Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond (22291 Views)

Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2013
how much is 3000 pounds?
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by emmanuel4758(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2013
uk uk uk visa available at 10 k per second come and grab urs with 10mb free bundles ...pasin to d next thread
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2013
Quote from one of the comments from the article
Very sad about the Boys' Brigade and all that but I'm afraid they are victims not of the British border controls but of the reputation of Nigeria.

Will we one day need Nigeria more than they need us? Perhaps, but let's make a decision when we see how Boko Haram get on, shall we? After all, if they get to Abuja, the only thing Nigeria will be sending us will be refugees
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2013
That's what we will get if the only thing in our dumb heads is to leave Nigeria to go and settle down in UK. Who dey pursue una commot here? As that place full reach, people still won enter. I thank God for my life, I'd rather visit Zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 10:00am On Aug 16, 2013
some more quotes from brit :
Nigeria seems more likely to descend into chaos, than to stabilize. The elite do not cart for their citizens, with 70% of the population poor. Population growth is beyond sustainable levels, and it is among the worlds most corrupt countries.
Yet, from this base, the writer blasts UK for choosing not to allow Nigeria's problems from becoming Britain's.
Comparison with Pakistan is relevant. We have imported this countries many problems, and now have areas in our main cities that are described as "Our Area" or Muslim Areas, which disturbs many people.
As for the £3000 bond. How many Brits are over staying visas, working in Nigeria illegally, and fraudulently using public services they are not entitled to ? My guess would be around zero.
This applies also to Pakistan and India, they do not like it's imposition, but will not reciprocate because the situation is entirely different.
Britain is speaking out about the demographic changes it is experiencing, and some countries citizens will discover that entry into the UK is to become more restricted because politicians are finally accepting that this is the overwhelming wish of the population.
It is not racist or bigoted to hold these views, it is a natural human response to the rapid changes that have turned many lives up side down. Listening to the people is wise, ignoring them for ideological reasons is not.

2 Likes

Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by veraobi: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2013
Only Abacha, OBJ n MKO Abiola's loot can turn Nigeria to Britain.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by PBeni(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2013
pharuk: Its about time we wake up and realise that the grass on the other side (UK) is not always green.

Yes we have family, friends, school that we need to visit, but its time to realise that we also have values.

If reverse was the case, (Nigeria charging UK £3K) other European countries will support UK and put a fee for Nigerians.

But we have to no active African Union, what you see is other African countries is them Laughing at us.

I must also add, Nigerians proposing £5K as a retaliation is one of the dumbest idea I have ever heard, he who came up with that idea should be fired.

What do I propose then? Allow the UK to charge that fee - UK has no natural resource or nothing, just a an accountable country with "minimal corruption" and thrives on taxes. By the time Indians (which by the way constitute some degree of influence on the British economy) Nigerians etc, moves to other countries, and the GDP in UK continues to Drop, there will be no need to tell monkey that market done close.

#DazAll

I concur with your point, i think its way better than the 5k bond. I also think a trade boycott of British goods and services will get the prime minister calling for a reverse on the 3k visa bond.
My opininion though...
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ddeola: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2013
For God's sake that country has nothing to offer una, instead na una get stuff to offer dem.Make una fashy dem
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2013
another brit quote:
This is what immigration authorities do...even the African ones. They oblige people, innocent people!, all over the world to apply for visas to visit their countries at cost to the visitor. They impose conditions of stay on innocent people, obliging them to leave when told. They even apply differential immigration requirements on different groups of innocent people depending on country of origin (eg India and Pakistan)..

Every single global travel programme I have ever seen has involved white people spending hours at borders while non-white people deliberate if they can enter the country...eg immigration authorities messing about innocent people.

another british quote :
I think a £3000 is a brilliant idea and should be extended to people from most countries.
As for Nigeria becoming a superpower, dream on.

another british quote :
It makes me ashamed to be British..... and meanwhile, those of us who have to live and work in Africa get stung with equally massive visa fees and conditions out of retaliation......

How can politicians be so embarrassingly out of touch with a changing world? Now they try to tell us not to marry "foreigners" or to have to pay ridiculous sums if we do, they ban foreign musicians, artists and other performers and now the BOYS BRIGADE.... really? This is just dire and has in effect killed off the youth exchange programmes that were being run by VSO etc., Programmes that meant British kids got to spend supervised time in other countries too.

Yet in America, young people are encouraged to spend time gaining experience in foreign countries. They have the Peace Corps, they encourage Study Abroad and as a consequence their youth get a stepping stone to careers in Policy and Administration that British kids will never get access to.

I cannot believe that Britain has become so parochial, narrow-minded and shamefully petty - until I look closer to home and see how we treat our own in such equally contemptuous ways.... I realise that I have become a hater of UK PLC.

another british quote :
In spite of corruption and internal problems Nigeria is moving steadily to beat South Africa to become the most dynamic economic power of Africa and that too in not distant future. It has a democratic government and at top level the priorities are aimed in the right direction. There is lawlessness because of some fundamentalist creating trouble, but on the whole it is on the right track. It has the largest population in Africa, which can, if needed might be used to increase productivity.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by SplendidE(f): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2013
Heading east wit full speed on my keke napep,who kias to join

2 Likes

Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by dodo77: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2013
IF I HAVE MY WAY, FOR EVERY BRITON THERE MUST BE A MONTHLY BOND OF 5000 EURO FOR YOU TO REMAIN IN THIS COUNTRY AND FOR EVERY BRITISH COMPANY TAX MUST BE 50%. LET US SEE WHO WILL CHICKEN OUT AT THE END OF THE DAY. BUT SERIOUSLY OUR GOVT SHOULD SEE THIS AS A CHALLENGE. MAKE THE COUNTRY HABITABLE FOR THE CITIZENS. LET NIGERIA BE OUR HOME SWEET HOME.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 16, 2013
solomon111: why not shop in Nigeria and holiday in tinapa?
Must you go out of the country before you can do anything reasonable.?
The scale of capital flight from Nigeria to these countries is terrifying.

I was just speaking in general terms.

I personally shop in the country.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 10:18am On Aug 16, 2013
Quote from The United King its interesting ,read on :
1)Dreadful Ian. Would you be prepared to allocate 100,000 pounds of your own money to guarantee that each one leaves the UK when their visas have finished?

I wouldn't.

2)There was probably a high probability that many of those 43 "boy ambassadors" were simply going to stay in UK. Based on previous experience in similar situations. Lat year there were quite a few Olympians who simply left the Olympic Village and chose to stay in England.

So if you have a problem with the policy and the visa fees you also need to address the over-stayers. Otherwise you are just chewing useless feel-good fat. Do you think it would be a good idea to add a million Nigerians to UK's population? 2 million? How many? If not how do you propose to prevent it?

3) Simple extrapolation: there are many events like this. Nigeria has 150 million people. If you allow just 100,000 to visit each year and a 20-30% stay, take it for 20 years and include the families that will join them (on average 2.5 persons for each immigrant) - and you get into large numbers within a generation. It is called chain migration - people bring additional relatives after they settle, and those bring more, and on and on.....

And that is just one country, although a big one,.... Do you propose adding these millions or not? If not, do you have another solution to how to prevent it?

4)African Americans with the nouse are increasingly moving into and swaying the business dialogue in Africa, especially in South Africa. Better Nigerians look towards them for direction than the platitudinous, paternalistic white European social elite.

5)Maybe just maybe the blame lies with the culture of trying to get into the UK with fraudulent documents which means it comes very difficult to spot the genuine from the bogus.

6)Is Nigeria in Bongo Bongo land?

The world needs get used to the idea that the UK just isn't that interested in it anymore, and certainly doesn't welcome visitors here.

And while we are more than happy to pay peanuts for their natural resources I imagine other buyers could be found easily enough.

7)Perhaps the Home Office is being a bit unreasonable in this case and should review its decision - but we need to be sure that they won't overstay. The bond proposal seems reasonable, though £3000 may not prove a large enough amount to be effective.

Really these people are victims of all those who have abused our hospitality by overstaying and refusing to leave when they'd outstayed their welcome. Along with those who've spent years blocking attempts at an honest debate on immigration, they bear the responsibility for exhausting the patience of the (naturally tolerant and welcoming) British public to the point where we're now seeing a backlash and people are demanding tougher border controls and enforcement against those here illegally.

As for Nigeria becoming a superpower.... erm, I think I'll have to stay politely sceptical on that one!

coolNigeria seems more likely to descend into chaos, than to stabilize. The elite do not cart for their citizens, with 70% of the population poor. Population growth is beyond sustainable levels, and it is among the worlds most corrupt countries.
Yet, from this base, the writer blasts UK for choosing not to allow Nigeria's problems from becoming Britain's.
Comparison with Pakistan is relevant. We have imported this countries many problems, and now have areas in our main cities that are described as "Our Area" or Muslim Areas, which disturbs many people.
As for the £3000 bond. How many Brits are over staying visas, working in Nigeria illegally, and fraudulently using public services they are not entitled to ? My guess would be around zero.
This applies also to Pakistan and India, they do not like it's imposition, but will not reciprocate because the situation is entirely different.
Britain is speaking out about the demographic changes it is experiencing, and some countries citizens will discover that entry into the UK is to become more restricted because politicians are finally accepting that this is the overwhelming wish of the population.
It is not racist or bigoted to hold these views, it is a natural human response to the rapid changes that have turned many lives up side down. Listening to the people is wise, ignoring them for ideological reasons is not.

10) The question is whether its energy and entrepreneurialism can sustain a population expected to increase fivefold by the end of the century; if it does, it could challenge even China.

The current population of Nigeria is 162 million.

A fivefold increase would mean a population of 810 million by the end of the century.

That, I would imagine is Nigeria's biggest problem.

Still, good news for Arsenal.....

11)The author completely agrees with the substance of Godfrey Bloom's accusations about the misuse of aid money, refers to Nigeria's leaders as thieves making off with western "bung", and in effect calls the place a banana republic.

But somehow he manages to portray himself as the opposite of Bloom, simply because Bloom used offensive language. If Bloom had said "bung-bung" land, his comments and Ian Birrell's might be indistinguishable.

But what's bigger news in the UK papers: the misuse of millions of British pounds by what Birrell calls a kleptocratic elite that oppresses its people or the particular words used by an obscure MEP most of us didn't know existed last week. The latter obviously because verbal rudeness in Britain is an infinitely worse global problem than actual suffering and corruption.

Maybe to compensate, you could ask Afua Hirsch to write a story about how human rights are worse in Ghana than in the UK (especially for the mentally ill) instead of the usual stream of anglophobia.

All this being said, I think Bloom was indeed abusive in his terminology. But I do wish the anti-racist witch hunters would occasionally take some time to attack rotten actions instead of rotten words.

12)Nigeria a superpower? You cannot possibly, possibly be serious.

Nigeria is far more likely to become a failed state than a superpower - certainly until they resolve their problem with racist Islamists murdering innocent people on a weekly basis.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2013
Thank God I don't have any close relative in that country to visit. I'd make do with the US and Canada
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 10:24am On Aug 16, 2013
quotes from the citizens of United Kingdom : Please read ,it is interested to se what people think of us
1)nigeria has plenty of money. just last week i received a charming email from a prince of nigeria, saying i had one a pretty large sum! further to that, he offered me an amazing investment opportunity, and i should be expecting a 1000% return on my money in the next few days! what a great country
2)I replied to one of those once. I told the exiled politician that while his offer of $40,000,000 was undoubtedly very generous, I felt that I was owed compensation due to the fact that Arsenal had signed Nigerian footballer Emmanuel Adebayor, who had turned out to be useless, so I wanted another $10,000,000 to cover my feelings of sadness and disappointment.

Whoever the guy on the other end was, he was not at all happy with my assertion that Adebayor was a Nigerian
3)This is a major oil producer that suffers crippling power shortages and accounts for one in three children out of school in Africa.

Yes, I see that superpower status looming on the horizon
4)Recommend
1Expect meddling and stirring from London and maybe Washington.
No doubt rumours of al Qaeda will surface, drones will be sent in to support the incumbent if he is pliant, or any cut-throats we can buy, if he isn't.
Boots may end up in the ground as the Camerons and Hagues if this world urge yet more war to bring peace.
Our dear leaders are happy for British Petroleum to take Nigerian oil, but I wonder how they'd feel about NP sucking dry the North Sea.
Keeping the pecking order re Africa is a priority for No. 10 and No. 1600.

5)One of the problems are the inconsistencies within the visa system. A west African country like Ghana, close to Nigeria has a smaller population, is less corrupt and has recently found oil, much of its urban population is prospering and it is worthy of the status of being a second world country. Yet the visa restrictions remain as onerous; meanwhile there are no visa restrictions on Brazilians coming here on six month visit visas, with many of them overstaying and taking on work. This has been the case for years. Other second world countries similarly take advantage of this...
The FO and Border Agency need to review specific nations in regard to visa entry.

6)Well, this Nigerian finds a lot of this rather interesting. I could go into a huge rant about how insulting a number of you good people are, but I'll pass.

I will say though, using public services in the UK or getting a job in the UK right now, while being illegal is pretty much impossible. You can buy the government line if you want, but you know, it is what it is.

7)Well, this Nigerian finds a lot of this rather interesting. I could go into a huge rant about how insulting a number of you good people are, but I'll pass.

I'm sure you are aware that Nigeria:

1) Applies immigration controls to foreigners
2) Varies immigration controls and the cost of visiting Nigeria by country
3) Allows people from neighbouring overwhelmingly black African countries to enter without paying for a visa while obliging many white people from the UK and the rest of Europe (not majority black African) to pay for a visa.

I'm sure you will understand how we Europeans may draw the "obvious" conclusions about Nigerian immigration policy
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 10:24am On Aug 16, 2013
Honestly, the obsession with Race of The Guardian is killing any positive debate against Racism or even any serious debate on immigration.

Using Visa Rejections is tricky, unless you see the rejection letter and what the case worker rationale was is difficult to say, let alone linking the decision with Racism.

What the author is missing here (hopefully missing and not conceiving) are the risk assessments that the Home Office uses to asses each country, that includes key metrics such as the number of over stayers.

In the case of Nigeria is even trickier, corruption is endemic and getting fake papers for Visa applications is really easy. In fact, you could even buy fake papers not far from the Embassy in Lagos. And that is a waste of money, the corrupt authorities even would issue 'official' dodgy passports to you.

And as for the Race ....if the UK authorities are so 'racist' why countries like Brazil (largest Black and mixed raced population in South America) have even a Visa Waiver for instance?

And I have no doubts that Nigeria got all the potential to become a super power and sadly is victim of a small group of corrupt people, yet, changing the immigration rules wont make Nigeria less corrupt or better. Is up to the Nigerian people to drive for a change which I'm sure that will be achieved in the long term.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Quotes from UK citizens :
1)What utter tripe. Nigeria may be oil rich but with the majority living on £1.29 a day it's a basket case. As you say, it's a kleptocracy too with the elite looting it every day. This is why it will never move on. Note they want to come here. We do not want to go there. The £3000 bond is an excellent idea and should be expanded upon. Remember the Olympics? The overstayers and asylum seekers were all Africans. Keeping the boys brigade out was sensible. We are giving them £1 billion over 5 years yet they are developing a space programme. Our politicians are simply posturing on the world stage handing out huge bribes instead of engaging with reality.
2)Recommend
2Do you know how much Britain makes from Visa fees in a country like Nigeria alone?? It is about 5 times the aid it gives to Nigeria...It is sad many of you don't understand how the world works. Do you really believe that immigration is Britain's problem? I can bet you the issue of immigration in Britain is just an emotional thing and there are not much evidence!

3)Maybe we should send the Nigerian Boys' Brigade a mis-spelt 'official' email saying that we have their visas, together with a large quantity of gold bullion, but unfortunately we need help to get them out of the country. A 'loan' sent by international money transfer would do the trick...

4)As a citizen of a developing world, I can understand the fears of many western countries of being swamped by immigrants from poor countries. But a £3000 bond is not going to reduce the problem. There are people out in the world who are willing to stake all they have for a chance to reach a developed country. If the bond ensures issue of visa, they will happily sell everything to raise the money. But if issue of visa is not linked to the bond but to other criiteria, then it will just add problems to the bonafide visa seeker and not help the resolution of the problem. It is alright to decide on the bond to pacify the public but it may not bring in the desired result.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by joxiri: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2013
Fantastic article, I just wish david cameron and clegg can read it
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by ooshinibos: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2013
1)You have it the wrong way around. Nigeria needs to open up its borders to the already developed world and the East Asian economies.

These developing nations are crying out for some gentrification to make their countries look more attractive to trade and investment.
2)Casual overt racism is on the rise, that is a fact on so many levels....

When you print pictures of "tax evaders" and the majority of them are non-white, when you drive a around with billboard saying "go home", when a statement like "bongo-bongo" land is not vilified, just look at the comments made against Doreen Lawrence the other day......there is a problem...

Whenever conservatives are in power, there is always a rise in "racial tensions", their whole ideology is to create divisions and bring out fear and xenophobia in people.

How can you do business with a country with, on one hand wants your money, on the other wants to throw you out of the country. Confusing hey!!!!!

Countries like Britain and Australia actively adopt racist policies. If Australia was propped up by China, they would be 3rd world country, Britain on the other hand has to make choices, all the "racist" rhetoric is heard all around the world, is stiffling business....

When people see we want your money but not you....PROBL
2)Nigerians, like Russians, tend to bring trouble with them wherever they go. In Thamesmead there are Nigerian gangs operating prostitution rackets, drugs, fake property deals and so on that bring in 2 million a year. The police know about it but do nothing. The Russians are even worse. And what about the parking ticket mafias in London?

3)Superpower?

Yes, the population is three times the UK, but the median age is under 18, they are 2nd in the world for HIV, their maternal death rate is 15th from the world's bottom, half don't have clean drinking water, two thirds no sewage, a quarter of the children are underweight, they have 60% literacy, average schooling is 9 years, 30% of the children are doing child labor, life expectancy is only 52 years, and their per capita GDP is 180th in the world out of 229 countries and regions, worse than Papau New Guinea but better than Sudan, 70% are below their own poverty line at under $2/day.

They have oil. That is, it is pumped from their lands. The people have nothing to show for it. That is no superpower. It won't be in this world, not for so long the world will be an entirely different place.

4)The unfortunate reality is Britain's colonial history has brought about rampant immigration.
On a final note, honest prosperous Nigerians can spend their money elsewhere. A lot of Nigerians now send their kids to universities in the USA Canada and even China.
PS my username may make you think I live in London. I'm an ex-Londoner living in sunnier climes.

5)Like the French, Portuguese and Italians, the British were never REALLY interested in the growth of any part of Africa, least of all Nigeria. Nigeria was created to massage the ego of the imperialist and distant British empire, and millions of Nigerians have died to keep Nigeria ONE and apparently indivisible.

Curiously, while Britain has benefited immensely from crude oil proceeds, she has grown to reject the CONSEQUENCES and side-effects of the one-Nigeria that she once heralded.

Slowly but surely, Britain will learn that the world is a system, and that what goes around comes around in a modified form.

3 Likes

Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2013
Hmmmm!

Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by saved: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Why go far? The name alone & their antecedent should have openned our mind long ago. BRITISH government is BRUTISHLY BRUTE. Shalom.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by fpeter(f): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2013
Abeg make una dey break the grammar in simple terms
so everyone can understand.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2013
The Cosmic Gods created a boundless Earth, Humanoids put boundaries and introduce VISA, then Bonds of 3000 POunds, inflicting more agony on the poor, cos the rich are not flight risk and will not have to pay.

The Commonwealth is a sham, and Nigeria, India and other commonwealth nations should opt out of the Commonwealth and form a parallel body without the UK. And the Government of Nigeria should impose million pound bonds commensurate to ten-times the equated sum Nigerians will pay on Shell and other British Companies operating in Nigeria. This is time to pay back the colonial masters.

Nigerians in UK often complain about high tax, but fail to come back and start life here, there are too much opportunities for entrepreneurial minds, but almost none for employables.

There are alternatives to UK holidaying. Cape Verde is good and visa free, Mauritius is beautiful and visa at arrival. Stay the f/uck off UK, they are a broke country, dont continue to feed them.

4 Likes

Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2013
fpeter: Abeg make una dey break the grammar in simple terms
so everyone can understand.
grin
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2013
solomon111: Stay in your country.
Is that too much to ask?
tell that to the Indians and Chinese
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by philips70(m): 11:23am On Aug 16, 2013
solomon111: why not shop in Nigeria and holiday in tinapa?
Must you go out of the country before you can do anything reasonable.?
The scale of capital flight from Nigeria to these countries is terrifying.

My friend travelling out of your country for vacation is not an issue subject to debate. Whatever happens to seeing places and shopping alongside? Even Americans, Britons and Europeans travel faraway from their country for vacation and tourism. There is nuffin wrong if I choose to spend my next vacation in Bahamas or London. Not everyone who travels out of Nigeria do that because he or she is tired of living here.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by aktolly54(m): 11:23am On Aug 16, 2013
But i think they(british) colonize us(nigeria),why will they be treating us that way??na wa ooo
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Vansnickers: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2013
Billyonaire: The Cosmic Gods created a boundless Earth, Humanoids put boundaries and introduce VISA, then Bonds of 3000 POunds, inflicting more agony on the poor, cos the rich are not flight risk and will not have to pay.

The Commonwealth is a sham, and Nigeria, India and other commonwealth nations should opt out of the Commonwealth and form a parallel body without the UK. And the Government of Nigeria should impose million pound bonds commensurate to ten-times the equated sum Nigerians will pay on Shell and other British Companies operating in Nigeria. This is time to pay back the colonial masters.

Nigerians in UK often complain about high tax, but fail to come back and start life here, there are too much opportunities for entrepreneurial minds, but almost none for employables.

There are alternatives to UK holidaying. Cape Verde is good and visa free, Mauritius is beautiful and visa at arrival. Stay the f/uck off
UK, they are a broke country, dont continue to
feed them.

The Irony of this situation is that we're members of the Commonwealth. The Brits are becoming quite xenophobic. There is a direct correlation between economic degradation and xenophobia.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by Vansnickers: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2013
aktolly54: But i think they(british) colonize us(nigeria),why will they be treating us that way??na wa ooo

Bro, the average Brit does not care about that.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by 25Calibre(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2013
madridsta007: I think it would be a brilliant idea if the Nigerian government would implement the following:
1. Blacklist and refuse to do business with any UK companies which are owned or part-owned by Tory MPs or which have Tory MP as director or consultant.
2 Impose £50,000 bond on British people (woman, man and child ) entering Nigeria.
3. Stop British citizens in that country from hiring domestic servants and chauffeurs.
4. Arrest and prosecute any G48 staff or deportation escort who arrives in the country with citizens deported from the UK.
(1) above will force Cameron to take the overnight flight to Nigeria to plead with the government.

GEJ, for once, please act and be decisive. Enough of this nonsense from colonial slave dealers.

Lol all these things? Don't you know some of these things you listed violates international law? You can't arrest G4S operatives who arrive with deported Nigerians because technically, they aren't on Nigerian soil.

The best, easiest and effective way to retaliate are

1 - Suspend our membership of the commonwealth, I don't really see the purpose that thing serves apart from a few peanuts we get in the name of aid. ( the commonwealth is extremely important to the UK government, to them, it's their last big asset in the world)

2 - Impose neck breaking taxes on UK companies operating in Nigeria, make new laws that prohibits oil companies from bringing in more that 2 British expatriates per year.

The UK isn't really an important player anymore in global affairs, Nigeria can certainly and conveniently do without Britain.

Britain is washed up and they know it, that's why they fight to hold on to their last colonial territories like Falklands, Gibraltar ( which they'd lose someday ) No natural resources, ( the only country Scotland with a but of oil is threatening to pull out ) nothing new to offer the world.
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by BankuTilapia: 11:38am On Aug 16, 2013
aktolly54: But i think they(british) colonize us(nigeria),why will they be treating us that way??na wa ooo

It's their madaphucking country and they can phucking do what da phuck they want. Nigerians should stay in their country n build the joke of Africa. cheesy
Re: A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond by paparazzi1987(m): 11:44am On Aug 16, 2013
tumababa: how much is 3000 pounds?
200 Naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anybody Who Bombs Himself Thinking He Will Go To Heaven Is Delusional – Sultan / Interim Govt: APC Has Evidence Against Jonathan, Says Fayemi / Forgery Case: Melaye Alleges Attempts To Tamper With Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.