls i just want to be a good daddy for my son since his mum is late, i believe downfall of a man not the end, all i need is a roof over our head so i could be able to cool down and find job to make him proud.. The money i need is #20,000 to get a room..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...I know there is good people out there who can help me .......May God bless and reward u all.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Afrocatalyst: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
gmyguy:
The vaccine is for treatment not prevention. And the treatment costs $120,000 to $150,000. Go figure.

whoa!
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Pauljonnes(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by drisatasarr: 5:42am On Jan 20, 2015
ryom:

PSA is no longer recommend for routine screening of prostate cancer in men. DRE is recommended in men over 40 yrs old during routine physical examination . PSA may be done on a case by case basis based on risk.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by pen2(m): 9:48am On Jan 20, 2015
Urologist!
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by pen2(m): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2015
engrken2:

Urologist!
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by cuteboy2: 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
kayciano:
Ok...
Is another RISK FACTOR.
Just like (HOOK'S LAW).

Quack advice. Please stop confusing people. angry angry angry
This is a serious matter.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by ryom(m): 12:06am On Jan 23, 2015
gabriel212:

good morning.
Thanks for your advice but do u have an hospital around ikeja?

Sorry I live/work in the UK, but there are sure enough good hospitals around where you live.
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Jack188: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hi people! What working cancer treatments do you think are worth trying? I discovered some natural remedy from Dr. Abdul Samad ( http://drabdulsamad.com/ ) some time ago. It is a very promising method, I guess. They say, it really works. What do you think?
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by Fabiaa: 9:56am On Mar 27, 2015
My elder brother was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 201 0 then he was of 52 yrs of age.At that point his cancer was at the early stage (localised) meaning that the cancer was confined in the prostate not spread outside prostate.He was at that point left with the option of surgical removal of his prostate.While this option was discussed,a friend of his introduced him to a traditional medicine which he recieved and used for several days.Afterwards his cancer was cured.He had not experienced cancer recurrence for over 4 years. healing.For information on the traditional medicine that cured him call 08161784236
Re: Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? by bmos(m): 2:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Can anyone pls suggest a good urologist especially around Lagos andIbadan areas?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' / Jack Ma Helps Africa Fight Coronavirus. Donates Masks, Test Kits To African / COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.