Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium (46311 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Multi-billion Naira 3km Auditorium (2013 news) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by mastro: 7:50am On Sep 05, 2013
chrisosi:

Take a Deep look at that small girl crying for help for her heart operation....that mother dat dont have any money to buy food for her hungry children....Your little donation can go a long ways to send that dirty boy in ur area to school....I pray To God TO OPEN UR EYES FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING TO BEING A TRUE CHRISTAIN.....IF YOU SAY YOU LOVE GOD THAT YOU CANNOT SEE AND WANT TO DONATE TO HIS CHURCH, WHAT ABOUT THAT SMALL BOY THAT YOU CAN FULLY SEE AND HAVE REFUSE TO RENDER A HELPING HAND TO HIM...THINK ABOUT IT

The basic truth is that they are not Christians but CHRISTIANISTS, corrupter's of the spiritual word for material gains, they don't care about the poor, the oppressed and the weak like the Christ they claim to follow, they care only about their pockets and the Towers of Babal they build

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by beccie: 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pastor adebayo, you must know that there are poor members amongst you who have no money to feed. The approach in which the pastor asked for the donation is not right. He should have allowed the spirit of God to lead people to donate. Some of these members are people who have stolen from government. Pastor you should be careful of the kind of money you collect. That is why many churches nowadays has no fire. They are dead. There's a lot of competition in churches. This pastor wants to build a church as large as 10 football field. Or build the largest secondary and university, have d biggest aircraft etc. These make them to exploit their members. Some of our pastors, Jesus will say I don't know you. Some of these pastors are not called, and even when they are called to do d wwork of God, they misuse their calling for the love of money. They live flanboiant lives to the detriment of the poor congregation

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by nora544: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Most who call themself christian in nigeria are not realy christian.

All this so called great man of god are not realy christians they have forgotten what they read in the bible they only what that they are great in this world.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by akubudejud(m): 9:52am On Dec 14, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

..I laughed when I read your comment..!WELL I don't know if you are a Christian or not and if not please read your Bible very well..when it comes to addressing 'MEN OF GOD'' whether they are fake or not I always want to be careful, many of us feel we are too bold or maybe clever just to say anything, in politics that could be fine! but when it come to things like this please be careful?..hear this, it doesn't matter how rich a country is there will still be poor people, give them money every day THEY WILL REMAIN POOR...even in the time of Christ Jesus our Lord there were poor people that remain poor and even poorer because they refuse to do those things that could change their life, God will not force you to be rich..there are certain things HE said in His word that you need to do to be prosperous you try it and find out...poverty is not the sign of been Holy neither will riches take you to Heaven.

Now my point,..because you see someone walking with his or her bear foots attending Redeem church does not necessarily make the church insensitive to the plight of the poor you don't stay out side and criticize just because some people are doing so. Even if Pastor Adeboye should go on and spray money to show his sensitivity that will not change what you call poor people.

There are channels to do all that and I most let you know that all the Redeemed churches has welfare department that take care of the very needy people in the church and the Irony of it all is that 95% non christian and and non Redeemed member troop to the churches for help every day, scholarships program in the church is for the less privileged. The word poverty is relative and is a thing of the mind you will remain poor when you think you are poor, blessings comes in different ways and all is not about money ,money and money going out to distribute food and money is good but don't you think I rather get the hook than the fish? so I can be independent God will not change His principles because of economic resession! whether you like it or not poor people will still be in the church because poverty isn't the absent of Money but the state of your mind.

If you don't want to be poor learn to give it is a natural principle even the bible confirms it that the more you hold onto what you have the more you remain stagnant like the lake that do not releases its water to it surroundings sooner or later it will sting and even dry up.

Before I join Redeemed I condemn this whole thing of asking people to give,tithing, vow,pledge etc because I felt that why will you ask me to give when I don't have since am Jobless, but do you know the truth? every one of us have some thing to give remember the story of the widow in the Bible? she gave all..In fact I remain Jobless and miserable because I was a miser I dont pay tithe giving is my problem, joining the church changes my whole life(when you dont plant you can not hervest) I now see that giving make me happier and will open ways for you..After five years I left University and searching for Job I decided to obey Gods word, I got a job with good accommodation got married with children bought a car or cars increase my degree WITHIN FOUR YEARS my life changed because I discovered the secret of GIVING AND IT SHALL BE GIVING UNTO YOU IN MANY RETURNS that is the secret of THE CHURCH Redeemed...the building of the new auditorium is not debatable because many who by now knows this secret will continue to give Stop the shouting please like SOMEONE COMMENT..

'that if most of you were alive, you would have equally blasted Solomon for spending a great deal of gold, silver, precious stones, cedar etc building a temple that took a whooping seven years to build because of its complex architectural design. You would have organized protest calling it a waste. Maybe you would have insulted him on Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland, you name it... But God was pleased with Solomon and appeared to him right after the dedication. And there were still poor people in the land. Even Jesus said, "The poor you will always
have with you, but you will not always have me". Mathew 26:11. Letting us know that helping the poor is important but not as kingdom and its expansion'

..let us be more careful..be blessed..!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=akubudejud]

..I laughed when I read your comment..!WELL I don't know if you are a Christian or not and if not please read your Bible very well..when it comes to addressing 'MEN OF GOD'' whether they are fake or not I always want to be careful, many of us feel we are too bold or maybe clever just to say anything, in politics that could be fine! but when it come to things like this please be careful

All Christians are Men of God or Women of God. What makes Adeboye so special or more special than me or you ?

In the eyes of God , the last is the first and the first is the last.

?..hear this, it doesn't matter how rich a country is there will still be poor people, give them money every day THEY WILL REMAIN POOR...even in the time of Christ Jesus our Lord there were poor people that remain poor and even poorer because they refuse to do those things that could change their life, God will not force you to be rich..there are certain things HE said in His word that you need to do to be prosperous you try it and find out...poverty is not the sign of been Holy neither will riches take you to Heaven.

There should be no one that suffers lack in the body of Christ.

"Acts 4:34 ASV
American Standard Version
For neither was there among them any that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,"

Now my point,..because you see someone walking with his or her bear foots attending Redeem church does not necessarily make the church insensitive to the plight of the poor you don't stay out side and criticize just because some people are doing so. Even if Pastor Adeboye should go on and spray money to show his sensitivity that will not change what you call poor people.

Pastor Adeboye should go and sell ALL he has and give the money to the poor of the church, that includes mansions, jets, bentleys, estates around the world etc.

It is a gross crime and a sin to :

1. Ask the poor to pay tithes at the expense of their bills and living money
2. It is wickedness to then use that money to build an empire that God has not commanded.

There are channels to do all that and I most let you know that all the Redeemed churches has welfare department that take care of the very needy people in the church and the Irony of it all is that 95% non christian and and non Redeemed member troop to the churches for help every day, scholarships program in the church is for the less privileged.

I am well familiar with the welfare in RCCG , but it is not free money, it is normally a loan that has to be paid back. Also it is just for subsistence living and can in no way help those who are truly in need.

The word poverty is relative and is a thing of the mind you will remain poor when you think you are poor,

Wrong again.

Some people become poor because of disadvantage of where they are born, sometimes misadventure, marriage collapse , parents dying etc etc.

To be poor is not a curse and neither is it a goal. But to take money from the poor who are already struggling in the form of tithes and offering is gross wickedness and those who perpetuate such misery in the lives of others will surely be judged.

If you don't want to be poor learn to give it is a natural principle even the bible confirms it that the more you hold onto what you have the more you remain stagnant like the lake that do not releases its water to it surroundings sooner or later it will sting and even dry up.

I am not poor financially or materially, though I could have been if I was born in an unfortunate country or position. However this does not mean I am in any form or shape better than the needy. Rather it is my Job to help them.

It is more blessed to give to those who really have need, not to so called MOG and their bandwagons.

Before I join Redeemed I condemn this whole thing of asking people to give,tithing, vow,pledge etc because I felt that why will you ask me to give when I don't have since am Jobless, but do you know the truth? every one of us have some thing to give remember the story of the widow in the Bible? she gave all..In fact I remain Jobless and miserable because I was a miser I dont pay tithe giving is my problem, joining the church changes my whole life(when you dont plant you can not hervest) I now see that giving make me happier and will open ways for you..After five years I left University and searching for Job I decided to obey Gods word, I got a job with good accommodation got married with children bought a car or cars increase my degree WITHIN FOUR YEARS my life changed because I discovered the secret of GIVING AND IT SHALL BE GIVING UNTO YOU IN MANY RETURNS that is the secret of THE CHURCH Redeemed...the building of the new auditorium is not debatable because many who by now knows this secret will continue to give Stop the shouting please like SOMEONE COMMENT..

Sir, I do not pay any tithes, but I have all the above you mentioned and even more. In fact unbelievers who do not pay their tithes are in many cases more blessed materially than you or me. In fact being materially blessed is not a sign of Gods favor always, because there are many materially blessed people who are emotional and spiritual wrecks.

'that if most of you were alive, you would have equally blasted Solomon for spending a great deal of gold, silver, precious stones, cedar etc building a temple that took a whooping seven years to build because of its complex architectural design. You would have organized protest calling it a waste. Maybe you would have insulted him on Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland, you name it... But God was pleased with Solomon and appeared to him right after the dedication. And there were still poor people in the land. Even Jesus said, "The poor you will always
have with you, but you will not always have me". Mathew 26:11. Letting us know that helping the poor is important but not as kingdom and its expansion'

Hmm , Solomon built a temple for and to God not for and to himself or his disciples. And now that Jesus has come, God now dwells in the midst of this people, not in buildings made with the hands of men. God is everywhere, we do not need to go to RCCG and the over '1 million' churches in Nigeria to find him, he is right with us where we are and especially " where 2 or 3 are gathered together in my name " there I am in their midst.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by akubudejud(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

..everything you said are all correct you are entitle to your own opinion..
..prosperity do not come only when you pay your tithe..
..non christian are also prospering..
..the poor are not forced to give tithe..its a matter of choice and believe..
..what works for you may not work for others..
..there are people that are not Christian but are comfortable like you no doubt..

but..

The truth is that, do what you you believed in, it is a free world ..there is always a reward for everything You do.

God bless you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by akubudejud(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=frosbel post=20214053][/quote]

..No problem at all my brother. Thanks for your comment and concerns it is well indeed.!bye
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by 4C2215131: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2014
ikemofepo:

And that's why they keep deceiving you, attributing wealth gotten outside of the church as God's blessings. Yeah, Dangote pays his tithes and sows seeds, so does gates! God knows where to channel resourceful wealth. Hardly have I found a non corrupt individual donate to such silly causes. All I hear is "malaria relief funds", "tsunami relief" etc. But here, for some corrupt idiots to have peace of mind, they drop 1 billion to a "GOD" project. Many Nigerians will not be wealthy, because Pastors have made you believe that the ONLY way you can be wealthy is to give to a cause that they claim is of God. What many Church goers and givers are chasing after is money. You give because you WANT more money, and sadly, they are taking advantage of you! So you have 1 Billion now and the next thing to do is give all to the Church for another building? Can the building even contain all the members of the RCCG? Why not build a 20km by 20km church. Religion, the umbrella under which evil is perpetrated in Nigeria!

You, my friend has said it all. Most Christians give for selfish reasons (read: a ten, hundred or thousand fold return). They are just investing in God's business and the curious thing is He does return their monies with accrued interest.

Now the sad thing is most won't give a dime for the sake of "Giving"-without expecting anything in return (like the person who wrote the post you quoted, he'd give 1 billion to reap maybe 10 or more billion). You hardly see them coming out to aid the sick needing some money for surgery, or award scholarships and stuff. Is it not curious that most of the world's billionaires that give out money to worthy causes with reckless abandon are not Christians, let alone "Born-again Christians"?

Love God for God, not 'cause of what you can get from him.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dorox(m): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2014
Other countries are using their national savings to raise the standard of living of their citizens by spending it on education, infrastructural improvement and investments in business and manufacturing plants.
But in Nigeria, a large part of our national savings in the form of tithes and offerings is held capitive by religious leaders who would rather splurge it in the acquisition of private jets, building of several luxury mansions and the construction of ever larger auditorium to seat more people in other to get more money.
A country where a large percentage of its citizens are daft enough to build churches and mosques before factories will always remain poor.
They cannot make good business decision if they are thought to believe that giving money to their pastor is an investment that will yeild a hundred fold increase from God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by nora544: 11:24am On Dec 03, 2014
dorox:
Other countries are using their national savings to raise the standard of living of their citizens by spending it on education, infrastructural improvement and investments in business and manufacturing plants.
But in Nigeria, a large part of our national savings in the form of tithes and offerings is held capitive by religious leaders who would rather splurge it in the acquisition of private jets, building of several luxury mansions and the construction of ever larger auditorium to seat more people in other to get more money.
A country where a large percentage of its citizens are daft enough to build churches and mosques before factories will always remain poor.
They cannot make good business decision if they are thought to believe that giving money to their pastor is an investment that will yeild a hundred fold increase from God.

10000000000000000000000000000 likes
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by raffite: 6:25am On Jul 20, 2015
frosbel:

Throughout the ministry of Jesus and the Acts of the Apostles , there is not ONE instance where money was collected to build temples , money was always used to meet REAL needs.

Besides, the apostles and early Christians, went out into the world to meet the people , not waiting for the people to come and meet them.

Stop this deception.

How then were churches built in the Bible days?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy / Zimbabwean Pastor Sells 'Anointed' Cucumbers To Members During Service. PICS / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.