Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? (9525 Views)

10 Best Android Phones 2015 / The Pins You Should Not Accept As A Blackberry User / Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:18am On May 30, 2012
Considering An Android Phone. Any Recommendations?

Hello guys, I've been a blackberry person for a while now and I'm thinking of getting an android phone at least to compliment the bb. Did a bit of research and narrowed down to the Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003) that is having considered cost, phone functions and of course, the sleekness.

So what do you guys suggest? Any recommendations? Thanks
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by NOIBMUUL(m): 3:06pm On May 30, 2012
Guys, I'm waiting for your advice oooo!
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by PrinceNN(m): 3:21pm On May 30, 2012
the HTC Vivid is good, a lot of good android phones out there....
Review Here
you might want to also check a couple of other android phones reviews on youtube also.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by BlackBaron: 3:22pm On May 30, 2012
You'd have to lay down a price range so you can get good tailored advice.

E.g The Galaxy S3 and One X are meant to be the current Kings in the arena with prices at about say #124K more or less.

So also other mid ranged models like HTC Sensation, Galaxy S2...
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by Cine(m): 3:25pm On May 30, 2012
Get the Nokia N9 16gb or 64gb...

It runs the Meego OS

But you can hack it to get a dual boot of either Meego or Android ICS.

I have an N9 64gb and will be hacking my this weekend.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by Cine(m): 3:27pm On May 30, 2012
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by SisiKill1: 3:38pm On May 30, 2012
Get the Samsung 3

Here's a review of the phone

T]he Galaxy S III is a technological triumph. Not at first sight, perhaps, but Samsung has done the overwhelming majority of things right. The camera is easily the best I’ve used on an Android device, the processor claims the title of benchmarking champion, and the customizations layered on top of Ice Cream Sandwich are mostly unobtrusive and sometimes even helpful. They never really gel into one coherent user experience, meaning you’ll have to learn what each new feature does individually rather than intuiting it from the phone’s general behavior, however that’s a trifling complaint when compared to our usual disappointments with Android OEM skins...

"The extra-large size of this phone, even with its great ergonomics, may prove to be a stumbling block for those who can’t comfortably fit a 4.8-inch handset into their daily routine. S[b]till, the popularity of the Galaxy Note has shown that phone buyers are willing to look to more exotic form factors in their pursuit of novelty and extra functionality — and the Galaxy S III suffers no shortage of either. The New Galaxy S III is also very compatible with Blackberry. A huge plus for Blackberry Users who need not wash their hands or wear gloves before/After using the Android.[/b]

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/galaxy-s-iii-international-version-review-roundup-2012-5#ixzz1wMcn4wKL
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by deltabravo: 3:39pm On May 30, 2012
BlackBerry To Android: Confessions Of A Convert
check this out

http://phandroid.com/2011/01/24/blackberry-to-android-confessions-of-a-convert/
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill: What do you mean "for a blackberry user"?

I mean is there some special kinda something "Blackberry users" have that would need to be met hence the need to specify "Blackberry user?"

Is there some compatibility issue here. . .will the Android phone blow up in your face if the one recommended to you was done without taking into account that you are a "Blackberry User"

I'm sorry for all the question. . .I'm new to this whole phone thingy, I just want to make sure I get it right so I don't make mistakes.

Thank you in Advance.

PS
I am an Acer phone user, what kind of Android will you recommend?

At bolded, yes actually there are lots. For instance, the addiction to BBM that makes people chat while walking, driving, eating and defecating. grin grin grin
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by stewie(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2012
After 4years of consistent blackberry and Nokia use, I picked up my first Android OS phone last week. My choice The new Samsung Galaxy Ypro duo. Asides the unique features of touch-type and dual SIM functions, my rational for the pick was getting anywhere close to the QWERTY keys I almost can't do without (result of consistent BB use)

Interface is different, however unique. But it stands clear as much better in certain ways. From speed, to apps and the ever absence of hanging/freezing, one can't wonder why samsung is the second globally purchased phone and fasted growing mobile market today

1 Like

Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by Idrico(m): 4:42pm On May 30, 2012
Buy Galaxy Note and ur life will never be the same again.

1 Like

Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by bibe(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2012
well am a blackberry+android user, am using bold 9790+samsung galaxyS. i use the android mostly for multimedia purpose especially video when am travelling.
but i really wudnt recommend android device especially those of lower OS than ICS (i.e android 4.x) cos the are all not very efficient at managing resources especially battery life which is very significant when u use them for data purposes and also not that gud luking GUI-wise.
personally, i wanna switch to windows phone devices but since ur concerned about cost, i wud recommend the nokia 603. its priced at 35k while the galaxy s is around 48k. plus its got a comparable spec to the galaxy s. the only difference being the storage capacity as the galaxy s comes with 8gb inbuilt but 5.7gb user accessibility.
i hope this information helps.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by otumfour(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2012
Samsung wins the day grin grin grin grin

if u get money, make u holla @ the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Galaxy Note
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by drnoel: 5:50pm On May 30, 2012
best u buy a galaxy s3. I already had the s2 some months b4 the s3 came out and it looks like I would have to trade-in my s2 in place 4 the s3. I don´t think there is any need having the s2 when the s3 is out. OR what do u guys think?
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by duality(m): 6:07pm On May 30, 2012
get nokia 1100 na korrect droid be that.

1 Like

Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by NOIBMUUL(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2012
@bibe
Guess d samsung galaxy s is a good choice then. Thx
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 30, 2012
Can you just go for Sony Android Phones I use it and it is like Nokia... Fall down pick me.. I stand gidigba
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by Pakavy(m): 7:07pm On May 30, 2012
duality: get nokia 1100 na korrect droid be that.
wat r d specs,my great grandma is intrested.@op go 4 d s3,u wont regret it
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2012
@pakavy
My sef like beta thing oh but na money do ojoro. My budget is 50k max.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by mykali(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2012
the way people are talking about 'going for' the s3 like its a piece of cake...that phone is damn expensive

but i will prefer it anyday to another boring iPhone...gosh. that device makes me puke
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 30, 2012
NOIBMUUL: @pakavy
My sef like beta thing oh but na money do ojoro. My budget is 50k max.

Try galaxy ace, Sony Ericsson xperia arc, htc desire, optimus black, galaxy s. Xperia and optimus black can be upgraded to ics. Others with some rooting and tweaking could get ics working. Good luck
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2012
stewie: After 4years of consistent blackberry and Nokia use, I picked up my first Android OS phone last week. My choice The new Samsung Galaxy Ypro duo. Asides the unique features of touch-type and dual SIM functions, my rational for the pick was getting anywhere close to the QWERTY keys I almost can't do without (result of consistent BB use)

Interface is different, however unique. But it stands clear as much better in certain ways. From speed, to apps and the ever absence of hanging/freezing, one can't wonder why samsung is the second globally purchased phone and fasted growing mobile market today

The QWERTY keys + touchscreen + dual SIM functions also charmed me in buying the Y Pro Duos. The Samsung Mail apps makes alot of sense too while am also enjoying Skype, Google+, GTalk on the smartphone. My BB is now only for pinging and downloading.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by citee(m): 10:14pm On May 30, 2012
@poster for your budget I'd suggest you go for sonyericsson xperia neo v. It comes with android 2.3 which can be up-graded to 4.0. Am so loving this phone right now. Sonyericsson make a lot of quality even if under-stated phones.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by eiknarf14(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2012
I use a samsung galaxy note . . . really good, I must say . .
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:22pm On May 30, 2012
bibe: well am a blackberry+android user, am using bold 9790+samsung galaxyS. i use the android mostly for multimedia purpose especially video when am travelling.
but i really wudnt recommend android device especially those of lower OS than ICS (i.e android 4.x) cos the are all not very efficient at managing resources especially battery life which is very significant when u use them for data purposes and also not that gud luking GUI-wise.
personally, i wanna switch to windows phone devices but since ur concerned about cost, i wud recommend the nokia 603. its priced at 35k while the galaxy s is around 48k. plus its got a comparable spec to the galaxy s. the only difference being the storage capacity as the galaxy s comes with 8gb inbuilt but 5.7gb user accessibility.
i hope this information helps.

i beg to differ on you above point about android less than ICS not being good looking. I suppose you haven't come across much except the one u use. Else, can you tell me how ugly sony ericsson xperia range (pro, ray, arc etc) are gui-wise. They all run gingerbread and froyo in some cases yet there gui are slick and don't even get me talking about the HTC brands.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:25pm On May 30, 2012
citee: @poster for your budget I'd suggest you go for sonyericsson xperia neo v. It comes with android 2.3 which can be up-graded to 4.0. Am so loving this phone right now. Sonyericsson make a lot of quality even if under-stated phones.

seconded, a friend of mine has the xperia ray and am so in love with it. Even though it's older than the neo v.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by Nobody: 3:55am On May 31, 2012
After using the blackberry for a while I experienced a rush on picking the Htc 4G Evo android and since then, I haven't gone back to blackberry. Also the Samsung Galaxy tab is really fly.

Ideal android is the Htc 4G Evo.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by StarrMatthieu: 4:58am On May 31, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]They all run gingerbread and froyo in some cases yet there gui are slick and don't even get me talking about the HTC brands.
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by yomalex(m): 6:04am On May 31, 2012
@stewie @jidetheblogger how much did you get the y pro duos?
Re: Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? by segbas(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2012
Cine: Get the Nokia N9 16gb or 64gb...

It runs the Meego OS

But you can hack it to get a dual boot of either Meego or Android ICS.

I have an N9 64gb and will be hacking my this weekend.

Pls, is it possible to hack my Nokia5800 XpressMusic. If possible how do I it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AT&T Phone!!!! / What Was Your First Android Smartphone? / Twitter Rolls Out 280 Characters For Everyone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.