Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? (2885 Views)

Ladies: What Would You Do If You See Your Kids Like This? / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:00am On Aug 14, 2013
Morning to all my pretty, gorgeous & wonderful ladies!!!

This is a piece from my mind I thought to share with you all.

Have u been a good woman to ur husband? Have u been a good fiancee to ur fiance?
Have u been a worthy girlfriend to your boyfriend?

Its a thing of the past to have a man in your life & yet u don't add any value to him.
He buys you nice things, takes u to nice places, makes u feel like a queen......am happy for you....I guess you got a caring man!!

But what are u giving back in return? SEX & FOOD?

Be motivated this morning ladies, add more lasting values to a man you love!! Help him be a better man for you.....challenge him to invest in his future...instead of helping him squander his money....work on his ideals....if you want a husband who doesn't keep late night 2-4-7....the work starts now!!!

Don't nag him....don't threaten him....don't give him ultimatums....that might backfire!!!

Give ur man a reason to come back home early to you! Let him have enough peace of mind to want to be with you!!

Remember you were not born with brazillian wigs.....let ur expenses be moderate when it comes to looking good!! A potential husband will always look deeper beyond all the artificial add-ons to convince him you are the one!!

Help him grow spiritually.....whatever religion you believe in, keep the fire of your faith burning...in words & deeds....learn to pray with him & for him!!

Work on ur hygiene, work on your modesty in dressing, work on your resourcefulness, don't be his reason to always go to the ATM machines, learn not to speak negatively in time of anger!!

A man who sees a reason to ask you out in the first place already has an interest in you.....increase your value before him!!

Wishing you all goodluck in ur relationship & marriages!!!

Regards

Royal Roy.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2013
Why do you naija guys especially in Nigeria have this skewed mentality that buying stuff is the be all and end all of your duty to your relationship? By socalled 'nice things' he means things like $1 ice cream o. That is what he considers adding value to someone's life, rotflmao! I actually blame the ratchet women that has sold their lives because of a cup of ice cream or hair, while the men prance around with dirty, unscrupulous and lousy characters.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by ifeegee(f): 7:16am On Aug 15, 2013
Why do your kind always assume and conclude that women are the monsters in every relationship ?
You feel and assume that you're doing the womenfolk a favour by being married or in a ralationship with them.
For your info,being married or dating is a conscious effort by two consenting man & woman. Therefore,it becomes their sole
responsibility to make such union work.

More so,there is what is called TEAMWORK, it's not a term synonymous to a football or basketballteam alone.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2013
^^^ Ladies, don't miss the OP's point. He is simply advocating for the tango in all relationships....you know it's a dance for two wink

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2013
moreeni: ^^^ Ladies, don't miss the OP's point. He is simply advocating for the tango in all relationships....you know it's a dance for two wink

I guess you read well between the lines!!

It is not a female bashing thread...its a call to duty for the female folks!!

Try to add value to a man's life, if you find him worthy to be with!!!

Not talking about a hit & run kind of man, in a hit & run relationship!!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:41am On Aug 15, 2013
ifee-gee:

Why do your kind always assume and conclude that women are the monsters in every relationship ?

You feel and assume that you're doing the womenfolk a favour by being married or in a ralationship with them.

Please go and improve on your level of comprehension!!!

Where have you seeing or read how "monstrous" women are in the write-up?

It will help you discourse issues objectively!!
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2013
stillwater:

Why do you naija guys especially in Nigeria have this skewed mentality that buying stuff is the be all and end all of your duty to your relationship? By socalled 'nice things' he means things like $1 ice cream o. That is what he considers adding value to someone's life, rotflmao!

So you will stay in a relationship with a man, call him yours....and probably marry a man who buys you only $1 ice cream
Be objective in your reason & stop being so Myopic
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 15, 2013
stillwater: Why do you naija guys especially in Nigeria have this skewed mentality that buying stuff is the be all and end all of your duty to your relationship?

Me too I'm scratching my head wondering what long lasting values the guy in the OP's scenario has brought to this relationship that corresponds to all the values the woman has to bring.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2013
Naija women don suffer...

Na me need petting pass sef.

But I though we are the weaker s ex undecided.

We definitely need the petting more.

Also note @ OP, behind every nagging woman, there is a Man not doing what he is supposed to do.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by ifeegee(f): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2013
Royal Roy:

Please go and improve on your level of comprehension!!!

Where have you seeing or read how "monstrous" women are in the write-up?

It will help you discourse issues objectively!!

Look at who is talking about comprehension and objectivity. You picked what pricked your ego most & highlighted .
Your post is a subjective topic and demands same responds as well. You typed how you felt and I responded likewise,if you have a problem with that, na you Sabi.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by esmeralda1(f): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2013
I dont seem to understand what all the friction is about, the op just decided to say his mind but unfortunately for some women it seemed to have hit a wrong side in them, someone else may open a thread tomorrow directing the advice to the men so y not just read, take whatever u can from it and if u gained nothing therefrom move ahead.
I read thru it and just tot of it concerning my man im i doing these things? Do i need to get better in some of them or im just good with how i am ?
thanks op ur points are noted.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by bukatyne(f): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2013
Royal Roy: Morning to all my pretty, gorgeous & wonderful ladies!!!

Have u been a good woman to ur husband? Have u been a good fiancee to ur fiance?

Its a thing of the past to have a man in your life & yet u don't add any value to him.
He buys you nice things, takes u to nice places, makes u feel like a queen......am happy for you....I guess you got a caring man!!

Be motivated this morning ladies, add more lasting values to a man you love!! Help him be a better man for you.....challenge him to invest in his future...instead of helping him squander his money....work on his ideals....if you want a husband who doesn't keep late night 2-4-7....the work starts now!!!

Don't nag him....don't threaten him....don't give him ultimatums....that might backfire!!!

Give ur man a reason to come back home early to you! Let him have enough peace of mind to want to be with you!!

Remember you were not born with brazillian wigs.....let ur expenses be moderate when it comes to looking good!! A potential husband will always look deeper beyond all the artificial add-ons to convince him you are the one!!

Help him grow spiritually.....whatever religion you believe in, keep the fire of your faith burning...in words & deeds....learn to pray with him & for him!!

Work on ur hygiene, work on your modesty in dressing, work on your resourcefulness, don't be his reason to always go to the ATM machines, learn not to speak negatively in time of anger!!

A man who sees a reason to ask you out in the first place already has an interest in you.....increase your value before him!!

Regards

Royal Roy.

While I agree with you telling women to add value to their relationship 100%, a man who only add financial value to their relationship is the same as a woman who adds food/ domestics to the relationship.

P.S.: When did se.x become a value women add in relationship? Is it not the man who actually does the work? Does the woman not enjoy it? As a matter of fact, it's only prostitutes who have se.x as the value they add.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by deols(f): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
stillwater: Why do you naija guys especially in Nigeria have this skewed mentality that buying stuff is the be all and end all of your duty to your relationship? By socalled 'nice things' he means things like $1 ice cream o. That is what he considers adding value to someone's life, rotflmao! I actually blame the ratchet women that has sold their lives because of a cup of ice cream or hair, while the men prance around with dirty, unscrupulous and lousy characters.

LOL.

And for the ice cream,she has to do all of the above.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by deols(f): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
All of the above make sense actually. But a man and woman need to do these for/with each other.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Royal Roy:

So you will stay in a relationship with a man, call him yours....and probably marry a man who buys you only $1 ice cream
Be objective in your reason & stop being so Myopic

Is that a rhetorical question? I can take care of myself, thank you. I've gotten gifts like a fruit basket with a nice note. Sorry I'm not from a firewood nkwobi background that detest the simple pleasures of romance. How do you guys enjoy your relationship with all the monetary basis hovering over your head, ewww. Nigerian girls in Nigeria have really bastardized our reputation for real that all a man thinks he needs to do to add value to a woman's life is to buy kulikuli and groundnut, meanwhile his character rots. Both the Nigerian man and woman need proper orientation. All of you make a mockery of relationship ranging from the one who sells her life for hair and the one who thinks buying something with a depreciating value as hair is adding value to his woman's life.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
Royal Roy: Morning to all my pretty, gorgeous & wonderful ladies!!!

Regards

Royal Roy.

Chei . . . all this work just to get him to buy us gifts and take us places! embarassed embarassed

I wonder what we will have to do to make him respect us, stay true and faithful in our marriages, and be the responsible father his kids deserve.

Kill ourselves maybe undecided

Mtcheeeeeeeeeew!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

Chei . . . all this work just to get him to buy us gifts and take us places! embarassed embarassed

I wonder what we will have to do to make him respect us, stay true and faithful in our marriages, and be the responsible father his kids deserve.

Kill ourselves maybe !

Uju.....Never dissapointing......you jump on the bandwagon wherever it may be heading......without asking.....I laugh in Egun!!

You already said it all........." what we will have to do to make him respect us, stay true and faithful in our marriages, and be the responsible father his kids deserve"

That's the aim....and not the stewpid assumptions you typed in the first paragraph!!!

Whoever has to do all of that just for flipping "1dollar ice cream & taking you out" has no self value!
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Women and multiple problems. I've gone tru the post and c nothing wrong with d write up. We equally posts topics like this directed to d menfolk and they go tru them
Must everything turn to gender equality bashing thread?
I tire o!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Women and multiple problems. I've gone tru the post and c nothing wrong with d write up. We equally posts topics like this directed to d menfolk and they go tru them
I tire o!

Help Me tell them o!!
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Women and multiple problems. I've gone tru the post and c nothing wrong with d write up. We equally posts topics like this directed to d menfolk and they go tru them
I tire o!

The problem is when people come up with craps like this for women to 'keep' their men. I don't see that many craps for men to keep their women!

See the woman in the other thread with a one minute man who doesn't give a damn about it and some people are still insinuating she needs to do all the work! It's becoming tiribg abeg.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Royal Roy:

Uju.....Never dissapointing......you jump on the bandwagon wherever it may be heading......without asking.....I laugh in Egun!!

You already said it all........." what we will have to do to make him respect us, stay true and faithful in our marriages, and be the responsible father his kids deserve"

That's the aim....and not the stewpid assumptions you typed in the first paragraph!!!

Whoever has to do all of that just for flipping "1dollar ice cream & taking you out" has no self value!

You always come off as someone who has little regards for women, and yet you expect all that from a woman!

Pray tell, what do you have to offer in return, aside from taking her out?

PS: if I bothered to read the other comments before posting I probably wouldn't have bothered. You got enough rebuke as it were cool cool
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
chaircover: The guy is just advising us ladies . . and I am sure that there are some ladies already writing their own list of advise for men too wink

He has said some very relevant things

There are just too much of these threads for women. If there were as much for men things might not be so bad!

I think the guys need to advice themselves first before they start advicing us.

Of course he said 'useful' things, why won't he? He know what makes him happy. The question is, does he know what makes her happy? Or should she just be grateful she has a man at all
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

I think the guys need to advice themselves first before they start advicing us.

Of course he said 'useful' things, why won't he? He know what makes him happy. The question is, does he know what makes her happy?

So how hard is it for you to come up with tips on how to keep a man?

Instead of complaining & dissing the Op.....Educate me......am willing to learn!!
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Very insightful thread RR.

LOL

Like we ALL don't know being rich isn't the first item on their typical Priority for a Suitor??

Abi no be this same NL with open moniker histories... Just click and see.

Smdh.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
I've noticed you so run along now! cool cool
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
chaircover: The guy is just advising us ladies . . and I am sure that there are some ladies already writing their own list of advise for men too wink

He has said some very relevant things

You are one of the mature people in this family section. Some people actually behave like primary school children where everything is girls vs boys. They simply cannot reason beyond that.

The OP has given some advise. It does not apply to every Nigerian woman for sure, may be not even most. But it may be good advise for a few women out there. He never said Nigerian men were perfect and had no flaws. Summary is that some ladies need to know men generally expect more than sex and cooking, cleaning, having babies etc. They also expect their women to be a partner to them in other areas. The fact is that not all men may even share his view and most women may already know what the poster is trying to say. But I dont think we need to attack poster and turn this to another girls vs boys thread. He asked for matured responses please!
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nashville:
Summary is that some ladies need to know men generally expect more than sex and cooking, cleaning, having babies etc. They also expect their women to be a partner to them in other areas. The fact is that not all men may even share his view and most women may already know what the poster is trying to say. !

Finally......reasonable people came along!!!
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
This thread should be in romance section, that is where you will find the ladies and men you dey advice, rotflmao.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by armyofone(m): 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
@ RR
No need wailing around the bush now wink. Tell it hooah, in essence: Be a working wifey and don't stay at home offering me food, sex and children.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
armyofone: @ RR
No need wailing around the bush now wink. Tell it hooah, in essence: Be a working wifey and don't stay at home offering me food, sex and children.

Exactly.

If some women talk they would say Since I sleep with you, bare your kids, cook your meals I deserve to get paid.
Re: Ladies, What Values Are You Adding? by bukatyne(f): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
dayokanu:

Exactly.

If some women talk they would say Since I sleep with you, bare your kids, cook your meals I deserve to get paid.

Any woman that thinks like that should become a cleaner, maid or surrogate mother for pay.

It would also help if men don't think that the only value they add is money.

We both need to step up our game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Feel Is Your Family/friends Impression Of Your Salary / The Very Poor Boy At Silverbird Galleria / Adorable Pictures That Will Make You Want A Baby.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.