Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? (3504 Views)

Poll: Where should he study?

China: 9% (3 votes)
Canada: 90% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? / Why Do Pple Think That Studying Abroad Is Easier / General Question On Graduate Studies In Us, Uk Or Canada (2) (3) (4)

Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by silans(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2006
Nairaland users, i have been opportuned to study abroad, (China and canada ) in focus, but i don't know which to choose meanwhile, i love these two countries,
i need some info.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Badman888(m): 8:44pm On May 29, 2006
Canada should be your first choice, because of its an english speaken country. In China you would hardly find many people speaking english.

In canada the public are more friendly to you that in China you can interact with people more
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by silans(m): 9:11pm On May 29, 2006
hey badman, think u are right coz in china all i will hear is hiyahiya tu, hmmmm in canada all i will hear is c'montaz , language prob. is da major problem,

Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Badman888(m): 9:12pm On May 29, 2006
there is only a small region in canada, Qubec that speaks french and a number of them speak in english
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 1:20am On May 30, 2006
Canada abeg, even alot of chinese r here, take canada as u can work 2 as an int. student, friendly and u will feel at home
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by silans(m): 9:03am On May 30, 2006
I thank you guys for your kind responds.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Idekeson(m): 1:46pm On May 30, 2006
Canada v China

Chinese come to the West to study.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Bibi(m): 2:20pm On May 30, 2006
China: go and learn the next super-power language
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Garuba(m): 3:02pm On May 30, 2006
I live in Canada. Its definitely a lovely place to live and study. Choose Canada.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 3:17pm On May 30, 2006
Garuba, r u skooling in Ottawa or u r just living dere?
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 30, 2006
Yeah go study in china while all the chinese are queueing up at US and canadian embassies to go and study!
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by otokx(m): 5:22pm On May 30, 2006
go to china please.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by xkape(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2006
Hmmmmmm

Why not Khazakistan?
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by my2cents(m): 6:23pm On May 30, 2006
I have a buddy who schools in China right now. He says he is only there cos that was the only opportunity he had to leave the country. He says it is a closed country (news monitored, certain websites blocked - he cdnt even access nairaland when last we spoke embarassed), etc), and the pple, due to closed society, have some -ve preconcieved notions of black pple in general. Not to mention you would have to learn Chinese sharp sharp.

As I always say: don't let your need to leave the country make you do things you wdnt have done if you were still in the country. It may not work out as you expected.

As always, my 2 cents
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by princeonx: 7:12pm On May 30, 2006
which kind question be this for God's sake? studying in China or Canada which to chose? so if we no talk or tell you you no for know which to chose? Maybe you eat alot of that their cykin fy-wice as they call chicken friedrice grin Ol'boy na Canada all the way! good luck!
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by OldGlory1(m): 7:57pm On May 30, 2006
Silans

Do you mean Hong-Kong China, or you mean Beijing China? Please stay away from the Communist part of China. Only Kimba can survive there. If you have a choice, please do Canada and call it a day!
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by kimba(m): 8:10pm On May 30, 2006
so why is everybody condemning China?

China is the next super-power. Not even America can beat that.
If you are not doing business with China, you are out of Business.

have you guys driven out all the Chinese flocking into Nigeria everyday.

And how many people graduates from all over the world are looking for Jobs in China. then all of you open mouth dey yab China. Where is all the electronics in Ikeja coming from, no be China, Taiwan, Korea etc,

@Silans
Abeg, if the door of China opens for you, go there. You wont regret it. Yes, you'll have to learn the language and it will end up as a plus for you. You might end up in a Chinese conglomerate finding a place in Africa. Then, you'll be a big boy.

Do you know that as an English teacher in China(alone), you can earn more than some graduates do in Nigeria? That is prime-time information.

Are you an Igbo speaking man? If you are, abeg go China. Igbos full China, yanfu yanfu. Theres a small Ikeja community in Beijing.

besides, what course are you planning to study. If you are talking Engineering(Electrical engineering, electronics, industrial, mechanical etc), then give it a go in China. You would have the opportunity to work with hard-core engineering companies even while you are a student. In Canada, you might be lucky to be working, jobs outside your area of study, but in China, if you are good, i mean  real good, you could get quality profession-related work experience even while still a student. Honkong could be another London to you. Are you good in Soccer? i mean you have got the legs? abeg, go China,

Hit me up on my mail for more info if you wanna.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by ikilima(f): 8:45pm On May 30, 2006
you see you should probably go to canada, because life there
will be similar to life in U.S and chaina are over populated,because they
have the largest population in the whole world, so life will be much harder
their, just go to canada girl. undecided
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by my2cents(m): 9:39pm On May 30, 2006
Kimba,

China will b the next superpower, but not for the time-being. Probably not for another 20 or so years. In the meantime, sure, the US for example is incurring massive account deficits on account of trade with them and pple are always talking about China calling in their debt one day. Though idealistic, I in my opinion don't think it is realistic. If they did, Americans could react by saying that they wouldn't buy anymore chinese products (ala what they did to the french pre-iraq war) and the chinese would crumble. After all, the US is their largest trading partner.

my 2 cents would be for him to study in Canada, yet perhaps take a minor in International Relations and/or do a summer course in China. That way, he is covered both ways.

Take it or leave it, the west is where things happen and will happen for the foreseeable future.

Then again, what do I know? grin
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 30, 2006
Take it or leave it, the west is where things happen and will happen for the foreseeable future.

Then again, what do I know?

Yeah you do know a lot! The west is where the buzz is! If China is soooo good, why are there so many chinese students increasingly crossing over to the west to study?
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by my2cents(m): 10:01pm On May 30, 2006
Letz not forget davidylan, most of them come here as spies, only to send back what they have learnt and improve upon it with hopes of beating the west at their game wink
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Badman888(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2006
Majority of the chineese people go back home when they are done, for education i take canada if you are going for buisness i would go with china
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:17am On May 31, 2006
my2cents:

Letz not forget davidylan, most of them come here as spies, only to send back what they have learnt and improve upon it with hopes of beating the west at their game wink

Most of them are spies shocked shocked shocked
But i say choose Canada, O Caanada
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by ajadudu: 3:17am On May 31, 2006
Badman888:

Majority of the chineese people go back home when they are done, for education i take canada if you are going for buisness i would go with china

Well said!
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Fimmy(m): 4:36am On May 31, 2006
no matter what i prefer going to China
no matter what
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2006
Yeah like someone said, if you are going for school in other area of sciences aside technology go to Canada but if you must go on Technological Education, then asia is better and more so if you want a handful of business in technology china would still be a good place but for car business canada is good.

It depends on how you look at it Men, Education is more expensive in Canada to China but in the end, you can go anywhere around the world being a canadian student and you can go to hong kong/china any day anytime so far you remain a student of one canadian uni.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by kimba(m): 7:20pm On May 31, 2006
@my2cents
don't worry, just wait and see.  grin grin grin

@davidlan
Yeah you do know a lot! The west is where the buzz is! If China is soooo good, why are there so many chinese students increasingly crossing over to the west to study?
You know in China, if you say "oh, i studied abroad, etc, in this country and that, ", its more like you are looked at as "great", not because of whateva educational attainments you have, its more of a "status quo". I have been to , and to ,

its like saying since you have at least travelled abroad, you have "arrived". Its more of a dying man's last wish kind of, Usually, Chinese will return home from wherever they go to.

another thing: because they have the money. A farmer in China doesnt need to rob a bank to  send his child(usually one/two) to the best schools in China or even in the U.S and still be able to fund his fees, at the same time still be a poor/average income man by Chinese standards. By the time the Nigerian daddy/mommy has like 5 or 6 kids or even more, at least everyone wants to out-do their parents(thats what someone told me), have 2 houses here, 3mansions there, 5cars here, etc., yes they can still train up their children in school, but they will have to be "rich" to send those kids abroad.

For the same amount of children to be trained abroad, a Nigerian mom/dad would have to do twice as hard work as a Chinese Mom/dad would have to do, if both are to be on the same economic scale.
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by hopie: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2006
of course you shd know that you will be better off in canada
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Mercy88(f): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2006
china?? Abegi choose canada, u r better off in Canada
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by OldGlory1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2006
The Savage Arabs are trying to Bomb Canada, you might as well go to the Hong-Kong Part of China. Stay away from communist China or Mainland China!
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by Badman888(m): 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2006
ahhh Bomb where what economic value would they gain by bombing this country, and it would be like a pin falling in an ocean. canada welcomes you
Re: Studying Abroad: China Or Canada? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2006
Badman888:

ahhh Bomb where what economic value would they gain by bombing this country, and it would be like a pin falling in an ocean. canada welcomes you

Its true Badman, There were like 17 terrorists arrested in the GTA man!!! I don't know if they were here to set-up an operation hit for Canada or the U.S.A
Prime Minister Harper is going to enjoy the media coverage. Maybe we will noy deploy troops into IRAQ. Wow Canada better be careful ooo,

ANd Hong Kong is a nice city only because it was run by the british up untill like 2002 i think dont quote me, but power was just handed to china just recently

Yabatech Part-time Forms On Sale / Interlink Polytechnic,ijebu-jesa,osun State.2015/2016 POST UTME FORM.O7O39293182 / “they Cause Chaos With Their Cars” - Auchi Poly Bans Students From Entering Into