Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) (1862 Views)

Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu (picture) / Mad Woman Gives Birth To Twins In Public In Delta State / "Allow Them To Die" - Father Of Siamese Twins Plead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by omanifrank(m): 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mr. Andrew Musa, a Corporal with the Nigerian Police Force, Otukpo division could not believe what he saw when he was called upon by the hospital authority on Thursday, 1st August to make himself available at the maternity ward, where his wife, Mrs. Ene Musa Andrew had just given birth to a joined twin through cesarean operation.

It was gathered that the parents of the Siamese twins were astonished at the birth of what they described as a �strange being�. �There has never been any trace of this unfortunate and mysterious incident in either my family or my wife�s lineage.

I have only read or seen it happening in the western world as reported in newspapers and televisions, but never imagined it was coming to my domain.

Those were the only words Mr. Musa Andrew could mutter while standing perplexed and resting on the wall of Saint Daniels Hospital, Otukpo.

The Proprietor of Saint Daniels Hospital Otukpo, Dr. M.O. Daniel disclosed that the Siamese twin have four hands, three legs, two heads, two chests, two noses and possess the same pelvic girdle but joined together at the abdominal region with a shared female organ, with one having a healthy nutrient of surviving than the other.

Dr. Daniel further disclosed that the twins were eating well but it would be semblance situation if the parents were not kin at their treatment because it would require high-tech surgical operation outside Benue State.

The parents were also told that a lot of medical skills, energies and prayers were the only way out. �I have been encouraging and counseling the parents not to be discouraged or feel bad because these are living beings created and designed by Almighty God�, he added.

Dr. Daniel and the parents of the children are calling on the government, philanthropists, well-wishers, non- governmental organizations, motherless baby homes, Pastors, Imams and all well-meaning Nigerians to help them save the lives of their children.

Source: http://www..com/forum/showtopic.php?id=472

Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by smartmom(f): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
Oh dear, how sad! So this is coming so near home now? Lord have mercy!
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
How doctor wan take divide this one now? Chineke mere umu gi ebere! obu gi ni ka a ga akpokwa nke a? hmmm.... cry
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by baby124: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
lord have mercy. These cases always make me so sad. These children, what about their future? How can one be joined together physically with another person for life. sad. Even if they are twins. I always prefer when they have 4legs and 4arms and they are joined together in a way they can be separated and still look okay. sad sad sad cry
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by free2ryhme: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
perturbing undecided
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
What actually causes this Siamese births? Is there something some mothers shouldn't take during pregnancy? Abeg make una tell us biko! Provision is better than kiosk!!
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by juman(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hmmm, wonderful.

THE ABLE GOD.
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by EfemenaXY: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ohhhh...poor babies! embarassed

I'm no medical practitioner, but if they both share the same vital organs (which I suspect), then separating them is a no-no.

One pelvis? One female v.ag.inal?

Sad story sad
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by thorpido(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
berem: What actually causes this Siamese births? Is there something some mothers shouldn't take during pregnancy? Abeg make una tell us biko! Provision is better than kiosk!!
when a woman discovers she is pregnant,she should avoid taking just any drug.She should also avoid exposure to radiation.

However,the main cause of co-joined(siamese) twins is unknown.when a woman conceives,for identical twins,one fertilised ovum separates usually by the 12th day to form identical twins.If something goes wrong,the split is halted and becomes incomplete to form siamese twins.They share body parts as a result.

The twins in this picture seem to have just two legs and they are joined in the thorax which means they probably share vital organs.It doesn't seem their separation will be successful.
Re: Mother Gives Birth To Siamese Twins In Benue (pics) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
thorpido: when a woman discovers she is pregnant,she should avoid taking just any drug.She should also avoid exposure to radiation.

However,the main cause of co-joined(siamese) twins is unknown.when a woman conceives,for identical twins,one fertilised ovum separates usually by the 12th day to form identical twins.If something goes wrong,the split is halted and becomes incomplete to form siamese twins.They share body parts as a result.

The twins in this picture seem to have just two legs and they are joined in the thorax which means they probably share vital organs.It doesn't seem their separation will be successful.
hmmmm... na wa o! cry

(1) (Reply)

A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. / 4 Ways To Kill Your Husband, Boy Friend / Three Major Reasons Why Every Home Must Have A CCTV Camera.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.