Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri (89132 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
Another week for us to learn!
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sand! sand!! Filling sand being delayed by bad roads spoiled by the rains, we are surely getting more trips tomorrow, we are going to work with 2 trucks tomorrow.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by kinzodigital: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hello Spyder,
Are you able to send me an estimate of materials for a 6 bedroom duplex from foundation to completion?
Do you suggest buying or moulding the 9 in blocks?
My emai address is kinzodigital@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 4:16am On Sep 05, 2013
kinzodigital: Hello Spyder,
Are you able to send me an estimate of materials for a 6 bedroom duplex from foundation to completion?
Do you suggest buying or moulding the 9 in blocks?
My emai address is kinzodigital@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Welcome, are you the Oga that sent me his building plans? What is the location of the proposed house?

The decision to buy or mold blocks is better made when the location is known, how fast you need the blocks and the space you have in your compound. I will send you a mail later, thanks.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
spyder880:

Welcome, are you the Oga that sent me his building plans? What is the location of the proposed house?

The decision to buy or mold blocks is better made when the location is known, how fast you need the blocks and the space you have in your compound. I will send you a mail later, thanks.

See wisdom talking, i hail oh
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2013
We are still working around the challenge of filling sand. Small quantities coming from here and there as there is no large deposit of sand around here, shifting from distant locations will be very expensive, but we are working.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
Reporting to class!
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by kinzodigital: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello Spyder,the location is Benin City
I would be needing the blocks in 2 weeks,
Are you able to undertake this building project in Benin City?
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by kinzodigital: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
hello Spyder,how do I get the 9 inch hollow blocks.Is it buying or moulding?
It is for a 6 bedroom duplex.
Can we use 6in and 5 inch solid blocks without a 9 in hollow block?
What is your advise?
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by plasgidy: 1:24am On Sep 07, 2013
Super spyder nde woo, its hapening all over. Ikaraka men.with the look of this foundation is gonna take loads of red mood to fill it up.pls how much is a trip of the filling sand full 911 tiper? Thanx
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 1:39am On Sep 07, 2013
kinzodigital: Hello Spyder,the location is Benin City
I would be needing the blocks in 2 weeks,
Are you able to undertake this building project in Benin City?

Benin is a little far for me now, but in time to come I will be covering all the other cities. If you have the space to mold the blocks, go ahead and mold, its always cheaper in the long haul.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 1:41am On Sep 07, 2013
plasgidy: Super spyder nde woo, its hapening all over. Ikaraka men.with the look of this foundation is gonna take loads of red mood to fill it up.pls how much is a trip of the filling sand full 911 tiper? Thanx

In this location, a 911 load of sand sells for N7000k, there are no possibilities of hiring a bigger truck because of the road and costs of doing so, I think as many as 45 trips of 911 sand will be needed here.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by plasgidy: 9:55am On Sep 07, 2013
spyder880:

In this location, a 911 load of sand sells for N7000k, there are no possibilities of hiring a bigger truck because of the road and costs of doing so, I think as many as 45 trips of 911 sand will be needed here.

thanks for the prompt answer, that means we are looking at about nearly 400to450 k to fill the foundation with labour , waoo its outragious anyway oga land should be equol to the task
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by kinzodigital: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks Spyder for the prompt reply.
I wish you were able to undertake the project in Benin City.lease are you able to send a rough estimate of the materials needed to undertake the 6 bedroom project from foundation to roofing ie bags of cement,types of rod and quantity,trips of sand etc.
You may not necessarily add the cost- just the quantity,Thanks
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
We are still sand filling this very high foundation, more than 30 small trips of sand has gone in already. More pictures tonight.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by kinzodigital: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hello Spyder,you have still not responded to my request of the material needed for a 6 bedroom duplex.
Please if this could be sent to me it would be quite appreciated.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
kinzodigital: Hello Spyder,you have still not responded to my request of the material needed for a 6 bedroom duplex.
Please if this could be sent to me it would be quite appreciated.

Will try again tonight sir.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
We are still filling this foundation

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
We are still packing the blocks already made near the house, to be used immediately after the casting of the DPC of this house. More blocks to be made tomorrow.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
portions still remaining to be filled, meanwhile more filling sand to be delivered tomorrow.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
Back of the house...........

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 2:22am On Sep 09, 2013
Nice one . . .
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by mufutau55(m): 3:26am On Sep 10, 2013
spyder880:
The owner is in a hurry to move into this house as early as December 2013, but due to the rural nature of the area there are no block industries in close proximity as to make buying a better choice, economically.

I know there is a reason whey I love this my Oga.
I no go rest until you build me my own house oh!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by mufutau55(m): 3:36am On Sep 10, 2013
spyder880: Back of the house...........

Oga Spyder.. the top concrete (to cover all the foundation around the four corners) on that picture is what you call "Binding the Foundation" right? I go learn oh!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 4:12am On Sep 10, 2013
mufutau55:

I know there is a reason whey I love this my Oga.
I no go rest until you build me my own house oh!

Hajji Mufutau

Thank you sir, I will really love to.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 4:15am On Sep 10, 2013
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder.. the top concrete (to cover all the foundation around the four corners) on that picture is what you call "Binding the Foundation" right? I go learn oh!

Hajji Mufutau

No, this is the "foundation top beam" where blocks are very high, we add a beam to stabilize the partitions.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 4:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Sand filling is almost completed on this site, we are starting compacting the soil today, lots of water to be pumped here and ramming arranged. We intend to cast the DPC by tomorrow, thereafter the walling stage will start. We should work with plumbers today.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Natudu: 5:50am On Sep 10, 2013
spyder880: Sand filling is almost completed on this site, we are starting compacting the soil today, lots of water to be pumped here and ramming arranged. We intend to cast the DPC by tomorrow, thereafter the walling stage will start. We should work with plumbers today.
See work plan. Nwoke e zu ike!
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Natudu:
See work plan. Nwoke e zu ike!

No be small things my brother, but we must push on!
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2013
Now we have completed all of the sand filling, it consumed 47 trips of sand to fill. We are already pumping a lot of water into the foundation to make it sink further, meanwhile I went and bought some plumbing materials to be used in this foundation. Casting of this DPC is so near now.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
closer on the pipes .......... my plumber is already in site, more works tomorrow.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
Reporting for learning!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Quality Granite Supply,haulage At A Reasonble Price / Nigerchin, Kabelmetal And Coleman Cables, / Man Returns From Dubai To See The House Built With Money He Sent Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.