Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium (46312 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Multi-billion Naira 3km Auditorium (2013 news) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by touchmeder: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
My major concern is the gridlock that will be caused along that highway. If members choose to contribute billions or not is their concern. why must the church be situated along that express way. why do we like to cause hard life for ourselves. you come abroad, look around and say ''why is my country Nigeria like this. why dont we have constant light, why are our roads bad, why is there always holdup? why do we have so much corruption, poor health and security concerns? we are more spiritual than these oyibo people but they fare more better than us in living standards; WHY''

Now dont get it twisted, Adeboye is not the cause of the problems listed above but his intention to build something that gigantic along the express way is cause for concern for those who will ply that road in the future.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by raffite: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
There is only one problem here. People who sincerely give to Church projects know the benefits and blessings attached. Unfortunately, many do not even believe in God talk of his blessings, so they keep shouting and complaining. How I wish I had up to One Billion Naira in my account right now, I will close the account for this project.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by mickypounds(m): 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
This is a very simple matter.If you have any of the amount mentioned and you are willing to give,please do but if u dont have or you are not willing to give,i'd rather you let the Man of God be and stop this uneccesary castigation.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
Money Talks grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by irecruit(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
[url]The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof;[/url] the world, and they that dwell therein.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
raffite: There is only one problem here. People who sincerely give to Church projects know the benefits and blessings attached. Unfortunately, many do not even believe in God talk of his blessings, so they keep shouting and complaining. How I wish I had up to One Billion Naira in my account right now, I will close the account for this project.

Throughout the ministry of Jesus and the Acts of the Apostles , there is not ONE instance where money was collected to build temples , money was always used to meet REAL needs.

Besides, the apostles and early Christians, went out into the world to meet the people , not waiting for the people to come and meet them.

Stop this deception.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by BrightCar: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
raffite: There is only one problem here. People who sincerely give to Church projects know the benefits and blessings attached. Unfortunately, many do not even believe in God talk of his blessings, so they keep shouting and complaining. How I wish I had up to One Billion Naira in my account right now, I will close the account for this project.
GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Wahala90: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Poverty don spoil this country
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by touchmeder: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
raffite: There is only one problem here. People who sincerely give to Church projects know the benefits and blessings attached but many do not even believe in God talk of his blessings so they keep shouting and complaining. How I wish I had up to 1Billion Naira in my account right now, I will close the account for this project.

You dont need to have a billion to give, God sees the heart. Give whatever you have in your account. Go to the original post and read the group C category please.
The church divided prospective donors into three groups – Category A Brethren would pay N1 billion; Category B Brethren would pay N100 million; and Category C Brethren would pay N50 million and below.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hahaha 2morrow he will say God says. Using God name to steal .Why d poor remains poor.The president himself will go to d so called Man of God for prayer. When time reach God will know who is Man of and Dady in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by georgee(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...

U can never separate them. So many have even donated their brains to their GOs, they cant think again. It's ok by them if their GOs buy 50private jets while they trek from surulere to Ibadan expressway/Iyana ipaja/Ayobo/Redemtion camp. They don't care if their GOs slap all the kids in Nigeria, their GOs is always right. They dont care if their GOs use the followers hard earned money to build schools which the followers kids cant afford. They dont care if their GOs keep praying for the theiving and corrupt politicians. Infact the list is endless. I am sure God himself will be so shocked at what Nigerian Christians have turned to. I wont be suprised at the way some pple defend thier GOs, even the criminal Rev King's supporters supported and defended him. O ma se ooooo.. kai

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Okijajuju1(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
.... I'll be back..
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Bushirenigeria(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
It's not all the time one needs to talk especially if you don't know what's going on.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by saintol(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmm! Meeeen, sebi na Just 1 billion naira. While you are here talking, i'm on my way to see the secretary and donate more than 1 billion naira. Out of ten people, one is gone, 9 more to go. Hurry while the stock last.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Ajibam: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Don't even know what to say,,,smh
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by davefieldpop(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
I Know all the people criticizing are category C cadre, u will neva eva see category A and B trading words, too classy 4 dat. GOD PLEASE MAKE ME A CATEGORY A( i go manage B lyk dat sha).
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
McLuhan:

My brother, I don't understand the philosophy behind some of these acts of devotion. Believe me: Anyone who visits the present Redemption Camp will agree that it is by all means a gargantuan complex that must have cost mind-boggling sums to erect. And there is ample room for expansion on that site. To propose, then, that the church should acquire more land for a similar purpose smacks of either a psychosis of grandeur or a misplacement of priorities. Please, let RCCG devote some of its immense wealth and human resources to industrial and enterpreneural ventures that wiill help ameliorate Nigeria's chronic problem of unemployment. Youths are dying of frustration! I also beg the leaders of all religious bodies, social groups, and our political elites: Instead of lavishing your fortunes on grandiose edifices, invest them in helping the poor. God Himself will reward you.

Thanks.

I will go one step further and tell Adeboye to sell ALL he has and give the money to the POOR.

There are hundreds of thousands of redeemed members living in debt and poverty , despite the endless collections.

I have been to A redeemed church where students could not pay their school fees, where people had other needs and yet tithes and offerings were collected day in day out. what !!!! Who is the money for anyway ? Even worse , the RCCG I attended had an emergency loan which must be paid back by those in need , what !!! Did Jesus not ask us to lend , not expecting anything back. It's a huge MESS.

If you want to give to GOD , give to people he loves and who were made in his image, stop giving to the building of MEN's empires.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Okwyjesus(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
JideTheBlogger: See levels......

God punish poverty.

No be small. l rather think on how to get there than this baseless argument. Believe it or not people will pay.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Afrok(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abeg bring me popcorn make I sit here dey watch as dis story ends while I wait for ASUU's meeting with d FG. Only God knows who is serving Him....
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by tomakint: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.
Always on POINT Frosbel! All these structures shall be consumed with fervent heat during God's fiery judgment on Earth, but one structure that will outlast life itself will be our GOOD WORKS after death! May God help his people the more cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by akatonero(m): 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
Wey d picture dey na?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by courage54(m): 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
Who knows that Adeniran in dis country to put Daddy G.O under fire? because I have never heard of that name before! Maybe it is because of his poverty mentality that limits him to the state he is today! SMH
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by tomakint: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
My fear is after the Demise of this Great Man of God, his successor will have tons of issues to deal with no doubt!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by surugede(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
acidosis™:

Will the structure erect itself or angels would be deployed from heaven to erect the structure free of charge?

Will the structure take care of itself, maintain itself and develop itself?

Anyways, I don't know the motivation behind the new hall, so I'd like to be neutral on this regard...

Take it from me, the team that would do the maintenance will still be volunteers, so if you think the maintenance will provide job, just forget it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
....judgement shall start from the house of the Lord....
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by olaiya2007(m): 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

God's judgement is on the following :

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping" - 2 Peter 2:3

who are you to judge...even quoting scriptures...smh 4 u...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Bond008(m): 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abeg i no fit shout o. All i can say is. God bless me, i want to be among those to give 1billion o. AMEN!
*like if thats your prayer too*
I HOPE I NO CAJOLE ANYBODY TO LIKE MY POST?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by opyzy(m): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=acidosis™]

Just work hard and pray for God's blessings..

[b]A large percentage of Nigerians may not see (let alone earn) 1billion naira till they die.. [/b]gbam datz a fact
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Bond008(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
tomakint: My fear is after the Demise of this Great Man of God, his successor will have tons of issues to deal with no doubt!
Why the worries? its Gods church. God knows how to take care of His church.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Wahala90: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

Throughout the ministry of Jesus and the Acts of the Apostles , there is not ONE instance where money was collected to build temples , money was always used to meet REAL needs.

Besides, the apostles and early Christians, went out into the world to meet the people , not waiting for the people to come and meet them.

Stop this deception.

Mumu Advocate. So wetin them go take build the temple? wetin be the use of temple if they should go out?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by AjanleKoko: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
ITbomb: And the members will start to feel guilty if they can not afford to make a donation.
Now the congregation is stratified along financial power: Category A, B and C.
Money that would have establish industry and minimize importation while providing jobs for the congregation is now use to erect a structure.

Anybody that feels guilty because they can't afford to donate N1bn needs very urgent psychiatric care grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
olaiya2007:

who are you to judge...even quoting scriptures...smh 4 u...

I am not judging, I am stating fact.

"Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do" - Galatians 2:10

If there are needy people currently in RCCG , they are No.1 priority not a 3km Auditorium.

smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy / Zimbabwean Pastor Sells 'Anointed' Cucumbers To Members During Service. PICS / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.