Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (27087 Views)

FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by kilmix: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2013
THE Federal Government will engage the leadership of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in a crucial talks today, in a move to end the ongoing strike by the union.
Minister of Education, Professor Ruqa’yyatu Ahmed Rufa’i, made this known in Abuja, on Monday, saying reasonable progress had been made in the ongoing efforts to get the lecturers back to classroom.
She noted that a presidential intervention of N100 billion had been released to the implementation committee of the Needs Assessment Report, which has the Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam, as chairman.
Professor Rufa’i, who spoke while declaring open the mid-term review of the four-year strategy plan for the development of the education sector, said this was to address some of the identifiable challenges in the nation’s university system.
She said it was as a result of the resolve to address all challenges facing the sector that assessments of each area of the education sector were carried out.
“We have done this for the federal unity schools and it is helping in their transformation. The recent one carried out for all public universities has led to a presidential intervention to ensure that challenges identified are given due attention.
“As a result, N100 billion has been committed to this and the president has inaugurated an implementation committee chaired by Governor Suswam,” she said.
The minister said the implementation of the four-year strategic plan (2011-2015) was on course, stressing that credible progress had been made in the six focal areas as outlined in the plan.
She reaffirmed the commitment to move the sector ahead, saying “we shall continue to dig deep and identify further challenges and address them.”
Professor Rufa’i, therefore, appealed to all stakeholders to continue to show understanding, support and partnership, noting that “our actions today will define where we are tomorrow.”
She added that government would continue to dialogue with ASUU in order to end the ongoing strike that had crippled academic activities in government’s universities in Nigeria.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/19005-fg-holds-crucial-talks-with-ASUU-today-releases-n100bn-to-suswam-led-committee.html

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by alphaconde(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2013
I prefer they come up with a resumption date.

If I say am first to comment wud u think wrong of me?

Please don't. Am first on a site with over 1m users, only jealous users won't agree.

20 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Lordave: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2013
Good.
I see ASUU calling off the strike, cuz the word 'Deadlock' is missing in my dic.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Coefficient(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2013
Let's hope this will bear good fruits and not a fruitless effort.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Lordave: 9:49am On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde: R
what's the meaning of this?

3 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by emmatony: 9:50am On Aug 13, 2013
thank God. 1st to comment
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Elvin247(m): 9:50am On Aug 13, 2013
PLEASE O, LET THEM DO THAT ASAP SO THAT THE NUMBER OF UNWANTED PREGNANCIES WILL REDUCE

6 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by executinal(m): 9:52am On Aug 13, 2013
And Obahiagbon has this to say
“This ASUU strike is a miasma of a deprecable apothesis of an hemorrhaging plutocracy, cascadinly oozing into a maladorous excresence of mobocracy.

With all tarmangant ossifying proclivities of a kakistocracy, our knowledgia centura is enveloped in a paraphlegic crinkum crankum. Therefore, ASUU, cest in dejavu, dejavu peret ologomabia.”

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Lordave: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2013
emmatony: thank God. 1st to comment
Seriously, someone is smarter than that your lame god Dicky.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Kslib(m): 9:52am On Aug 13, 2013
Lets just hope all the affected students still remember the route that leads to their respective schools..
Oya,its time to dust off those cobwebs from ya brains and head back to ya various citadel's of cramming!!

12 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by kosire(m): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2013
Just hope that dis meeting wnt fail again, cos am damn tired of staying at home.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by chidigood(f): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2013
Lord Jesus, pls let this meetin be d 1 we have been waitin 4 after 6wks & 1 day. O ti su mi. Let every bad belle person be absent. IJN. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by phillippiano(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2013
SMH for u.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2013
Pls settle ASUU to de last kobo,nd stop delayin.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2013
I hope they won't share the money
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by slinkman(m): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2013
abeg never call off yet... i wan do traditinal marriage first...

5 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by dbucas: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2013
ASUU TO RESUME 2034, LADIES GO AND MARRY.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by alphaconde(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2013
Lordave: what's the meaning of this?

Are u a learner R means reserved

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Decapo: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2013
Ok we'll wait o
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by thrugemaster(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2013
wetin dem won use the 100 billion naira do? Was it in d budget

2 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Kslib(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2013
You see what ASUU strike has done to this innocent poor boy.. ASUU forcefully sent him home due to the strike and just some weeks later,his brain has completely entered sleep mode and he cant even differenciate btw 1st,2nd 3rd 4th and even 5th!!
ASUU better call off this strike quickly before students start using google to spell-check if they spelt their names correctly!!
It is well!!

20 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Iaz93: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2013
This is some good news!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by canalily(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2013
Let them share the money and end the strike

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Iaz93: 9:59am On Aug 13, 2013
dbucas: ASUU TO RESUME 2034, LADIES GO AND MARRY.
Stale!

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by ITbomb(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2013
Now FG is showing sincerity in tackling what ASUU has been asking for.
U bail out the banks, power and even nollywood but education is left to rot.
I always believe GEJ as a true sincere democrat, not like Buhari who sent guns to kill students or Obasanjo who love grandstanding and sign an agreement he knew he could not implement making mockery of Nigerians.
GEJ till 2019 and beyond
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by easyfem(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2013
Can't wait to go back to school... I don old ooooo
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by samjbo: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2013
Let us keep our fingers crossed. FG is always playing pranks with the education sector.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Ajibam: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2013
NOTED@op
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by damajoski: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2013
Kslib:
You see what ASUU strike has done to this innocent poor boy.. ASUU forcefully sent him home due to the strike and just some weeks later,his brain has completely entered sleep mode and he cant even differenciate btw 1st,2nd 3rd 4th and even 5th!!
ASUU better call off this strike quickly before students start using google to spell-check if they spelt their names correctly!!
It is well!!
lolz. evils
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde: I prefer they come up with a resumption date.

Please don't. Am first on a site with over 1m users, only jealous users won't agree.
lolz. Ar u a kid? Were u givn 10mlln coz u ar d 1st 2 comment? Wake up oh. First 2 comment doznt mean anytin it only means u ar d only one jobless. It means u ar d only 1 witout job online 24/7. Guy cover face oh

6 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by abduldope(m): 10:04am On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde: I prefer they come up with a resumption date.

guY o abg which skuL u attNd This na Grammer abi Phrasal verb
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2013
Lordave: Good.
I see ASUU calling off the strike, cuz the word 'Deadlock' is missing in my dic.

Yeah! Hope it seriously works out well b4 i release my boiz into d streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / The Agony Of Private School Teachers / Latest Webometrics Ranking For Nigerian Universities July 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.