Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

The RAP ARENA Rules . . Please Read - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / The RAP ARENA Rules . . Please Read (1264 Views)

Darkrebel's Ban From The Rap Battle Section On Nairaland. / Blood In The Arena Championship B.i.t.a.c Part One... Sign Up / ''lets Squash All The Rap Beef . We Want Peace In Rap Threads'' (2) (3) (4)

(1)

The RAP ARENA Rules . . Please Read by Shaz(f): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2008
Finally, the Rap Heads' prayers have been answered - we now have a Moderator, me. So there are some rules that have to be in place, first-and-foremost.

1. Always regard Nairaland's Rules and Regulations - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html

2. Avoid freeposting. There would be zero-tolerance concerning posts that were created to spite other members and off-topics would be removed to the Recycle Bin.

Then, there are other rules:

1. If you are new to this part of the forum, make an introductory thread to announce your presence. This is to make existing members cognizant of your presence on the forum. The thread would then be deleted by me after one week.

2. If you're going to vote on a battle

a. You must vote on all categories. You cannot add your own categories.

b. You must give a description of why you voted on each category. If it's only 3 cats. A small description would be fine just to filter out hate/privates riding votes.

3. If you're going to start a battle.

a. When you start the battle, everyone knows to state "House rules", "How many bars" so on and also state what the categories for the battle. No matter what, and the voters must stick to the cats for that battle or their votes will be deleted. If you do not state the categories for the battle your battle will not start. Simple as that.

b. If you do not callout your opponent and then start-up a thread on this forum, the battle will be deleted immediately.

c. You must check-in to battle thread before anyother thing.

d. Default Categories:
Punchlines
Personals
Flow
Wordplay
Nameplay
Multies
Entertainment

e. House Rules-

6 Bars Max
No Dickriding/Hate Votes
No Flipping, Biting, Recycling
First to 5 votes wins, 3-0=K.O. (4-1=T.K.O.)
Deadline is 48-hours after battle is set up.

f. Custom Rules:

Basically make up your own rules,

Bar limit must be given.
First to # of votes must be given.

Anything else you don't have to include,
however they will not be takin into effect.

g. Call Outs-

If your OPEN callout has not been accepted do not repost another OPEN callout.
Once it's accepted you may create another OPEN call out.
Multipl call outs are only permitted if they're to different emcee's.
NO callout to the same emcee consistently or simultaneously is necessary.

Miscellanous Rules

1. If voting for your battle stays open longer than 2 weeks it'll be closed with the winner being whose up in votes, if its a tie it'll be left open the next person to vote will decide the winner.

2. If your oppenent doesn't show up withing 2 weeks after your verse is posted they'll be automatically DQ'd no matter what excuse they give, they'll just have to call you out again.

3. Once the second verse is posted both verses can only be altered/fixed for a period of one hour, if their is proof that you edited the verse after the one hour time frame you will be DQ'd.

Above all, stay out of trouble - don't disrespect other members and try as much as possible to use Standard English in your posts. Also, NO DOUBLE POSTING OF TOPICS - search before you create one to avoid duplication.

Thank you for reading all of this. I hope this is lucid as can be. If you have any questions or additions, post them below. Thanks.

UPDATE: PLS READ. ZERO_TOLERANCE OF FREEPOSTING. THIS IS INORDER BATTLES TO MAKE THE BATTLE VERSES EASIER TO VIEW INSTEAD OF READING OFF-POINTS AND LOSING INTEREST IN THE VERSES THEMSELVES. ANY OFF-TOPIC POST WILL BE SEVERED. THANKS.
Re: The RAP ARENA Rules . . Please Read by Crude(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2008
That's why the love i have for u never decline Shaz,. . . . . . .Erm. . . . .i've got a question, begging for answer. what about those peeps who hav'nt felt parenthal love in their entire life, and now think insulting other peeps parents will heal them of there parentless agony. . . .watcha gon' do 'bout 'em (Pardon me if i sound disrespectful)

Thanx.
Re: The RAP ARENA Rules . . Please Read by Shaz(f): 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2009
Crude, ask them to see a counsellor, I'm just a mod wink

[center]@ALL, Please only relevant things should be posted here, thanks a bunch.[/center]

(1)

. / ¤ ¤ ¤ Sunday Special: Thepunisher VS Illverbz ¤ ¤ ¤ / You Gat Beef With Sleakid? Drop It Here And Get An Instant Reply.... Hardcore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.