Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud (8596 Views)

Two Arrested For $50,000 Internet Fraud (photo) / Man Jailed 5 Years For Setting Pregnant Woman Ablaze; Photo / Blessing Effiong Has Been In Detention For 4 Years Over Phone Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by favcom(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2008
@ tngtech
It's not skate goat - it's scapegoat cool
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by alex406(m): 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2008
When will crime stop posing its head in Nigeria,well i dont think i will blame the so called robbers who hardly can afford 3 square meal a day,which makes them find a better way of sustaining their life by going into such act.Is there any way these act can be curbed in Nigeria?No is my answer why? Not even our leaders are criminal free handed, Check this out,
http://www.tribune.com.ng/03062008/crime.html
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by royalicon(m): 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2008
Congratulations! Six years in prison.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2008
Ibo hmm hmm.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2008
The yoruba and ibo people have succeded in tarnishing Nigerias image patapata. I'm calling on other tribes to come together and see what we can do to elevate Nigeria again and take it away from the hands of these two tribes that is the cause of our woes.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Dextiny(f): 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2008
Na wa ooooooooooooh, cry cry cry cry
What abt baba Ota and the
rest of them that has succeeded already,
How many years go bi their own? angry angry angry angry
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2008
millions of northerners and idomas are experts around the world ma guy just that we dont make so much noise like ibo and yoruba people. dan gote is #1.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2008
Real Barawo

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2008
Jaguda

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2008
Guys in picture look ibo and yoruba to me.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2008
Most of those Nigerian prostitutes in Europe are neither Igbo or Yoruba
Most of those who spoilt our economy with their ranka dede mentality and mismanagement are neither Igbo nor Yoruba
Most of those in customs who collect bribes and let people bring in fake goods are northerners
There is no proof to this claim because you dont have the names of all the ashawo in europe and las vegas. Our economy was spoilt by yoruba drug peddlers and 419 that bring in excess money to the economy that caused the inflation, ibo's that have the ability to defraud another nation, remember that ibos defrauded mamman gadaffi, Ghana(arthur Nzeribe), Brazillian bank, central bank of malta etc. because of that, nobody wants to do business with us again. If the northerners collect bribe at the customs, it's because they couldnt beat the ibos that bring all these at the check point and let themselves be corrupted by those ibos. I think the rest of us Nigerians needs a comprehensive apology from Ibos and Yorubas. When we will get it is not known yet.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by smol(m): 4:14am On Jun 06, 2008
@MallamMusa
i really do not want to type anything that will hurt your personality, but the comment you made is of a racist nature. what happened to Nigeria when Abacha and Babangida ruled the land-corruption and crimes against humanity, and you dare comment such rubbish. how many Hausas go to school, all they do is join the military where no basic skill is needed. if not for the corruption (which was first stirred up by the hausas) you northerners will be no where in the history and economy of Nigeria. what does your desert lands even add to the economy of Nigeria, what do you produce that is of any significance. please think wisely before you make such pernicious comments.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 4:23am On Jun 06, 2008
@
MallamMusa
i really do not want to type anything that will hurt your personality, but the comment you made is of a[b] racist[/b] nature. what happened to Nigeria when Abacha and Babangida ruled the land-corruption and crimes against humanity, and you dare comment such rubbish. how many Hausas go to school, all they do is join the military where no basic skill is needed
you mean tribalist? hausas has never been the problem in nigeria. left for them, nigeria would have been  a noble nation like lesotho, ghana or switzerland by now. they are loving and easy going. check the status of your ibo and yoruba brothers on the crime syndicte list and be the judge. How many of them there are hausas,urhobos or ijaws?
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 06, 2008
Nigerians are so quick to forgetting history. How can you write Nigerian 419 history without mentioning the founder.

IBB; a northerner was the one that institutionalized corruption and 419 in Nigeria.
When you mention Nzeribe and defrauding Libya and Gaddafi; don't forget it was planned and perfected by the grand 419 master himself; IBB.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by landis(m): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2008
You guys should stop responding to ' racist' remarks.

You only help fuel RACISM, it is not constructive.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2008
There was no proof that IBB had a hand in the highest 419 perpetrated by the ibos against Momman gadaffi. Arthur Nzeribe did his own too to the ghananian govt and no wonder he's richer than cameroun,ghana and cote divoire. IBB and Abacha are just two bad eggs out of millions, check your bros now, Ezego, Adedibu, Ade Bendel, Fred ajudua,Omisore, Nzeribe stc
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MallamMusa: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2008
@ tngtech
It's not skate goat - it's scapegoat

Roflmbao
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by benincitys(f): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2008
landis maybe you are one of them , where did you get that news from? 5people kill and get 7years prison that is not true, those yahoo boys and girls did you know how many people they kill by reaping them off ? many people dead from it too so they deserve to stay in prison all they life for reap where they did not sow, we have to stop this bad act is not giving us good name and is not going to lead us anywhere. kiss
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by oge4real(f): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2008
that is a very refreshing news indeed.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by MethodMan3(m): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2008
serves him right!
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by TCUBE(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2008
good job. i think he derserved more
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by brizmaleti: 1:29am On Jun 09, 2008
Na wa oo, no b small thing oooo, this world is turning to something else, plus d yahoo yahoo boy and the oyinbo, 2 of theif, a contented person i tink would not fall for scam, and as for the small boy in jail, wat a pity, waiting for obj and his crew next,
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by smol(m): 2:31am On Jun 09, 2008
brizmaleti:

Na wa oo, no b small thing oooo, this world is turning to something else, plus d yahoo yahoo boy and the oyinbo, 2 of theif, a contented person i think would not fall for scam, and as for the small boy in jail, what a pity, waiting for obj and his crew next,

Obj and his crew? mehn! that will never happen even in your wildest dreams.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by brizmaleti: 3:29am On Jun 09, 2008
well, if this top people cannot be put to justice, then its such a big shame, i feel for them, , as for yahoo, not a good business at alll, but no hatred for those in it, any white man that falls for scam is definately a thief too, thief jam thief na im b dis case oo, if them punish scammer, oyinbo sef suppose collect him own punishment for wanting to be next of kin for money wey im family no get
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 4:24am On Jun 09, 2008
Who's bringing tribe into this? As if others care if you're Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. In their eyes we are all Nigerians. Please you thieves should stop disgracing us.

@topic

I am not bothered by the amount of years he got. A thief deserves whatever he gets.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by kempo(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2008
Hmmmmm. Please Nigerians let us be realistic for ones. Let us not crucify these victims. The man who every one knows (IBB) legalised this Yahoo rbiz is alife today and no body talks about it. OBJ who stole billions from us is still alife and the so called Judges are still beating abvout the bush, What of Iyabo, Atiku, and so many others. It seam law is for the poor. Those greedy idiots that fall victims are to be blamed
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by emmydee(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2008
All the time, Nigerian authorities get it all wrong.For just an attempt to defraud, 6 whole years? How many years did Alamesiagha get, what about Tafa, Now el Rufai and others, what about the governors. Please lets do the right things first. Internet fraud is well below our priority at this time. The judiciary and the law enforcement agencies should call a spade a spade! Why do we keep deceiving ourselves.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by kempo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2008
Hmmmmm. Please Nigerians let us be realistic for ones. Let us not crucify these victims. The man who every one knows

(IBB) legalised this Yahoo biz is alive today and no body talks about it. OBJ who stole billions from us is still living and

the

so called Judges are still beating about the bush, What of Iyabo, Atiku, and so many others. It seam law is for the

poor. Those greedy idiots that fall victims are to be blamed. If you watch it closely, most international 419 involves

those greedy oyibo wey be fraudsters too.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by smol(m): 4:27am On Jun 10, 2008
emmydee:

All the time, Nigerian authorities get it all wrong.For just an attempt to defraud, 6 whole years? How many years did Alamesiagha get, what about Tafa, Now el Rufai and others, what about the governors. Please lets do the right things first. Internet fraud is well below our priority at this time. The judiciary and the law enforcement agencies should call a spade a spade! Why do we keep deceiving ourselves.

guy all those people you are calling are above the law. call names of people who are below the law. tongue
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by 2Legit: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2008
if de guy do 419 e don commit offence. make him go jail
but y dem no carry the oyibo join am? the oyibo sef na thief wey want make money belonging to anoda person
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by BTT(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2008
This is beautiful news!

I naively posted my email on Nairaland. And because it carries my orgnisation, i nearly fainted with scam mails from all sorts of Peter Greens, Allan Clusters, Rev. Vglog Von whatevers! until a friend interrogated me and we had to go back to edit the post.

Too, if u c what these guys are doin at the cafes, u will pity the future of our corporate image as Nigerians.

Its a cancer! ,
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by smol(m): 2:28am On Jun 11, 2008
BTT:

This is beautiful news!

I naively posted my email on Nairaland. And because it carries my orgnisation, i nearly fainted with scam mails from all sorts of Peter Greens, Allan Clusters, Rev. Vglog Von whatevers! until a friend interrogated me and we had to go back to edit the post.

Too, if u c what these guys are doin at the cafes, u will pity the future of our corporate image as Nigerians.

Its a cancer! ,

Cancer has no cure so why are we trying to shoot ourselves in the foot over the whole thing? to rid this thing it must start from the top (but how possible is that)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 2 With 2.615kg Cocaine In Ceramics, Buttons At MMIA / Sheikh Gumi: Report Of My Brother’s Kidnap Mischievous, Misleading / 8 South African Police Officers Docked Over Alleged Murder Of Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.