Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,091 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Uk Visa /seychelles - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa /seychelles (4752 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 5:02am On Jun 04, 2008
I am applying for a visit visa to Uk for my brother  here in Seychelles , he has applied before 14 months ago in (Lagos) Nigeria and he was refused and he went to erased the refusal stamp off his passport . i got  him a work permit here in Seychelles and he  has been working for  10 months here , with his work permit  and his kind of job it is easy for him to  get a UK visit visa  here ( His real intention is just to visit Uk and stay for 1week and return back to Seychelles) and also his actual age is 28yrs old but his Passport state 33yrs old. Please i need the following advice :

Is it possible that the  British embassy here in Seychelles  may contact BHC Nigeria and check if he has been refused visa before ? The refusal stamp he had before on it was cleaned out properly and no trace of removal .

Do you think it would work if i should  state his real age and submit a copy of his original birth certificate along side and claim that there was an error on his passport date of birth  ? cause i will really like  him to use his real age

All response will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by demi2008(f): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2008
forget about even saying his age was a mistake on the passport as per d visa issue i know uk embassy now collect applicants finger prints if his was collected be rest assured they would know he had applied b4 if his finger prints is taken at seychelles even if his finger prints were not take with the same name and details there is 90% chance of them knowing i'll advise u seek a solicitiors advise
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2008
Hmmmm. Nigerians sha. cheesy cheesy

Let the truth be told. The refusal stamp was not 'erased' from the passport. What was done was that the passport page with the refusal stamp on it was smartly and carefully removed and replaced with another 'arrangee' page having the same passport number. cheesy cheesy . I am trying to remember the jail term for anyone caught mutilating nigeria's passport cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway, your brother should have just gotten a fresh passport before travelling to Seychelles. BHC keeps a central data base of all applications irrespective of the country where the fresh application will be made.

The problem now is if he applies with the same passport and the system detects he has been refused, they would probably ask how come the refusal stamp is not on it-unless he claims he knows nothing about it and all he was given was his passport/refusal notice. They might think the ECO forgot to stamp the passport. I doubt if they make sure omissions though-but they are humans therefore they are also prone to errors.

Another option is declaring the old passport missing. Which means he has to notify the Seychelles authority and get the work permit transferred on the new passport.

On the issue of discrepancies in his date of birth, that can be corrected on his passport. He should go to the Nigerian embassy/passport office with affidavit,birth certificate,etc and it will be stated on the 'observation' page of the passport that there was errors in his date of birth.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 9:04am On Jun 04, 2008
The poster said the guy applied 14 months ago. Thats about April last year. As at then, biometrics system was yet to be implemented at the BHC visa application centers.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2008
funkybaby:

Hmmmm. Nigerians sha. cheesy cheesy

Let the truth be told. The refusal stamp was not 'erased' from the passport. What was done was that the passport page with the refusal stamp on it was smartly and carefully removed and replaced with another 'arrangee' page having the same passport number. cheesy cheesy . I am trying to remember the jail term for anyone caught mutilating nigeria's passport cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway, your brother should have just gotten a fresh passport before travelling to Seychelles. BHC keeps a central data base of all applications irrespective of the country where the fresh application will be made.

The problem now is if he applies with the same passport and the system detects he has been refused, they would probably ask how come the refusal stamp is not on it-unless he claims he knows nothing about it and all he was given was his passport/refusal notice. They might think the ECO forgot to stamp the passport. I doubt if they make sure omissions though-but they are humans therefore they are also prone to errors.

Another option is declaring the old passport missing. Which means he has to notify the Seychelles authority and get the work permit transferred on the new passport.

On the issue of discrepancies in his date of birth, that can be corrected on his passport. He should go to the Nigerian embassy/passport office with affidavit,birth certificate,etc and it will be stated on the 'observation' page of the passport that there was errors in his date of birth.

Funkybaby thanks for your response , yes you are right that there was no biometirc system yet when he applied , as per the removal of the refusal stamp i dont know how they did it. What if he says the truth that he has been refused before but somehow the stamp cleaned off? Am sorry if some of my questons sounds a bit stupid to you , but honesty i dont really know much about this UK visa thing , i am into hotel reservation and ticketing

The option of declaring the passport missing here in seychelles and getting his work permit on a new passport is a very good option , but the problem is there is no Nigeria embassy/passport office here in the Seychelles , Funkybaby is there a way to apply for a new passport in Nigeria without appearnace ? if you dont mind i will really like to have a chat with you , let me know if you will like to and i can send u my chat id.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by landis(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2008
@darkroll
I am  applying for a visit visa to Uk for my brother  here in Seychelles , he has applied before 14 months ago in (Lagos) Nigeria and he was refused and he went to erased the refusal stamp off his passport

This is criminal action punishable by JAIL TERM.

Your brother should go back with same passport with its refusal stamp: This would have shown: consistency!-- thats all the embassy looking for.

By the way, British embassy also monitor this site. So they go back to their records for all Nigeria refused 14months ago.

I had refusal on my passport and I still use same to get VISA all over the world.

Points: It does not make any sense to become criminal to achieve what you want.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2008
@landis

Haba! You are too harsh. Lol. cheesy cheesy You would be suprised at the desperate things people do in a bid to travel overseas only to start regretting later.

The refusal stamp is already 'off' the passport and nothing can be done legally to bring it back.

@darkroll

The same guys who 'erased' the stamp can put it back. The stamp with the refusal number can be 'inserted' back on the passport page. Tell your brother to talk to the 'boys', it can be done.

There is absolutely no way you can get the new nigerian e-passport via 'non-appearance'. No matter how highly ranked the 'insider' is, it is just not possible. I am freaking sure of this.

For the old passport - hmmm - maybe sha. This will probably be at states where the new e-passport machine have not been installed for use and they are still using the old machines to produce the old passports.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2008
landis:

@darkroll

This is criminal action punished by JAIL TERM.

Your brother should go back with same passport with its refusal stamp: This would have shown: consistency!-- thats all the embassy looking for.

By the way, British embassy also monitor this site. So they go back to their records for all Nigeria refused 14months ago.

I had refusal on my passport and I still use same to get VISA all over the world.

Points: It does not make any sense to become criminal to achieve what you want.

Honestly i wish i could turn back the hands of time and i would have advised him not to try what he did  , but now it is too late . am just trying to get a solution for him now . I just called him and advised him to apply with the passport and  he should tell them that he was refused before and the refusal stamp cleared off somehow ,  but  he is  scared .

Am still waiting for your response funkybaby
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2008
@darkroll

I forgot to add. You cannot tell bhc that the refusal stamp just 'cleaned off' the passport !! How?

Their refusal stamp once it hr on a passport looks like a print on the passport straight from a printing press. Ten years after, the refusal stamp still remains 'kampe' on the passport. So that line cant work - try another smiley
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2008
Funkybaby i just called him to call the guys that did it for me , may be he can send the passport back to them and they insert the page back . I will let you the outcome as soon as he calls me back
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2008
@darkroll

Lol. Alright then. If 'cyber police' catch you, no be me tell you wetin to do oh. cheesy cheesy

Seriously now, those 'boys' ought to have given him back the page that was removed so that he can keep it. That is the way such things are done just in the event of situations like this where the original page is needed . Anyway, keep me updated.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 11:06am On Jun 04, 2008
Funkybaby , i spoke with my brother and he informed me that he called the guy that helped him and they guy said that the refusal stamp was erased , that the page was not replaced . me i don dey tire for him case oooo , may be i should advise him to go and spend his vacation in Switzerland
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2008
@darkroll

Lol. I find that hard to believe. Anyway if stamps can be washed off US dollars, anything is possible then.

They should 'arrange' another stamp on the passport then. Na that one easy pass.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by landis(m): 11:16am On Jun 04, 2008
funkybaby:

@landis

Haba! You are too harsh. Lol. cheesy cheesy You would be suprised at the desperate things people do in a bid to travel overseas only to start regretting later.

The refusal stamp is already 'off' the passport and nothing can be done legally to bring it back.

Funkybaby,
I also think most of these things are done in ignorance like that boy who got himself hanged in Singapore.

Se a buro e da gba VISA yen?

darkroll,
I know many UK (OYINBO) who are runing away from the place. It is increasingly becoming a crap.
So why cant your brother stay in Seycelles? Atleast your stayed back and having a good life there.
why does he want to leave paradise for hell.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 11:22am On Jun 04, 2008
@landis

O ti gba oh. Ti peeeeeeee. smiley
No mind these young boys of nowadays. Always ready to do anything in the bid to 'check out'.

The guy's brother is not relocating to UK. Only going for a week's vacation. He will be STUPID to go to the UK to get stuck there.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by landis(m): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2008
funkybaby:

@landis

O ti gba oh. Ti peeeeeeee. smiley
No mind these young boys of nowadays. Always ready to do anything in the bid to 'check out'.

The guy's brother is not relocating to UK. Only going for a week's vacation. He will be STUPID to go to the UK to get stuck there.
FunkyBaby,
OK. I wo nko? O ti lo ba bobo yen? wink

UK embassy will view this more suspciously

People in UK are dying and paying thousands of £ to go Seychelles.
And here is someone thats already living in this paradise and he wants to visit cold, polluted UK just for a week holiday.

umm,  slim.

Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2008
@ landis

I yen ke?? A ti da ru ohhhhh. sad cry

No harm if the guy goes to UK for 'tourism'. After all, Big Ben dey there cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by landis(m): 1:41pm On Jun 04, 2008
funkybaby:

@ landis

I yen ke?? A ti da ru ohhhhh. sad cry

No harm if the guy goes to UK for 'tourism'. After all, Big Ben dey there cheesy cheesy
FunkyBaby,
oh, ma bi nu pe mo bere.

se ole mail me? Mi o fe da 'post' Darkroll ru.

@Darkroll,
Let us know how it goes with your brother. afterall, no harm in trying. Good Luck.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2008
Thanks landis and funkybaby,

Well my brother is only planing to stay for 1 week in the UK , UK has been a dream place he wanted to go for a long time . Seychelles is a nice place and comfortable working enviroment but working and spending your vacation here is not a good idea .

I just informed him to apply for a switzerland visit visa and fashi uk for now untill he get another passport .

But thank you all for your contributions , it has really helped alot and have saved him from trouble with BHC.

Funkybaby you should open a travel consulting office oooooo , am sure you will make a lot of money from it wink
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2008
landis:

FunkyBaby,
oh, ma bi nu pe mo bere.

se ole mail me? Mi o fe da 'post' Darkroll ru.

Lol.  E je ka da ru.  grin  Ki lo wa n be?

darkroll:

Thanks landis and funkybaby,

Well my brother is only planing to stay for 1 week in the UK , UK has been a dream place he wanted to go for a long time . Seychelles is a nice place and comfortable working enviroment but working and spending your vacation here is not a good idea .

I just informed him to apply for a switzerland visit visa and fashi uk for now untill he get another passport .

You're welcome.
Has he considered the option of pretending he was given the passport with the refusal notice but without a refusal stamp on it? He should however state in the form that he had been previously refused a visa and he should state the reference number.

darkroll:

Funkybaby you should open a travel consulting office oooooo , am sure you will make a lot of money from it wink

Erm. . . When Nigeria stops generating money from crude oil and all the oil companies have left naija, i will go into it full time and have an office on Walter Carrington. grin grin
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by landis(m): 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2008
Lol. E je ka da ru. Ki lo wa n be?

o ye kan ni respect fun ogbeni Darkroll but nothing spoil ti o ba fe mail mi.

wink smiley wink
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 7:42am On Jun 05, 2008
I tire for this my brother sef , he did not even write down the reference number before he gave them to erase it . Well for him to be on the safe side i told him to wait until he gets a new pali .

Quote from: darkroll on Yesterday at 06:03:37 PM
Funkybaby you should open a travel consulting office oooooo , am sure you will make a lot of money from it

Erm. . . When Nigeria stops generating money from crude oil and all the oil companies have left naija, i will go into it full time and have an office on Walter Carrington.

(This will be in 400years time )
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by Tegese: 9:05am On Jun 05, 2008
darkroll:

Funkybaby i just called him to call the guys that did it for me , may be he can send the passport back to them and they insert the page back . I will let you the outcome as soon as he calls me back

"Funkybaby i just called him to call the guys that did it for me"
@darkroll. why r u so desperate, and why is your brother not requesting this favor by himself, or doesnt he know how to use the internet? why wasting FB's time with your flopped up criminally intended attempt and economical information? its not your brother thats involved, but you. go and get a new passport and stop fumbling around with your morally reprehensible misdeed before the bhc sees this and begins to watch out for you. embarassed from the highlighted part of your quote above
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 9:29am On Jun 05, 2008
Tegese:

why wasting FB's time with your flopped up criminally intended attempt and economical information?

Asylum officer, did i complain to you?? angry angry

I have told you to stop addressing any of your dumb posts to me or include my name in your posts.

You are really itching to receive insults from me. angry
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 9:32am On Jun 05, 2008
darkroll:

I tire for this my brother sef , he did not even write down the reference number before he gave them to erase it . Well for him to be on the safe side i told him to wait until he gets a new pali .

Thats sad. He should just get a new passport then. That way he can make all the necessary correction in his Date of Birth.

darkroll:

(This will be in 400years time )

No wahala. I will wait.  tongue grin
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by Tegese: 9:43am On Jun 05, 2008
funkybaby:

Asylum officer, did i complain to you?? angry angry

I have told you to stop addressing any of your dumb posts to me or include my name in your posts.

You are really itching to receive insults from me. angry
visa officer, did i address you? if you were that good at visa issues, why was your first post in the "uk visa appeal thread" about your family members being refused visas?
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2008
Tegese:

visa officer, did i address you? if you were that good at visa issues, why was your first post in the "uk visa appeal thread" about your family members being refused visas?
@ Tegese

Which one be you own ? if am posting a thread here on behalf of my brother , do u have a problem with that ? My brother made a mistake and i am trying to see if i can help him out . Please dont come here and put your anger on me ,it is not my fault that you dont have a brother , U better go ask your mother why she aborted the pregnancy of your brother.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by Tegese: 10:02am On Jun 05, 2008
darkroll:

@ Tegese

Which one be you own ? if am posting a thread here on behalf of my brother , do u have a problem with that ? My brother made a mistake and i am trying to see if i can help him out . Please don't come here and put your anger on me ,it is not my fault that you don't have a brother , You better go ask your mother why she aborted the pregnancy of your brother.
i have 3 lovely brothers and 2 beloved sisters. anyway, go and get a new passport and forget about this very one, its not worth it. goodluck
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2008
You sounder earlier as if you dont brothers , so if you are trying to help you brother there is no big deal there (it is called sisterly love )

Well back to topic , I told him to spend his vacation somewhere esle and when he gets his new passport then he can apply for Uk visit visa .
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 10:18am On Jun 05, 2008
Tegese:

visa officer, did i address you?

Idiot !!!
Then why did you include my name in your post and state that darkroll is bothering me?
This is about the fifth time in less than one month in which you have been striving real hard to get my attention.
Wetin sef?

Shameless Arrow.
Go back to your asylum home and keep digging the names of your fellow asylum seekers.
Never knew a man can have ''amebo'' mouth like yours. Coming here to reveal the personal secrets of your ''friends''.

Tegese:

if you were that good at visa issues, why was your first post in the "uk visa appeal thread" about your family members being refused visas?

Olodo !!!
it was my sister. Or did you miss the part of my family's travel history?
Only shows that the ECO's hammer can fall on anyone irrespective of where you are coming from.
Besides, this is a forum, are we not here to help one another smiley just as i have helped darkroll?

I am going to ignore you just as AJ has done.

You are simply not worth addressing.
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by Tegese: 10:28am On Jun 05, 2008
funkybaby:

Idiot !!!
Then why did you include my name in your post and state that darkroll is bothering me?
This is about the fifth time in less than one month in which you have been striving real hard to get my attention.
Wetin sef?

Shameless Arrow.
Go back to your asylum home and keep digging the names of your fellow asylum seekers.
Never knew a man can have ''amebo'' mouth like yours. Coming here to reveal the personal secrets of your ''friends''.

Olodo !!!
it was my sister. Or did you miss the part of my family's travel history?
Only shows that the ECO's hammer can fall on anyone irrespective of where you are coming from.
Besides, this is a forum, are we not here to help one another smiley just as i have helped darkroll?

I am going to ignore you just as AJ has done.

You are simply not worth addressing.

u should have suggested that he uses "ijebu stunt" juju since you believe in that, at least that can blind the eco from realising that the pali has been tempered embarassed you said you will ignore me, so please dont respond to this as a show of negligence. thank you
Re: Uk Visa /seychelles by funkybaby(f): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2008
Tegese:

u should have suggested that he uses "ijebu stunt" juju since you believe in that, at least that can blind the eco from realising that the pali has been tempered embarassed you said you will ignore me, so please don't respond to this as a show of negligence.

You are just a bloody numbskull.

Ignore your dumb rantings I always have the last word. I will dish you the full insults that AJ spared you.

I would have suggested the juju option but unfortunately, the 'baba' at ijebu-igbo has passed away at the ripe old age of 105. grin grin

Just this morning, someone introduced me to another baba. Infact, i need to test the potency of the new juju man. You will make a good juju guinea pig.
cheesy cheesy wink

Maybe i should tell him to infect your hands with leprosy so that you will stop typing nonsense here or you should be removed from your asylum home and deported back to your village in Naija. cheesy cheesy

If it works, i will not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is seeking his services.

Tegese:

Thank you

Oh. You are welcome! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From Aba To Katsina Journey. / Gambia the Next Hot Destination: check out this beautiful photos / U.S.A Vacation With Family Of 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.