Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,220 members, 7,842,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (27106 Views)

FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by ceeceeco: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lordave: what's the meaning of this?
Rugged!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by ceeceeco: 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lordave: what's the meaning of this?
R means; Rugged... Bavarian means German!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Hayormeah(f): 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
When will dis meeting end??cnt wait!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by xrazzy(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
updates should be available on vanguard's website soonest.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Toecynne(m): 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Anuoluwap_p:
lolz. Ar u a kid? Were u givn 10mlln coz u ar d 1st 2 comment? Wake up oh. First 2 comment doznt mean anytin it only means u ar d only one jobless. It means u ar d only 1 witout job online 24/7. Guy cover face oh
hahahahabwawbwahahahaha.. Guy u harsh gon
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Toecynne(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mehn dis wat am cyin

3 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by xrazzy(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
unofficial news of soft-landing coming in.....ASUU has fixed its NEC meeting on August 19th..
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Jessicavizzy(f): 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman: abeg never call off yet... i wan do traditinal marriage first...
..U can continue wit d Traditional marriage,ASUU strike doesnt sto* u frm dat...If u aint ready To go back to skul..d Rest are ready.Lyk Mua.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Jessicavizzy(f): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Splendid E: Abeg mke dem wait..i wan travel go Lagos go see my buriful TONTO DIKEH first....i dn rili miss her oooo,seun do sumtn pls
...#lol#..wat has seeing#Tonto Dikeh# got to do wit ASUU calling off strike..Hmmmm!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Jessicavizzy(f): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kehinde Omololu: Can someone please remind me of my department and matric number? It seems have forgotten............am waiting abeg
..Y not ask Google
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by jaziridon(m): 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
U pple shud stop lamentin, u've only spent 44dayz @home, during our tym in 2009 we spent complete 100dayz, we 4got reg no, dept, wia our skul was located etc. So ASUU continue wit d strike remember u pple nid 400billion not 100billion.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lordave: your boiz
You mean those APC thugs?

BOKOBOIZ ON EDUCATION. grin grin grin
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by xrazzy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
FG to ASUU: We can’t meet your demands

Posted by: JIDE ORINTUNSIN in News Update 6 mins ago

Hopes of quick resolution of the present face-off between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities were dashed on Tuesday as the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said the government has no resources to meet the union demands.

Foreclosing possible truce to the five-week old industrial action that has paralysed academic activities in the nation’s ivory towers, Okonjo-Iwela said the striking university lecturers were asking for #92 billion in extra allowances, maintaining that government lack means of picking the bill.

Speaking in Minna at the annual National Council on Finance and Economic Development meeting, the minister said that ASUU demand was coming at a time government was making efforts at reducing the structure of public expenditures.

The theme of the meeting is: “Restructuring Nigeria’s Finances.”

She said, “At present ASUU wants the government to pay N92 billion in extra allowances when resources are not there and when we are working to integrate past increases in pensions. We need to make choices in this country as we are getting to the stage where recurrent expenditures take the bulk of our resources and people get paid but can do no work.”

She declared that if the demands of the university lecturers are met and “we continue to pay them salaries and allowances we will not be able to provide infrastructure in the universities.”

The minister argued that when she assumed office “the share of recurrent expenditure in our total budgets had increased astronomically. “

“In fact recurrent expenditures accounted for about 77.2 per cent of the federal budget and we are now working to re-balance this ratio,” the minister added.

source:http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fg-to-ASUU-we-cant-meet-your-demands/
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by biodex(m): 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
nothing is working., believe our president is a kindergarten apprentice.... may God save us
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Toecynne(m): 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Breaking News : ASUU FINALLY
SUSPENDS STRIKE ...
After a crucial meeting held at
Abuja today, the National
President of the Academic Staff
Union of Universities, (ASUU) Dr.
Nasir Fagge said the federal
government and the union have
finally reached a compromise and
the strike has finally been called
off sequel to the fact that their
needs have been met by the
federal government. He urged
students to go back to their
various schools and start work,and
also lamented that the lecturers
should resume work too but they
should not teach the students
until Kano Pillars wins UEFA
Champions Leauge . In his final
statement,he said students
should go and learn a trade and
leave ASUU and FG alone to
continue their SEASON FILM ...
Enjoy Ur dai!

3 Likes

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Goziesonsam(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Its so unfortunate for a country like Nigeria to be contending with how to improve her educational sector. I pray that God in his infinite mercy will give our leaders insight and knowledge to pilot the affairs of this great nation
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Sexybarbie(f): 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman: abeg never call off yet... i wan do traditinal marriage first...
so u want us(students) 2 remain at home cos of ur marriage abi?
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by elrony(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
x-razzy:
FG to ASUU: We can’t meet your demands

Posted by: JIDE ORINTUNSIN in News Update 6 mins ago

Hopes of quick resolution of the present face-off between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities were dashed on Tuesday as the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said the government has no resources to meet the union demands.

Foreclosing possible truce to the five-week old industrial action that has paralysed academic activities in the nation’s ivory towers, Okonjo-Iwela said the striking university lecturers were asking for #92 billion in extra allowances, maintaining that government lack means of picking the bill.

Speaking in Minna at the annual National Council on Finance and Economic Development meeting, the minister said that ASUU demand was coming at a time government was making efforts at reducing the structure of public expenditures.

The theme of the meeting is: “Restructuring Nigeria’s Finances.”

She said, “At present ASUU wants the government to pay N92 billion in extra allowances when resources are not there and when we are working to integrate past increases in pensions. We need to make choices in this country as we are getting to the stage where recurrent expenditures take the bulk of our resources and people get paid but can do no work.”

She declared that if the demands of the university lecturers are met and “we continue to pay them salaries and allowances we will not be able to provide infrastructure in the universities.”

The minister argued that when she assumed office “the share of recurrent expenditure in our total budgets had increased astronomically. “

“In fact recurrent expenditures accounted for about 77.2 per cent of the federal budget and we are now working to re-balance this ratio,” the minister added.

source:http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fg-to-ASUU-we-cant-meet-your-demands/

Nonsense!!...if they actually wanna cut down public expenditure,they should start with the looting political office holders and also review that nonsense yearly budget!!

In other news #aluta_continua!!! (Make I gain small muscles jare)
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by jimts(m): 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
me i don even 4get my matric no. Biko Mr. Clueless set up a committee to remind me!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sorry to u all, the meeting held btwn ASUU and fg failed to meet the targeted resolutions. However, the meeting continues on monday next week. source, nta news.

1 Like

Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Jaywon242(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
Am fully behind ASUU..our govt is just too irresponsible
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by trolling(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kslib:
You see what ASUU strike has done to this innocent poor boy.. ASUU forcefully sent him home due to the strike and just some weeks later,his brain has completely entered sleep mode and he cant even differenciate btw 1st,2nd 3rd 4th and even 5th!!
ASUU better call off this strike quickly before students start using google to spell-check if they spelt their names correctly!!
It is well!!
grin grin cheesy
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by otokx(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
RedBenson: Sorry to u all, the meeting held btwn ASUU and fg failed to meet the targeted resolutions. However, the meeting continues on monday next week. source, nta news.

What is the point meeting every week without a solution? Its like both ASUU and FG are co-conspirators.
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
otokx:

What is the point meeting every week without a solution? Its like both ASUU and FG are co-conspirators.

There are on seasonal (weekly) movies. Watch out for next week episode!
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by flakkygirl(f): 3:10am On Aug 14, 2013
executinal: And Obahiagbon has this to say

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
whats his message please? I mean normal day to day english some1
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by MrExcel(m): 5:29am On Aug 14, 2013
[quote When wil these meetings come to an end with fruitful results? i am tired of staying at home.
author=kilmix]THE Federal Government will engage the leadership of
Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in a crucial talks today, in
a move to end the ongoing strike by the union.
Minister of Education, Professor Ruqa’yyatu Ahmed Rufa’i, made this
known in Abuja, on Monday, saying reasonable progress had been made in
the ongoing efforts to get the lecturers back to classroom.
She noted that a presidential intervention of N100 billion had been
released to the implementation committee of the Needs Assessment Report,
which has the Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam, as chairman.
Professor Rufa’i, who spoke while declaring open the mid-term review of
the four-year strategy plan for the development of the education sector,
said this was to address some of the identifiable challenges in the
nation’s university system.
She said it was as a result of the resolve to address all challenges
facing the sector that assessments of each area of the education sector
were carried out.
“We have done this for the federal unity schools and it is helping in
their transformation. The recent one carried out for all public
universities has led to a presidential intervention to ensure that
challenges identified are given due attention.
“As a result, N100 billion has been committed to this and the president
has inaugurated an implementation committee chaired by Governor Suswam,”
she said.
The minister said the implementation of the four-year strategic plan
(2011-2015) was on course, stressing that credible progress had been
made in the six focal areas as outlined in the plan.
She reaffirmed the commitment to move the sector ahead, saying “we shall
continue to dig deep and identify further challenges and address them.”
Professor Rufa’i, therefore, appealed to all stakeholders to continue to
show understanding, support and partnership, noting that “our actions
today will define where we are tomorrow.”
She added that government would continue to dialogue with ASUU in order
to end the ongoing strike that had crippled academic activities in
government’s universities in Nigeria.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/19005-fg-holds-crucial-talks-with-ASUU-today-releases-n100bn-to-suswam-led-committee.html[/quote]
Re: FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee by lirusehn(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
Can sumbdy plz help wiv Pencil. Plz its urgent. I nid 2 comment on dis thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Suspected Cultist Trying To Disrupt A School's Examination / Can I Get Admission With This WAEC Result? Advise Me Please! / HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.