Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? (1192 Views)

I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / Seven Steps To Better Parenting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ever do something so freaking stupid and then feel terrible about it? Today was one of those days cry
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
What was that?
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
latifagarba: What was that?

That part doesn't matter wink but it was bad cry
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 13, 2013
It isn't the worst but not being strict enough with bed time
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 13, 2013
smiley
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by damiso(f): 7:06am On Aug 13, 2013
Dont worry sniper, I have read you story, you are an amazing mum kiss kiss kiss

Dont think it could be worse than our antics on this thread grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1128688/cheeky-shortcuts-take-parents-make

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
I came home yesterday from an appointment to find my mom who was watching my kids had fed them ice cream for breakfast grin that wasn't the bad thing tho.

And thank you damiso. That was sweet.
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by VillageBoi(m): 8:35am On Aug 25, 2013
SniperInADiaper: I came home yesterday from an appointment to find my mom who was watching my kids had fed them ice cream for breakfast grin

Your mom feeds ice cream for breakfast? You mom rocks... what's her number? I'm crossing the pond! grin
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2013
VillageBoi:

Your mom feeds ice cream for breakfast? You mom rocks... what's her number? I'm crossing the pond! grin
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2013
VillageBoi:

that is an unhealthy eating habit.mind you obesity doesnt just start one day,it is a build up of an unhealthy eating lifestyle formed by parents as a child therefore adults who are obessed as adults didnt become obessed all of a sudden.a percentage of fault goes to the parents who think they were indulging the child and now grew up to get used to such eating habits moreover old habits die hard.ill use myself as an example.when i was a child years back,my mom gives us nothing less than 2 pieces of meat.so breakfast,lunch and supper,i have eating nothing more than 6 meats in a day with either pineapple drink,5 alive and all that.now as an adult,ive been living alone for 5years and i am used to such habits because of parental upbringing.actually mummy thought she was loving ud but shes actually spoiling us and giving us wrong/unhealthy eating lifestyle.now in my adult life i eat nothing less than 8 meats in a day and now people have started saying shewa youre adding weight,see your breast,see your hips and so i went back to the drawing board,why am i adding cholestrol,i studied what i was eating and i realsed all this things i am eating is what our parents brought us up with.its difficult and uneasy now stopping it because of years of eating unhealthy foods propounded by my parents.i am doing diet and fruit fast apapandodo because i dont want to become fat and all. So when i become a parent,i have learnt from my mom that i wont bring up my kids the way my mom did food wise.i am training myself with vegetables and fruits so i will be able to bring up my kids eating healthy.not that shes a bad mom,infact shes a great mom and i thank god for the womb i passed through
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2013
ibkaye: It isn't the worst but not being strict enough with bed time
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by EfemenaXY: 12:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
SniperInADiaper: I came home yesterday from an appointment to find my mom who was watching my kids had fed them ice cream for breakfast grin that wasn't the bad thing tho.

And thank you damiso. That was sweet.

Do you mean "for breakfast" as in, ice-cream was all they had for breakfast? Or she gave it to them "after" breakfast as some sort of dessert?

Tut...tut...either way, not good. Your kids'll have a big dose of sugar rush. Just be prepared to watch them climb your walls (literally) with endless energy... and the tantrums that'll follow next...
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
I slapped him for eating soap, never mind that I was the careless one in the first place.
I feel so bad when I think of it, but again, I was a baby nursing a baby.
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ ibakaye mama shewa was a no nonsense woman in terms of forcing us to sleep early and waking up by 4 am to do house chores,iron our uniform and read. by 6.3o am,we are out of the house.she hates unruliness and indiscipline typical of many 21st century kids.anybody wey no comply will receieve serious tongue lashing like tomorow no dey
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Do you mean "for breakfast" as in, ice-cream was all they had for breakfast? Or she gave it to them "after" breakfast as some sort of dessert?

Tut...tut...either way, not good. Your kids'll have a big dose of sugar rush. Just be prepared to watch them climb your walls (literally) with endless energy... and the tantrums that'll follow next...

It was a late breakfast that day and ended up being all they had (except one kid). I brought them proper breakfast food back home that day but only one kid ate it.
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
future parent is watching from a corner cool
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

That part doesn't matter wink but it was bad cry
sniper, you want them to tell ya their worst parenting mistake buh you wont tell yours...gist us joor, esp we that are yet to bring a life
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
centje: sniper, you want them to tell ya their worst parenting mistake buh you wont tell yours...gist us joor, esp we that are yet to bring a life

Before I had kids of my own I was taking care of a little girl and sat her on a counter.. she fell off and busted her nose.

The mistake behind this thread ... lets just say wheelchair seatbelts should be used at all times...and ftr I didn't know he had unbuckled undecided
Re: What's Your Worst Parenting Mistake? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
oukay, buh that wasn't really your fault.

(1) (Reply)

hi / Silence Is Golden Unless You Have Kids / Help I Broke My Family Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.