Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

For Those Going Through A Tough Time - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / For Those Going Through A Tough Time (5037 Views)

Do We Really Worship An Almighty God? (tough Questions For Tbaba) / It Is Tough Being A Girl! / A Tough Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Going Through A Tough Time by tbaba1234: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
I am sharing this ayah for those going through tough times. I was motivated to write this by a comment i saw from a sister.

So here goes:

The ayah comes from Surah At-Taghabun. Ayah 11.

Allah says:

مَا أَصَابَ مِن مُّصِيبَةٍ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَمَن يُؤْمِن بِاللَّهِ يَهْدِ قَلْبَهُ وَاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ﴿١١

Ma asaba min museebatin illa biithni Allahi waman yumin biAllahi yahdi qalbahu waAllahu bikulli shayin AAaleemun

(roughly translated: Oxford translation) Misfortunes can only happen with God’s permission ––He will guide the heart of anyone who believes in Him: God knows all things (Surah 64:11)

Ma asaba min museebatin illa biithni Allahi - No calamity/misfortune of any kind ever strikes you except by permission of Allah.

museebatin is calamity or misfortune. Asaba in arabic also means a target. Allah is telling us that whatever happens to you is meant for you. It is specifically targeted for you. That difficulty, you are going through hit its target. Allah is telling you that whatever happens to you good or bad is by the permission of Allah. As muslims, we are always pleased with the will of Allah whether we are suffering as a result or overjoyed by it. That is the consequence of accepting Allah as master.

Difficulties are a test of our faith. Many people find it difficult keeping their faith in difficult times.

So Allah says:

waman yumin biAllahi

And whoever believes in Allah

Allah says that if you maintain your faith in times of difficulties, when the days are tough. This is the time people start questioning God. Why would God do this to me? Allah makes a promise to those who maintain their faith when calamity strikes.

Allah says, ‘whoever can maintain their eman during calamity,’

Yahdi Qalbahu

He will guide his heart

SubhanAllah..

Allah says that if you keep your belief in Him in difficult times. He will guide your heart. The most valuable thing in the world is guidance, Allah guarantees guidance to the one who maintains faith in Allah in times of difficulty. The pain of difficulties and calamities are felt in the heart, Allah will remove that pain. Allah will guide his heart. It is such an incredible statement. Allah will guide his emotions, Allah will guide his dhikr.

Allah will gift the person who remains strong in faith in times of difficulty the gift of firm, strong Iman.

Then Allah ends the Ayah:

waAllahu bikulli shayin AAaleemun

God knows all things

Allah knows, it is hard. Allah knows, that you cry... Allah knows that some days are tough. Allah knows the difficulties you face.. Know that Allah knows everything. He is testing you with it. Keep firm in your belief in Him and you will be blessed with a guided heart. Allah will give you guidance deep in your heart.

Assalam Aleikum.
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Wonderful piece, Masha Allah. We as human beings need to be reminded. We know these but some days we become very weak. I purposely didn't delete my other post to remind myself that at times I get overwhelmed, even though I know that all that's happening is a trial from Allah. The people before us went through trials, our parents had theirs and those after us will have theirs.
Allah doesn't give more than we can bear.
May Allah guide our heart and ease our affairs. Amin
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by tbaba1234: 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
^Ameen
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 10, 2013
tnks tbaba for this reminder.jazakumu lahu khayran.can't just keep d tears off while readind.May Allah grant us rahmah and make the acceptance of our du'a be now.'after every difficulty comes ease'.Alhamdulillah,the promise of our Lord is true,so sisters lets have faith for the time of ease has come mashaAllah
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by lanrexlan(m): 7:53am On Aug 10, 2013
Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:155- And certainly,We shall test you with something of fear,hunger,loss of wealth,lives and fruits but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun(the patient).
Surah Al-Baqarah 2:214-.....When will the help of Allah comes? Yes! Certainly,the help of ALLAH is near.
Thanks for the reminder,Jazakumullah Khairan.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by AbdH: 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
Just because of trying times, many have changed their religion, yet they meet worse wherever they go. This ayah you have brought amongst other similar verses is a reminder that our faith will always be tested by Allah and that we need patience and prayer to overcome them and not another religion.
Jazakumullahu for this post.
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by tunde1200(m): 10:00am On Aug 11, 2013
Alhamdulillah

jazakumu lahu khayran

indeed God knows all things...
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
@tbaba..jazakallahu kahairan! Alhamdulillah we r muslims,its d greatest gift Allah has given us!! Ya Allah thank you.
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
I thought we had a questions thread, but do not see it. I have a question for tbaba and everyone. Anyone can make a thread if they wish, don't want to personally do it.

This is my question.
I am fasting my make up Ramadan fast and sita Shawwal. I have read that you cam combine intentions (if i have 13 make up fast, combine intention with sita shawwal, only 7 fasts left) and some say you can't combine intention and fast(have to do them separately).
I have read articles on both sides, they seem to be fiqh not shariah, so it seems there are different opinions. Combining intentions and fast might be the easiest thing, but is it right?
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by lanrexlan(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
Beloved1993: I thought we had a questions thread, but do not see it. I have a question for tbaba and everyone. Anyone can make a thread if they wish, don't want to personally do it.

This is my question.
I am fasting my make up Ramadan fast and sita Shawwal. I have read that you cam combine intentions (if i have 13 make up fast, combine intention with sita shawwal, only 7 fasts left) and some say you can't combine intention and fast(have to do them separately).
I have read articles on both sides, they seem to be fiqh not shariah, so it seems there are different opinions. Combining intentions and fast might be the easiest thing, but is it right?
www.nairaland.com/1242169/ask-questions-islam-muslims-here
You can ask your question here.
Re: For Those Going Through A Tough Time by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 13, 2013
Thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Ex-muslim Tell Why They Left Islam / Qur'an: Human Rights, Freedom & Equity / Michael Jackson, Islam & The Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.