Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? (28830 Views)

Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? / Are South-south People Actually as they Are Always Depicted / Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
They use.
Spirit as in schnapp, ogirisi leave(igbo, don't know d english name),uzuke(that part of palm tree used in roasting yam,I think its unfertilized or undeveloped palm head).
The rest I don't know.
Rain making is actually scientific.
According to a rainmaker,those things they release to the atmosphere hv ppties that disperses formed clouds tru wind, just like some leaves can conveniently kill u if u chew them or make u mad.
Its just that our pple unlike the westerners r yet to embrace civilization in matters like that.

They r always happy keeping a lot of things as secrets.t
Those that r guru in botany will and can conveniently do it.

Civil engineers in d house, how does JB hold rain while constructing road?

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Okijajuju: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
lakesguy: Are you for real? What should ѱє̲̣̣̣̥ cal diz? Creativity or high degree of joblessness?

Who is this Bushfish Biko nu?!

Jobless indeed!! Come make Okija Juju give you employment and pay you minimum wage..

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lol one bulllshiit that I will never believe
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Okijajuju: 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
REALITY101: Lol one bulllshiit that I will never believe

Better pack out of your house this night, because Na flooding I dey send come your side, just to clear your doubt!! angry

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
It's funny that people still believe this shait in 2013. After una go say dem dey abuse una say una no dey employable.
Any graduate that believes this needs a serious whopping.
Despite what we know about condensation and evaporation, people are still spewing nonsense.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Okijajuju: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
A-town:
It's funny that people still believe this shait in 2013.

SHATTAP!!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Okija juju:

SHATTAP!!!! angry

my friend, have you taken your pills this morning?
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Okijajuju: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
A-town:

my friend, have you taken your pills this morning?

angry

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
BellaDonaFema:
The art of holding the rain is highly spiritual. Its not necessarily voodoo(juju).
In the Holy Bible, the prophets of yore(old) held back the rain too. An example is prophet Elijah.
The realm of the spiritual controls the physical. simple.
End of story!
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Kokobig: 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
In the Holy Bible, the prophets of yore(old) held back the rain too. An example is prophet Elijah.
The realm of the spiritual controls the physical. simple.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Okija juju:

angry

You no sabi respect elders abi. Don't worry i got your "mericine" waiting for you. It's that time of the month for you abi.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Okijajuju: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
angry I warned you!! angry

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by eMongo: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
nerodenero: God has given other gods power to function, the reason a mortal being can boast of holding rain. The most important thing is that God permits such to happen otherwise, it wont.

smiley
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
nickz: where I come from they burn a̶̲̥̅ particular leaf with salt and the person that does this doesn't eat.I know the leaf and I ƇΛИ do it.there's nothing spiritual ℓ̊n it.its the fumes from the burnt leaves that simply hold back the rain.#thats what I was told
Not that I believe in this but, why does the leaf-burner not eat. What implications has eating on the rain-holding?
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by steveec122(m): 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
yellowpawpaw: They use.
Spirit as in schnapp, ogirisi leave(igbo, don't know d english name),uzuke(that part of palm tree used in roasting yam,I think its unfertilized or undeveloped palm head).
The rest I don't know.
Rain making is actually scientific.
According to a rainmaker,those things they release to the atmosphere hv ppties that disperses formed clouds tru wind, just like some leaves can conveniently kill u if u chew them or make u mad.
Its just that our pple unlike the westerners r yet to embrace civilization in matters like that.

They r always happy keeping a lot of things as secrets.t
Those that r guru in botany will and can conveniently do it.

Civil engineers in d house, how does JB hold rain while constructing road?
I just answered as a Material and Metallurgist, we call it Nucleation and De- Nucleation of water molecules: you wanna try FUTO?
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by itsik(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
I think rain making and rain control is more of a scientific exercise than the so called "JUJU" okijajuju good evening.
I will first start with moving the rain to another part or chasing it away. I remember sometime around 2002 when I was in secondary school. Julius bedger construction company wanted to construct an new road beside my school at UTURU abia state, it wanted to rain heavily that day and they've mixed their cement for the slabs to cover one big water drainage they made. The next thing we heard was a shot and there was red smoke in the sky. Do u know that that heavy rain didn't drop one bit till the next day. But all the neighboring villages experienced rain that day.
Its just like sending dry air to go and disperce or scatter the wet cloud that's gathering. If u know the water circle well. After evaporation, comes condensation but when u have enough dry air substance to scatter or disperse this moisture containing cloud and air, the moisture will go and gather some other place it finds ok and fall there. This is done traditionally. If u notice they always burn a leaf or something which sends smoke up to the sky.

Then bringing the rain. There a lot of chemical substances that are know to attract moisture some are in gaseous form and also exist in nature is some of these shrubs and tree we see everyday. When one is able to send up into the clouds this kind of substance, they will attract moisture and cos rain. This is how rain is made artificially. Cos when air carrying water "humid air" gather and presumably the area gets saturated, the next thing we have is condensation. That's it

PLS note: this doesn't mean that there might not be diabolic ways or bringing and shifting rain. All I did was to scientifically back some of the practices. Example, like the one I said JULIUS BEDGER did.
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Okijajuju: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
its ik: "JUJU" okijajuju good evening.

Thanks

Nwannem Nwoke!!

Udo diri gi..
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by temisukanmi(f): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
nickz: where I come from they burn a̶̲̥̅ particular leaf with salt and the person that does this doesn't eat.I know the leaf and I ƇΛИ do it.there's nothing spiritual ℓ̊n it.its the fumes from the burnt leaves that simply hold back the rain.#thats what I was told
lolzzzzzzzz... Ar ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ kidding
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by dhardline(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
P.S. J.B Has been holding the rain in Lagos for quite a long time now as it rains heavily in other states but does not drop at all in a coastal state.watch out for this,any evening you look up to the sky and notice the clouds colour has turned towards reddish colour just know they are holding the rain.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by olasesi(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
Well, I really can't say if this is possible...true there are no scientific evidences or facts to hold that, it may also be 'dangerous' to completely discredit the stories of the many people who claim this...what are the chances that few of the stories are true?....I'm not saying it's true because most people believe it...most people believe the earth was flat too...and most people were wrong....but u sure should agree that it's worthy of a 'look into'...
But one thing is clear...."It's dubious"
This claim and similar ones have always failed the "indirect test", simple questions thrown at them....Let's begin.
If the rain can be 'held', why (to be continued)
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
holding the rain is easy, it can be done in three ways

1. go to the club, spray money and make it rain, then stop suddenly

2. while you are pissing, contract your muscles and make it stop

3. during h0t s3x, when you are about to cum, withdraw, thereby stoping the rain that was about to be unleashed

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY

#omoge yo idi eh, ara fe san, yo idi eh, ojo fe ro#
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
Richbee: That's quite a tale. Tot only God had those powers. Aii

Trash that your God crap.......this things are real and are esoteric knowledge. Only those that know it can do it just the way you and your igbo pirators cant make fake coca-cola just like we have fake and copied cd out there today.

It is not a tale.....call it natural wonders known to some set of people. This is not oxygen and hydrogen which everybody know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Numerouuuno: 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Truly............... Strange things abound
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Blessmira: 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
philip.adesola:
No scientific proof. Simply juju.

Okija Juju is here 2 explain dt in details. cheesy
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by bendovex: 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
There is nothing spiritual in inducing/holding back rain,it's just science. Believe it or not.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by bendovex: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
its ik: I think rain making and rain control is more of a scientific exercise than the so called "JUJU" okijajuju good evening.
I will first start with moving the rain to another part or chasing it away. I remember sometime around 2002 when I was in secondary school. Julius bedger construction company wanted to construct an new road beside my school at UTURU abia state, it wanted to rain heavily that day and they've mixed their cement for the slabs to cover one big water drainage they made. The next thing we heard was a shot and there was red smoke in the sky. Do u know that that heavy rain didn't drop one bit till the next day. But all the neighboring villages experienced rain that day.
Its just like sending dry air to go and disperce or scatter the wet cloud that's gathering. If u know the water circle well. After evaporation, comes condensation but when u have enough dry air substance to scatter or disperse this moisture containing cloud and air, the moisture will go and gather some other place it finds ok and fall there. This is done traditionally. If u notice they always burn a leaf or something which sends smoke up to the sky.

Then bringing the rain. There a lot of chemical substances that are know to attract moisture some are in gaseous form and also exist in nature is some of these shrubs and tree we see everyday. When one is able to send up into the clouds this kind of substance, they will attract moisture and cos rain. This is how rain is made artificially. Cos when air carrying water "humid air" gather and presumably the area gets saturated, the next thing we have is condensation. That's it

PLS note: this doesn't mean that there might not be diabolic ways or bringing and shifting rain. All I did was to scientifically back some of the practices. Example, like the one I said JULIUS BEDGER did.
Thanks
you have said it all.thank u for the explanations, I just hope nairalanders will learn from ur write up.
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
It is possible. Farmers around the world do it. I've seen it myself.

It involves you concentrating your spiritual energies on the rains, force that brings rain/clouds, etc., i.e., the Rain God.

You will have to perform certain sacrifices (since you are asking for something {Rain} )., and ofcourse rituals as well.

some people even dance to the Rain God to appease the forces (human-style). cool

1 Like

Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by Blessmira: 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
rigormortis: holding the rain is easy, it can be done in three ways

1. go to the club, spray money and make it rain, then stop suddenly

2. while you are pissing, contract your muscles and make it stop

3. during h0t s3x, when you are about to cum, withdraw, thereby stoping the rain that was about to be unleashed

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY

#omoge yo idi eh, ara fe san, yo idi eh, ojo fe ro#

Chai, i wonder who did this 2 u.
U beta find ur way back 2 Yaba left. cheesy
Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by jjwaterfalls(f): 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
lipsrsealed
SimonAndal:
I'm ashamed to come from the same place as many people here. Hold the rain indeed! I laugh in condensation!!!

Do you leave in Nigeria at all, or aren't' you aware that there are some parts in Nigeria where burial ceremonies are held on a particular day of the week u barely get to see any rain on such days.....I at least have seen with my eyes and can testify to that. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife & Alaafin Of Oyo Attend The Finals Of Shina Peller Unity Cup / Sleepless Ordeals Of Nigerians.. / Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.