Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp (11859 Views)

Ten Types Of People You Will Find In The Bank This Last Day Of BVN / 6 Types Of People You Meet In Nigerian Banks / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by TRhanco(f): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
Humans by nature are competitive, creative, calculative and callous. We are also dependent, overbearing, and wonderful and friendly. But when it comes to business...You need to stay away from these type of people.

1. Gist Carriers

It’s hard to resist inside information and gossip. Finding out the reasons behind someone’s decisions, the motivations behind someone’s actions, the inside scoop about someone’s hidden agenda–jeez, that stuff is hard to resist.

The problem is, the person who gives you the inside scoop on other people is also giving other people the inside scoop on you.

The people you want in your inner circle are willing to share the inside scoop on only their own thoughts or feelings–that’s not gossip, that’s just truth.

2. Fanatical Devotees
On the other end of the spectrum is the person who thinks your every thought and deed is astounding, amazing, incredible.

Unconditional praise is fun but rarely helpful. Hey! Get real. None of us are that smart, that insightful, or that talented. Often we do get it wrong. Often we do make mistakes. But often we don’t realize it until someone tells us.

It’s easy to tell someone he or she is great. It’s much, much harder to tell someone he or she can do better. It takes a real friend to say that and that’s who you need.

Don’t pay much attention to what your fanatical devotees have to say.

3. Devilish Advocates
Devilish advocates are rarely advocates for anything other than their own egos and points of view. “Voice of reason” is often just the voice of ego or the voice of a person who tried and failed and therefore thinks no one can–or more likely should–ever succeed.

Keep the people who ask smart questions, share lessons learnt and ways to do things differently, and offer to help you if a problem does pop up.

Get rid of the people who always forecast doom and gloom based solely on their bad experiences. People who only have pessimistic views to share can become a heavy stone in you golden egg-filled basket. Your results may vary because you aren’t them and you don’t need them.

4. Backstabbers
The people in your inside circle should have one another’s backs. You don’t need a backstabber on your team. They infiltrate your golden eggs, pass on offensive smells round and will eventually, crush your hard earn basket of opportunities.

Backstabbers have no one’s back but their own.

5. Ego Freaks
You don’t want to be in the company of people who thinks life begins and ends around them. This kind of people never supports a good decision made by any other person except them!

Self-interest is good. Enlightened self-interest is better. Self-centered just sucks to be around.

You would want to move your golden eggs away from their caucus. Don’t try to change their minds, Just move on. It’s easy.

They won’t even notice you’re gone as they will be busy counting making justifying their position.

6. Prophets with Premonitions
These set of people provides a thousand and one possible ways in which your brilliant idea will fail. They have the uncanny ability to foresee every stones and hammers that may want to crack up your golden eggs. But have no plausible answer to how to protect your business or investment.

Really, being in good business is a challenge in its own, you don’t need a constant reminder of the gravity of a failed deal- if any.

Granted, none of us want to make a mistake we could have avoided. But when someone always counters every single idea with a never-ending list of reasons it just won’t work, then he or she needs to go, because unreasonable doubt is the enemy of achievement.

If my idea truly won’t work, I definitely want to know. Tell me, tell me why, and then tell me what might work instead. Then you’re helping. Then we can go places together.

Otherwise, we should just go our separate ways.

7. Needy Folks
Yes, you need to repair your basket and give your golden eggs some good polishing to prevent them from cracking up.

What doesn’t make sense is when you need to “service” some personal and professional relationships or they fall apart: They need regular check-ins. They need regular contact so they can feel reassured that you still “care.” When they don’t get serviced, they make you feel you’ve somehow let them down.

In short, they’re needy.

Real professional relationships are based on only one kind of need: The people you truly want in your inner circle are there when you really need them–just like you are for them.

8. Everything Goes Buddies
Some people just drift like zombies. They take up any task, wander aimlessly from day to day and year to year with no plan, no purpose, no goal. They are just okay with every decision and directives.

This is disastrous! You may get bitten too.

Surround yourself with people who have ambitious plans and are driven by meaningful purposes. Their goals may be different from yours–and they probably will be–but you’ll feed off their energy, and they’ll feed off yours in a healthy, relaxed mode.

Stay away from the walking dead. They won’t kill you, but they’ll definitely kill your motivation and enthusiasm.

You’ve worked way too hard to build your golden basket. Do not let it go down while you watch
http://www.bizngr.com/management-tips/8-types-of-people-you-need-to-kick-off-your-business-camp-omotayo-bakare/

9 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by oxygen47: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
How can I need people dat will destroy me?
@op, see me see case o!
Ur write up says I shud stay away from them
Pls modify topic sharply
Thanks
Note: A good percentage of business financiers fall into one or more of this category
We need d money
How do we handle dat?

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by butpro(m): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
;DNumber 6 is not clear, can you elaborate if you eventually typed this. Waiting. I dnt want noise of 1st,2nd, 3rd to comment nonsense o......
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Shedysworld(m): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Sometimes they are needed to propell you, but you also apply wisdom
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by swizzle(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by free2ryhme: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
if they contribute 99% of the funds needed to do the bizness wahala no dey
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by tolu4you: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
reserved
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
This is nice. Fanatical devotees are the worst in my opinion. I always love it when someone can tell me I'm wrong or create a better solution than me. It's one of the best learning processes.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by otumfour(m): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
these lists coming up everyday sef undecided...with this list, it means, 1 cannot even work wit anybody, cuz errbody embodies 1 of these lol
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2013
True talk poster.
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by yuzedo: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
i click dis tread cos am especting u to name d poeple to fear. ok bro. can i sack chukudi from my sweetus alaba macket bisness? yes or no?! d boy smell like [size=4pt]okija_juju[/size] goattheif!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by homesteady(m): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2013

1. Gist Carriers
It’s hard to resist inside information and
gossip. Finding out the reasons behind
someone’s decisions, the motivations behind
someone’s actions, the inside scoop about
someone’s hidden agenda–jeez, that stuff is
hard to resist.
The problem is, the person who gives you
the inside scoop on other people is also
giving other people the inside scoop on you.
The people you want in your inner circle are
willing to share the inside scoop on only
their own thoughts or feelings–that’s not
gossip, that’s just truth.

You need this type of people oh!! But make sure you keep secrets from them

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by TRhanco(f): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
Some people are just too afraid to take a business risk-that may eventually sell if executed perfectly. But the prophets of premonition tells you not to try at all lest you fail.
butpro: ;DNumber 6 is not clear, can you elaborate if you eventually typed this. Waiting. I dnt want noise of 1st,2nd, 3rd to comment nonsense o......
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by slinkman(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
i kinda like d everything goes buddies...
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by condralbede(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
noted.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by kokoye(m): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
You do need trumpet blowers though.
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by TRhanco(f): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
Yes, you need the money. But do not because of the money forget your self and the real goal you have set for your business. In the end, if you tolerate these people, they will bring you down and all you've worked for crashes.
oxygen47: How can I need people dat will destroy me?
@op, see me see case o!
Ur write up says I shud stay away from them
Pls modify topic sharply
Thanks
Note: A good percentage of business financiers fall into one or more of this category
We need d money
How do we handle dat?

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by TRhanco(f): 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
Correct!
Shedysworld: Sometimes they are needed to propell you, but you also apply wisdom
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by slimming: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
These sets of people will be very necessary for publicity.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by InvertedHammer: 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
/
You have ended up enumerating the qualities of about 95% of people in the world.

I guess the best bet is "NO BUSINESS".

It is called People and/or Business Management for a reason.

You will be managing tough situations which include human beings.

//
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
Bill gates and dangote didn't read all dis rigorous lists before they made it jor
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
lazy people re best pick in business camp, they will always look 4 a short cut 2 achieve greater result.

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
1. Gist Carriers

It’s hard to resist inside information and gossip. Finding out the reasons behind someone’s decisions, the motivations behind someone’s actions, the inside scoop about someone’s hidden agenda–jeez, that stuff is hard to resist.

The problem is, the person who gives you the inside scoop on other people is also giving other people the inside scoop on you.

The people you want in your inner circle are willing to share the inside scoop on only their own thoughts or feelings–that’s not gossip, that’s just truth.

2. Fanatical Devotees On the other end of the spectrum is the person who thinks your every thought and deed is astounding, amazing, incredible.

Unconditional praise is fun but rarely helpful. Hey! Get real. None of us are that smart, that insightful, or that talented. Often we do get it wrong. Often we do make mistakes. But often we don’t realize it until someone tells us.

It’s easy to tell someone he or she is great. It’s much, much harder to tell someone he or she can do better. It takes a real friend to say that and that’s who you need.

Don’t pay much attention to what your fanatical devotees have to say.

3. Devilish Advocates Devilish advocates are rarely advocates for anything other than their own egos and points of view. “Voice of reason” is often just the voice of ego or the voice of a person who tried and failed and therefore thinks no one can–or more likely should–ever succeed.

Keep the people who ask smart questions, share lessons learnt and ways to do things differently, and offer to help you if a problem does pop up.

Get rid of the people who always forecast doom and gloom based solely on their bad experiences. People who only have pessimistic views to share can become a heavy stone in you golden egg-filled basket. Your results may vary because you aren’t them and you don’t need them.

4. Backstabbers The people in your inside circle should have one another’s backs. You don’t need a backstabber on your team. They infiltrate your golden eggs, pass on offensive smells round and will eventually, crush your hard earn basket of opportunities.

Backstabbers have no one’s back but their own.

5. Ego Freaks You don’t want to be in the company of people who thinks life begins and ends around them. This kind of people never supports a good decision made by any other person except them!

Self-interest is good. Enlightened self-interest is better. Self-centered just sucks to be around.

You would want to move your golden eggs away from their caucus. Don’t try to change their minds, Just move on. It’s easy.

They won’t even notice you’re gone as they will be busy counting making justifying their position.

6. Prophets with Premonitions These set of people provides a thousand and one possible ways in which your brilliant idea will fail. They have the uncanny ability to foresee every stones and hammers that may want to crack up your golden eggs. But have no plausible answer to how to protect your business or investment.

Really, being in good business is a challenge in its own, you don’t need a constant reminder of the gravity of a failed deal- if any.

Granted, none of us want to make a mistake we could have avoided. But when someone always counters every single idea with a never-ending list of reasons it just won’t work, then he or she needs to go, because unreasonable doubt is the enemy of achievement.

If my idea truly won’t work, I definitely want to know. Tell me, tell me why, and then tell me what might work instead. Then you’re helping. Then we can go places together.

Otherwise, we should just go our separate ways.

7. Needy Folks Yes, you need to repair your basket and give your golden eggs some good polishing to prevent them from cracking up.

What doesn’t make sense is when you need to “service” some personal and professional relationships or they fall apart: They need regular check-ins. They need regular contact so they can feel reassured that you still “care.” When they don’t get serviced, they make you feel you’ve somehow let them down.

In short, they’re needy.

Real professional relationships are based on only one kind of need: The people you truly want in your inner circle are there when you really need them–just like you are for them.

8. Everything Goes Buddies Some people just drift like zombies. They take up any task, wander aimlessly from day to day and year to year with no plan, no purpose, no goal. They are just okay with every decision and directives.

This is disastrous! You may get bitten too.

Surround yourself with people who have ambitious plans and are driven by meaningful purposes. Their goals may be different from yours–and they probably will be–but you’ll feed off their energy, and they’ll feed off yours in a healthy, relaxed mode.

Stay away from the walking dead. They won’t kill you, but they’ll definitely kill your motivation and enthusiasm.

You’ve worked way too hard to build your golden basket. Do not let it go down while you watch
@op, business environment will not b competitive if all this features re lacking.

Someone needs 2 stab u frm behind, dats is wen u need 2 watch carefully n increase ur working capacity
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by endy247(f): 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
No 7, are d ones i hate d most, alwaz making u feel u've wronged dem all d time.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
In other words, you don't need anyone! grin
Abeg, most of us fall into one category or the other here o!
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Suhaibu(m): 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nice one.

I guess the moral of the story is to be careful of the types of people around your business.

You can easily fire the ones that over do their thing, or just ignore other ones.

Saved the article for future use by the way.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by fr3do(m): 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nice write up
#eggtins
Re: Types Of People You Need To Kick-off Your Business Camp by Coldfeet(f): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2013
Oh gosh! I gat some around me! Time to snip snip!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? / Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market / Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.