Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Pray And Fasting Or Working And Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray And Fasting Or Working And Praying (467 Views)

How To Pray And Receive Answers. / Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! / Why Can't Pastor E.adeboye, Chris Oyakhilome, T.b Joshua Pray And Heal Yaradua. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray And Fasting Or Working And Praying by nora544: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2013
In nigeria for every problem i hear pray and fast.

This so called man of god preach pray and fast for every problem and also that the people get rich.

In my country they preach work hard and pray when you have a dream and you will see that god help you that your dream come true.

In nigeria the they preach pray and fast, sow seed, give the first fruit,........

Which will help people more that they have a good life and that there dreams come tru.

Why in nigeria this so called man of god never preach work hard and pray.

What is better pray and fasting or pray and work hard.
Re: Pray And Fasting Or Working And Praying by omotayokay: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
nora544: In nigeria for every problem i hear pray and fast.

What is better pray and fasting or pray and work hard.

all of the above
Re: Pray And Fasting Or Working And Praying by mcfynest(m): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
i hope ypu know what is meant by fasting?
Re: Pray And Fasting Or Working And Praying by nora544: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
I know what is meant by fast not eating for 24 hours or more, that is how i learn it.

I hear also that in nigeria they make fasting in that way that they eat only once a day and this for 40 days or 70 days but this is for me no real fasting.

I hear this from a good friend his mother is a minister in the church of adeboye. That they where fasting for 70 days and they eat only in the evening, but this is for me no real fasting.

I make every year before easter one week fasting that meands only drinking water and we eat nothing for seven days. It is not easy but with praying it works.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Be Quick In Passing Judgment On People / Twelve Ways To Know God / Rosary For Nigeria. Let Us Pray! "For Believers And Prospective Believers"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.