Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud (8595 Views)

Two Arrested For $50,000 Internet Fraud (photo) / Man Jailed 5 Years For Setting Pregnant Woman Ablaze; Photo / Blessing Effiong Has Been In Detention For 4 Years Over Phone Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by U1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2008
sheniqua:

thousand only?
what are you talking
we get about 10 thousand or more on nairaland alone
extrapolate for a population of 130 million.
the real figure is mind boggling

Don't mind me, I was only trying to be diplomatic about the figure. shocked grin
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by revenge(m): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2008
na wa oooo, the man no smart , LMAO, ok
some bad belle peole for nairaland dey here ooooo, make man to survive b4 as naija hard na
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by dee02(m): 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2008
toyinrayo:

@dee02
Have you been jailed before? shocked shocked confess o

grin
Dem neva jail me b4 oo and i neva near prison
U know me i dey always yarn true true ooo
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2008
dee02:

grin
Dem never jail me before oo and i never near prison
You know me i dey always yarn true true ooo
always? lipsrsealed true true? lipsrsealed
Talo n paro fun? wink
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by dee02(m): 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2008
toyinrayo:

always? lipsrsealed true true? lipsrsealed
Talo n paro fun? wink

mi o paro now
gentle man ni mi! grin
no katakata
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2008
dee02:

mi o paro now
gentle man ni mi! grin
no katakata
eh en! so wetin be that "Yoruba" website you gave me eh?
Hiss
abi, se Lady ni nisiyi?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . .anywaz, back to topic wink
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by dee02(m): 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2008
toyinrayo:

eh en! so wetin be that "Yoruba" website you gave me eh?
Hiss
abi, se Lady ni nisiyi?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . .anywaz, back to topic wink

grin
no be my fault, them set me up, me sef come set u up!
haha
nice one cool
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by nazzyon(m): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2008
Criminal acts cannot be curbed.

There are lots of cons out there and cannot be touched because they are much more brilliant.

And they advance as the matters gets tougher. It will turn to survival of the fittest and by then they will target big tycoons and  firms.

It is just the begining.

Every country has its odds but you hardly hear of them. Internet fraud cannot be stopped no matter how improved security features.

No matter how perfected the systems are, there are always those who can beat the system.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by jay8ers: 2:04am On Jun 04, 2008
9ja systems
--------------
The more you steal the better for you,

So you can afford the services of S.A.N

The less you steal the worse for u.

Once you can't employ the services of S.A.N

LoL, bita truth.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by lobinoxebe(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2008
Builder:

Poor guy, How come he duped some stupid Europeans and got jail term for it,  whatever happened to the Europeans, since they were in the deal

together afterall it takes two to tango .

OBJ and Co were given immunities, chieftancy titles, made managing directors, Church trustees( yes church trustee) etc  for duping their fellow

nigerians, it kindda seems to me that  its quite cool, classic and  it opens doors of opportunity for nigerians to dupe nigerians but prison term for duping

Europeans

somebody have to be the scape goat,
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by amaikama(m): 8:33am On Jun 04, 2008
It just unfortunate it the lower citizen been axed by the law and the elite go scorn free with their evil under the sun. cry
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by benincitys(f): 9:11am On Jun 04, 2008
this people should live in jail all they life , we have more than 20 spam everyday good for him , i am sure some people learn some thing from this.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by landis(m): 9:18am On Jun 04, 2008
benincitys:

this people should live in jail all they life , we have more than 20 spam everyday good for him , i am sure some people learn some thing from this.

and you say you live in German
lipsrsealed cool lipsrsealed

In same Germany, where you live, a guy killed about 5 people, he got only 7yrs and you want this guy with ATTEMPTED FRAUD to go life imprisonment??

No wonder WEST treat us like we treat ourselves.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by chiegemba(f): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2008
amaikama:

It just unfortunate it the lower citizen been axed by the law and the elite go scorn free with their evil under the sun. cry
Nah! nothin like lower or elite besides d lower becomes elite if not higher in future undecided. . . Besides 6yrs isnt enough time 4 him sef. . tryin 2 rip people off dere hard earned money. . . angry where is d conscience Anyways probably as he serves his time in jail he wld think twice of rippin off some1 again . . . hopefully he refrains 4rm dis ridiculous act and not become elite" or higher sef wink
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by SENATORJD(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2008
landis:

and you say you live in German
lipsrsealed cool lipsrsealed
In same Germany, where you live, a guy killed about 5 people, he got only 7yrs and you want this guy with ATTEMPTED FRAUD to go life imprisonment??
No wonder WEST treat us like we treat ourselves.
dnt mind the guy, a murderer of 5,7yrs a fraudster life?he has got to be kidding, does he realize the charge that should have followed on each person the guy killed?
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by favcom(m): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2008
Six years for 'attempted' fraud shocked shocked shocked
What then happens if he actually did it
Law sef na wa o cool
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by NaijaEcash(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2008
It is true that it is the poor criminals that get caught and jailed. The big ones get excused and receive chieftancy titles as illustrious sons.
I have no pity for the man jailed, he got what he asked for. However, I would have love the so called victims tried too, because they too may have engaged in some form of criminal activities during their dealings with him. It takes a "418" to get scammed by a "419".
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by krisunion: 11:56am On Jun 04, 2008
Na wa 4 u O, lalaboy, you call dat one resitting secondary school?

On a serious note, what happened to the rave of the moment, Sen, Iyabo Obasanjo Bello? Is she not walking scot free today?

Wetin dem fit do am? Where is the judiciary?
Though, crime na crime, weda small or big, but no body should be above the law.

All the others wey don commit weda in the past or present should be made to dance the music of the crime they've committed. Shikene!
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by hayo(m): 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2008
Please check this website - http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm
U might see some faces u know there (lol)

Na wa ,
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2008
Thief

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2008
Barawo

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2008
Thieving Bush girl

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2008
Thief dey pose

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by shawn123: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2008
Its amazing that alot of guys here are not pleased by this judgement. True our politicians are bigger thieves, but this young yahoo boys are the future politicians. If you dont curb them now, then there will be absolutely no hope for the future. Young professionals are taking over the world everywhere, so this generation matter alot to the future of any country. Please let them all be caught, anyone smart enough to write those interesting fraund letters can get a job. Ghana, Libya, Cameroun, Niger, Chad, Togo, all these countries around us have poorer people and economy yet they are not as curropt as Nigerians. This makes me doubt that poverty is the cause of fraud in Nigeria. Its plain greed.
All these poor African countries, and few of them go into yahoo but Nigeria. Nigerians and plain greedy people thats all
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by hayo(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2008
@ Shawn123
Are they really smart? Most of the letters are remixed versions smiley
If u still doubt their stupidity , go to http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm
It is sad sad n sad
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by shawn123: 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2008
@hamo
wow, Only God can help us. Its soo sad, how our people think, pathetic indeed. cry
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2008
if you use a cybercafe, you will be shocked at the ages of some of these internet fraudsters.

i have seen men who cannot be less than 40, sending out scam mails. one was with his five (or thereabouts)year old daughter

there was this day, a fellow was ranting at the top of his voice about the niger delta, theving nigerian politicans etc, etc, all the while he was doing this, he was running an emaiol extractor and sending out a variation of the 'atm details' scam mail. so whats the difference between that thief and our politicians

so many of us complain about nigeria, and our leaders, but what about us? 90% of us would do the same if we were in those positions. you want to change the country - start with yourself.

everyone blathering about the harshness of the punishment, well - everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. people need to learn that their actions will have consequences.
unfortunately, this will not deter the growing horde of yahoo yahoo boys.

people blather about how the country is hard - ghandi once said - there is enough for everyone's need, but not everyone's greed.

its not about the economic situation in the country, but the nigerian obssession with wealth ( the faster the better) and the need to oppress less sucessful people. i'm a stingy fella, and i get into all sorts of grief from my colleagues at work for my relucatance to er be 'a big boy'.

thats what 419 is about the pursit of overnight big boy. its just so sad that there are so few genuine role models in this country, and pricks like dele momodu celebtare national; scoundrels in soft sell magazines.

my rant for today
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by shawn123: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2008
@oyb
You have just analysed Nigerians and Nigeria in such few words and you are soo damn right. It is exaclty what is going on. Everybody shouts government. Its been Government for the last 50 years and we have learnt to put the blame on Government all the time. I begin to wonder, who is the government? they are just people like me and you that get political positions. We have to learn to do the right thing, thats just it.

You know something funny happened last week to a couple of my friends, they went to this joint in Abuja and after eating their snacks and drinks, they just dumped the foil and paper on the floor, at that instant a white lady was passing by and without saying a word to them and mumbling this is not good, not good at all to herself, she packed all the trash and put them in a bin. can you imagine, a non Nigerian doing this for Nigeria. Would you imaging if half on Nigeria thought like her what the country would look like? I hope some day we would learn to campaign to do the right thing by starting with ourselves rather than sit down, do nothing and comfortably blame Government. undecided
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2008
Victims should be punished too for trying to reap where they did not sow. If people stop responding to these emails, yahoo boys/girls will automatically be out of job! Personally, I think victims should be handed lengthy jail terms.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by rasputinn(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2008
Wonder,wonder wonder wonder wonder
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by tngtech(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2008
A skate goat for those doing YAHOO YAHOO.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by favcom(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2008
rasputinn:

Wonder,wonder wonder wonder wonder

Guy, hope u've paid royalty to Femi Kuti sha? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 2 With 2.615kg Cocaine In Ceramics, Buttons At MMIA / Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading / 8 South African Police Officers Docked Over Alleged Murder Of Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.