Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE (7283 Views)

FG working “silently” to resolve herdsmen/farmers clashes – Lai Mohammed / Ibe Kachiukwu Assumes Office As Minister Of State For Petroleum Resources (Photo / Apc’s Prince Audu Answers The 11 Billion Naira Question: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by docokwy(m): 2:43am On Aug 12, 2013
Gregory University to Rank Among World Best -Ibe

Photo

Dr Gregory Ibe is a renowned businessman, erudite academic and Proprietor of Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State. In this encounter with Anacletus Anyanwuocha and Timothy Akingboye in Abuja, the Abia state-born technocrat urged the Federal government to support private institutions in the country in order to address the vexed sues of high cost and quality of tertiary education in Nigeria. He also touched on other issues of national interest. Excerpts:

My name is Dr. Gregory Ibe, the Proprietor and Chancellor of Gregory University, Uturu. I am also the President of Gregory Iyke Foundation, to which the university belongs.
On the maiden edition of the University's matriculation.
I am a lecturer; I used to teach in Abia state University. There is something I normally ask my students: what is the definition of an achievement and many of them would come with different answers. But for me; “achievement is equal to talent plus preparation.” We are going into matriculation because God is blessing our dream and passion, according to what He wants us to do.

Challenges
The only challenge is the hurdle you create for yourself as a man; anybody without challenges would be tired and die off. The only happiness I have as a person is the challenge I create for myself, which is what gives me joy. It is when I look at those challenges that I start to think of how to maneuver, how to get over it. Those things are the intrigues that make a man. The intrigue a woman passes through when she has conceived up to the point of delivery is what makes that pregnancy interesting. After few months, if you give her another opportunity, she would like to be pregnant again and still go through those intrigues that give her the challenges of bearing a child.

Number of matriculating students and courses the institution is offering now.
My dream and passion to contribute to this sector is taking and draining every aspect of me. Creating that intrigue, I have to go to United States, interviewed more than seventy professors of Nigerian origin. I took professor of economics from More House in Atlanta, Professor Juliet Elu, who is the immediate past President of Association of United States of America and brought her to be Vice-Chancellor. Now, somebody would ask, where are you getting the money from? It is not that I have the money but I said we would navigate out of it; why did I go this far, because I want our products and our university to be comparable to that which obtains in the American system.
Today, we have over four affiliates in US with four universities; we are doing what we call Students Exchange Program; Faculty Exchange Program, Collaboration and Entrepreneurship Programme with business start-up. This summer, lecturers from United States would be in Uturu to share ideas with our lecturers and get our students involved in researchable activities. For example, we have already agreed with other universities that are doing graduate programme to have our graduates work with them at Masters Level and I got appreciable and wonderful collaborative effort.
Moreover, in this university, the approval we got from NUC is to run three colleges; we have the Humanities, we have the Social and Management Sciences as well as Human and Applied Sciences. So we have about twenty four programmes for the eighty five students that we have right now. There are some that did Post UME which we are expecting to resume on or before matriculation, scheduled for 9th of February, 2013, and by the time they resume, we would give them more tutoring in compliance with the law of NUC which stipulates that you must have done sixteen to eighteen weeks of class work before doing examination.

How affordable is the tuition fee?
Private ownership is by name, all that we are doing is service to humanity; provide job for the people, both academic and non-academic. We are helping for the development of the nation, when you pay salaries; you are developing man-power. The nomenclature of someone being the Proprietor or Chancellor is completely out of the way. What the government ought to do is to give grant to anyone who is moving into this kind of business so that tuition will be free. For example, what is the essence of charging N350,000 per student and there is no electricity and you burn N6m monthly on diesel, excluding salaries that worth N11m monthly? You consider the wear and tear of the vehicle and its maintenance, putting mechanicals to work, buying computer accessories such as printers and its inks and running the system. So, if you do minimum amount of N22m a month and run it for twelve months, you will discover that you can never recoup any more. It is only passion that drives some of us to do what we are doing.

http://globalparagonmagazine.com/Gregory%20_University.html
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by docokwy(m): 2:44am On Aug 12, 2013
sssssss
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 2:57am On Aug 12, 2013
Gregory University Uturu, Abia State
Chief Gregory Ibe, Ph.D.
Chancellor/Proprietor

http://gregoryuniversity.com/

Interesting. I was recently watching some of his photos on facebook

The guy is heavy into Engineering and Medicine, and his institution when fully on stream,will pioneer medical simulation in Nigeria, with strong institutional collaboration with US partners, as indicated here

Gregory University in Uturu, Abia State, Nigeria is working on introducing simulation as a way of training medical students when it starts offering medicine by the end of the year. Gregory University would be the first of Nigeria's 123 universities to pioneer this method of teaching in that country.

http://halldale.com/news/medical/gregory-university-pioneers-medical-simulation-nigeria#.UghBDm3W41I

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:00am On Aug 12, 2013
More on Gregory Uni Uturu

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:02am On Aug 12, 2013
Still building

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:05am On Aug 12, 2013
More

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:09am On Aug 12, 2013
Time for Igbos to start working in the SE and stop talking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by Nebeuwa(m): 3:09am On Aug 12, 2013
This is nice!

We need more people like him not just in Igboland, but throughout Africa.
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:11am On Aug 12, 2013
Massive Academic Staff Recruitment at Gregory University, Uturu - 161 Positions

http://www./hotjobs/15620/massive-academic-staff-recruitment-at-gregory-univ.html
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:13am On Aug 12, 2013

GUU Photo Gallery

GUU names Auditorium after President Goodluck Jonathan,GCFR

Liberian Vice President visits GUU

GUU Biology Lab. named after the late Prof. Celestine Onwuliri
Igbo Uturu Cultural Carnival Unveils World’s Tallest Masquerade.

GUU Maiden Matriculation

Songhai Farm

http://gregoryuniversity.com/guu-photo-gallary/
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:15am On Aug 12, 2013
Governining Council

PRO-CHANCELLOR/CHAIRMAN OF COUNCIL

Rev. Fr. (Prof.) Godfrey Nzamujo Chairman

VICE-CHANCELLOR

· Prof. J. U. Elu

OTHER MEMBERS

· Prof. V. I. Imo – Deputy Vice-Chancellor

· Prof. C. Ogbulogo

· Prof (Mrs) A. Okwudishu

· Prof. O. C. Onwudike

· Prof. M. O. Iwe

· Prof. V. Nwachukwu

· Dr. C. Maduekwe

· Dr. (Mrs) R. Nwangwu

· Engr. C. S. Madueke

· Surv. I. S. Eze

· Mrs. N. Nzeakor

· Chief C. Eneh

· HRH Eze U. Ogbonnaya

· Arch. Bola Balogun – Rep NUC

REGISTRAR/SECRETARY TO COUNCIL

· Dr. A. N. Orisakwe

http://gregoryuniversity.com/about-us/governining-council/
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:16am On Aug 12, 2013
BTW, the

Is the Founder and Owner of Songhai Farms in Benin Republic (AKA Cotonou)
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by Rhino5dm: 3:18am On Aug 12, 2013
[size=28pt]What is this? A university or primary school?? [/size]

compare this face me I face you, with this. . .

1 Like

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:22am On Aug 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
[size=28pt]What is this? A university or primary school?? [/size]

compare this face me I face you, with this. . .

GUU is still work in progress

And please stop your silly comparisons. You guys bring tribalism into every bit of topic raised here. You have not seen the words SW or Yoruba in this thread, have you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:27am On Aug 12, 2013
Work in progress: Senate Building, staff/student quarters, auditorium

1 Like

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by Rhino5dm: 3:28am On Aug 12, 2013
Chris-OD:

GUU is still work in progress

And please stop your silly comparisons. You guys bring tribalism into every bit of topic raised here. You have not seen the words SW or Yoruba in this thread, have you?

If you believe that shittyy pictures you posted is university, then you need to see a shrink ASAP. Two bedrooms flat converted to university? Only in ibo land.
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:32am On Aug 12, 2013
Int’l Affiliations

Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, USA

http://gregoryuniversity.com/intl-affiliations/
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by plaindealer: 3:41am On Aug 12, 2013
Looks very crude and make shift for a university and place of higher learning. I don't see any student leaving this place with standard and quality education.
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:46am On Aug 12, 2013
^^^^^^
Yoruba, doing what they know best: hate on Igbos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by MaximusDMeridux: 3:49am On Aug 12, 2013
Chris-OD:
Governining Council

VICE-CHANCELLOR

· Prof. J. U. Elu

OTHER MEMBERS

· Prof. V. I. Imo – Deputy Vice-Chancellor

· Prof. C. Ogbulogo

· Prof (Mrs) A. Okwudishu

· Prof. O. C. Onwudike

· Prof. M. O. Iwe

· Prof. V. Nwachukwu

· Dr. C. Maduekwe

· Dr. (Mrs) R. Nwangwu

· Engr. C. S. Madueke

· Surv. I. S. Eze

· Mrs. N. Nzeakor

· Chief C. Eneh

· HRH Eze U. Ogbonnaya

· Arch. Bola Balogun – Rep NUC

REGISTRAR/SECRETARY TO COUNCIL

· Dr. A. N. Orisakwe

http://gregoryuniversity.com/about-us/governining-council/

LOL...see all of them are ibos! This is how ibos want to have their own things to themselves ALONE but share in the thing of others! We will get rid of you anyway, out of all our universities and public service!
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 3:51am On Aug 12, 2013
MaximusDMeridux:

LOL...see all of them are ibos! This is how ibos want to have their own things to themselves ALONE but share in the thing of others! We will get rid of you anyway, out of all our universities and public service!

Can you post a Yoruba-owned private university in Yorubaland where Igbos are included in the GC?

Even the church-owned ones where Igbos make up a huge %, they are excluded.

Besides, the first name on the list is not Igbo, neither the second to the last name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by Ikengawo: 3:53am On Aug 12, 2013
yorubas are obsessed with igbos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by MaximusDMeridux: 4:21am On Aug 12, 2013
Chris-OD:

Can you post a Yoruba-owned private university in Yorubaland where Igbos are included in the GC?

Even the church-owned ones where Igbos make up a huge %, they are excluded.

Besides, the first name on the list is not Igbo, neither the second to the last name.

Ibos are just a little more than the Ijaws or Efiks and ibibios in percentage of population so what is this imaginary huge % in a land where you are aliens (visitors)?? Keep deceiving yourselves. Abeg talk another story what does it matter this is the GC, almost everyone will be ibo there and that is good, just leave our own schools in the SW and go to your land. Most Nigerians would rather school anywhere else anyway! UNN is not even on the Nigerian educational map, neither are all the other SE universities so what does a school only in it for profit matter? Just leave, and go to your land, I don't give a damn!!
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by MaximusDMeridux: 4:24am On Aug 12, 2013
Ikengawo: yorubas are obsessed with igbos

Irony! Ibos that cannot survive and make it except they go and live in Yorubaland! Well it is over now, we don't want reptilian green serpents living in our lands! We will completely eject you.

1 Like

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 4:25am On Aug 12, 2013
MaximusDMeridux:

Ibos are just a little more than the Ijaws or Efiks and ibibios in percentage of population so what is this imaginary huge % in a land where you are aliens (visitors)?? Keep deceiving yourselves. Abeg talk another story what does it matter this is the GC, almost everyone will be ibo there and that is good, just leave our own schools in the SW and go to your land. Most Nigerians would rather school anywhere else anyway! UNN is not even on the Nigerian educational map, neither are all the other SE universities so what does a school only in it for profit matter? Just leave, and go to your land, I don't give a damn!!

So what % of you are in Abia State? Do you want them to come and drag you from Lagos to live in Abia State and be on the board of this private university? Like seriously, what do you guys want?

I only pity those Igbos in SW and SE who attend your churches and contribute every Sunday, only for the church university to be dominated and sited in Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 4:31am On Aug 12, 2013
MaximusDMeridux:

Irony! Ibos that cannot survive and make it except they go and live in Yorubaland! Well it is over now, we don't want reptilian green serpents living in our lands! We will completely eject you.

Go ahead and do your worst. I dare you cowards.

1 Like

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by MaximusDMeridux: 4:34am On Aug 12, 2013
Chris-OD:

So what % of you are in Abia State? Do you want them to come and drag you from Lagos to live in Abia State and be on the board of this private university? Like seriously, what do you guys want?

No make me vex o! I said I don't give a damn, I don't care at ALL. If you like live in Abia or Aba, if you like build schools on each square cm, I don't give a damn still. angry angry I just need you off the land of my fathers, go to your fathers land or did he not give you any land?? Why must you die on top my property, this is not funny! Must your housefly follow the corpse into the grave? Haba! It is for a reason almost everyone will want to live in or visit NY, same for Lagos, why won't anyone want to live in Abia, when in fact the people are running away from it? Or do you want me to tell you about Isi Alangwa? It is right there in Abia!
Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by MaximusDMeridux: 4:38am On Aug 12, 2013
Chris-OD:

Go ahead and do your worst. I dare you cowards.

Are you talking about the cowardly ibo soldier who led his people into war and ran away to Abidjan dressed as a woman? That is the definition of coward so much so Zik too ran away to London! There is no record of a brave ibo man, just empty chest beaters who end up making their master laugh so loud at their foolishness!

1 Like

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 4:40am On Aug 12, 2013
MaximusDMeridux:

Are you talking about the cowardly ibo soldier who led his people into war and ran away to Abidjan dressed as a woman? That is the definition of coward so much so Zik too ran away to London! There is no record of a brave ibo man, just empty chest beaters who end up making their master laugh so loud at their foolishness!

Igbo traders flogged and chased away your Ladipo baba ole appointed by Fasola to rip Igbos of their hard earned money. What did you do? Common traders flogging your chief in your own domain like a common thief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by ChrisOD: 4:41am On Aug 12, 2013
MaximusDMeridux:

No make me vex o! I said I don't give a damn, I don't care at ALL. If you like live in Abia or Aba, if you like build schools on each square cm, I don't give a damn still. angry angry I just need you off the land of my fathers, go to your fathers land or did he not give you any land?? Why must you die on top my property, this is not funny! Must your housefly follow the corpse into the grave? Haba! It is for a reason almost everyone will want to live in or visit NY, same for Lagos, why won't anyone want to live in Abia, when in fact the people are running away from it? Or do you want me to tell you about Isi Alangwa? It is right there in Abia!

So what is your problem/concern with this thread if you REALLY do not care? You envy-filled maggot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 12, 2013
You dont want igbos, then free them let them go .......... BIAFARA TINZZZZ ON MY MIND

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Appointment Of Hameed Ali Finally Justified / The Race For Senate President Begins. See The Candidates / Italy Angry Over Rescue Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.