Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building (18309 Views)

Ogun Plans 60-storey Building In Abeokuta / Urban development: Ogun plans 37,000-hectare new town / Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Brimmie(m): 2:54am On Aug 17, 2013
The Ogun State Government, western Nigeria, on Friday demolished its old Secretariat at Oke-Ilewo in Abeokuta, the capital.
Mr Mohammed Affez, Lead Urban Designer and Project Director of Abeokuta City Centre told newsmen in Abeokuta that it was demolished to give way for new Abeokuta City Centre project.
Affez said the master plan of the project was being finalised and would include 60-storey skyscraper hoped to be the tallest in Africa.
He said the project would be handled and financed by Urbanisima Ltd., a Malaysian company.
“There would be adjoining structures which would redefine the landscape of the capital city.
“Others are shopping mall, recreation centre, signature tower, office complex, hotels and worldclass convention centre.”
The demolition is being carried out by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCEC).
Recently,members of the state’s Technical Committee on the project visited Malaysia for a week-long training on the design of its master plan.

Source: PM News
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/08/16/nigerian-state-plans-africas-tallest-building/

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Amosu is working.
Last Bullet:
I think Ogun State Govt should stop developing that Oke-Ilewo & move toward Osiele, Odeda area or Ita-Oshi area. E don do for Oke-Ilewo. Other places should be developed.

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:52am On Aug 17, 2013
Kudos to Ogun State! The next wave of industrialization and capitalization is underway.
I noticed demolition is contracted to Chinese firm. Are there no qualified indigenous demolition companies to handle the work?

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by babadem2much(m): 6:17am On Aug 17, 2013
kudos 2 Ogun state bt de should av plan 4 world tallest building
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by AustineE1: 6:38am On Aug 17, 2013
Looks like a misplaced priority!

12 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Seanet1000: 6:51am On Aug 17, 2013
Austine.E:
When will you people start minding your da.mm business?
na we say make you vote for chickens

19 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Ayekotoo(m): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2013
Austine.E:

They are showing up again. Haters

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by warlei(m): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2013
Who says its a misplaced priority.i dont knw hw people think in this part of the world.things like this attract tourism,create jobs and more beautiful environment,the more we do these tins the more we create jobs,

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ba7man(m): 6:56am On Aug 17, 2013
Hmmmm....Ogun State dey vex oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 6:57am On Aug 17, 2013
warlei: Who says its a misplaced priority.i dont knw hw people think in this part of the world.things like this attract tourism,create jobs and more beautiful environment,the more we do these tins the more we create jobs,

Why don't you simply inspect his past comment to fully appreciate what he is and why he now contributes this inane comment that is one driven by his bad belle for anything Yoruba/SW?

https://www.nairaland.com/austine.e/posts

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 6:59am On Aug 17, 2013
Austine.E:

As if we expect it to be anything other than "misplaced priority" or a "bad idea" from someone like you. Pathetic. Your opinion is unwanted and does not count at all. Next time keep it to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by StObaino1(m): 7:01am On Aug 17, 2013
What's the Essence of building High when majority of the masses are on the ground.
Typical Naija leaders. Meaningless Projects which are irrelevant n may end up half built.

26 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Gbawe: 7:05am On Aug 17, 2013
ba7man: Hmmmm....Ogun State dey vex oooo.

Amosun is not playing at all !!! Oju Ogbeni Amosun nle gan !!!! I think Ogun State will be something else at the rate this guy is going and I am even talking about the intangibles most people cannot appreciate such as the human development all the infrastructural achievements of Amosun will facilitate.

Londoners and New Yorkers are the way they are because of what those places developed into.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by mankevo(m): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2013
St_Obaino: What's the Essence of building High when majority of the masses are on the ground.
Typical Naija leaders. Meaningless Projects which are irrelevant n may end up half built.
Well, I dont know where you are or where yu have been, but in all honesty when you see the economic activities going on in such buildings across the globe, you will yearn for more.Why didn't America build thousands of shoping malls instead of World Trade Centre. remember included “There would be adjoining structures which would redefine the landscape of the capital city.
“Others are shopping mall, recreation centre, signature tower, office complex, hotels and worldclass convention centre.”

I am a proud easterner, but that vote I gave Amosun at Agura Palace Sagamu shortly before i left Naija is the only reason I smile when I hear of Nigerian democracy.
Amosun (like every other Tinubu impostor) is way smart in thinking. we need these breeds in East and not Hating good things.

My Enugu govno too aint deluded though!!

52 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by tomzman: 8:09am On Aug 17, 2013
I love the rate at which Amosun is going. If this story is true, then it is a welcome development. However, I would still like Amosun to spread development to other parts of the state, like Odeda, mowe/ibafo, Akute and Agbara.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by chinakobo(m): 8:14am On Aug 17, 2013
Go to marina at lagos and count the number of multi storey buildings that have been vacant for years. Its difficult to maintain such building!!

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Deolaw: 8:15am On Aug 17, 2013
Sad I don't reside in Ogun State but I am a proud indigene! I just love SW and Yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Deolaw: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2013
china_kobo: Go to marina at lagos and count the number of multi storey buildings that have been vacant for years. Its difficult to maintain such building!!

Silly excuse. SHM you are just sad about the development. Where are you from Sir

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ba7man(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Amosun is not playing at all !!! Oju Ogbeni Amosun nle gan !!!! I think Ogun State will be something else at the rate this guy is going and I am even talking about the intangibles most people cannot appreciate such as the human development all the infrastructural achievements of Amosun will facilitate.

Londoners and New Yorkers are the way they are because of what those places developed into.
I'm just visualizing if 2 more sucessive A.C.N Governors complete 2 terms each and continue work at the rate Fashola and Amosun have.

I don't pay mind to those opposing them because by the time you investigate them, they're either from an Eastern tribe or P.D.P supporters.

Let them wallow in jelousy.....Its good they're having a serious heart ache.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by FreeGlobe(f): 8:42am On Aug 17, 2013
Even though I must admit Amosun is likely the best performing governor in the southwest nay ACN governors but this is an elephant and wasteful project
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 17, 2013
I see the usual pattern of trolling by the usual suspects already....

See my signature...that is essentially what their lives is all about.

OP... I was in Egba over the eid-el-fitr ...I saw the place and I knew something mega is cooking

Amosun has opened a new vista in Ogun State infrastructural and human capital development ....I hope and pray that successive administrations will key into this vision.

Good bless Ogun State

Good bless SW.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by FreeGlobe(f): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2013
Deolaw: Sad I don't reside in Ogun State but I am a proud indigene! I just love SW and Yorubas
we Kare! Yaaaaaaaawnn .. . ...
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Deolaw: 8:45am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe: Even though I must admit Amosun is likely the best performing governor in the southwest nay ACN governors but this is an elephant and wasteful project

Please can you tell us why

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by FreeGlobe(f): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2013
gudugba: I see the usual pattern of trolling by the usual suspects already....

See my signature...that is essentially what their lives is all about.

OP... I was in Egba over the eid-el-fitr ...I saw the place and I knew something mega is cocking

Amosun has opened a new vista in Ogun State infrastructural and human capital development ....I hope and pray that successive administrations will key into this vision.

Good bless Ogun State

Good bless SW.

So you are from ogun state Eko ile. A Moslem. And you have Lagos in your mouth 24/7. Tell me why you escaped being deported if Fashola the bigot really deported yorubas. I see why you have refused to associate yourself with your state.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Deolaw: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
So you are from ogun state Eko ile. A Moslem. And you have Lagos in your mouth 24/7. Tell me why you escaped being deported if Fashola the bigot really deported yorubas. I see why you have refused to associate yourself with your state.

From this I can see your personal pains. Were you deported? If not, why? If you can answer the question then you have an answer on which kinds of people deported. Moreover, that shouldn't be brought to this topic.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Tawis06(m): 9:06am On Aug 17, 2013
Na tallest building we go chop! Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe: Even though I must admit Amosun is likely the best performing governor in the southwest nay ACN governors but this is an elephant and wasteful project
Go and face your apga and Soludo, wetin be your business with APC

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Deolaw: 9:11am On Aug 17, 2013
Tawis06: Na tallest building we go chop! Rubbish

No, you won't eat it. But may bring food to your table. Though the project seems secondary but also useful. The Governor has not said it is his last project or that other projects will be at a stop.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by 3ace(m): 9:18am On Aug 17, 2013
The news reminds me of a skyscraper in Togo. They said it is the tallest building in that country and it is visible just from anywhere. So small a country.
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 17, 2013
The REDAN Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria chair in our last meeting listed 5 states as the next hot zones in Nigeria. Areas where in the next 5 years, would be real estate hot-cakes!
Ogun state came 1st. Call today for your serviced and prime plots, acres, and hectares within the state:
Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by ba7man(m): 9:26am On Aug 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
we Kare! Yaaaaaaaawnn .. . ...
Kidnappers are on the prowl in your region again, you're here bothering about skyscrappers and development in the S.W.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building by demelza01(m): 9:27am On Aug 17, 2013
With the amount of foreign investments pouring into Ogun state in droves, it is only fitting that a befitting city center be built.
Why cry louder than the bereaved? We the indigenes are not complaining. Focus on the projects of your own state.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Suffering From Memory Loss, Jonathan Never Offered Him VP Slot – FFK / NOI POLL: Nigerians Rate Osinbajo Higher Than Buhari / Bola Tinubu To Visit Imo State Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.