Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,314 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? (6621 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? by chuqudy(m): 2:06am On Aug 17, 2013
I saw in Wikipedia where Islam was included in the list of religions that honor Peter, the apostle of Jesus Christ. I want a real Islamic schooler to explain this. I don't need any reply from an illiterate but a standard and advanced Muslim scholar.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Peter#cite_note-ReferenceA-2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_in_Islam
Re: How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? by maclatunji: 6:45am On Aug 18, 2013
^The wikipedia post is self-explanatory.

Let me add in simple English. We Muslims see Jesus (AS) and anybody who truly followed him up to the start of Muhammad's (SAW) Prophethood as a Muslim. The same applies to all other prophets before them (AS).

Bear in mind Jesus (AS) and his disciples never called themselves "Christians".
Re: How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? by Ayomivic(m): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
maclatunji: ^The wikipedia post is self-explanatory.

Let me add in simple English. We Muslims see Jesus (AS) and anybody who truly followed him up to the start of Muhammad's (SAW) Prophethood as a Muslim. The same applies to all other prophets before them (AS).

Bear in mind Jesus (AS) and his disciples never called themselves "Christians".
Were they call themselves Muslims?
Re: How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? by maclatunji: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ayomivic:

By definition, anybody who tows the path of worship God has ordained and believes in his oneness and indivisibility is a Muslim. Whether or not you call yourself so.
Re: How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? by chuqudy(m): 1:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks Maclatunji for that insight.
Re: How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 5:20am On Aug 19, 2013
Ayomivic:
Yeah.Allah says in Surah Al-Imran 3:52-Then when Isa(Jesus) came to know of their disbelief,he said:Who will bw my helpers in Allah's cause? The disciples said:We are helpers in Allah's cause.We believe in Allah and bear witness that We are muslims

3 Likes

Re: How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? by AbdH: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2013
lanrexlan: Yeah.Allah says in Surah Al-Imran 3:52-Then when Isa(Jesus) came to know of their disbelief,he said:Who will bw my helpers in Allah's cause? The disciples said:We are helpers in Allah's cause.We believe in Allah and bear witness that We are muslims
...and the words of Allah are true.

(1) (Reply)

Should Sahih Hadiths Really Be 100% Accepted? / The Girl Who Turned To A Monkey / Are You A Traveler? Learn How And When To Shorten Solat!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.