Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian (783 Views)

We Are Committed To Ending Incessant Strike Actions- Buhari / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo / EXCLUSIVE: Chad ‘fuelling’ Boko Haram Insurgency With Eyes On Borno Oil Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by Idokojimmy: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
I first heard the concept of "thinking outside the box" from my boss. Each time there is an issue that needs urgent solutions, he prevails on his employees to do magic outside the conventional common sense. It is on this premise that I seek to x-ray the recurring industrial actions in our polity, especially when there is an insignificant contentious issue.

We all know that Nigerian politicians are desperate people. When in power, some try to improve on the society while others see it as opportunity to participate in the national moimoi abi cake.
Those that fallout of govt quickly become ardent critics, human right activists, anti corruption crusader and so on, sponsoring protests, strikes, and ultimately stirring resentment against govt.

Although some meaningful achievement are recorded by some admin, opposition elements, using propaganda as their tool, concoct positions just to make that govt unpopular. They become friends to media houses and regularly publish watery subversive articles, abusing and cursing leaders, they hold conferences, and most times go abroad. Undeniably, the power, aviations, rail, agric, and education sector have fared well in this admin, yet we still have people vilifying the govt. well, this is not to say that Gej is perfect, there is much to be done.

In recent times, few sectors have embarked on industrial actions- ASUU, ASUP, those in the oil sector, NULGE, NLC etc. sometimes, their grievances are so minute that one wonder if the issue is enof to hold the nation to ransome. Today ASUU claims that it's N92b Or nothing; ASUP is warming up for round 2, and a host of others. The question is what is the incentive for these actions?

2015 is drawing closer by the day, and the APC in their normal character appears to be disparate. They believe that the way power can slip into the hands is by making the PDP unpopular. Is it not possible that they are fuelling the Amber's of the striking workers? Or subverting the efforts of present admin? Why was ASUU chairman reported to have visited Tinubu? Is there is heinous collaboration going on?

My concern is the emergence of a better Nigeria. The opposition forces must bury their sword. Nigeria must not develop in their hands. While operating from the outside, they should be partners in progress and not spoilers.
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by usmanyaro17: 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
I can't agree with you more....
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by UberPissed: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
The occupy Nigeria was sponsored by both the opposition and oil subsidy racketeers.

Nigerians don't understand that any time you see a pot hole on the streets some one is feasting fast.
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by Idokojimmy: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
Dinosaur was alleged to have bought a bar and new Bugatti after the subsidy protest. Let's not forget that he was at the forefront of Kogi protest. Today he still claims to be an activist
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by bloggernaija: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
Inflation , unemployment ,insecurity,depreciation value of the naira,depletion of the foriegn reserves and dysfunction government .
YOUR NAIRA WILL SIMPLY NOT GO AS FAR AS IT USED TO AND IT IS SIMPLY NORMAL FOR THE WORKERS TO DEMAND MORE.

ALL THIS LEAD TO SERIOUS INSTABILY
AND STRIKES GO HAND IN HAND WITH THE ABOVE.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by Peinstein: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
I gues African Development bank was also sponsored by APC, while Amnesty International report was sponsored by PDP. I can't remember the time, but it has been quite long when I first read a foreign article where it asserted african leaders are always quick to blame the opposition for their failures. What surprises me is how this theory plays itself out all around african politics. If this is your own form of 'thinking outside the box', then you need to think deeper.
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by PrettyRita(f): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
Peinstein: I gues African Development bank was also sponsored by APC, while Amnesty International report was sponsored by PDP. I can't remember the time, but it has been quite long when I first read a foreign article where it asserted african leaders are always quick to blame the opposition for their failures. What surprises me is how this theory plays itself out all around african politics. If this is your own form of 'thinking outside the box', then you need to think deeper.

Let's not forget that a United Nation body recently gave the same Jonathan award for reducing poverty and hunger. That MDG has also rated him high. Why are people not making reference to these. They associate themselves rather with negative reports cos they serve their interest. Not too good for people that are in dire need of development.
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by Peinstein: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
PrettyRita:

Let's not forget that a United Nation body recently gave the same Jonathan award for reducing poverty and hunger. That MDG has also rated him high. Why are people not making reference to these. They associate themselves rather with negative reports cos they serve their interest. Not too good for people that are in dire need of development.

Maybe it is the opposition forces at work

My take is, as a leader be ready to take blames and credits and this is not limited to Jonathan. It is lame blaming ASUU strikes on APC
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by bodejohn(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
What more will not be said about the opposition? Didn't the minister of power blame the opposition for the vandalization of gas pipelines a couple of days back? Pipelines situation in the heart of the region that currently runs the presidency.
Why not blame the opposition when every little activity of the government is heavily politicised and critized.
The earlier we know that the opposition and the ruling party are two sides of the same coin the better for us.
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by Idokojimmy: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2013
bodejohn: What more will not be said about the opposition? Didn't the minister of power blame the opposition for the vandalization of gas pipelines a couple of days back? Pipelines situation in the heart of the region that currently runs the presidency.
Why not blame the opposition when every little activity of the government is heavily politicised and critized.
The earlier we know that the opposition and the ruling party are two sides of the same coin the better for us.

Is it not possible that the opposition elements could be sponsoring saboteurs to vandalise power installations simply becos that is the sector that the govt appears to be enjoying goodwill?
This is where the "think outside the box comes in"
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by PrettyRita(f): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
It has been confirmed. APC now sponsoring ASUU http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/asuus-n87-bn-cant-be-renegotiated-says-apc/
They have forgotten that d govt has approved 400 billion for infrastructure, beside the 100 billion that Gabriel Suswam raised to support developmental projects in our varsities.
Also, that 30billion has been released for their allowances is enought to send hem Back to school. Now we know the enemies of Nigeria
Isn't ASUU being selfish? I thought they were fighting for infrastructural developments? Now they've exposed themselves.
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by seunfly: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
You must be seriously high on something that is not good 4 ur health, i know that people that agreed with you on this are also suffering 4rm d same thing.
Re: Opposition Fuelling Strike Actions In Nigerian by Omen100(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
these are obvious signs of endtime for Nigerians living in Nigeria cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

54 Killed, 36 Missing In Borno Boko Haram Attacks / Anenih Agrees That 7 Govs Have Genuine Grievances, INEC Asked To Deregister Pdp / PDP Splitsville: Baraje Faction Threatens Bamanga Tukur With Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.