Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium (46306 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Multi-billion Naira 3km Auditorium (2013 news) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Kslib(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Adeboye:::: i need 10 people to donate 10billion naira ..
Wheeeeeeew!!!! I just had an erec.tion...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by malele(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
What is Christianity turning into these days.
Give what u have, don't allow anybody to make u steal just for u to belong.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by aktolly54(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Yinky07: 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sensitive issues like this should be left for God to judge .Mind what you say about anointed men of God

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
shegzee43:

[/color][color=#990000]Did u say madness? my brother, I wld rather you keep mute than attract God's judgement. Let God judge him if his wrong o! Please don't attract curse 2 urself and generation after you. My candid advice.

God's judgement is on the following :

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping" - 2 Peter 2:3

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by CrimzP(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
Most 'Pastors/ Men of God' are now exploiting people's Emotions using bible verses to make donations. I don't see anything wrong in making donations anyway, but the question I ask is how many donations do they 'Pastors' give to the less privileged themselves.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Jhenny(f): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmm..... He didn't say 10 people should donate 10 billion naira...how wud he av said 1 person shud donate 1 billion naira,is that even possible,wot he mentioned was 1 million naira each and not 1 billion
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by mooregan(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
My line of concern is where de OP said no one withouta criminal record can donate 1Bill. But Dangote donated 1bill to Emergency rule affected states, does he have a criminal record??

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by calculusx(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Shine ur eyes.....Just passing by. grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by frodobee: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
If Dangote were to be a member i know the category he would belong. Definitely Cat C, he cannot be fooled.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
It is very bad that they will collect all these money from the congregation but take credit for all they use the money for,how many poor people are they helping? You cannot see adeboye coming out to criticize the killings in nigerian by boko haram or criticizing the government. Adeboye didn't come out to criticize the law for underage marriage by the senate but the same adeboye can ask for billions from people. All these so called pastors do is cruise around in expensive cars and private jet while their members suffer. Well it is only God that can judge our so called pastors.

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Youngzedd(m): 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
None of my business.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Yinky07: Sensitive issues like this should be left for God to judge .Mind what you say about anointed men of God

Every true Christian is anointed, no MAN has special anointing that earns him a guru like status.

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him." - 1 John 2:27

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Tintinix: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Matthew 16:19-21
 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Nobody is being forced!
How much is that Range Rover you wanna buy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Jhenny(f): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
Everything d op wrote up there is a lie,he didn't categorise any payment among the church.he only said those who r willing to donate shud raise their hands...it wasn't even possible for him to see d whole congregation....na wa o
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
The only thing i cannot do is to judge the servent of God,have you not heard "TOUCH NOT MY ANOITED AND DO MY PROPHETS NO HARM". . . . . . .ladies & gents,my advice for you all is that YOU SHOULD MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Only God can judge
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Babalegba(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thieves have taken over the Nigerian church

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Double post.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Wahala90: 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
I have learnt not to limit myself; even if I do, there are people who never do.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by BrightCar: 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
WHY ARE PEOPLE FUSSING OVER NOTHING. WHY ARE THEY SCARED OF A MATTER THAT IS GOD'S BUSINESS? HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE CRITICIZED BOKO HARAM OPENLY? ITS AN OPEN CALL TO ITS FOLLOWERS, ITS FAITHFULS, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. IS EVERY WEALTHY PERSON A CRIMINAL? SOLOMON IN THE BIBLE WAS VERY WEALTHY, DID HE STEAL? HOW MANY HAS ACCUSED DONGOTE THAT HE WAS FRAUDULENTLY RICH? SATAN GET YE BEHIND ME, THE KINGDOM OF GOD MUST MARCH ON AND NO GATE OF HELL CAN STOP IT.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by alienware(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
When u pay your tithe,your chances of going to heaven increases by 10%. Hahahahahahaha
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by k2039: 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
No matter how much money is pumped into Nigeria, we will always have the poor amongst us (majority at that).

The fact is that auditorium can't accommodate the amount of people trooping into the redemptionc camp, therefore wisdom demands that a new auditorium should be built or the existing one should be expanded.

Afterall, there was no compulsion for people to donate. Let this men of GOD be. If anyone has a problem, he should go and open up his own ministry.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by lafuria1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
You don't need to force people to donate. People donate because they see it as a means to heaven. Donations are good but should be for the right reasons. Donations to build structures shouldn't d aim anymore rather to solve poverty. The rich should give to the poor so that they will be a balance in the society.
I have no problem in persuading people to give because ordinarily man is stingy, afraid of want but the money gotten from d donation should focus more helping people in need.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by adwem2003(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
We can all c wat poverty has turned us too. 100million is nothing to some people in this country. Lord, pls bless ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ so that 1Billion will be noting to ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by eldega: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
I will continue to say this: RELIGION IS ONE OF OUR MAJOR PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY.......REMOVE RELIGION AND THIS COPUNTRY WILL BE GOOD

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by vanhelsing2099(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Fela voice. #i walka many places here in afrika

Pastor house na Im dey fine pass

Quote: I dnt blive in any pastor/imam. I blive in God

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by MT: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
The erastus akingbolas of Nigeria will donate. Pure mumudom. Many comments here reflect why Nigeria is still in the state she is. Smh!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by slimfit1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
The church need to split their services they don't need to expand, people can watch it on the tv we all can't be at the camp at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by juman(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
Problem of one nigeria.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by McLuhan(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

My brother, I don't understand the philosophy behind some of these acts of devotion. Believe me: Anyone who visits the present Redemption Camp will agree that it is by all means a gargantuan complex that must have cost mind-boggling sums to erect. And there is ample room for expansion on that site. To propose, then, that the church should acquire more land for a similar purpose smacks of either a psychosis of grandeur or a misplacement of priorities. Please, let RCCG devote some of its immense wealth and human resources to industrial and enterpreneural ventures that wiill help ameliorate Nigeria's chronic problem of unemployment. Youths are dying of frustration! I also beg the leaders of all religious bodies, social groups, and our political elites: Instead of lavishing your fortunes on grandiose edifices, invest them in helping the poor. God Himself will reward you.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by shegzee43: 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
[b][/b]1.Isaac sowed in that land and in the same year he reaped a hundred fold
Solomon commited the wealth of Isreal to biulding a beffiting house for God.
Prophet Haggai in Haggai 1:4-11 admonished those of his time to commit what the have(donate generously) to building the house of God.

Woe unto Adeboye if he abandons the work of God and the enlargement of the kingdom of heaven on earth for fear of vituperations.
The kingdom of heaven on earth must expand!! There is nothing we have of ours.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by BrightCar: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
arcbabe: It is very bad that they will collect all these money from the congregation but take credit for all they use the money for,how many poor people are they helping? You cannot see adeboye coming out to criticize the killings in nigerian by boko haram or criticizing the government. Adeboye didn't come out to criticize the law for underage marriage by the senate but the same adeboye can ask for billions from people. All these so called pastors do is cruise around in expensive cars and private jet while their members suffer. Well it is only God that can judge our so called pastors.
MY FRIEND YOU ARE A SMALL GIRL, MIND HOW YOU SPEAK, DON'T JOIN THE PHARISEES AND TALK ANY HOW, THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE. NO BODY TAKES CREDIT, ALL GLORY GOES TO GOD. IF GOD BLESSES YOU, WILL YOU REMAIN THE WAY YOU ARE, IN THAT MUD HOUSE OFCOURSE. WE ARE GLAD GOD IS HONORING HIS WORD... WITH THE FAITHFULS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy / Zimbabwean Pastor Sells 'Anointed' Cucumbers To Members During Service. PICS / Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.