Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. (812 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Photos From The Osun Osogbo Festival / 6 Key Facts About Osun Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by BNLR(m): 7:59am On Aug 16, 2013
Among the few tourist site sponsored by the UNESCO is the popular Osun Osogbo shrine/ groove, It is a symbol of African culture and religion.

Osun osogbo festival attract more than 200,000 visitors from around the globe every August of the year. Most of the visitors are either worshipers or Tourist, And don't be suprise when people rushed down to the river to get a water from the shrine in different container. It has been claimed that the water is a source of spiritual healing for the believers.

This year festival is going to be more colourful with the full participation of the Ogbeni Rauf administration and also the Private establishment like MTN, Lagos Airport Hotel, And many more.

The festival commence on the 19th of August and the grand finale is 23rd of August @ the shrine.

Let celebrate our culture.
Ore yeye oo.......

3 Likes

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
It is not "African" culture and religion. It is "Yoruba" culture and religion.

1 Like

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by BNLR(m): 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
Thanks for your precise contribution, but all the same, it is Africa. Remember the shrine is one of the few sponsored shrine by UNESCO in the whole world.

1 Like

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by warlei(m): 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
Am proud 2 be african,yoruba.
Saw the advert. On tv and i was wowed ,lot of tins happening in the yorubaland,we need more publicity.
Osogbo ile alaro

1 Like

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by BNLR(m): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
There is one big question, and the fact is how much is the participatory level of our people in this kind of festival.

Everybody gone with foreign culture, every year gorvernment spend a large amount of money on pilgrimage while we neglect our own potentials.

May We never suffer.

According to an Emir of Machina Local Gorvernment in the Northern Nigeria during his speech at the Macuf Festival, He said " while people are claiming that our local religion is bad and have many taboo and limitation, why can't we remove the limitation and remodel it for full participatory "
Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
BNLR: There is one big question, and the fact is how much is the participatory level of our people in this kind of festival.

Everybody gone with foreign culture, every year gorvernment spend a large amount of money on pilgrimage while we neglect our own potentials.

May We never suffer.

According to an Emir of Machina Local Gorvernment in the Northern Nigeria during his speech at the Macuf Festival, He said " while people are claiming that our local religion is bad and have many taboo and limitation, why can't we remove the limitation and remodel it for full participatory "

HE really said that! My broda, if you kindly have the source I would appreciate it.

IT is good to see such forward thinking among our Ngizm brothers.

Nigeria is my pilgrimage centre.

1 Like

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by BNLR(m): 7:15am On Aug 18, 2013
The Emir is my Boss during my NYSC, the man is learned his name is HRH, Bukar Albishir Machinama

He is the one that sponsored the said Macuf Festival. Then i was posted to the Local gorvernment as a tour guide and researcher
Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2013
oh that is great. Yes the Mai is educated and tours the world and visits Universities.

on a side not, what is this Macuf festival about?

1 Like

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by BNLR(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2013
I really don't want to deviate from the original thread, i will like to create another thread for that, and i hope we can work together to promote our culture in diversity @ Pagan 9ja.
Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2013
BNLR: I really don't want to deviate from the original thread, i will like to create another thread for that, and i hope we can work together to promote our culture in diversity @ Pagan 9ja.

ok SIr you can discuss it on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1401415/nigeria-monarch-focuslight-emir-machina

we can try to get it on frontpage aswell. wink

1 Like

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by BNLR(m): 12:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
We got to take it slow and steady.........Osun osogbo start tomorw at the Palace of Ataoja with the Lighting of the sacred lamp ( Atupa Oloju merindinlogun ) 16 face local lamp.

Tomorw Monday 19th August, Esuru ( Yam ) will be use for sacrifice and you can eat as much as possible because, everyone will be rejoicing for seeing another year.

Ore Yeye O......
Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
GReat. THe Gods Bless and Guide Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: OSUN OSOGBO Festival 2013; Let's Celebrate Our Culture. by BNLR(m): 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
Regards to the Moderator, hope to see michelin and Odumchi at the shrine too, coz am very sure Pagan 9ja will be there.

You can come with your white attire to feel among.

(1) (Reply)

Foul Language By Tout (agbero) To Our Mater / The Mystical Side Of Iyoba Idia / What People Don't Know About The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.