Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Root Most Lollipop Android Devices With Kingroot V4.8 Faqs Answered - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Root Most Lollipop Android Devices With Kingroot V4.8 Faqs Answered (967 Views)

TECNO Mobile To Release 3 New Devices With Oreo 8.1 Soon / Root Gionee M5 Mini Marshmallow 6.0 With Latest Kingroot 5.0.1 / Checkout Infinix Devices With The Best Battery Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Root Most Lollipop Android Devices With Kingroot V4.8 Faqs Answered by David4473: 11:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Kingroot just released a new version of their one-click root app to version 4.8.0, the latest version is said to be able to root most devices running on lollipop OS.

So... if you've been looking for a way to root your lollipop device, Kingroot V4.8 is the app to try out now, you have nothing to lose. Kingroot root requires an active internet to root your device successfully, although some people claims otherwise.

FAQs and Answers

What is Kingroot?
Kingroot is an app that allows you to root your Android device with just one click. Simply download and install the application on your device > launch > tap on the big green button in the landing page > wait for a minute or so > Rooted!

Does it need internet connection?
Yes! Although, some people claims that they've rooted countless numbers of devices with Kingroot without an internet connection. However it works for you, enjoy.

How do i replace the Kinguser app with Super Su?

Apparently, replacing the Kinguser app Super Su was impossible in the previous version. Fortunately,users can now replace it with Super Su and also get rid of the apps that might have been installed during the rooting process. To do this, follow the instructions below;

Download and install SuperSu-Me from here
Once the application is installed, launch it.
When launched, it'll request for Root permission, click on 'Allow' to continue
Once SuperSu-Me is fully launched, you'll see a large blue circle with an Android robot just like the one in Kingroot
Now, tap on the Android circle to begin the replacing process (This may take up to 30-50 seconds)
Once the process is completed, SuperSu will launch automatically
You'll then notice that Kinguser and every other apps that were installed on your device by Kingroot are no longer in your app drawer, and SuperSu installed.

You can then go ahead to verify that SuperSu is working perfectly by installing any Root checker app.

How do i unroot my device?

Firstly, uninstall Kingroot and every other apps associated with Kingroot except Kinguser
Now, launch Kinguser
In Kinguser, open the settings menu by tapping the settings icon at the top right corner of the screen
In the settings menu, tap on the Root authorization
In Root authorization menu, tap on remove root permission
Now, tap on 'clear' in the pop up that comes up to begin the unrooting process

Within a minute your device would be totally unrooted and Kinguser would be automatically uninstalled. In some cases after unrooting, Kinguser won't be automatically unistalled, in such cases rebooting your device should fix everything.
After rebooting your device, you can then go ahead and uninstall Kinguser like any other app, then reboot again to completely finish the process.

Full credit goes to Gates Junior, an xda developer for creating the SuperSu-Me app

I'm sure this post was helpful in one way or the other, show gratitude by sharing and subscribing to our blog feed.

Visit for the original post: http://mobiletechnstuffs..com.ng/2016/02/root-most-lollipop-android-devices-with.html
Re: Root Most Lollipop Android Devices With Kingroot V4.8 Faqs Answered by holadeindey(m): 7:30am On Feb 07, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Root Most Lollipop Android Devices With Kingroot V4.8 Faqs Answered by yerya: 7:27am On May 15, 2017
You can also use app such as https://kinguserapp.com

(1) (Reply)

See What Airtel Did To Me. / Huawei G Power / Recover iPhone Data Contacts After iOS 10 Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.