Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House (26195 Views)

Military Arrests Another Wanted Boko Haram Suspect / Boko Haram Suspect Arrested In Lagos (Photo) / Boko Haram Suspect: We Were Sent To Bomb Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by georgecso(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2013
The Joint Task Force(JTF) in Kano arrested a suspected Boko Haram member at the residence of the son of late former Head of State Sani Abacha, Mohammed, Daily Trust reliably gathered.

It was gathered that the suspect who is a domestic aide of Abacha’s son at his residence located on Magajin Rumfa road at the Government Reserved Area (GRA) in Nasarawa local government area of the state was trailed to the house following the arrest of a suspected Boko Haram member in Maiduguri, Borno State.

Security forces comprising men of the Nigerian Army and those of the State Security Service (SSS) went to the residence at around 1pm on Wednesday.

A source close to the family told Daily Trust that the security operatives arrived the house at a time when the aides of Mohammed were saying their Zuhr prayers.

“They came during the Zuhr prayers; in fact the people around in the house were observing the prayers. The security men alighted from their cars and about 10 of them who were well-armed entered the building and waited till the end of the four raka’at prayers.

“After the prayers, they asked all the people around to lie down. In fact some security men who were among those people praying were also asked to lie down because they were in mufti. When the security men among those people that were lying down indentified themselves, the JTF members asked them to stand up,” he said.

According to the source, the JTF operatives then brought out a suspected Boko Haram member who was handcuffed to identify the suspect in Mohammed’s house.

“As the suspect was trying to identify the one in Mohammed’s house, he started running and jumped a fence but the security operatives arrested,” he said.
However, when our correspondents went to the residence of Mohammed around 1pm yesterday, security guards stationed there denied knowledge of the military operation and the arrest of the suspected Boko Haram member.

But a trader near the residence said he heard about the arrest of the suspect from a friend. “I was not around when the operation took place but I heard that a suspected Boko Haram member was arrested in the house yesterday (Wednesday),” he said.

When contacted by telephone, Mohammed Abacha said nothing like that happened.
Spokesman for JTF in Kano state, Captain Ikedichi Iweha, confirmed the operation but declined further information, saying investigation was still on.
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/3356-jtf-nabs-boko-haram-suspect-in-mohd-abacha-s-house
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2013
Pls, am not trying to derail this thread but because I'm 1st to comment.
I'm Igbo and I want to say I'm totally disappointed in my Igbo brothers that are laying claim of any sort to the development of Lagos.
I don't care if your father owns $10billion worth of estate and landed property in Lagos, let's not deceive ourselfs, if it hurts anyone of us so bad, let's go back and develop our land too, after-all onitsha has the largest market in west-africa.
U guys are making a joke of Igbos on here, stop laying stupid claim on lagos, ve u ever seen anybody with Uche, Nnamdi as surname from Lagos.
If we own as much as we claim in Lagos, what does Lagos and southwest have in terms of resources that we don't have, stop arguing stupid blind arguments on here.
We Igbo's are the problem of ourselves, most Igbo when they make it in the west only go back home to build mansions just to show off.

Enugu has coal in commercial quantity
Anambra has oil, with its trademark 4 to 5 storey buildings which only need painting to beautify onitsha, not to forget the tourist attraction anambra. Igbos are known to be good, witty entrepreneurs - we revolutionised the transport system which is evident in companies such as ABC, young shall grow and so on, innoson motors is producing in Nigeria!
Abia has oil, invest aba-made shoes - Celebrities are now wearing Nigerian designers, who said Nigeria's Nike, addidas can't come out of aba, china started small remember.
I'm a student, I live in the southwest. My dad owns a land and house in the southwest, that does not mean I should come here and start laying claim to Lagos, that's pure stupid and childish.

Nobody should qoute or reply me, just like if u want to.

81 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by ignis: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
JTF, good . More grease to your elbow.
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by collynzo2(m): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hmmm these terrorists might just be sponsored from the billions of dollars Abacha stole.

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by NoobSaibot1: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
I think I've read this news before now. Is this a stale news being recycled?
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
Gradually, all their sponsors will be exposed.
GEJ till 2019.
NextUp: South East

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by 1shortblackboy: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
serious? oya na make una hole am make ein explain wetin dem dey find for ein house

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by AdoreKIZITO(f): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
Kudos to JTF
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hello is anyone surprise undecided

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Gayigaskia(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
He said. She said nigerian newspaper give us credibles sources for your news.
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Dreal1247: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Good 1.
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by timpaker(m): 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Wait a minute.... Abacha's son's house? I smell something! angry angry
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Demour(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
Na wa
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by timsarb: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
AMEEN OH!!! shocked
careytommy: Gradually, all their sponsors will be exposed.
GEJ till 2019.
NextUp: South East

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by homesteady(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
This Mohammed Abacha is a strong CPC member! Now an APC member!
Hmm!! I'm sure you understand where I'm driving to!

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by IAMBREEZY: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
Cock and bull story.
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by cash100000: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
gej is a crazy man, he for send pej
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by cash100000: 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
timpaker: Wait a minute.... Abacha's son's house? I smell something! angry angry
me i smell akara

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by tellwisdom: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Boko haram?? ,...what do they do?
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by legalcode(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
This same man is a chieftain of CPC and CPC has merged with APC.....now we ll know where the problem is coming from, obviously a sabotage by some desperate politicians to pull down GEJ govt. BUHARI + TIFNUBU + CPC + APC = BOKO BOYS

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by eye4eye: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
The same Abacha son that has been traveling coast to coast with Al-Mustapha.
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by cash100000: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
tellwisdom: Boko haram?? ,...what do they do?
they bake fried sh¡t at your backyard
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by passionate88: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mohammed Abacha sef fit no even knw say d guy na boko haram member.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by nerodenero: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
collynzo2: Hmmm these terrorists might just be sponsored from the billions of dollars Abacha stole.
Can anything good come out of that family? In a normal society where the rule of law is observed, the family members of the late dictator most especially Mohammed would have been behind bars.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Fishout(m): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
Even Abacha's son supose to arrest nd prosecute because What Boko haram was doing in his house?
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by 1shortblackboy: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
passionate88: Mohammed Abacha sef fit no even knw say d guy na boko haram member.
that na true o

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
sometimes, I put a big ball in my shirt and pretend to be pregnant. Other times, I feel like frying Boko-Haram in hot palm oil. 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)
Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Nosgidi(m): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
Can any good thing come-out from the house of Abacha??#SMH#

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
cash100000: they bake fried sh¡t at your backyard
you got me cracking up

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by vislabraye(m): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
homesteady: This Mohammed Abacha is a strong CPC member! Now an APC member!
Hmm!! I'm sure you understand where I'm driving to!

Let all the Buhari supporters take note. BH will not tear this country aparT.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Suspect Arrested In Mohamed Abacha’s House by Systeme101: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
...mohamed Abacha denied d incident, his security guards also denied bt d spokesman of jtf in kano state CONFIRMDED it nd said investigation is stil in place...i hop d same method wil b applied if dis teroristl ws arested in a farmers house?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Destroy Illegal Crude Oil Refineries & Kidnapers Camp In Niger Delta.PICS / World Women's Day: Fayose & Wife Host Ekiti Women To A Special Dinner / S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.