Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? (1816 Views)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / How Can One Cope Wit A Lazy Wife? / How Would One Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by MumZ(f): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
Gosh!!! One day u are so excited with d news of a new born growing inside u, n the next, gbam, it all comes trickling down. 1st u hope its the usual light spotting associated with the 1st trimester of pregnancy, but then u go 4 a checkup n u r told, u r loosing d pregnancy n dere's nothing to be done bt d miscarriage as 2 run its cause. Some say 'see it as a delayed period', odas say 'd 1 dat ll stay will come by God's grace'. Bt dat great sense of loss just lingers even as u wish for what might have been. So how does one really cope with such loss? Yeah I knw, life has 2 go on.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by Nomski0(f): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Miscarriages are so painful....even though i havent experienced one, i know it can take a huge toil on the poor mom to be. I guess she just has to get herself together and pray for strength. If married, her husband can be a huge source of support, her family too.
Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by greatgod2012(f): 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
Every loss is accompanied by pain, no loss without pain, so definitely, its gonna be painful and distressing, but as you have said, life must go on.
I will advise that you take courage in the hope that, another better and more glorious one is on the way, also, to admit that, God knows why it happened and also that, you are still alive to have another one, when there is life, there is hope, so always hope for the best and have faith in God that He is the rewarder of those who diligently call on Him.

Though, I've not been there before, but I've also experienced some other form of loss, so, take heart and console yourself that you are not thr first to experience it and you aint going to be the last. Take counsel in your hubby and family as well, and if you have had some kids before this, then, take solace in them, if you haven't had kids before, take solace in the fact that you still have the opportunity to have other and better kids.
It is well.
Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by thorpido(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
After ttc for more than a year,my wife missed her period and we were so glad.Suddenly she started having serious cramps and then spotting.Finally,the mass of embryo came down.It was shattering,but my faith couldn't let me stay down.
I had to do a lot of preaching and exhorting to raise her spirit.I had no doubt we could do it again.I read on the internet that you can conceive in two months after a miscarriage.
Thank God she missed her period after the second cycle.

Look forward to the next opportunity and don't let this loss weigh you down.You can start to try after you see your next period.If you wish 2 talk u can pm me.Cheers.
Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Miscarriage is such a painful ordeal to experience, esp when you're just about in your 2nd trimester cry and the room and bags are good to go. But ... Such is life and we're all subjective to pain one way or the other... dust yourself up, get a good medical checkup to be rest assured you're ready to try again.

All I can tell you is OP The Lord is your strength. Good luck. smiley
Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by blank(f): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
I don't have much to say but I am sending lots of e-hugs your way. God will give you double for your trouble.
Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by MumZ(f): 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tanks all, its a weighty feeln even as 1 continue 2 wish 4 wat may av been. God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by parismarc: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hi Op,I had a miscarriage last year october and I felt really bad,i prayed to God to send the baby that will stay and to God be d glory,am due any moment from now.It's painful I know,but God will c u through.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by EfemenaXY: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
A lot of encouraging posts here.

I sincerely hope @OP derives some comfort from them to stay strong and realize she isn't alone. Help is always at hand.

It is well...

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2013
Always remember that there is no pain not known to man,The water poured but the jar is not broken,thats all that matters . God ll replace your loss in due time.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by Kanwulia: 12:09am On Aug 18, 2013
There is thread for this kind of problem on NL, opened by some NATIVE DOCTORS. kiss

It is called ARE YOU HAVING PROBLEMS COOKING YOUR BABIES TILL THEY ARE WELL DONE!

It might help those in need like you!

Pele o! All the best! kiss
Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by debola23(f): 2:44am On Aug 18, 2013
I am so sorry for your loss . I lost my first baby at birth after trying to conceive for almost too years. You don't want to know how long it took to get pregnant again but by His grace now I have another baby. Its just the way life is set up. We have to go through different challenges. The fact that the pregnancy was still young doesn't make it less painful but time and God will heal your wounds and give you the courage to go again. Just let the next period pass and try from the second cycle. Let us know when to come for naming celebration.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by demmykay: 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
May God console U̶̲̥̅̊. Its painful when one have such experience. After ur second cycle U̶̲̥̅̊ can start trying again. I had a miscarriage in april last year nd I have a baby in feb dis year. Pls pull urself togeda nd trust God. Its well D̶̲̥̅̊E̶̲̥̅̊​A̶̲̥̅̊​R̶̲̥̅̊

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? by olekubaby: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
haaaa, there is no sure fire way to deal with misscarriage or a particular ideal way @ op.
i had it 3 times b4 my 1st baby and now i have 3.
although very painful, u just have to trust it was not meant to be and thank God for everything. what if you had the baby and d baby end up deformed? or any other unmentionable things?

God that did the 1st will definitely do another. brace up dear all shall be well

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Meet The Family Of Linda And Son Who Were Born Without Hands / Discovered Male Maid Acting As Female Caught... / Shop Online. Use Konga App And Earn A N2000 Voucher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.