Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:48 PM

Blackberry Questions Answered Here: - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Questions Answered Here: (9554 Views)

Root Most Lollipop Android Devices With Kingroot V4.8 Faqs Answered / Questions About Your Phone’s Battery Answered / 10 Most Burning Whatsapp Questions, Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2008
Here is your Blackberry resource.

If you have a question on blackberry device, any model inbetween the 5810 to the 8310 (curve), ask me. I will try my best to solve it for you.

Posts only, no email on this topic please. If you emailed me it had better be on romantic interests, wink
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by DualCore1: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2008
Help markkenny wit his blackberry issue. You mite need 2 do some searching around this section 2 see his post regarding that.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2008
Dual Core, do me a favor. Since you are familiar with the post and the subject can you please refer the enquirer here to this thread. Outside of that you could also go find the post, copy it and paste here. I will try my best to find answer for him.

Thanks.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2008
Want to explore Blackberry? Go here, http://www.blackberry.com/[b][/b]

I have owned and used four RIM products so far, a pager and three phones,

1. RIM pager
2. Blackberry 8800
3. Blackberry 8100 (Pearl)
4. Blackberry 8300 (Curve)

I plan on upgrading to the new one to be launched in fall, The Blackberry Bold. My experience and knowledge of RIM devices is deep.

I ought to charge you for this service but you be my people, instead of money I go take 5 bottles of palmwine each time you transact business here. E no matter if you finish one question and go out and step right back in for another help, heheh, another 5 bottles!
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2008
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by DualCore1: 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2008
here's a quote from markenny

@ceejay
can u guys help me to activate my blackberry
well i can only be able to sup the tcl than only open homepage and nothing more
plz guys.blackberry customer center ask for 5000 naira.per month.it there a way for the activation with out sending ATIVATE TO 2610000 cost 5000
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by sisqology(m): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2008
Ah!
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2008
Dual, how u dey? I think I found that post early hours this morning before I left home and I have asked Marc to clarify what exactly he is trying to do. If you see am tell am come here.

There are three activations possible in a blackberry

1. RIM registration
2. Telecomms Carrier activation
3. ISP synchronization

This might sound silly but it is true, I have seen people that buy expensive phone and never activate service on it. Blackberry is capable of supporting multiple type of needs, including the crazy one I just mentioned. So worst case scenario, you can do without 2 and 3 but nobody will ever use a blackberry without satisfying 1. It is impossible in any case scenario to bypass 1.

Which one/s is he trying to do?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by BlockCemnt: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
@NegroNuts,

I have a blackberry 8100. What services can it offer with my Glo?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by hayprof(m): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2008
Wats in a black-berry?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by makavele: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2008
I HAVE A BBERRY 8830, I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK IT
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by javy4(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2008
I have a BlackBerry 7100 and I want to activate for browsing. I have called GLO and MTN and it is the same story.

It is not their customised Blackberry brands and hence donot have activation settings for it. Is it possible to activate for browsing? I will be happy if I can get any reply. THANKS.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2008
@all
pls how do i get to configure a blackberry manually to browse with celtel?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2008
Dang!!! I have been getting requests and didnt know. Sorry folks, I was stuck in romance. grin grin

Okay, now lets see, one at a time
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by samuelk(m): 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2008
Nice
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2008
Okay here we go, Thank you all for submitting questions, I will try my best to serve your needs but for some of you my answer may be unacceptable.  

BlckCment,  << "I have a blackberry 8100. What services can it offer with my Glo?" >>

Answer - This is a carrier specific question.  Blackberries are capable of handling vertical services for both voice and data networking. The services that a customer gets depends on what the telecomm carrier is marketing. So that Glo may market the services different from how Mtn will market it.  They are both marketers and it is the consumer's choice to pick which marketer he/she wants blackberry service from.  Go check with what Glo has to offer.  Thanks.

HayProof,  << "Wats in a black-berry?" >>

Answer - I have a link in one of my postings above, please look in there for a link to the blackberry website.  You will be amazed.  If you are looking for global connectivity and practical functionality for personal or business coverage, blackberry is your best bet.  It is so precise in design that RIM even created a back-up network for blackberry users all over the globe to be able to communicate with one another exclusive of telecomm carrier networks. Go try it. Thanks.

Makavale,  << "I HAVE A BBERRY 8830, I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK IT" >>

Answer,  What are you trying to unlock?  The proprietary software, the password, the password keeper,
Please share more info so I can best help.  Thanks.

Javy4,  << "I have a BlackBerry 7100  and I want to activate for browsing. I have called GLO and MTN and it is the same story.  It is not their customised Blackberry brands and hence donot have activation settings for it. Is it possible to activate for browsing? I will be happy if I can get any reply. THANKS." >>

Answer,  Yes, the Blackberry browser is in the phone device already but it is not provisioned. The carriers have the access to provision and activate the browser.  It is one of the best revenue source for them.  Here is the gist of it, internet browsing is data usage, so the carriers have data plans for consumers and without subscribing to a data plan you cannot get browser activation to surf the net.  Thanks.

Abibio,  << "please how do i get to configure a blackberry manually to browse with celtel?" >>

Answer,  Look in my other blackberry post, it has instructions for using to browse on alternate carriers.  If you the apn for the carrier as well as the authentication code, yes you can.  I have no info on carrier apn or codes.  Thanks.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Okay here we go, Thank you all for submitting questions, I will try my best to serve your needs but for some of you my answer may be unacceptable.

BlckCment, << "I have a blackberry 8100. What services can it offer with my Glo?" >>

Answer - This is a carrier specific question. Blackberries are capable of handling vertical services for both voice and data networking. The services that a customer gets depends on what the telecomm carrier is marketing. So that Glo may market the services different from how Mtn will market it. They are both marketers and it is the consumer's choice to pick which marketer he/she wants blackberry service from. Go check with what Glo has to offer. Thanks.

HayProof, << "Wats in a black-berry?" >>

Answer - I have a link in one of my postings above, please look in there for a link to the blackberry website. You will be amazed. If you are looking for global connectivity and practical functionality for personal or business coverage, blackberry is your best bet. It is so precise in design that RIM even created a back-up network for blackberry users all over the globe to be able to communicate with one another exclusive of telecomm carrier networks. Go try it. Thanks.

Makavale, << "I HAVE A BBERRY 8830, I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK IT" >>

Answer, What are you trying to unlock? The proprietary software, the password, the password keeper,
Please share more info so I can best help. Thanks.

Javy4, << "I have a BlackBerry 7100 and I want to activate for browsing. I have called GLO and MTN and it is the same story. It is not their customised Blackberry brands and hence donot have activation settings for it. Is it possible to activate for browsing? I will be happy if I can get any reply. THANKS." >>

Answer, Yes, the Blackberry browser is in the phone device already but it is not provisioned. The carriers have the access to provision and activate the browser. It is one of the best revenue source for them. Here is the gist of it, internet browsing is data usage, so the carriers have data plans for consumers and without subscribing to a data plan you cannot get browser activation to surf the net. Thanks.

Abibio, << "please how do i get to configure a blackberry manually to browse with celtel?" >>

Answer, Look in my other blackberry post, it has instructions for using to browse on alternate carriers. If you the apn for the carrier as well as the authentication code, yes you can. I have no info on carrier apn or codes. Thanks.

pls which post in particular are u referring too.pls give a link or a name.thanks
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2008
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by omeddy: 9:43am On Jul 07, 2008
hello guys,

i will describe bb as a revolutionary tool for modern business. its so unique and user friendly. its very luvly when u browse on it as it even opens pdf files for you. i actually use the 8100 pearl at the moment and hope to switch to the 8800 series by next month. if u use an MTN line and u need to start browsing just send BIS to 21600. the activation is within 24hours , but you need to credit your phone with 5000naira before sending the sms. Once you send the sms and you are activated you can start surfing the web unlimitedly for a month. if are interested in getting the 8800 series i have about 5 pieces.

Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaypinchi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2008
Thank God I found his forum. grin grin cheesy cheesy wink smiley

I'm about buying a Blackberry but have been continously annoyed by Celtel, because they dont have the 8300 curve (the 1 I love so much) in stock. This is the 3rd month running.

Does any1 know which of the Celtel's shops (in Lagos) has the 'Curve' in stock?

@Negro_Ntns

Can the MTN (payg line) 8300 curve work with a Celtel post-paid line and still enjoy all the features of the phone.

@ omeddy

How much is your 8800? Can u get 8300 curve?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaypinchi(m): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2008
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 4:59am On Jul 09, 2008
Qwester,

Blackberries have desktop manager that hooks up with Outlook and stores gigabytes of data. It is not needed on blackberries, but thank you for stopping by to share with us. If you have other products that is functional on blackberries, please drop by and let us know. Research it and make sure it is functional before u bring it in here. Thanks man.

KayPinchi,

Yes the phone is transferable between providers. Remember the phone is yours, you paid for it. The SIM belongs to them. Mtn removes their PAYGO SIM card, you take your phone to Celltel and they put in their postpaid SIM card and activate the full features for u. The phone's capabilities is uniform, the difference in feature accessibility is determined by the SIM.

Send me an email, I will forward to you a guy's address. He is selling a Curve, I checked it out and its good. I was going to buy it but decided to wait on the Blackberry Bold instead. Email is in my profile.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by hayprof(m): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2008
Can u convince me to go 4 a blackberry instead of my beloved nokia e61i or e90?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2008
Hayproof, Go to post #4 and click on the link to take you to www.blackberry.com. Take a tour of the demos.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by omeddy: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2008
hello,
i have one brand new curve(8310)at the moment but the guy who actually brought it for me left out the charger. thats not a big deal anyway. it has the cd,manuals,earpiece and its in the carton. you can reach me on 08054503014.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaypinchi(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2008
Negro Ntns.

Thanks a lot. Sending u an email now.

Cheers
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by makavele: 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2008
THANKS, ITS'S A BLACKBERRY 8830: WORLD EDITION
RIGHT NOW IT'S LOCKED TO "VERIZON," I WANT TO UNLOCK IT SO THAT I CAN USE MY CELTEL LINE, INIT?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by hayprof(m): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2008
@neg, i'm getin a e61i. .i observd it has BB functionality. .rite?

nd accrdin 2 my post nd ur reply, i dnt need no video demos bt ur xperience on d device.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by iginla(m): 12:42am On Jul 11, 2008
I have a blackberry- 8700g locked to T-mobile network, where and how can I get unlock to use any SIM card ?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by abujabooks(f): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2008
@Iginla

The cheapest and safest option is to pay Tmobile to unlock it for you.

At the Ikeja Computer Village, the boys will ask you to leave it for 2 weeks for them to unlock it for you. While, Tmobile will send you the code via email within 1 day.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by makavele: 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2008
Then how do we pay T-Mobile or Verizon?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by hayprof(m): 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2008
. .nd dats d Issue*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where To Repair Damaged Tecno Phones In Nigeria For Free / Do You Want To Buy Smartphone And You Dont Have Money / Has Anyone Noticed This Weird Things On His/her Phone? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.